The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

4 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I hope this isn't true personally, I have never seen this guy in WWE and even if he signed a full time contract I think you need to earn the spot on the card, especially for one of the main championship. There is also the fact that I can't stand Lesnar and I hope he just relinquishes the title tonight so we can have a fresh start with this universal championship. Give us a tournament for the two number one contender spot with suprise entrants from NXT and I'll be more than happy but not a guy that was never important in WWE.

And the AJ Styles vs Aleister Black match is something I'd love to see but WM35 seems impossible for this unless he debuts quickly on the main roster, maybe WM36 who knows :P (By the time, maybe Vince will quit and focus on his XFL and let HHH run RAW, this way NXT stars will finally have a chance to shine.)

And I agree I don't think they are going to have another match, to me it seemed like "you asked for Taker, here he is giving you all of his signature moves in a row, now let him rest in peace" but I could be wrong.

Forgot to say that for a long time I was only confused how Roman Reigns was immediately booed from outta nowhere. I did notice the main events of WrestleMania he was in from WM 31 - 34 and I think he was only supposed to appear in the main events of WM 31 and 34 in which his opponent in both MEs are Brock Lesnar (although the build up for Triple H and Roman Reigns was good in 2016), especially that Undetaker match at WM 33 was very pointless. I know it's very impossible to rewrite history so I'm just gonna leave the way things are currently. So glad I was enlightened by you guys. 

I also hope those rumors aren't true. Brock should hopefully reliquish the Universal Championship to have a great start and I guess we've had enough of Brock Lesnar. Undefeated in 2017 was really crazy. Post WrestleMania RAW shows are always good with returns and surprises, so I'm pumped up for tonight's RAW. Can't wait for Vince McMahon to go the XFL and I'm still shocked that he's old but really strong and isn't retiring to stay at home or anything that other old grannies do. Triple H to be in charge and by looking at the TakeOver New Orleans matches (especially the NXT North American 6-man ladder matxh), the upcoming stars from NXT to the main roster are gonna be so awesome. Hopefully bookers and writers will change too. 

15 minutes ago, MySenkai said:

Funniest quote of the night:

Michael Cole: "Lesnar has been undefeated since SummerSlam 2016..."

I found it sadly hilarious.

So they are trying to remove the fact that Brock Lesnar lost to Goldberg in about 126 seconds at Survivor Series 2016? Then that would be the biggest waste of time bringing back Goldberg to WWE!

• Like 2

Yeah it's official, the rematch in a steel cage match I'm so hyped ... Last night's "this is awful" chant wasn't enough apparently. If they knew they were going to have a rematch why did they even had to be the main event at WM ? 

No reason for me to watch RAW tonight then. Can't we just go forward with the mess that is the universal championship ? I swear this title is cursed, only 4 guys won it, the first one kept it for the awesome number of one day, the second got squashed agaisnt a part timer and then the same part timer got squashed at wrestlemania against another part timer ?

Concerning the match, I could see Roman winning because for whatever reason he is cheered in these countries so WWE could make it look like he is the hero everyone was waiting for.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 1

"So they are trying to remove the fact that Brock Lesnar lost to Goldberg in about 126 seconds at Survivor Series 2016? Then that would be the biggest waste of time bringing back Goldberg to WWE!"

Don't forget Royal Rumble... Lost there too.

And sad because any wrestler, well heck, any of us regulars can probably go undefeated wrestling like 8 popcorn matches a year.

Man I miss the 30 day rule...

Edited by MySenkai
Reply to wrong quote

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Yeah it's official, the rematch in a steel cage match I'm so hyped ... Last night's "this is awful" chant wasn't enough apparently. If they knew they were going to have a rematch why did they even had to be the main event at WM ? 

Vince's hearing was acting up. He thought they were chanting "This is awful-ly great!". And the cage match will be great. One more chance at the lottery (I'm calling 7 F5s and 8 SM punches right now)

Concerning the match I changed my opinion, I could see Roman winning because for whatever reason he is cheered in these countries so WWE could make it look like he is the hero everyone was waiting for.

So he's gonna pull a 96-97 Bret Hart? I just assumed WWE was trying to teaching me how to say "this is awful" is every language so I'd be more cultural.

Apparently Roman lost at Wrestlemania because Vince thought it would be a good way to show that Roman is earning his spot. Yeah sure, everyone is going to believe that old man, he is earning the right to kick out of 5 F5 but a superstar like Braun Strowman that is working hard to have a spot in the main event earned the right to lose after the first F5.

Vince also earned the "this is awful" chants and he will deserve to ear them until he understands that what he is trying to do sucks because he is out of touch or until he dies/retires.

22 minutes ago, MySenkai said:

Vince's hearing was acting up. He thought they were chanting "This is awful-ly great!". And the cage match will be great. One more chance at the lottery (I'm calling 7 F5s and 8 SM punches right now)

So he's gonna pull a 96-97 Bret Hart? I just assumed WWE was trying to teaching me how to say "this is awful" is every language so I'd be more cultural.

Yeah sure the match will be awesome, we are going to witness the finisher festival inside a steel cage ! Might change my opinion between now and the show but I'm predicting 8 F5, 7 suplex, 6 spear and 5 Super man punch.

Listing out my highs and lows (feel free to ask me on any of these)

Highs are:

- Kurt Angle & Ronda Rowsey vs HHH and Stephanies Mcmahon

- AJ styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura

- Danial Bryan & Shane Mcmahon vs Kevins Owens & Sami Zayn

- Cruiserweight Championship 

- Andre Battle Royal

- Asuka vs Charlotte

Lows are:

- Women's battle royal

- SD tag team championship

- US Championship

- WWE Universal Championship

Honestly, I'm not sure of the RAW tag team championship is a high or a low. It could be right in the middle.  I wouldn't mind if the kid was like a means for 'Make a wish foundation' or like how Jarrius Robertson was in the hall of fame. Probably would mean the world to them. Heck if  your favorite wrestler picked you when you were ten years old, you would be beside myself. But the fact it was a ten year old (Nicholas), people might have been disappointed. Don't get me wrong, he did get a pop from the crowd. But people were guessing wrestlers like Big show or Big Cass that would be the perfect partner. Can't hate the kid, but kinda wish it was the wrestler.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

I think Woken Matt Hardy and Woken Wyatt might be one heck of an entertaining team in the future.

Dont want to jinx anything, but i just have a gut feeling about it. Here's hoping things turn out "WONDERFUL"

In Matt's words: ?????

• Like 1

Definitely a good Raw. A lot of superstar returns. Not sure how SD is going to top that. Maybe Adam Cole? Roddy Strong? or a special appearence from Aleister black? If they want to top Raw, they need to do some great things. Also, good crowd tonight

So how about everyone? Highs? Lows?

The only Low I had was Jose. I felt like his match was way too short.

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Whoops, When I mentioned the others earlier I forgot about him ... which I'm sure will also be the description of his main roster career someday.

Highs:

-Bobby Lashley returning.

-Joe's promo (take note Roman, that's how being a badass is done).

-Ember Moon, and more importantly, her finisher being on the main roster.

-Woken Matt and Bray.

-AOP being added to the tag division.  They could easily be Raw's B. Brothers, and hopefully they won't almost kill anyone again.

Lows:

-The ending.  The end of a big show like the post WM Raw is supposed to be the highlight of the night right?  Instead they did a 6-man tag that accomplished absolutely nothing.

-No Way Jose.  He'll flounder and get lost in the shuffle... at best.

-Finn's new rainbow gear and the whole "everyone is accepted into the Balor club" initiative.  I'm not a homophobe or anything, I just don't need preaching in my wrestling.  I get enough of it literally everywhere else.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm glad Strowman and the kid relinquished the titles, it was a bullshit.

Regarding the Shake Up, I hope Jeff Hardy will be traded to SmackDown and have a solo run. Also, don't forget about Big Cass, who knows... And I want to see where Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn will go.

I say nothing else, I look forward for the Shake Up!

Speaking of No way Jose, I am a little afraid for him. I noticed a trend in past few years, People who party/dance seem to bring themselves into a lot of trouble and as a result, gets released. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I'll just mention a few examples:

Adam Rose - Party animal - Ends up in a domestic violence

Rich Swann - Dancing wrestler - Puts wife in a headlock and kidnaps her against her will

Enzo Amore - Dances - (Alledgedly) sexually assaulted a woman

The only exception I could think of at the time is Tons of Funk and Scotty 2 Hotty. I'm hoping No Way Jose is different. Even if he only has a brief run on the main roster, He can definitely a memorable match. If not, I just imagine a huge conga line to the court room and then to Jail.

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Definitely a good Raw. A lot of superstar returns. Not sure how SD is going to top that. Maybe Adam Cole? Roddy Strong? or a special appearence from Aleister black? If they want to top Raw, they need to do some great things. Also, good crowd tonight

So how about everyone? Highs? Lows?

As much as I'd love to see Adam Cole or The Undisputed Era on Smackdown, he just became the North American Champion. I guess we will have to wait until next year for their main roster debut. Andrade Cien Almas with Zelina could be called up. Peyton Royce would be awesome as well. Plus the hottest Indy team out there - "El Generico and El Steenico" !

Raw Highs:

- Samoa Joe - that felt more like a burial than a simple promo, but probably wasn't meant that way.

- Bobby Lashley - impressive return so far

- Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt - absolutely delightful to watch. I will miss the Hardy Boyz though

Lows:

- the end of Paul Ellering - I think he doesn't want to travel much anymore, but it's still a shame that he's no longer Akam's & Rezar's manager

- No Way Jose - never liked him on NXT either

- The Miz getting pinned again - with jobbers like Bo and Curtis at his side, one of them should be the weakest link instead of the A-Lister

• Like 1

Samoa Joe looked like he roasted Roman Reigns. Great return by him. Looking forward to their match at Backlash. Will Roman Reigns face Samoa Joe for the Universal Championship if he wins at the Greatest Royal Rumble event? 

So glad Braun Strowman vacated the RAW Tag Team Championships. Didn't fit him well, but on the bright side, he already has one title down, three more for Grand Slam. Can't wait for Revival vs Woken Matt and Bray next week. Winner to face The Bar for the vacant titles at Greatest Royal Rumble. Great debut for AOP but too bad Paul Ellering isn't their manager anymore. 

Also great debut for Ember Moon, looks like Nia Jax was watching a movie but I really wanted her to go SmackDown. @itachi-destroyer another dream match for me would be Charlotte Flair vs Ember Moon). 

Good return for Bobby Lashley but I hope Brock's new sign deal isn't that much of big deal and it shouldn't be Brock staying for another 10 years or something. 

Excited for the shake up but I hope it's great but we'll probably see the IC title go to SmackDown and US on RAW. 

• Like 3

Good RAW overall, only one thing was truely awesome as far as I'm concerned but nothing was bad for once so that's great.

Everything was already said so I'm not going to repeat others said but my favourite moment of the night was Samoa Joe's promo, I almost felt bad for Roman. Samoa Joe's promo hurted Roman even more than John Cena's promo a few months ago and I'm almost starting to feel like "the Roman experiment" is finally over, but we'll see.

One thing I particularly didn't like about this RAW was The Authors Of Pain dropping Paul Ellering instantly, he was adding something special to this tag team in NXT and the fact that they dropped him on their first night is stupid because those that don't watch NXT just won't care and those that watch NXT are going to wonder why they are doing this. If he didn't want to work each and every week (which is understandable, he is an old man after all) they should have just started without him or he should have done a promo saying something like "you're ready for the main roster guys, make me proud", that's the least they could have done to not make it look stupid.

5 hours ago, ee28max said:

Also great debut for Ember Moon, looks like Nia Jax was watching a movie but I really wanted her to go SmackDown. @itachi-destroyer another dream match for me would be Charlotte Flair vs Ember Moon). 

Both are good and the match should be good if it happens one day but for now Ember is on RAW so you'll have to wait :P One match I'd like to see in the women division is Asuka (I'm not giving up on her !) and Becky Lynch because they are both awesome wrestlers and they are my favourite female talent to watch in the ring. 

I'm really excited about smackdown tonight, the main thing I want to see is how much more agressive Shinsuke is going to be now that he is a heel (plus being a heel will do him a favour since he will probably talk less). Also looking forward to the new members of smackdown tonight. I predict that we will see Sanity, Andrade Cien Almas w/ Zelina Vega (it's not impossible for him to do both NXT and the main roster until he face Drew McIntyre) and maybe Kassius Ohno but that's all since the show is only two hour long and they are probably going to keep some surprises for the Shake-up (give me the Iconic Duo already !).

• Like 1

JheLAKK.jpg

I know it was an accident, but why did Sasha Banks have to do this lol. Now I realise how it would feel to lose The Undertaker because of The Big Dog. 

Though I have to ask, was Daniel Bryan's injuries mostly caused by Kane or something else? I don't think something else jumped in after those crazy tombstones on the annouce table and steel steps. I know that was 2014 and Daniel Bryan wrestled in 2015, but what mainly happened so he could retire? I don't think I remember very well. 

I'm excited for SmackDown tonight as well. Andrade "Cien" Almas w/Zelina Vega would be my favorite if they debut. SAnitY and hopefully Iconic Duo as well. 

Good RAW overall, only one thing was truely awesome as far as I'm concerned but nothing was bad for once so that's great.

Everything was already said so I'm not going to repeat others said but my favourite moment of the night was Samoa Joe's promo, I almost felt bad for Roman. Samoa Joe's promo hurted Roman even more than John Cena's promo a few months ago and I'm almost starting to feel like "the Roman experiment" is finally over, but we'll see.

One thing I particularly didn't like about this RAW was The Authors Of Pain dropping Paul Ellering instantly, he was adding something special to this tag team in NXT and the fact that they dropped him on their first night is stupid because those that don't watch NXT just won't care and those that watch NXT are going to wonder why they are doing this. If he didn't want to work each and every week (which is understandable, he is an old man after all) they should have just started without him or he should have done a promo saying something like "you're ready for the main roster guys, make me proud", that's the least they could have done to not make it look stupid.

Very true, you could see Roman was really mad and I also nearly felt bad especially after that brutal match and having a little blood rain. I advise him to use a chain (is the match a steel cage at Greatest Royal Rumble?) just like Cena did at Extreme Rules 2012 to take the Beast down if he really wants to. Otherwise, you'll just be conquered again. 

I also agree with the AOP / Paul Ellering segment. I understand he is an old man and he was a wrestler and also managed for the first War Games match, but he should've been more of mentor or something like that and shouldn't have appeared on RAW (or at least made his last appearance). I think they did this because they don't want him to travel a lot. I find it funny how Vince McMahon is older but still very active. The McMahon family bloodline is invincible. Just look at Shane's recent hospitalisation and that exploding limousine because of DX. Those days were so good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

Though I have to ask, was Daniel Bryan's injuries mostly caused by Kane or something else? I don't think something else jumped in after those crazy tombstones on the annouce table and steel steps. I know that was 2014 and Daniel Bryan wrestled in 2015, but what mainly happened so he could retire? I don't think I remember very well. 

If I remember correctly Daniel Bryan had a lot of bad spots in his career especially when he used to do a lot of suicide dive (guess the name is fitting since it can lead to a career suicide. On top of that this move is seen every week and it's not impressive anymore, so why would anyone risk that move ?) One spot that I remember being particularly bad was when he faced Randy Orton on a RAW or a Smackdown episode, they when for a spot where Randy had to avoid the move but Bryan went too far and his neck crashed into the barricade. The injury was so bad that the match was stopped immediately and I remember hearing that Bryan was mad at HHH and WWE Officials for stopping the match. That's not the only reason for his retirement obviously but it certainly didn't help.

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

Very true, you could see Roman was really mad and I also nearly felt bad especially after that brutal match and having a little blood rain. I advise him to use a chain (is the match a steel cage at Greatest Royal Rumble?) just like Cena did at Extreme Rules 2012 to take the Beast down if he really wants to. Otherwise, you'll just be conquered again. 

He seemed really sad when he came to the ring he was like "please stop booing me, I'm only a cow in the WWE machine" lol :P  I don't know if he could handle being a heel since even kids and woman would boo him.

Yeah the match is a steel cage match and I remember that match with Cena but back then Brock used to give use good matches so I was pretty mad when John Cena won... But there is also the fact that at the time, Brock wasn't the "conqueror" of The Undertaker's wrestlemania streak so it wasn't as impossible to defeat him, I'm sure he would not be defeated by just a punch with a chain nowadays.

• Like 1

Paige SD General manager?

I

I

I don't know what to think ?

4 hours ago, ee28max said:

JheLAKK.jpg

I know it was an accident, but why did Sasha Banks have to do this lol. Now I realise how it would feel to lose The Undertaker because of The Big Dog. 

So, maybe Sasha teased it?

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Speaking of No way Jose, I am a little afraid for him. I noticed a trend in past few years, People who party/dance seem to bring themselves into a lot of trouble and as a result, gets released. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I'll just mention a few examples:

Adam Rose - Party animal - Ends up in a domestic violence

Rich Swann - Dancing wrestler - Puts wife in a headlock and kidnaps her against her will

Enzo Amore - Dances - (Alledgedly) sexually assaulted a woman

The only exception I could think of at the time is Tons of Funk and Scotty 2 Hotty. I'm hoping No Way Jose is different. Even if he only has a brief run on the main roster, He can definitely a memorable match. If not, I just imagine a huge conga line to the court room and then to Jail.

I think you need to roll a fatty for this pimp daddy and come aboard the HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO train

tumblr_p2u2ngwGrb1srbyoyo1_500.gif

Although his character was demeaning to women I guess.

• Like 1