The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So what are we predicting for Summerslam

A) Brock destroys Roman ala John Cena with 16 suplexes

B ) Roman wins but Bruan Cashes in like a coward and Roman is once again screwed by the authority and has to chase Braun

C ) Roman wins but Braun cases in and then Roman beats him as well to help Roman get over.

So many shitty decisions to choose from :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

So what are we predicting for Summerslam

A) Brock destroys Roman ala John Cena with 16 suplexes

B ) Roman wins but Bruan Cashes in like a coward and Roman is once again screwed by the authority and has to chase Braun

C ) Roman wins but Braun cases in and then Roman beats him as well to help Roman get over.

So many shitty decisions to choose from :)

I think option D is the best :

Braun Strowman destroys both Roman and Lesnar before the match even begins and cashes in his MITB contract on Lesnar to win the Universal Championship. The match between Brock and Roman is cancelled because they don't have anything to fight for anymore, this way, the crowd can finally go home happy for once :P 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I think option D is the best :

Braun Strowman destroys both Roman and Lesnar before the match even begins and cashes in his MITB contract on Lesnar to win the Universal Championship. The match between Brock and Roman is cancelled because they don't have anything to fight for anymore/the match stipulation is changed for a Career vs Career match and they pin eachother at the same time so the crowd can finally go home happy for once :P 

:P

• Like 1

Originally I think it would've been a triple threat if Brock Lesnar had returned to beat up both Bobby Lashley and Roman Reigns during their #1 Contender bout. Now RAW will be quite boring next week when Brock Lesnar returns and jump up and down as always (not at least even say "Suplex City, bitch!" on the mic) as the "adfakate" talks and gives a long speech, until Roman Reigns' theme song hits and Michael Cole's infamous "THE BIG DOG!" quote strikes. See another numerous Superman Punches and a comeback F5 from outta nowhere. If Vince McMahon wants to make this build up much better, at the very least try to make it a little bit more like the Roman Reigns/The Undertaker feud last year, where we heard the gong during the matches, etc. Just please, no more suspensions, cops getting beaten up for nothing, etc. If they go on that route for playing tug of war with the red title, make them tear it apart in half and have them share it. ? 

SmackDown was awesome. Even though James Ellsworthless was fired, he can still interfere at SummerSlam, so don't get your hopes too high. I'm happy that Becky Lynch is finally on the title picture. This can however start a feud with Asuka if she also gets involved. Samoa Joe as AJ Styles' opponent was frankly predictable, but I was expecting a good surprise, like Rey Mysterio. I mean, he's even being featured in WWE 2K19 (or what AJ Styles likes to say "2K Nah-teen!"). The Tag Team division on SD is finally awake after The Bar returned. Hopefully they don't cause upsets. The whole Rusev thing is interesting me. The Miz was really smart with the fake Monroe Sky. Looks like SummerSlam will be a great PPV. 

I saw Tyson Kidd after The New Day took over the interview. Is he actually retired? 

• Like 1

He produced the Ziggler/Rollins Iron Match among others lately.

I need to catch up on the G1, Melzter's given 3 x 5* ratings already including back to backs for Kenny Omega and Goto, Block B seems to be the one to watch.

Edited by rikwebb
  • Like 1

So Nikolai Volkoff passed away today and it is being reported that Grand Master Sexay is in hospital and either Is or Will be deceased soon. 

I never watched Volkoff but Too Cool was always one of my favourite acts growing up. It is also a shame that these guys didn't go further...I mean they were probably the most successful dancing act of all time but Rikishi really could have been a bigger player (no pun intended) and Brian Christopher had legit skill...like at least a IC title run.

Look Vince, you can make Brock do any and all of the shittiest things possible (having him turn on Heyman is a pretty desperate tactic by the way), we're still not going to cheer for Roman.  It.  Ain't.  Happenin'.  The only non-women/children cheers he's ever going to get are the backhanded ones received because of the relief we don't have to tolerate the "Brock Lesnar show" anymore, and no, they won't last.

5 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Look Vince, you can make Brock do any and all of the shittiest things possible (having him turn on Heyman is a pretty desperate tactic by the way), we're still not going to cheer for Roman.  It.  Ain't.  Happenin'.  The only non-women/children cheers he's ever going to get are the backhanded ones received because of the relief we don't have to tolerate the "Brock Lesnar show" anymore, and no, they won't last.

That is what is funny about the whole Brock vs Roman thing.

They are doing everything they can to make you hate Brock...so now all we get is people feeling lukewarm about Brock and still hating Roman. 

So good job killing both characters :)

Oh well, at least Brock is catching up on his reading

DjZRfcjUcAAxBXF.jpg

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

Stupid crowd of Miami getting brainwashed by this pathetic attempt from the out of touch chairman of WWE.

Yeah they are cheering for Roman Reigns but they are not cheering because they like him, they are cheering because they despise Lesnar. When Reigns faces another wrestler this is going to be another story and he is going to get booed again so what's the point of this stupid booking ?

Are they going to make Roman Paul Heyman's client ? That would make up for his atrocious mic-skill (making him say "bitch" every times he tries to make a point just makes him looks like an unaducated idiot) but it isn't going to make him a better performer. WWE can do everything to their fans anyway since most of them doesn't seem to realize that the true assh*le that doesn't care about the WWE Universe isn't Lesnar, it's Vince McMahon. The only reason why Brock isn't showing up is because Vince doesn't want him to show up.

And the worst thing is that I loved what they did with Lesnar, a truly despicable heel. Too bad it is just for one night because RAW could only dream of a heel of this caliber.

Sometimes I just feel like an alien when I think about the fact that RAW, keeps making the same matches and storylines over and over again (Rollins vs Drew, Rollins vs Ziggler, Reigns vs Lesnar, Owens vs Strowman, Balor vs Corbin) and even with all this crap they are making more views than Smackdown where the bookers and performers are busting their ass each and every week to give us a good show. And I'm not even going to talk about NXT that is miles away from the main roster when it comes to the feuds or the in ring entertainment.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

SmackDown was amazing tonight, maybe even better than usual. The segment between Bryan and Miz was amazing, and the way Cesaro and Seamus won against The Usos was amazing as well.

But, am I wrong, or was Samoa Joe reading what to say, during his Promo?

On July 31, 2018 at 8:40 AM, itachi-destroyer said:

Are they going to make Roman Paul Heyman's client ? That would make up for his atrocious mic-skill (making him say "bitch" every times he tries to make a point just makes him looks like an unaducated idiot) but it isn't going to make him a better performer. WWE can do everything to their fans anyway since most of them doesn't seem to realize that the true assh*le that doesn't care about the WWE Universe isn't Lesnar, it's Vince McMahon. The only reason why Brock isn't showing up is because Vince doesn't want him to show up.

Sometimes I just feel like an alien when I think about the fact that RAW, keeps making the same matches and storylines over and over again (Rollins vs Drew, Rollins vs Ziggler, Reigns vs Lesnar, Owens vs Strowman, Balor vs Corbin) and even with all this crap they are making more views than Smackdown where the bookers and performers are busting their ass each and every week to give us a good show. And I'm not even going to talk about NXT that is miles away from the main roster when it comes to the feuds or the in ring entertainment.

Honestly, I highly doubt it. There are rumors that he is going to be added to the creative team ( which would be better for him in my opinion).

While Heyman is a phenomenal talker and can deliver awesome promos, I don't think it will work well when paired with Roman (currently). To me, it can only work if Roman was heel and with the whole "The Guy" gimmick. That is unlikely because of Two problems:

1.) A Great Heel requires a Great Face (and vice versa) - If Heyman were to be placed besides Roman, he would just be booed, even as good of a talker he is. As you mentioned, Brock was a fantastic, dispicable Heel on Raw. It helped people boo him and generate heat. Samoa Joe is also a perfect Heel, aggressive taking down fan favorites and delivers great promos. Both Lesnar and Joe had feuded with Roman and both times they were cheered. Why? Because they both had personally and an identity. Roman has "The Guy/The Big Dog" and that's it. He wasn't a credible face to cheer for, because he never gave reason for us to cheer for him. Instead of Roman, Imagine if Bobby Roode or Chad Gable went to feud with Lesnar instead and picture the reactions fans would have for them as opposed to Roman.

2.) WWE doesn't know how to book Babyfaces - It is just that simple. Jason Jorden has been a victim of this, which is a shame considering how talented he is. Made as Kurt angle's son to get him over only to get booed. Most of the faces on their roster seem to have bland personalities and lack charmisa as opposed to the heel wrestlers they feud with.

Special footnote would be Vince as he is also the one who who is the center of the malice. I don't really care at this point as I wouldn't be adding anything to Vince that hasn't already been said about him. because at the end of the day, It's his company and he will do what he wants and push who he wants. If WWE is going to push him and make him the top guy, they WILL push him and make him the top guy regardless of public opinion. They have proven this in the past.

As for the matches, I agree. But they have done this to SD too. The Usos and The New Day were constantly fighting week after week last year. You could argue that Styles and Nakamura feud also feuded week after week, but that is because the quality of their matches improved after their wrestlemania match. For Rollins/ Ziggler&Mcintyre, Owens/Strowman...Creative doesn't know how to book them properly. It may be a scary thought for NXT call ups.

TL;DR - Heyman is more than likely join creative than to be paired with Roman. I agree with the repeat matches, but this is normal, as they done this in the past. Creative needs to step up its game. (Apologizes for the long post )

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

As for the matches, I agree. But they have done this to SD too. The Usos and The New Day were constantly fighting week after week last year. You could argue that Styles and Nakamura feud also feuded week after week, but that is because the quality of their matches improved after their wrestlemania match. For Rollins/ Ziggler&Mcintyre, Owens/Strowman...Creative doesn't know how to book them properly. It may be a scary thought for NXT call ups.

TL;DR - Heyman is more than likely join creative than to be paired with Roman. I agree with the repeat matches, but this is normal, as they done this in the past. Creative needs to step up its game. (Apologizes for the long post )

Yeah maybe I spoke too quickly since the eternal Usos vs New Day is constantly featured or teased on SD Live (thankfully The Bar won agaisnt The Usos...) but I don't know, even if some matches are done multiple times on Smackdown there is almost always a point behind the matches and rematches, on RAW one week wrestler A is going to defeat wrestler B, the other week the opposite is going to happen and you can basically repeat this until the end of the feud at a PPV.

For example, I don't even know why Corbin and Balor are fighting eachother whereas even a quickly built feud between Lana vs Zelina had a meaning in the end because it helped the whole "Rusev/Lana/Aiden" storyline.

But overall you resumed pretty well what I (and I believe many others) think of RAW :D 

• Like 2

The SummerSlam card is so far filled with repeat matches, but I believe it's normal as we've seen this before. 

RAW is always the same with matches like @itachi-destroyer said. We just saw another Sasha Banks/Bayley vs The Riot Squad (glad to see Ruby is back), where they lost this week, but won last week. The whole storyline of Sasha Banks and Bayley confused the hell out of me. I'm calling it - next week if Bobby Roose and Mojo Rowley have a rematch, Mojo will win. There goes "the bully and the man standing up for the roster" story.

Concerning Finn Balor and Baron Corbin I don't know why they're still fighting. Something dumb for being called "little". I think WWE is doing the same thing putting Finn Balor in random feuds like the one of Bray Wyatt last year from around SummerSlam to supposed TLC if it weren't for the mumps. I have no idea if they're gonna bring back The Demon just for that to make the PPV better. Not sure about rumors of the relationship between Vince McMahon and The Demon being strong. 

Charlotte Flair returning and added to the SD Women's Championship got fans crying so loudly. Tagging with her friend tonight and I wanna see if the two will feud at some point. Same thing goes for Bobby Lashley not being able to face Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam and apparently how WWE is not letting a black person hold the title. SmackDown always goes around with sense-making stories. I even wonder what's next for Aiden English/Rusev/Lana story. 

By the way, I'm back after a little while. Internet connection wasn't that good on our side for a few days. 

• Like 2

So I started watching Raw one and a half year ago and Smackdown a few weeks before the shake up (heard about the shake up and wanted to see some of them even if they changed show, so I started with Smackdown).

Since starting with SD, most of the time I liked it more than Raw. But maybe it will get better when Lesnar finally loses his title.

Here is what I'd like to see at SummerSlam:

At SummerSlam, Reigns and Lesnar fight and because of what happened to Heyman, he betrays Lesnar, distracts him and Reigns wins the title. They celebrate together and SummerSlam ends.

The next day on Raw Heyman and Reigns come out together. Heyman explains why he betrayed Lesnar but suddenly we hear Lesnars music. Reigns waits for him when suddenly he gets hit from behind with the money in the bank briefcase which belongs to Kevin Owens (because of course he will get it, he can win even by disqualification against Strowman). Because he is still injured from the day before, Reigns easily loses to Owens and it was all planned out by Heyman and Owens.

Kevin Owens is the new Universal Champion and Paul Heyman his advocate.

That would be fun to see ??

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kurorac said:

So I started watching Raw one and a half year ago and Smackdown a few weeks before the shake up (heard about the shake up and wanted to see some of them even if they changed show, so I started with Smackdown).

Since starting with SD, most of the time I liked it more than Raw. But maybe it will get better when Lesnar finally loses his title.

Here is what I'd like to see at SummerSlam:

At SummerSlam, Reigns and Lesnar fight and because of what happened to Heyman, he betrays Lesnar, distracts him and Reigns wins the title. They celebrate together and SummerSlam ends.

The next day on Raw Heyman and Reigns come out together. Heyman explains why he betrayed Lesnar but suddenly we hear Lesnars music. Reigns waits for him when suddenly he gets hit from behind with the money in the bank briefcase which belongs to Kevin Owens (because of course he will get it, he can win even by disqualification against Strowman). Because he is still injured from the day before, Reigns easily loses to Owens and it was all planned out by Heyman and Owens.

Kevin Owens is the new Universal Champion and Paul Heyman his advocate.

That would be fun to see 1f914.png1f601.png

Of course, anything to do with Paul Heyman can happen. Though for me I see the cashing in happening at SummerSlam, but RAW is good too. Sometimes you just never know if Brock Lesnar will lose his title because there are reports of Vince McMahon letting Brock bring the UFC title in WWE and probably a contract expansion for that matter. If Paul Heyman joins forces with Roman Reigns I just hope they don't turn him heel. I got no valid reason, but I just hope he remains face for a while as champ and see how things go about. Kevin Owens and Paul Heyman together would just be brilliant and smart. Both are damn good on the mic, they're both villains, etc. A cash in on RAW would be simply amazing as well. 

WWE posted the unaired version of the Paul Heyman/Renee Young interview where he claimed that Roman Reigns won't stand a chance with the sudden changed Brock Lesnar and then said "unless..." before walking away, leaving Renee Young confused. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

Of course, anything to do with Paul Heyman can happen. Though for me I see the cashing in happening at SummerSlam, but RAW is good too. Sometimes you just never know if Brock Lesnar will lose his title because there are reports of Vince McMahon letting Brock bring the UFC title in WWE and probably a contract expansion for that matter. If Paul Heyman joins forces with Roman Reigns I just hope they don't turn him heel. I got no valid reason, but I just hope he remains face for a while as champ and see how things go about. Kevin Owens and Paul Heyman together would just be brilliant and smart. Both are damn good on the mic, they're both villains, etc. A cash in on RAW would be simply amazing as well. 

WWE posted the unaired version of the Paul Heyman/Renee Young interview where he claimed that Roman Reigns won't stand a chance with the sudden changed Brock Lesnar and then said "unless..." before walking away, leaving Renee Young confused. 

For me, I would hate to see Lesnar keep the title. Maybe it's because I only saw him the 3 to 4 times he competed in the last one and a half years but I just don't like him and I'd rather see the title changing hands.

The fans just started not hating Reigns so much, it would be bad for him turning heel in my opinion. But you never know.

That sounds interesting, guess I have to watch the interview then :)

Maybe he collaborates with Strowman? But I don't think Strowman will get the belt (yet?). I don't know, we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kurorac said:

For me, I would hate to see Lesnar keep the title. Maybe it's because I only saw him the 3 to 4 times he competed in the last one and a half years but I just don't like him and I'd rather see the title changing hands.

The fans just started not hating Reigns so much, it would be bad for him turning heel in my opinion. But you never know.

That sounds interesting, guess I have to watch the interview then :)

Maybe he collaborates with Strowman? But I don't think Strowman will get the belt (yet?). I don't know, we'll have to wait and see.

Here it is:

If Braun Strowman can't control himself for just one night, then say goodbye to the one-way ticket to the Universal Championship. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ee28max said:

If Braun Strowman can't control himself for just one night, then say goodbye to the one-way ticket to the Universal Championship. 

But couldn't KO come out with, for example, Jinder, let the bell ring and let himself get hit by Jinder? That way Strowman gets disqualified and Owens gets the briefcase.

Or did I misunderstand it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kurorac said:

But couldn't KO come out with, for example, Jinder, let the bell ring and let himself get hit by Jinder? That way Strowman gets disqualified and Owens gets the briefcase.

Or did I misunderstand it?

That can happen as well. You never know. If WWE is capable of having at least one match in a PPV that doesn't last a minute, like for a example recently at Extreme Rules where Shinsuke Nakamura low-blowed Jeff Hardy before the bell rang and then just one Kinshasa for the finish. Or even when Randy Orton defeated Rusev in about 10 seconds last year SummerSlam with one RKO. 

Kevin Owens, alongside The Miz and others are very smart superstars. We shall wait and see. 

• Like 1