The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Well, I'm not surprised about Charlotte being champ again, feel bad for the audience. Everybody was with Becky.

I hope wwe make at least a decent heel of her.

Great opener, Seth vs Dolph was great.

If BB needed a nail to the coffin, they just got it. Weak match, many botches and the need to show a terrible BB that they desperately went for Dq to retain, horrible.

Now that the match is over, really, why that KO Strawman match, why?

And as expected great match between AJ and Samoa Joe. 

End of first half.

3 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, I'm not surprised about Charlotte being champ again, feel bad for the audience. Everybody was with Becky.

I hope wwe make at least a decent heel of her.

They wanted her to win the MiTB as well but just like with Nakamura and Asuka WWE would rather just destroy fan favourites over and over so you stop caring about them and then give them a title and be like "see they didn't get over"

• Like 2

And this is exactly what I said the problem with Ronda would be.

There is no way to book her properly. I mean she can't lose clean...that would kill her gimmick. On the other hand this is a woman known for tapping out women in under a minute...so who on the roster is going to stand up to her?

It is just another Brock Lesnar but without the freaky physical acts that Brock can do.

I mean if Ronda starts suplexing women across the ring or throwing car doors that is one ting...but as it stands she is just going to keep beating the entire roster without much challenge.

22 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

And this is exactly what I said the problem with Ronda would be.

There is no way to book her properly. I mean she can't lose clean...that would kill her gimmick. On the other hand this is a woman known for tapping out women in under a minute...so who on the roster is going to stand up to her?

It is just another Brock Lesnar but without the freaky physical acts that Brock can do.

I mean if Ronda starts suplexing women across the ring or throwing car doors that is one ting...but as it stands she is just going to keep beating the entire roster without much challenge.

Relax, once she moves to Smack down  Charlotte will beat her clean, 3 times in a row.

One of those 3 matches will be triple threat with Asuka.

Nothing to fear ?

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Relax, once she moves to Smack down  Charlotte will beat her clean, 3 times in a row.

One of those 3 matches will be triple threat with Asuka.

Nothing to fear 1f609.png

Well actually the 2 will fight for 6 month straight switching the titles between each other so they can both be 20 time Women's champs by the time Mania rolls around.

Also the Roman/Brock match was both the dumbest and smartest thing that WWE did in a long time.

Smartest by allowing Braun to be out there so everyone though the match would restart after Roman won and thus no one booed...but also the dumbest because IF YOU WERE JUST GOING TO HAVE ROMAN WIN 'CLEAN' THEN WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU DO IT AT MANIA. 

Also why not just have him beat Brock. What is this "fluke" win bullshit. That won't make people like Roman anymore and it just hurts everyone involved. The roman thing wouldn't even bother me if they just went all in on the guy. But this lukewarm bullshit is actually worse than Super Roman.

24 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Smartest by allowing Braun to be out there so everyone though the match would restart after Roman won and thus no one booed...but also the dumbest because IF YOU WERE JUST GOING TO HAVE ROMAN WIN 'CLEAN' THEN WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU DO IT AT MANIA. 

Also why not just have him beat Brock. What is this "fluke" win bullshit. That won't make people like Roman anymore and it just hurts everyone involved. The roman thing wouldn't even bother me if they just went all in on the guy. But this lukewarm bullshit is actually worse than Super Roman.

Well, but remember all the badass Brock that was sold during these few weeks, last attempt from Vince to make people loves Roman, I didn't like it but it tied up with what happened tonight, you saw a Brock that went to clean the house, and not the typical monotonous 7 suplex in a row. He was kinda distracted and Roman won. But Roman already took initiative at the start of the match.

Not the best but imo far from the worst way to give Roman the victory.

11 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, but remember all the badass Brock that was sold during these few weeks, last attempt from Vince to make people loves Roman, I didn't like it but it tied up with what happened tonight, you saw a Brock that went to clean the house, and not the typical monotonous 7 suplex in a row. He was kinda distracted and Roman won. But Roman already took initiative at the start of the match.

Not the best but imo far from the worst way to give Roman the victory.

Oh I agree...but he should have still won at Mania and Summer Slam should have been Bruan cashing in (awhile back) and Braun winning tonight.

Just saying.

Hopefully they let Roman keep it for awhile (at least a couple of months even until Mania) since he is a 4 time champ with like 3 months total as being champ

5 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh I agree...but he should have still won at Mania and Summer Slam should have been Bruan cashing in (awhile back) and Braun winning tonight.

Just saying.

Hopefully they let Roman keep it for awhile (at least a couple of months even until Mania) since he is a 4 time champ with like 3 months total as being champ

Well, the first month is safe I think, with the Hell in a cell match between Brock and Reigns, and Strawman busy with something. I hope they don't go with a triple threat because it's a fact that Reigns will win HIAC.

After that Roman will start the open challenge.

19 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, the first month is safe I think, with the Hell in a cell match between Brock and Reigns, and Strawman busy with something. I hope they don't go with a triple threat because it's a fact that Reigns will win HIAC.

After that Roman will start the open challenge.

I say have Roman vs Ronda at Evolution. Have Ronda win and be the first Women's/Universal champion and then have her hold both belts until Mania where she goes 1 on 1 against Brock for the Unified Universal WoMen's title.

The ratings will be huge.

• Like 2

I'm really really happy for this SummerSlam, I found this edition to be very satisfying, with every Match ending in a good way, like they had to end, with nothing being screwed up. Some results were unexpected, at least for me, but nothing of so bad to screw the Storylines.

First of all... Finally, finally WWE has been brave enough and after a looong pursuit, Roman Reigns is the Universal Champion. My god, I can't believe it actually happened, I was starting to lose my hopes, but it had to happen. I've not seen SummerSlam (I only read the results) and I don't know if Roman was cheered or not, but I'm sure that he will be booed during his Title run: but as I said, WWE must get used to this, now I hope he will have a good run as Universal Champion, even if he loses the Title a in a month or two, and that the Title will become more prestigious and important. I'm happy they didn't waste Braun Strowman's contract (I don't mean that they didn't have him lose it, but that he didn't cash-in at all, despite he did try to), and now my feeling is that he will cash-in by announcing, on Raw, a Match between him and Reigns at Hell in a Cell. There is to say that Brock Lesnar has a Rematch clause and that he is advertised for tonight's Raw, so never say never... But remember that no one has ever got a Universal Title Rematch, lol (Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Goldberg).

Then, everything went as planned, at least for me: Ronda Rousey destroyed Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch turned on Charlotte, Shinsuke Nakamura retained, and a lot of Feud are now going on until Hell in a Cell (Bryan vs Miz, New Day vs Bludgeon Brothers, Joe vs Styles, Orton vs Hardy). Finn Balor's return as the Demon surprised me, but it can be a good thing, after all: with The Demon Gimmick he squashed Baron Corbin, so I hope this is a way WWE will push him again, now that Brock Lesnar is not Universal Champion anymore, Balor can challenge Reigns and/or Strowman for the Title, without forgetting the Intercontinental One...

Yeah, the Intercontinental Championship, maybe the biggest surprise for me, I would have never thought that Dolph Ziggler would have lost the Title, but I'm ok with that, the rivalry will probably go on, and now that there is Dean Ambrose, this Feud can tell something more than before, without forgetting Drew McIntyre, who could play a more important role. Also, I'm surprised The Revival lost, the Raw Tag Team Division at the moment is a complete joke.

Rating for this SummerSlam Edition: 7.5/10
Edited by KenjiCBZ

Just finished looking at the fans reactions on social media and wow. I do understand their frustration and all, about how Ronda Rousey suddenly rose above all the women while others worked their butts off for a long time to get where they want to. I read one where someone said they didn't want to see another set of match repetitions, like The Riot Squad vs Sasha Banks and Bayley, or Ember Moon vs one of the Riots and that they should give Dana a chance. I mean, that's what fans get for being overhyped and plead for Ronda Rousey to sign a contract with WWE when she appeared at the end of the Women's Royal Rumble match. Now they all want to chase her away. WWE is crazy as well when it comes to what they want. In the Mae Young 2017 tournament, they made Shayna Baszler go all the way to the finals for a reason, to get Ronda Rousey and probably have a Four Horsewomen face-off. They ignored pure stars like Candice LeRae. This year we have Lacey Lane, Tony Storm and others. Hopefully they don't do anything stupid to them. 

Don't know what to say about Roman Reigns' long due victory. So many people are hating on this and insult the fellow fans that they absolutely know nothing about wrestling if they like Roman Reigns. It's ridiculous, I know. So what then, will they celebrate when he dies? It's also better to wish Vince McMahon to retire instead of wishing him to die. He made WWE what it is today. Sure, they removed TV 14 and made WWE PG, but you can always remember how the Attitude Era and the Ruthless Aggression Era were. The booking is terrible, just let us not be enemies in the world because of this. There are also a lot of those who say goodbye to WWE and say they would cancel their subscription but they come back after a few hours. 

@Dr_Mayus has a good point about why they should've just let Roman Reigns win at WrestleMania 34 without including the presence of Braun Strowman and kinda shaming him in the process. I agree it wasn't a good way for him to win. There are even photos that prove that Brock's left shoulder wasn't on the mat. How crazy fans go around to prevent Roman Reigns from being a champ. 

I'm looking forward to RAW tonight and his title reign. Sure, he's a 4 time champ and only held the titles within 3 months. Don't know if Brock will invoke a rematch, but I know Braun Strowman will be involved somehow. I have a feeling Hell In A Cell will be amazing. 

Seth Rollins becomes the first person to win the Intercontinental title on the opening matches of WrestleMania 34 and SummerSlam. Others only won on the opening match of WrestleMania, like Zack Ryder, Daniel Bryan, RVD, etc. It main evented at Extreme Rules and now kicked off SummerSlam. It was a great match. Dean Ambrose did his job to keep Drew McIntyre away. So, where's the heel turn everyone was talking about lol. Until now we haven't heard him talk on the mic. Even on interview after Seth had won. Looks like RAW will be the night he does. Weird how two superstars ended their matches with blood on their faces - Seth Rollins and AJ Styles. 

People also say Charlotte Flair is the female Roman Reigns. I find it funny too. I could see (not sure if I can say Becky Lynch turned heel) it coming after the match. Looks like we might have them face at Hell In A Cell and then Evolution. This makes me ask, is TLC really cancelled this year? 

The crowd pop that Finn Bálor "The Demon" received was awesome. I didn't even know he'd emerge, but when I looked up at the 25 IG photos of the week in Brooklyn I saw his beard was trimmed, so that was a sign. He is now 3-0 at SummerSlam. He is indeed The Undertaker of SummerSlam. Apparently Vince McMahon wants to keep this streak going. Finally something for Finn.

I already knew The Bludgeon Brothers would retain. Even kayfabe breaking for them to use their barbarian hammers to end the match by DQ. Two matches on the card ended in DQ, but for the WWE Championship was more understandable because I see them settling it again at Hell In A Cell. The Bludgeons are good, but they were finally booked wrongly and this is starting to make their reign not so good. Hopefully The Bar can awaken the division once again. 

Asking again, is the TLC PPV cancelled for this year due to the situation of "3 PPVs in a time frame of 30 days" like what happened with WrestleMania 34, The Greatest Royal Rumble and Backlash?

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 2

This PPV had a different feel to it. For the most part, it was pretty good. I'll have to say Becky Lynch "turning heel" was the loudest pop of the night, and the chants of "you deserve it" after Becky whoops Charlotte's ass at the end of the match. Not sure if that was directed at Charlotte or Becky?

But it's bullshit that Charlotte can just waltz back into WWE after being gone for 2 months and instantly getting crowned women's champion. 

• Like 3

Summerslam was really underwhelming, how can anyone honestly say Summerslam was very good when NXT Takeover Brooklyn 4 was like 1 million times better ? 

Dolph vs Ziggler was ok but nothing special compared to their previous matches.

The SD tag team championship was shit.

Baron Corbin vs Finn Balor was stupid but fans are happy because he brought the demon while he didn't need the demon for a low card match. 

The SD women championship was decent and the only thing that prevents it from being bad is becky lynch finally beating Charlotte down after the match.

Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey was what was expected but they had to give some attention to Natalya and the attention whores The Bella Twins for no reason.

The US title match was decent.

Daniel Bryan vs The Miz was good, probably the best match of the night.

Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens was an insult to K.O and his fans.

AJ Styles vs Joe was decently good but not as awesome as I thought it would be.

Brock Lesnar vs Reigns was a good middle finger to everyone (fans and wrestlers) the "match" was shit and it didn't do a favor to anyone involved in this. Brock Lesnar lost because he was distracted... What a great way to end this 4 year long feud. What a waste, if you want to make Vince's b!tch the guy who slayed the beast after 4 f*cking years try to at least make him look good and not look like he was lucky. What was the point of this ending ? Brock Lesnar looks like an idiot who wasn't focused, Roman Reigns defeated the big bad Brock Lesnar BECAUSE of a distraction and Braun Strowmans is also looking like an idiot. And once again, WWE did a really poor job at muting the crowd, it was way too obvious this time.

No wonder WWE keeps treating their fans like shit if a good portion of the audience thinks that summerslam was GOOD. 

3 months without being subscribed to the WWE Network and I can't say I'm regretting it.

13 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:
I've not seen SummerSlam (I only read the results)

Rating for this SummerSlam Edition: 7.5/10

Daniel-Bryan-Facepalm-wwe-38278877-424-3

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

Summerslam really highlighted everything wrong with their product right now. Seth's match was solid, and AJ/Samoa Joe's match was mostly solid. The MITB gimmick is overplayed and the stories were ultra predictable. WWE's main programming is just very out of touch with what the fans want, the crowd just wasn't into it (though exhaustion could've also played a part). I wish they wouldn't flip belts so often, it really diminishes their prestige. NXT is a much, much stronger product. 

• Like 1

Alright, to everyone hating the Becky angle, lets calm down and think for a minute.  

First, Charlotte winning the title isn't as bad as everyone seems to think.  It wasn't about Charlotte this time it was about Becky, the only way for Becky to turn heel and start what I'm assuming is going to be a healthy push was to have someone to turn on and Charlotte was the perfect women for the job, you guys are proof of that.  You're outraged that she was inserted to the match and got the win.  Guess what... SO WAS BECKY.  This was actual logical booking that's helping Becky way way more than Charlotte.

And on the RAW women's side, the Bellas were in the ring because the WWE wants to start pushing the Evolution PPV, so expect to see a lot more of them over the next couple months.  I know we hate 'em but I can tell you from personal experience (my job puts me one on one with people every day) that tons of female non-wrestling fans still watch the divas/Bellas' shows.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ee28max said:

Asking again, is the TLC PPV cancelled for this year due to the situation of "3 PPVs in a time frame of 30 days" like what happened with WrestleMania 34, The Greatest Royal Rumble and Backlash?

TLC has been moved to December 16th. Clash of the Champions was originally planned for the December PPV, but WWE cancelled it and replaced it with TLC.

Regarding SummerSlam, well it wasn't that bad actually. Never felt like a Big 4 PPV, but it had some good matches like Rollins vs Ziggler (which I enjoyed more than their Iron Man Match), Daniel Bryan vs The Miz (very stiff at times and the ending was pretty old school), Styles vs Samoa Joe (build up for Hell in a Cell), and Charlotte vs Becky vs Carmella.

What I didn't like were all these squash matches in between. If you don't have enough time for everyone, stop putting so many workers on the card. You'll never see shit like this on NXT Takeover events, even if it means that there will be just 4-5 matches. NXT Takeover Brooklyn was one of the best PPVs this year and my personal favorite so far. Simply perfect from start to finish.

Another thing that seemed stupid was Strowman's involvment. First he had to say he isn't a coward, yet instead of cashing in right away, Braun rather wanted to wait and challenge either Brock or Roman after their match. Then Lesnar acted like an idiot attacking Strowman, when he rather should've focused on his opponent. And in the end a single spear was enough to defeat him...

Before the crowd could really react or Strowman could get back on his feet, the show was over. That was a very strange way to crown Reigns the champion in 6 minutes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jesaya815 said:

Another thing that seemed stupid was Strowman's involvment. First he had to say he isn't a coward, yet instead of cashing in right away, Braun rather wanted to wait and challenge either Brock or Roman after their match. Then Lesnar acted like an idiot attacking Strowman, when he rather should've focused on his opponent. And in the end a single spear was enough to defeat him...

Before the crowd could really react or Strowman could get back on his feet, the show was over. That was a very strange way to crown Reigns the champion in 6 minutes.

Braun needed to be out there so the crowd could have someone to cheer, Brock needed to attack him so there could be a reason Roman could sneak in a spear and the match needed to be short so the crowd couldn't hijack it, notice how quick the credits were rolling after Roman won the title.  Vince apparently knows what he's doing is a terrible idea so he booked the match in a way that would allow him to still shove his ass in our faces without the embarrassment of closing yet another big 4 PPV with a pissed off crowd booing his golden boy out of the arena.  The man wants what he wants and no one can tell him otherwise, not even the (non-women and children) fans.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Summerslam was really underwhelming, how can anyone honestly say Summerslam was very good when NXT Takeover Brooklyn 4 was like 1 million times better ? 

Dolph vs Ziggler was ok but nothing special compared to their previous matches.

The SD tag team championship was shit.

Baron Corbin vs Finn Balor was stupid but fans are happy because he brought the demon while he didn't need the demon for a low card match. 

The SD women championship was decent and the only thing that prevents it from being bad is becky lynch finally beating Charlotte down after the match.

Alexa Bliss vs Ronda Rousey was what was expected but they had to give some attention to Natalya and the attention whores The Bella Twins for no reason.

The US title match was decent.

Daniel Bryan vs The Miz was good, probably the best match of the night.

Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens was an insult to K.O and his fans.

AJ Styles vs Joe was decently good but not as awesome as I thought it would be.

Brock Lesnar vs Reigns was a good middle finger to everyone (fans and wrestlers) the "match" was shit and it didn't do a favor to anyone involved in this. Brock Lesnar lost because he was distracted... What a great way to end this 4 year long feud. What a waste, if you want to make Vince's b!tch the guy who slayed the beast after 4 f*cking years try to at least make him look good and not look like he was lucky. What was the point of this ending ? Brock Lesnar looks like an idiot who wasn't focused, Roman Reigns defeated the big bad Brock Lesnar BECAUSE of a distraction and Braun Strowmans is also looking like an idiot. And once again, WWE did a really poor job at muting the crowd, it was way too obvious this time.

No wonder WWE keeps treating their fans like shit if a good portion of the audience thinks that summerslam was GOOD. 

3 months without being subscribed to the WWE Network and I can't say I'm regretting it.

Daniel-Bryan-Facepalm-wwe-38278877-424-3

Lol, I'm not the only one who has been satisfied by SummerSlam. Weren't you the one who always complains about everything? Just lol

By the way, I can't believe they actually gave Finn Balor his rematch

Just look here https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=181698 and you'll see a lot, a lot of positive reviews for this year SummerSlam. Everyone has different tastes, just respect other people's opinions and don't make fun of them. 

And I said it, I say it again, I've not watched the PPV, actually I never do that because I don't have enough time, but the results were all good and the rivalries are going on in the right way. That is what matters for me, that the Storylines are good and that they go on in the good way. Had Roman lost, for example, it would have been a huge mistake. 

Nothing denies me to rate a PPV for the results and for how the storylines are going on, because the Main Roster is this, storytelling, that's why NXT is considered better, because it's more focused on the good wrestling. Otherwhise, we wouldn't have had Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion. 

Edited by KenjiCBZ

18 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Braun needed to be out there so the crowd could have someone to cheer, Brock needed to attack him so there could be a reason Roman could sneak in a spear and the match needed to be short so the crowd couldn't hijack it, notice how quick the credits were rolling after Roman won the title.  Vince apparently knows what he's doing is a terrible idea so he booked the match in a way that would allow him to still shove his ass in our faces without the embarrassment of closing yet another big 4 PPV with a pissed off crowd booing his golden boy out of the arena.  The man wants what he wants and no one can tell him otherwise, not even the (non-women and children) fans.

You're right. It just sucks how Vince sacrifices his talent for the Roman agenda. Braun looked like a fool on Sunday, but I guess Vince didn't really care about that. Now The Shield is back on Raw and even as a group they were booed out of the building. I don't think that was the plan.

• Like 1

It appears I am late to the party. I apologize for that but I will also let you know what my thoughts are overall 

Summer slam wasn't too bad,  but NXT PPV was better.

The Becky heel turn was in my opinion, a textbook example how to do friendship betrayal right. Compare this to the Sasha/Bayley feud. 

As for Raw, it is a mixed bag.

it was nice to see Dean wrestle again. 

The main event was a bit confusing. The match was fine, but afterwards was where things get confusing. Braun cashes in and the shield come out and interfere. Did Braun lose his briefcase or does he get a mulligan? 

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 3