The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

NXT TakeOver WarGames II definitely stole the weekend! 

All the matches anticipated on the card were on their highest levels indeed. The Matt Riddle finish must've been the fastest match in NXT TakeOver history. Don't know what that leads to next, but I have to say it was such a start of the PPV :D The NXT Women's Championship was amazing as well, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke finally appeared ringside for their sister-in-arms or horsewoman teammate. We all can't forget that Io Shirai's moonsault was the highlight of that match one of them for the whole show. 

Aleister Black vs Johnny Gargano surprised me by a mile. Those two Black Masses at the end showed the universe that he is still on the hunt and never lost anything during the pursuit of his attacker. Tommaso Ciampa vs Velveteen Dream is the match that had me dying by ultimate shocks. I didn't expect this performance at all. It could be in the MoTY. I even expected Lars Sullivan to come out and cause chaos. 

The WarGames match was just as good as the first one and expected Undisputed ERA to win, but nonetheless it was still a brilliant match. Best performance by the War Raiders and that double moonsault from the top of the cage by Ricochet. Let's see how Survivor Series will top this and they've lost some good matches because of an injury caused by...you know who :D 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ee28max said:

NXT TakeOver WarGames II definitely stole the weekend! 

All the matches anticipated on the card were on their highest levels indeed. The Matt Riddle finish must've been the fastest match in NXT TakeOver history. Don't know what that leads to next, but I have to say it was such a start of the PPV :D The NXT Women's Championship was amazing as well, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke finally appeared ringside for their sister-in-arms or horsewoman teammate. We all can't forget that Io Shirai's moonsault was the highlight of that match one of them for the whole show. 

Aleister Black vs Johnny Gargano surprised me by a mile. Those two Black Masses at the end showed the universe that he is still on the hunt and never lost anything during the pursuit of his attacker. Tommaso Ciampa vs Velveteen Dream is the match that had me dying by ultimate shocks. I didn't expect this performance at all. It could be in the MoTY. I even expected Lars Sullivan to come out and cause chaos. 

The WarGames match was just as good as the first one and expected Undisputed ERA to win, but nonetheless it was still a brilliant match. Best performance by the War Raiders and that double moonsault from the top of the cage by Ricochet. Let's see how Survivor Series will top this and they've lost some good matches because of an injury caused by...you know who :D 

The match between Tommaso Ciampa vs Velveteen Dream was awesome too but quite honestly, the entire card was filled with MoTY contenders :P 2018 has been such a good year for NXT (and yeah the same applies for 2015, 2016, 2017 and maybe even before that, I don't even remember when I started watching NXT. I just remember that Neville was NXT champion at the time and it was already a good show) but this year was very special because it was almost like a new NXT with all of their top talents male or female on the main roster they had to build new guys and not only did they did that but their roster is perhaps their most talented roster of all time. The tag team division could do with a few more relevant tag teams but that's maybe the only thing NXT may need in the foreseeable future.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

I totally agree with you guys, NXT Takeover was simply amazing B)

The match I liked best was the one between Gargano and Black. The storytelling was close to perfection, as was Johnny's selling. He really was the perfect choice to be the culprit and thus being Aleister's opponent for such an important fight.

Chiampa and Velveteen Dream had an outstanding match as well. I lost count of how many near falls there were. Tommaso going over was the right decision. Him and Aleister Black have some unfinished business to attend to. Clark's time will definitely come though and rightfully so.

If I had to criticize one thing, it would be that The Undisputed Era lost. They are the only stable in NXT, a band of brothers so to speak. As a group, they should be as dominant as the nWo, DX, or The Shield, yet they're often not booked that way. I fear Adam Cole will never be the NXT Champion and as soon as The Undisputed Era enters the main roster, everything will fall apart, without ever reaching their full potential.

• Like 3

MY NAME IS ENZO AMORE AND I KICKED OFF OF PLANES AND BANNED FROM ARENAS...AND YOU CAN'T TEACH THAT.

I was actually watching my Bombers lose the Western Finals against the Calgary Stampeders tonight :( BUT a cool moment was Bret Hart was at the game pumping up the crowd so it was good to see him having some fun. 

Although if the Stamps were going after old WWF champions...there was a certain champion that used to play for the fucking team :P

the-game-plan.jpeg?_v=20150925195238&fit

Edited by Dr_Mayus

That must've just been the worst Survivor Series PPV ever ?

With all the victories belonging to RAW, those are just numbers because we all know that SmackDown is the better show. Now they're trying to shove it to everyone's faces what RAW can do. Maybe they did it to protect Baron Corbin's authority career? Oh well, no more words about the show.

Best matches were actually the ones presented on the PPV Poster. Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan was surprisingly good. DB's actions in the match just fired up his new character. Seth Rollins vs Shinsuke Nakamura was good too. Although the match was a first time for everyone, the result made Seth Rollins look stronger headlining TLC to face Dean Ambrose. What about the Street Fight match at Starrcade? The result of Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair was an opener to save both from getting pinned. We all know that strategy. It was a killer match though. 

• Like 2

the post attack on Ronda was a bit much. wonder if charlotte an becky now act like they better than Ronda and around rumble. ronda is "heel"  and recruits her 4 horse women. and if Rondas team lost thats bs. cause Banks and Bayley are essentially jobbers now. 

hoping Ronda kicks more ass soon tho. humanizing her was dumb. Same with Brock. he should have just squashed that midget DB. 

but I read an interesting rumor. regarding raw clean sweep and Shane in line for a heel run similar to vince. he could strip all titles on smackdown or have a few title changes. will be interesting. 

was a good match between Rollins and Nak. 

only thing I've really grown to hate with SS is they wear the colors. Nak looked dumb as did Rollins in his half and half shirt. we know what show they represent. so why not just have these guys in regular attire?

War games > Survivor Series easy.

• Like 2

I was almost not going to post to not ruin once again everyone enjoyment by complaining once again but it turns out I'm not the only one complaining this time :P 

Survivor Series was garbage. Like I said a while ago I never liked this PPV and last night essentially confirmed that I never will. Vince just wants to prove that RAW is the main show when in reality everyone knows that RAW can't even compete with NXT.

Concerning the PPV I'm not going to lie I skipped most of the matches when I was not fastforwarding them because I had no interest in watching SD get their ass handed to them and the opening match basically proved to me that I shouldn't waste my time with WWE's garbage when I saw that the big bad (shitty) Nia Jax pinned Asuka. 

I enjoyed and hated Charlotte vs Ronda at the same time. The match was excellent but the ending made me "mad". I just wanted to have a fair match where it's just talent vs talent and even though Charlotte heel turn was good this practically confirms that they are setting up another match between them at Wrestlemania but WHAT ABOUT BECKY ?! ? 

The crowd was awful during that match, why in the hell would they chant "you deserved it" and say "thank you charlotte" that's completely absurd even Ronda's look at the end was saying "what's wrong with this crowd" :P 

Shinsuke vs Rollins was decent at least so that's something but I regret the days when the Kinshasa was a true finisher.

My match of the night was Bryan vs Lesnar. As much as I hate Daniel Bryan I acknowledge that he can put on good matches, and he and Lesnar put on an awesome match. This may be my match of the year for the main roster. 

Not looking forward to RAW at all since I'm kind of tired with this show (I'm of course going to watch Drew's segment and Seth vs Dean but that's it unless Lesnar shows up) but I'm really curious about what's going to happen on Smackdown. I liked how they didn't make Orton and Styles appear last night knowing that this was going to be a full sweep for RAW. 

• Like 2

A clean sweep (ignoring the loss in the Kickoff to Team Smackdown) was unpredictable, I give 'em that. It was a shit move and totally unnecessary, but what else is new?! Oh well, maybe there is more to it and we just don't know it yet.

They don't care about Samoa Joe anymore, otherwise he should've been protected a bit more. Why not eliminate Jeff or Rey at the start of the match to shock people?

Same goes for Nakamura. They had the chance to give Shinsuke a big win over Seth Rollins (after an interference by The Lunatic Fringe), but they chose not to, although Nakamura needed the victory to became more relevant again.

Charlotte getting disqualified was a logical move and probably the original idea for Ronda/Becky anyway. The match itself was fantastic. There needs to be a rematch between Flair and Rousey some day, that's for sure.

Bryan vs Lesnar was good too. If Brock wants to wrestle, he can still do great things in the ring. The fans were behind Daniel and why shouldn't they? It was Bryan's wish to turn heel, but that doesn't mean the WWE universe suddenly hates him everywhere he goes. Especially not when his opponent is as despicable as Brock Lesnar.

• Like 3

That Charoltte/Ronda match was absolutely insane.  I'm 100% sure they just went with the original booking (Becky snaps and goes berserk) since rewriting an entire match's storyline in a week with someone as green as Ronda would be impossible but it was still very effective. 

I'm assuming Charlotte's character will have to be tweaked to continue logically but I'm down with that as well, heel Becky with heel Charlotte by her side sounds absolutely... sublime.  And oh yeah, fuck everything about Nia Jax, turning her wrecklessness into an angle and pushing her based off of it is such a Vince move.  Who cares how many people she hurts, she's big and, most importantly, she's an Anoa'i!!  

• Like 3

Did Ambrose watch No Holds Barred too many times or what? xD

I don't know what it is, but the rivalry between Dean and Seth doesn't excite me yet. A month has passed and both are doing a good job, but it still feels so forced. It felt way more natural back in 2014 with Ambrose as the babyface and Rollins as the heel. Maybe the feud will pick up the pace around TLC with a potential title change.

Speaking of the PPV, the Corbin vs Strowman TLC Match has some interesting stipulations. If Braun wins, he gets his title shot at the Royal Rumble. If Baron wins, he will finally be the permanent General Manager.

• Like 3

I like what Dean Ambrose has been doing on RAW - mind games, getting the Los Angeles heat, etc. Not that they feud is getting better, but I mean, Vince likes putting up real-life situations into storylines, be it death or sickness. They could just have a clean feud between Seth and Dean alone and things would be great. Also, let's not forget that the recent heels have the low blow fever. First Nakamura, then Daniel Bryan and now Dean Ambrose. Couldn't we have just different characteristics in heels now lol.

The 205 Live manager turned into a meme and joke and I can't say much about that either, Vince planned it all. It was probably just a bag in Drake's pants and squeezed it. Everyone could even see how long it took. I can't deny it but I was actually laughing at that segment. 

Can't say much about the Braun Strowman/Baron Corbin match at TLC. Both men have advantages on their sides if either get the win. 

Lars Sullivan coming to RAW is the worst decision ever. Yes, everyone knows he will get some local competitors at the beginning, win a lot and then eventually become a jobber. That's the main roster for you, let alone Monday Night RAW.

Looking forward to SmackDown tonight. The changes that Shane had mentioned on Twitter he'd make, what's next after Charlotte's hell turn, Becky's reaction towards that. etc.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm a fan of this as well. 1f600.png

However... the person I'm the fan of most is currently out fighting leukemia and he may never return 1f62d.png (according to my mom anyway...)

Anyway... I never really saw the point of Survivor Series honestly. It's pretty much a waste of a PPV. But that's just IMO I suppose. 1f613.png

Nice to see a another fan around. I saw you recently joined the site and yes I've seen your first post before. 

Unfortunately he is out fighting leukemia and he will return, just have faith. 

We all have opinions here, we all like something, hate something, etc. Feel free to post anything related to WWE here. You are in fact not the only one who found Survivor Series a complete waste and disappointment. ?

Let's just share opinions and not lash out at each other with insults, causing a disband, like recently... Well that's in the past, let's hope nothing like this happens again. It's very weird in a world like this where little things can cause and become big things. 

• Like 2

I understand you Dean... You had to cover your nose because you knew that RAW was pure garbage :( RAW was as good as the jokes they made about Drake Maverick, terrible.

I know Vince always liked stupid things like that but come on it was ridiculous and way too forced, it reminds me of when they were adamant about making Natalya someone that can't stop farting. It's embarassing.

Now concerning Dean's feud with Rollins I don't really know what's the reason but I'm less excited than when it began. They aren't doing a terrible job at building their feud but they are not doing their best either so I hope they spice it up a little bit down the road.

It's too bad because I felt like RAW was becoming a little bit better a few weeks ago but now they are back to having 3 hours long shows that feels empty somehow ... 

Finally, I'm just going to say that even though I do like Lars Sullivan to an extent, they made a huge mistake by calling him up. If you watch NXT you know that he is just not ready and he may become better as times goes by but right now he just a little bit better than Braun when he debuted three years ago and that's really not something to be proud of considering how green Braun was when he first appeared on RAW. Hopefully for him, Vince doesn't give him the Vladimir Kozlov treatment...

• Like 3

I only saw bits and pieces of Raw so i can't really give a full and fair rating of the show. By the look of the comments, i believe it was better moving on.

I saw, Braun Strowman, Finn balor and Elias vs Barron Corbin,Bobby Lashley and Drew Macintyre, Ronda Rousey vs Mickie james, Gable and Roode vs AOP and Dean/Seth segment. Missed everything else so I'm taking people at their word. 

Tonight I'll be much better :P

13 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm a fan of this as well. 1f600.png

However... the person I'm the fan of most is currently out fighting leukemia and he may never return 1f62d.png (according to my mom anyway...)

Anyway... I never really saw the point of Survivor Series honestly. It's pretty much a waste of a PPV. But that's just IMO I suppose. 1f613.png

First off, Welcome to the thread

Speaking of the man, I have kept tabs on him lately.

He just started treatment a few days ago (11/12 to be exact). Looking at it from the time frame, it seems the type of Leukemia he has is Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML). [More info about leukemia] 

It would explain the 11 year gap he mentioned. Anyhow, while I believe he is getting the best possible treatment, it will be a long time before he will return. My estimate will be a good a year in a half to two years (plus an extra couple months, just to get his physique back as well). No matter how you look at it, it will be a rough road from him here on out. 

Optimistically, if they got it early, I think he will pull through.

• Like 3

I enjoyed Smackdown but expected more after Survivor Series. I thought Shane McMahon's was supposed to take action but it seems like they just scrapped that idea... Shane and The Miz segment was fun though and I would like to see them team up for a little bit since they don't have anything going on for The Miz and he will most likely not going to feud with Daniel Bryan for the time being.

I also enjoyed the main event with Orton continuing to be a sadistic heel. I don't know if his feud with Rey is over or if it's just the beginning but I wouldn't mind seeing more of it since I liked Orton's rivalvry with Jeff Hardy. 

• Like 2

Didn't feel like posting anything today, until I saw a new one. :)

SmackDown was alright, but I as well expected some changes from Shane McMahon or at least some reactions to the clean sweep. Looks like they just threw it all in the garbage bin. That's what we've known the SmackDown vs RAW feuds carrying over Survivor Series - they just end all of a sudden as if nothing happened (except I think Ronda Rousey and Charlotte Flair aren't over with their business yet). Wished Becky Lynch showed up as Charlotte Flair was getting attacked by the IIconics, but I guess she's still stuck in doctor jail. 

The main event was alright. Randy Orton continues wiping out as the heel. I don't think it's over but at the same time it could be. 

Hoping there will be some specific stipulations at TLC for the matches that are currently on the card. I enjoy ladder matches a lot, so hopefully we get something like that for the Intercontinental Championship and/or RAW Women's Championship. A chairs match or tables would work too. So glad TLC didn't get rid of after some dumb PPVs for this year. Clash of Champions would've been cool if it weren't replaced (maybe for those who want to see Brock Lesnar defend the title :P).

• Like 2

RAW gets even more terrible than it already is every new week. I like Baron Corbin, but his abuse of power makes the show boring, especially when he abuses it really bad. I don't even know how he'll be if he does get to be the permanent GM. The cringe-worthy promo from Nia Jax - trying her damn best to get some heel heat, using that disgusting fist every now and then. It was a pointless segment. No Way Jose comes from outta nowhere. These are one of the matches that the creative team just adds to kill time.  

Hopefully SmackDown will have something in store for us. Who am I kidding, it will have something. :) 

• Like 3

Now I have a new fear: ASMR Advertizing. I like the USOS and all, but I feel like they giving me bed talk @_@;

I will say I like how they made Charlotte flair owning up to her arrogance. Still will root for becky, but in my opinion, i think this move makes Charlotte a little bit better. I doubt this will make her a heel though.

Joe/Jeff segment was good. Sadly, Joe had a point. Knowing Jeff's history with *cough*Drugs.*cough*, it scares me about his safety (dare i mention victory road) and makes me wonder how he is able to continue. To quote what culture:

"Wrestlers dealing with personal demons isn't a new concept. Constantly on the road, Constantly in pain. Booze and painkillers and pills is something of a curse of professional wrestling, and hardy is something of a poster boy for it.

Despite this, Its a miracle that Jeff hardy has been able to keep performing with WWE. Some time next year, The hardy boyz will get into the hall of fame either the next year or the year after.

Rey/Randy Ortan segment was alright.

The Usos vs Shemus and Cesaro was meh. Nothing bad, but nothing to big.

Women battle royal went very well. Asuka won and back in the title picture, but I'm going to make a prediction. Whether she wins or loses at TLC, Asuka is going to turn heel. Having her as a monster would definitely shake up 

• Like 2