The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Just now, itachi-destroyer said:

Yeah but as far as I'm concerned they gave me all the matches I was interested in in the first 2 hours and now I'm just waiting for the true main event of the show so it's more like big match, big match, big match, and then a bunch of filler matches.

Well this is the same company that put Roman/Lesnar in the main event after the disaster that was WM31. Can't really expect rational thinking from them :P

At least 3 years ago we had Rollins to save the night xD

My guess is that Sami/Owens end up on Raw due to being kayfabe fired. This leaves SD without any top heels so they decided to turn Nakamura?

With Brock gone in the near future (possibly after tonight), Braun getting babyface reactions, Bray Wyatt seemingly turning babyface the WWE is now left with no top heels.

Edit : Ok this final fight made my night, it's 6 AM I'm tired and this shit show was so terribly booked that I can't stop laughing now ?

The "this is awful chant" was well deserved and it explains in a really good way what I thought of this Wrestlemania.
Now if the old bastard Vince could die this would just be too sweet for the future of this company.

Tomorrow I just want to see Samoa Joe take his revenge on Lesnar so we can have a full time champion that is actually good.

And remember guys, Reigns kicked out of 5 F5's but lost twice to ONE Skull Crushing Finally, good way to book your champion Vince :) 

Ok.....lets get this out there

What is everyone's high's and lows on Wrestlemania 34?

My highs :

- Intercontinental Championship

- Shinsuke turning heel

- Asuka vs Charlotte match (but still way too short)

- Ronda Rousey

My lows :

Peyton Royce without Billie Kay

Asuka vs Charlotte ending

United States Championship (too short)

Raw Womens Championship match (too long)

Raw Tag Team Championship match (ridiculous)

I would also like to give credit to the universal championship match because the result gave me a good laugh and it wasn't too long thankfully but that doesn't change the fact that it was a garbage festival finisher and it was one year of booking for nothing. (And that's saying a lot from me considering I don't like Reigns at all.)

Edited by itachi-destroyer

15 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Edit : Ok this final fight made my night, it's 6 AM I'm tired and this shit show was so terribly booked that I can't stop laughing now ?

The "this is awful chant" was well deserved and it explains in a really good way what I thought of this Wrestlemania.
Now if the old bastard Vince could die this would just be too sweet for the future of this company.

Tomorrow I just want to see Samoa Joe take his revenge on Lesnar so we can have a full time champion that is actually good.

And remember guys, Reigns kicked out of 5 F5's but lost twice to ONE Skull Crushing Finally, good way to book your champion Vince :) 

So what you're saying is that the only credible opponent for Lesnar to take on next is The Miz? :P

I feel like this was a decent show with some pretty good highs and some remarkably bad lows. The trend of NXT Takeover outdoing the big shows continues. Gargano/Ciampa is match of the year for me so far.

• Like 1

Didn't watch the "main event" because I had better things to do (like drill a hole in my face) but I"m hearing the crowd wasn't having it.  Chanting basically the name of every wrestler who wasn't in the match and such.  Fully expect Roman to just win the title tomorrow anyways completing the passing of the torch from one hated shit-bag to another... although I'm sure Roman isn't actually a shit-bag, I still want to see anyone but him on top.  Getting mercilessly boo'd outta 4 consecutive WM "main events" is enough.

27 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Didn't watch the "main event" because I had better things to do (like drill a hole in my face) but I"m hearing the crowd wasn't having it.  Chanting basically the name of every wrestler who wasn't in the match and such.  Fully expect Roman to just win the title tomorrow anyways completing the passing of the torch from one hated shit-bag to another... although I'm sure Roman isn't actually a shit-bag, I still want to see anyone but him on top.  Getting mercilessly boo'd outta 4 consecutive WM "main events" is enough.

As far as angles go, Roman/Lesnar was entertaining. The two of them were never going to have a good match, and workrate wise, it unfolded like something out of a video game with the two combatants spamming signature moves and finishers for its duration. It was much better than that farce of a Raw Tag Team Championship match.

AJ/Nakamura was disappointing though, but I'm glad there are more matches planned between the two down the road. Asuka/Charlotte was my match of the night, though. The two ladies did an amazing job, divisive ending be damned.

Wow, I wake up on morning, and I find out there are already two pages of discussions. WrestleMania, baby! :D

I could not watch the show because I had no time, I only watched the Kick Off, and I read the results of the other matches: I had said it when I gave you my picks, WrestleMania was so unpredictable, and in fact, most of my picks are wrong. But I did not fucking expect Brock Lesnar to retain, my god! I'm a bit happy of this because it means that, in WWE, everything is unexpected... But now? Who will beat Lesnar for the Universal Title? I'm so confused.

And, before you ask me, yeah: I've pissed off because WWE wasted a great opportuniy by having a fucking 10 year old boy as Strowman's partner instead than a returning Superstar, I've pissed off because Naomi won the Kick Off Battle Royal with no pathos and making Bayley look like a fool, and I've also pissed off because Bray Wyatt allied himself with Matt Hardy with no reason at all. Fuck no sense, lol.

But I'm greatly happy for Jinder Mahal winning the US Title! I've always been a fan of him, since 2011-2012 and I supported him during his WWE Title Reign: I know Rusev will probably take off the Title from him, but now I'm enjoying Mahal's WrestleMania Moment. :D

And now, get ready for Season 2018-2019 :)

Edited by KenjiCBZ

Well, I did not have the opportunity to watch Wrestlemania because of the timezones. Still, I read the results this morning.

In first place, most of the results and things that happened were quite surprising. Some things were really good, others, meh... I didn't watch the matches yet, just results.

I am pretty happy that:

• The Bludgeon Brothers because Smackdown Tag Team Champions. Luke Harper deserved a title for so long and been in the shadows way too much time. I like the way he teams with Erik Rowan. The Smackdown TT Division really a "brute" and powerful tag team.
  • Nia Jax became champion. I heard/saw that somehow they after she won, she/people started talking about the fact she was fat, blabla, love yourself... Come on, don't turn Nia Jax's persona into a victim. I prefer her as a ruthless brute, not a crybaby.
  • Braun Strowman finally won a title. But come on... A kid as a Tag Team partner? Elias would be a potential good partner, in my opinion.
  • Asuka's streak ended. I got a little tired of her invincibility thing. Streaks always come to an end... I was hoping that Carmella would appear with her Money in the Bank contract, but... Didn't happen at all!
  • Seth Rollins became Grand Slam champion... BURN IT DOWN!!!

I'm surprised that:

• Nakamura turned heel. Never though this would happen. But I'm pretty excited about what's to come, and I'm sure Nakamura will become WWE champion sooner or alter.
  • Lesnar won? Was this Vince's message saying "You though Roman Reigns would win? I'll show you what that I have the power to do what I want!"? I mean, if Lesnar appeared more times it would be ok to me. I don't hate Roman Reigns, I kinda like him, even though I think he should be not going after the Universal title for now, at least he would be defending more the title.
  • Jinder Mahal won! Was hoping to be Rusev to win. But hey, Jinder Mahal is a good heel, everybody hates him, lol! It's kinda ironic that Jinder Mahal became US Champion. It is very probable he is going to "joke" with that, like "This is not a US title, this is India title!", something like that.

Not happy/Worried with:

• Braun Strowman's tag team partner (like I said, Elias would be awesome in my opinion)
  • Less heels in Smackdown (with Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens kayfabe fired)
  • When is Lesnar going to lose his title?

My god, what an event. I'll keep it as short as possible:

Men's Battle Royal - pointless match. I guess it's time for Woken Wyatt. 

Cruiserweight Championship - nothing spectacular, but a decent final nonetheless

Women's Battle Royal - Bayley would have been a perfect choice. Sasha, Becky, Nattie, or a NXT girl like Peyton Royce too, but no, let's give Naomi that trophy.

Intercontinental Championship - Congrats to Seth on becoming a Grand Slam Winner. He deserves it.

Smackdown Women's Championship - on one hand I'm disappointed that Asuka lost. On the other it's fine that Charlotte broke the streak instead of Rousey or Carmella. Charlotte's victory would mean so much more though, if her PPV winning streak would still be intact.

US Championship - WTF? Typical WWE, why should they push a guy like Rusev when they can kill the crowd for a couple of minutes with a victory by Jinder.

Angle & Rousey vs Triple H & Steph - I liked the Tag Team Match. It was Old School Booking at its finest, with cheap shots behind the Referee's back, until Kurt finally tagged in Ronda. What a huge pop that was and to my surprise, Rousey did an excellent job in the ring. All four had their moment to shine, so yeah, definitely thumps up.

Smackdown Tag Team Championship - short and boring. At least The Bludgeon Brothers won.

John Cena vs The Undetaker - be careful what you wish for, because you might get it. Cena got his ass handed to him. Thank you Taker.

Shane & Daniel Bryan vs Owens & Zayn - again very classical booking where Shane got isolated at first, while the fans waited for Bryan to return and beat the living hell out of "Kami". Daniel is such a joy to watch in the ring. Simply amazing.

Raw Women's Championship - Alexa dominated the whole match and did everything she could to put Nia over in the end.

WWE Championship - so, Asuka and Shinsuke win the Royal Rumble Match only to lose at WrestleMania?! Doesn't make much sense. The heel turn was pretty cool though and maybe the rematch between Nakamura and Styles will be better than this one.

Raw Tag Team Championship - to quote Corey Graves: "This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen…" RIP Tag Team Division.

WWE Universal Championship - hard fought match that no one really cared about and then they trolled everyone one more time during the show, because Lesnar even kept the title. Just stupid.

My Highs were NXT Takeover (now that was an enjoyable PPV with satisfying booking decisions), Ronda/Angle vs Steph/Triple H, Daniel Bryan's return and the Asuka/Charlotte match. Not much left from the hype. WWE successfully ruined one of the best WrestleMania Cards in years.

• Like 2

Wow, 2 pages covered up about one (kinda disappointing) PPV. TakeOver New Orleans was better. Gonna keep it short since most of you read my mind. 

IC Championship - Probably the reason why they didn't bring the Demon is to ensure Finn Bálor doesn't suffer a loss. I'm still happy Seth Rollins is the 11th Grand Slam Champion now. Miz will come back for another reign and finish it all to become longest reigning IC champ. 

US Championship - I just heard Rusev recently asked for his release and I thought that was the reason he was added to the match. Jinder won, not mad or anything like that. Too bad they had the other two lay on the ground and wait until the bell rang.

RAW Women's Championship - Glad Nia Jax won. Finally. Alexa had it all, it was a great match. 

SD Women's Championship - Streak is over, New Orleans is cursed. There goes the first ever Women's Royal Rumble winner. Great match, but streaks are meant to be broken for real. Just like secrets are meant to be exposed or revealed. 

SD Tag Team Championship - The Bludgeons are champs, yes! Great match as well. 

RAW Tag Team Championship - I don't think this "Nicholas" kid will be allowed to be fighting for WWE like c'mon, are you serious? The Bar will probably split. Too bad Braun was put into this match. Why didn't they at least have Big Cass to be Braun's partner?

Shane/Daniel vs KO/Zayn - Good match for a return of Daniel Bryan since his last match in 2015 and now I'm wondering if he'll still be the GM of SmackDown now that he's cleared. 

Ronda/Kurt vs HHH/McMahon - Best tag team match together with the SD Tag Team. Ronda is actually good, not bad for a first timer. Stephanie was also good especially with the right hand slap signature move. Triple H's 12th if not 13th WM loss. 

Taker vs Cena - Too bad Cena lost very quickly. Hoping they can have one more match at WrestleMania 35 at New York MetLife stadium which will be much better but I doubt that will happen. 

WWE Championship - I really thought AJ Styles would lose and move on to RAW but now they have turned Nakamura heel. Reason behind this could be that KO/Zayn are gone to RAW. There'll obviously be a rematch at BackLash. 

Universal Championship - I'm probably the minority here but I wish Roman had won. That's what the Universe gets for always opening their mouths for shouting out "Roman will win" and shove it to Vince's face when he's the boss at the end of the day. Brock is a beast and I respect that. He might relinquish his title tonight but I guess we'll just see. Everyone complains that Roman is main eventing WrestleMania for the 4th time in a row, but we have SummerSlam which can be better than WrestleMania sometimes and Brock main evented SummerSlam also 4 times in a row. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Universal Championship - I'm probably the minority here but I wish Roman had won. That's what the Universe gets for always opening their mouths for shouting out "Roman will win" and shove it to Vince's face when he's the boss at the end of the day. Brock is a beast and I respect that. He might relinquish his title tonight but I guess we'll just see. Everyone complains that Roman is main eventing WrestleMania for the 4th time in a row, but we have SummerSlam which can be better than WrestleMania sometimes and Brock main evented SummerSlam also 4 times in a row. 

Summerslam is my favourite show of the year as far as I'm concerned, it's more about the wrestling fans and less about the casuals that can't enjoy more technical matches like Nakamura vs Styles (I'm not saying the match was awesome but it was good, yet everyone is complaining about it online ...) but I'm still surprised by the fact that Brock main evented it 4 years in a row. Maybe that's because they made the match a Fatal-4-Way last year rather than a single match as opposed to Roman having 4 singles match main eventing the "biggest show of the year" which can't be ignored  since every fan in the world want their favourite superstar to ME Wrestlemania.

There is also the fact that being in the ME of Wrestlemania is a privilege and it almost automatically means that the company has faith in you and that's the main problem here, WWE is always focusing on Roman, they gave him everything but they didn't try to create more stars which is why they have to bring part-timers to keep the product interesting for casuals.

Since we are talking main events, what is everyone "dream" main event for Wrestlemania 35 ?

Mine would be AJ Styles vs Randy Orton or AJ Styles vs Seth Rollins, both for one of the main championships. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Summerslam is my favourite show of the year as far as I'm concerned, it's more about the wrestling fans and less about the casuals that can't enjoy more technical matches like Nakamura vs Styles (I'm not saying the match was awesome but it was good, yet everyone is complaining about it online ...) but I'm still surprised by the fact that Brock main evented it 4 years in a row. Maybe that's because they made the match a Fatal-4-Way last year rather than a single match as opposed to Roman having 4 singles match main eventing the "biggest show of the year" which can't be ignored  since every fan in the world want their favourite superstar to ME Wrestlemania.

There is also the fact that being in the ME of Wrestlemania is a privilege and it almost automatically means that the company has faith in you and that's the main problem here, WWE is always focusing on Roman, they gave him everything but they didn't try to create more stars which is why they have to bring part-timers to keep the product interesting for casuals.

Since we are talking main events, what is everyone "dream" main event for Wrestlemania 35 ?

Mine would be AJ Styles vs Randy Orton or AJ Styles vs Seth Rollins, both for one of the main championships. 

Okay I was just pissed at the moment, now I understand the the fact that they are focusing on Roman Reigns. I do know the importance of being in the ME so I think 4 MEs in a row is enough. I get it all now. I'm finally enlightened. Sometimes I would like to rewrite matches but their endings and "what abouts" wouldn't turn out good. Just like last year, the WrestleMania 33 ME was Undertaker vs Roman Reigns. I wish it was Undertaker vs Cena because the whole Cena / Nikki proposal was bad IMO. Roman Reigns should've faced Braun Strowman to continue their feud which led Braun to be pinned at Fastlane 2017 (Fun fact, Roman is undefeated at Fastlane). 

If all those Bobby Lashley vs Brock Lesnar rumors at SummerSlam are true, then Brock will main event SummerSlam for the 5th time in a row, which is a crazy record. 

Dream WrestleMania 35 Main Event would be (It won't happen. It's enough of Roman Reigns. This is probably a Survivor Series type of match)

Finn Bálor vs Roman Reigns - the two are both 1-1 in their matches and I wanna see them one on one again. 

AJ Styles vs Seth Rollins - just like you, I wanna see this as well

Aleister Black vs AJ Styles

Just outta my mind... Some people are saying John Cena and Undertaker will have one more match but I doubt that will happen. The guy is too old for long matches. He should probably be inducted into the Hall of Fame 2019

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ee28max said:

Huge difference between headlining SS and headlining WM.  When you main event Wrestlemania, that's Vince saying "you're the top guy".  Problem is, Roman has been rejected as the top guy by the fans time and time again, but Vince still pushes him down our throat and expects everyone to change their mind.  Most people don't work that way, when someone has an opinion the worst thing you can do is badger them about how wrong they are and try to force yours on them, almost everyone will just get more entrenched in their original thought and shut your efforts down even harder.  For 4 years now Vince has been doing that and as a result the Roman hate is higher than ever (except for when he won the rumble instead of Daniel Bryan).  

I was expecting a Roman win but am actually glad he didn't.  Not because Brock is still champ, he sucks too, but because it (ever so slightly) opens the door for an "anyone but Roman" type of moment tonight.  The post-WM Raw is a show for two things, re-matches and re-turns.  Vince seems to be in a swerving type of mood right now so maybe, juuuuuuust maybe, we'll get a surprise return and title win from Joe.  My gut still says re-match between the overstuffed sausage and the one move wonder (take your pick on who's who, they're both correct) and Roman walks away champ but at least right now, you never know.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Huge difference between headlining SS and headlining WM.  When you main event Wrestlemania, that's Vince saying "you're the top guy".  Problem is, Roman has been rejected as the top guy by the fans time and time again, but Vince still pushes him down our throat and expects everyone to change their mind.  Most people don't work that way, when someone has an opinion the worst thing you can do is badger them about how wrong they are and try to force yours on them, almost everyone will just get more entrenched in their original thought and shut your efforts down even harder.  For 4 years now Vince has been doing that and as a result the Roman hate is higher than ever (except for when he won the rumble instead of Daniel Bryan).  

I was expecting a Roman win but am actually glad he didn't.  Not because Brock is still champ, he sucks too, but because it (ever so slightly) opens the door for an "anyone but Roman" type of moment tonight.  The post-WM Raw is a show for two things, re-matches and re-turns.  Vince seems to be in a swerving type of mood right now so maybe, juuuuuuust maybe, we'll get a surprise return and title win from Joe.  My gut still says re-match between the overstuffed sausage and the one move wonder (take your pick on who's who, they're both correct) and Roman walks away champ but at least right now, you never know.

Alright, it's all clear now. Thanks ?

56 minutes ago, ee28max said:

If all those Bobby Lashley vs Brock Lesnar rumors at SummerSlam are true, then Brock will main event SummerSlam for the 5th time in a row, which is a crazy record. 

Dream WrestleMania 35 Main Event would be (It won't happen. It's enough of Roman Reigns. This is probably a Survivor Series type of match)

Finn Bálor vs Roman Reigns - the two are both 1-1 in their matches and I wanna see them one on one again. 

AJ Styles vs Seth Rollins - just like you, I wanna see this as well

Aleister Black vs AJ Styles

Just outta my mind... Some people are saying John Cena and Undertaker will have one more match but I doubt that will happen. The guy is too old for long matches. He should probably be inducted into the Hall of Fame 2019

I hope this isn't true personally, I have never seen this guy in WWE and even if he signed a full time contract I think you need to earn the spot on the card, especially for one of the main championship. There is also the fact that I can't stand Lesnar and I hope he just relinquishes the title tonight so we can have a fresh start with this universal championship. Give us a tournament for the two number one contender spot with suprise entrants from NXT and I'll be more than happy but not a guy that was never important in WWE.

And the AJ Styles vs Aleister Black match is something I'd love to see but WM35 seems impossible for this unless he debuts quickly on the main roster, maybe WM36 who knows :P (By the time, maybe Vince will quit and focus on his XFL and let HHH run RAW, this way NXT stars will finally have a chance to shine.)

And I agree I don't think they are going to have another match, to me it seemed like "you asked for Taker, here he is giving you all of his signature moves in a row, now let him rest in peace" but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Joe vs ko for wwe title & finn vs styles vs nakamura vs rollins vs miz for universal in a scramble match (was playing wwe vs sd on ps3 and now i'm longing for a scramble match).

Wrestlemania 34 feelings

1) Cruiserweight Title: It was fine [Thumbs Up]

2) Men’s battle royal: I'm cool with Matt winning (he'll probably commune with statue of the giant of andres). Officially makes Dolph pointless right now. [overall, Thumbs down]

3) Women’s battle royal: somewhat disappointed. Seriously, MITB these things already. Give the winner a title shot or something. [overall, Thumbs down]

4) Kev & Sami vs Shane and Bryan: it was ok (I couldn't get into into) [neutral]

5) Angle-Rousey vs HHH-Step: Far, far better than I expected. Great match. [Thumbs Up]

6) SD tag title match: Went as expected-- loved it. [Thumbs Up]

7) Raw Tag Team Match. So Raw Tag Team division is dead and buried now, right? [overall, Thumbs down]

8) US Title Fatal 4-way: Having Rusev lose at Rusevmania on Rusev Day. Criminal. Enjoyed the RKO fest. A little disappointed Jinder won (probably because they're going to Saudi Arabia). [Thumbs Up, barely]

9) IC Title: This, WWE! Do This!! You don't go wrong doing this!!! [Thumbs Way Up]

10) Raw women's title. It was fine  [Thumbs Up, barely --- still want my beautiful monster back...]

11) SD women's title. Definite Thumbs Up to the match. The ending fell flat (a tap out to a broken figure-8? Really?)

12) Taker/Cena (Cena/Elias): Well done & well played! Taker dominating was great. If Taker chooses to retire or go on, it works out great. [Thumbs up]

13) WWE title: Thumbs Up to the match. Not estatic about the heel turn, but I can get behind it.

14) Universal title: Did we have a lotto winner: ithink it was 6 F5s, 8 germans, 4 SM Punches, 4 spears. [Thumbs Down, repeat at Greatest Royal Rumble]

Funniest quote of the night:

Michael Cole: "Lesnar has been undefeated since SummerSlam 2016..."

I found it sadly hilarious.