The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

2 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Trash. Lame. Calamitous.

That's how I'll describe the majority of TLC. Why the fuck did McIntyre lost ?! My hopes of a great future for him are almost gone, if they continue to book him this way he is just going to become another gigantic guy with ton of potential losing to a bunch of Hobbits because Vince doesn't know how to build stars anymore and thinks a 50% Wins / 50% Losses is fine. IT IS NOT. 

The Smackdown Tag Team match could have been so good but it was rushed and there were a few botches that tarnished the match.

Ambrose VS Rollins sucked but I've never been entertained by Ambrose so I'm not too surprised. I'm kind of happy that he is not bouncing between the ropes anymore though because it looked really stupid.

Styles and Bryan killed it, my match of the night and quite possibly the last good match of 2018. 

The main event was really good and I've always been a huge fan of Asuka so I'm really happy. Now I just hope that she keeps the championship for a very long time (Even though a lot of people complained about her NXT title reign I really enjoyed it and even if she kept the title to this day I would have loved it :P ) and that they shake the rosters a little bit because if both Becky and Charlotte go to RAW then Asuka won't have any credible opponent for Wrestlemania and after. I also hope they the let her win at Wrestlemania against a good opponent because she really deserves to have a Wrestlemania moment.

I agree that the PPV itself wasn't all good. I only said good because the majority of it was at least better than the previous PPVs that were an extra ache in the tumor. I wanted to let go of the bad parts of the show because the never seem to go away, but didn't forget them at all. 

I kind of liked the previous Dean Ambrose as he looked a little different from other guys but the current one looks much stronger and more serious (given the fact that he is heel and obviously has to goof around, like pleading for mercy in parts of a match or play mind games with his opponent). I never supported the heel turn but we'll see where this'll go as IC champion, only hoping he doesn't get bland like Shinsuke Nakamura with the US title. 

Sorry for how you feel about McIntyre. This match wasn't even supposed to be on PPV in the first place but I believe Drew might redeem himself and get a spot for the Universal championship at Royal Rumble so it may be triple threat (well for the least, but I know you may not like it) because I don't want Brock vs Braun again. 

If Charlotte and Becky go to RAW then there might be some NXT call ups to SmackDown and some RAW superstars go to SmackDown. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ee28max said:

I agree that the PPV itself wasn't all good. I only said good because the majority of it was at least better than the previous PPVs that were an extra ache in the tumor. I wanted to let go of the bad parts of the show because the never seem to go away, but didn't forget them at all. 

I kind of liked the previous Dean Ambrose as he looked a little different from other guys but the current one looks much stronger and more serious (given the fact that he is heel and obviously has to goof around, like pleading for mercy in parts of a match or play mind games with his opponent). I never supported the heel turn but we'll see where this'll go as IC champion, only hoping he doesn't get bland like Shinsuke Nakamura with the US title. 

Sorry for how you feel about McIntyre. This match wasn't even supposed to be on PPV in the first place but I believe Drew might redeem himself and get a spot for the Universal championship at Royal Rumble so it may be triple threat (well for the least, but I know you may not like it) because I don't want Brock vs Braun again. 

If Charlotte and Becky go to RAW then there might be some NXT call ups to SmackDown and some RAW superstars go to SmackDown. 

Yeah I exaggerated a little bit, the PPV wasn't really awful but the only matches I really liked were the WWE Championship match and the Smackdown Women's championship so I'm kind of disappointed. They should really stop the huge cards if they don't know how to book a show. I don't think anyone really cares about Natalya and Ruby Riott so instead of wasting people times with a match like this they could have given 10~ more minutes to the smackdown tag titles for example. (If anyone is wondering, the SD TT title match lasted 14 minutes)

Speaking of Shinsuke it's really sad but if you didn't speaked about him I wouldn't even have noticed he wasn't even on the card last night. I still like him but WWE did a really good job at making me not care about him anymore.

No need to feel sorry, I mean you're a Finn Balor fan so if anyone knows how being let down by WWE feels, it's you and every Finn Balor fan :P It's not even because it's Drew McIntyre that I feel this way, it's more because it blows my mind that even if their lives depended on it they wouldn't be able build a former NXT top star the right way. I don't even know who's the last star they have been able to build greatly ... I would have said Braun Strowman a year and a half ago but that didn't last long. As for Drew, I don't know what they want to do with him honestly since Finn and Ziggler began a rivalry last night, which doesn't even makes sense by the way.

Yeah hopefully we have a few NXT call ups because in my opinion the RAW women roster is terrible and unless they trade Ronda Rousey (which is not happening anytime soon :P ) I don't see who could be a legit contender to Asuka since Ronda isn't moving and Bliss is hurt. 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

Hot damn, I completely forgot TLC was on yesterday, guess that's what happens when you stop watching the product because of how awful it's been.  I won't comment on the PPV for obvious reasons but I know this, the WWE has actually acknowledged (on the air no less) how terrible RAW has been so hopefully Vince is showing up tonight to try and change some things.  Whether or not he changes anything for the better is questionable but hey, admitting there's a problem is something right?

• Like 2

Forgot about TLC

Need to find the results as to what happened.

Well Raw is tonight and Vince is on his way over. I'm hoping they don't do "we know RAW has the lowest ratings ever". There is a difference between self-awareness and stating the obvious and it often feels like they state the obvious just to wash away their faults. Lest we forget  the "This is your life, Bayley" Segment happened. And in a way, it cursed both Baylay and Alexa bliss. Baylay's character is weak and Alexa barely wrestles anymore (though it isn't her fault).

So, aside for my skeptical view on the matter, It has been a weird and fun year. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah and a happy new year.

Just for conversation sake, What do you guys consider the high points and the low points of 2018? (doesn't have to be just one)

6 minutes ago, Splathew said:

He probably just wants to talk about the XFL... ?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised XP

I still remember the video of XFL and just how it sounds like he's trying to convince himself

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I would give anything if Vince hit the ring and without any explanation he just did this

zznRdPU.gif

and then walked away without acknowledging it :P

And no one on the show comments on or mentions it at all. Like it never happened. That'd be awesome (and the best RAW moment in a good while.

13 minutes ago, Splathew said:

He probably just wants to talk about the XFL... ?

Well, it is Vince.

He may come out, crown himself Universal champion and make the show all about himself. 

10 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Just for conversation sake, What do you guys consider the high points and the low points of 2018? (doesn't have to be just one)

High point: Dean turning on Seth (such an incredible set up... then somehow they blew it), KO and Sami pre-wrestlemania storyline, Bayley's assault on Sasha (awesome...then went nowhere), Randy destroying Rey on SD (there's the psycho I love), the rise of Becky & the women TLC last night (yahoo Asuka!!!).

Low point: the murder of Nakamura's career, Roman's illness ( I'm definitely not a fan, but didn't want him out like that), all the injuries, the Suadi stuff (on so many levels), and every minute of Corbin screen time (to me he has always been dreadful).

On a side note: thanks to those who gave me the writers/creative info. I thought it was a core set of writers writing for multiple creative heads instead of seperate writing teams. I generally avoid WWE social media and backstage/offstage info... minus Taz and Cornette's podcast/youtube stuff.

• Like 4

I'll list mine

HIGH Points:

- AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura feud (After wrestlemania) - Their matches were some of the best

- Samoa Joe - Since traded from Raw to SD, Joe has been on a roll. Although he doesn't have a championship belt around his waist, his promos and his matches have been spot on. a good example is his feud with AJ styles.

- Asuka - as @ee28max mentioned, Asuka had won the royal rumble at the beginning of the year and won the SD women's championship at the end of the year.

- Ambrose return and New look - Now this is just personal opinion. I like Dean Ambrose and was happy to see him back in the ring. New look and a new move set, he went from a funny comedic lunatic to a harden brawler. Now with the heel turn, he has a chance to develop. (not to say Faces don't have personality. They do, but Heels can be compelling and you can get a perspective as to why they are what they are).

Low Points:

- "This is your life, Baylay" segment - By far, the worst segment of the year by a country mile.

- Roman Reigns (Joe Anoa'i) vs leukemia - I didn't expect to hear this, let alone see it. The man who is booed day in and day out, only gets cheered when his health is in danger. Hoping the best for him and if he is lucky, he might get cheered when he returns.(I've mentioned this before but look up Kenta Kaboshi - Pro wrestler and cancer survivor - X).

- Nia Jax punching Becky -I don't know about everyone, but I liked Heel Becky lynch (although i liked becky regardless). It saddened me when just before Survivor series, Becky couldn't compete and the fantastic match between Becky and Ronda was no more.

- Paige Retiring - talk about a star rising up out of a dark place to make a comeback, only to be cut short. Now I have stated before that I'm hopeful for Paige's future (and I still am). But at the time, from the nasty relationship of Alberto del Rio/El patron, drugs and the sex tapes, it is nothing but depressing.

- WWE Crown Jewel Controversy

• Like 3

After WWE put on a decent PPV with TLC, I was more than curious to find out what Vince had to say tonight. Needless to say it wasn't anything out of the ordinary and since they are taping the next shows, nothing will happen during the holidays.

I appreciate their attempt to create a new RAW with call-ups and returns, but is it really that wise to talk about how bad things are every week instead of simply writing better stories? Only time will tell if they are truly willing to put more effort into the flagship show again.

The burial of Baron Corbin felt like a continuation or a repeat of his TLC Match against Braun Strowman.

Ziggler vs Balor could have been a highlight, but it was too short. Like @itachi-destroyer I feel sorry for McIntyre. His push was outstanding, but without a heavyweight title to compete for, it went nowhere. The loss to Dolph was unnecessary. Drew kinda lost his momentum there and because of that, the loss to Finn wasn't even shocking anymore. Now they are all pretty much on the same level.

Every time I see Dean Ambrose, I wish Roman would show up and punch some sense into him to end this terrible story between the former Shield brothers. At least Tyler Breeze got an opportunity to fight for the Intercontinental Championship. His match with Ricochet on NXT recently was great.

Speaking of opportunities, The Revival are the new No. 1 Contenders. Let's hope they can finally win some gold. I'm also looking forward to Ronda vs Natalya. That should be a really good match.

7 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

High Points:

- chatting with you guys about one of our favorite hobbies of course ;)
- Asuka and Shinsuke Nakamura winning the Royal Rumble Match
- Daniel Bryan's comeback and long way to the top
- Ronda Rousey - she's a natural in the ring
- "Stone Cold" Becky Lynch becoming a larger than life character
- NXT had some of the best PPVs ever
- NJPW is Jericho

Low Points:

- Roman Reigns' leukemia
- everything regarding the Saudi deal
- Shinsuke Nakamura - his downfall started at WrestleMania. I didn't like the low blow story and his run as US Champion is very boring.
- Dean Ambrose - the heel turn was cool, but the rivalry with Seth Rollins was mediocre at best. I loved their feud back in 2014 though. WWE has so many interesting heels: Samoa Joe, The Miz, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Drew McIntyre, Tommaso Ciampa, The Undisputed Era... Sadly Dean is not on that list (yet).
- Andrade Cien Almas, SAnitY, and others being called up for no reason, since the writers don't have a clue what to do with them.

• Like 3

The McMahon family controlling both RAW and SmackDown was quite equivalent to stating the obvious. I thought by "shake things up" they meant they would do a lot of things for a new change, but I guess removing Corbin's authority power which is just one thing already adjusted some stuff on RAW. I thought they'd announce Alexa Bliss as the new GM of RAW, postponing her in-ring return. Looks like Corbin may want to grow his hair back if he wants to be the Lone Wolf again :P 

Might not have caught up with this since I misheard, but is Ronda Rousey vs Natalya taking place next week or at Royal Rumble? Haven't seen a friendship feud in a long time. For many months when rumors said Natalya was gonna stab Ronda's back. I'm quite excited for SmackDown tonight and hear what Becky Lynch and Charlotte have to say. I'm not crazy or anything like that, but just a little theory (I know may not be true) I came up with - Could Becky and Charlotte team up (well for now at least if they're still gonna feud later) and take down Ronda, leading to herself calling Shayna (and maybe Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke) from NXT for backup? If that's what the fans (excluding me. I never really wanted this but I could take it if the writers pull a trigger on it) wanted for a horsewomen feud and match, maybe this is the theory they should consider.

I admit I was maybe too naive to believe that Renee Young would be included during Seth vs Dean at TLC. If Vince wasn't satisfied about this match (as the reports claim), then why didn't he do something stupid like this? I wasn't expecting an open challenge from Dean because I thought he would turn the midcard into garbage like Shinsuke's US title reign (if anything, I think Andrade "Cien" Almas deserves the US title at this point). These things unfortunately happen when heel turns are activated and ruin careers/pushes.

High Points:

• Japanese Royal Rumble 2018 winners
  • Finn Balor named Royal Rumble 2018 Iron Man (Happy for Sasha Banks too. This just me realise that WWE still has faith in him despite not winning back the Universal champion but this whole thing fluctuates a lot)
  • The introduction of Mixed Match Challenge
  • Elimination Chamber match (women, I really enjoyed it. Might just be me though)
  • Daniel Bryan's in-ring return
  • 2018 is NXT
  • Amazing matches overall (some good ones on 205 Live and others on the show in general)
  • Becky Lynch killing it on almost everything (on Twitter, etc) 
  • Carmella's face turn (so many people hated her as heel (I enjoyed it, I only didn't like how Asuka lost to her, especially twice) saying she couldn't wrestle, now they love her)
  • Dean Ambrose return (right now I'm starting to think he returned at the wrong time and the cause of all of this is the IC title change at WrestleMania 34)
  • @Dr_Mayus's recommendation of the BotchedSpot comics. I've been reading them a lot and I love them so much :) 
  • Conversation with you guys in this thread too ;) (I feel like the participants of this thread have decreased since its creation as years went by before making my debut here but I still love it)  

Low Points:

• The burial of Shinsuke Nakamura's WWE title push (I admit the low blows were funny, but he kept losing despite adjusted stipulations)
  • AJ Styles' repetitive WWE championship competition (for example Shinsuke Nakamura and Samoa Joe)
  • RAW's weekly hardcore repetitive matches
  • Roman Reigns vs Leukemia (what made the things worse is that all the haters are now using his real-life battle to get likes, for example on social media or YouTube comments section)
  • "The way" and "how" Roman Reigns won the Universal title at SummerSlam (it was a real punch to the face as to why didn't just win at WM34 and not make more rematches for him, this also putting even more heat on poor Joe)
  • Paige's retirement (she's on my favorites and didn't expect this at all. I still hope she'll return like Daniel Bryan did, but right now her health is more important and we should just wait for her to be cleared again and hopefully a serious clear because I don't want paralysis on her)
  • So many injuries and concussions (Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Alexa Bliss, etc and now Braun Strowman). I've been hearing that Alexa Bliss will be returning soon and I'm so happy about it. 
  • All the Saudi Arabia controversy (while I admit that GRR was a good PPV, I still hated the deals that Vince made and added more PPVs to the calendar. Only for money :facepalm:)
  • The John Cena vs The Undertaker WM34 feud (especially the match. The build up was good) was a heart breakdown. I would like to see the two come 1v1 again, like at WM35 for the last time. 
  • So many unnecessary heel turns (2018 might just be the year for most heel turns lol), such as Nakamura which lead to the breakdown of SmackDown's midcard, Nia Jax making situations very cringy like her promos recently and using that damn accident to get more heat as a heel which is also an additional cringe, etc. Other heel turns were successful, such as the new Daniel Bryan who is impressing me a lot. 
  • The WWE Universe's complaints, such as begging for Ronda to sign with WWE, only to be hated moments later or months after winning RAW Women's title (when at the end she's only told what to do)  
  • A recent argument and altercation on this thread leading to one not visiting this thread anymore (I won't tag or point fingers to add fuel to the fire), but I'm glad it was resolved and I hope it doesn't happen again because in reality we all have different opinions. 
  • I also hated the fact when MMC season 2 began, they treated MMC season 1, calling it last year when it was just this year.
    _____

Some awesome pics of this year to share with you guys:

DuoOpUiWoAEjQWG.jpg:large

Carmella being the only woman (I could be wrong but I somehow doubt it) to participate and compete on all Big 4 PPVs this year.

Dt1y9fBXQAAJ16J.jpg:large

Some of Becky's most savage tweets and photos. This one killed me :lol: I've also seen recently at TLC match, people talking about Asuka's face resting on Charlotte's boobs after getting speared through the barricades that didn't break. The internet nowadays :lol: 

This is my favorite place on this site and it's because of you guys. Thank you so much <3

Sorry for the long post :ninja: 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

Low Points:

- "This is your life, Baylay" segment - By far, the worst segment of the year by a country mile.

I believe this segment was from 2017. I might be the only one here who didn't see it yet but I've watched their feud. I'll watch the segment later. 

• Like 1

@Jesaya815 basically resumed what I was going to say about RAW. There is no need to "admit" the show is bad, the only thing they need to do is focus on making the show better.

They said that they were going to listen to the fans and quite frankly I don't know if it's such a good idea, they are the ones running the business so they have to make the decisions. Moreover, even if they were listening to the fans the audience will never be 100% satisfied because each person feels differently, and that would result in the fact that those that are not fans favorite would never get a chance to shine and there is also the fact that the title would change hands every week :P 

Now concerning RAW, even though the show was clearly better than the last 2 weeks it was still not a good show imo, at least I got the chance to see Lashley's ass once again... My favourite moment was when they showed which NXT superstar was going to get called up and I'm excited to see what they are going to do with Nikki Cross. Nikki Cross should go on Smackdown in my opinion and just give her an awesome start with a battle with Asuka at Wrestlemania. 

Lars Sullivan should go to RAW because the show is in a terrible need of a physically dominating heel and finally, EC3 would be better suited to a show like smackdown in my opinion but we'll see.

HIGH POINTS OF 2018 :

- This topic because I love talking with you and reading everyone's opinion and predictions :D 

- NXT. NXT as always been great but this year was even better (Ciampa/Gargano feud, the excellent Takeovers, the rise of future stars, the matches and storylines...)

- Randy Orton returning in the ring and turning heel

- The long overdue rise of Becky Lynch

- Asuka FINALLY winning a title

- Smackdown almost never disappointing me

- Aleister Black vs Velveteen Dream with their unforgettable match at Takeover. My match of the year !

LOW POINTS OF 2018 :

- RAW. The total opposite of NXT, bad shows, bad PPVs, bad storylines, bad matches, bad booking, ridiculous segments, wasting 3 hours of my time almost every week...

- Some of my favourite superstars being wasted. Mainly Asuka because a title change isn't writing off all the sh*t they did to her, Samoa Joe not being shown as a top superstar even though he constantly shows that he is one of their best workers in every way possible, Shinsuke Nakamura being buried, The Revival becoming jobbers, Kevin Owens being used the worst possible way when they could have used the fact that he headbutted Vince McMahon as a reason to make him a star (just looking at how he was used in NXT as opposed to the main roster pains me, he was a dominant heel not a coward. It's like they turned "fight owens fight" with "run owens run" ...) and finally the fact that they ruined the perfect booking of McIntyre.

- All the wasted heel turns

- Braun Strowman. Once a huge attraction for me, now I barely want to see him anymore.

- The fact that after all these years we are still having Brock Lesnar in the possible main event of Wrestlemania

- The fans ruining shows and PPV with their stupid "what" chant and beach ball games.

- Vince still running and ruining shows.

- The fact that John Cena is no longer an active wrestler. Yeah I'm one of the few weird adult that liked John Cena :P 

- The fact that the PPVs fused. Now we have long and boring PPVs with a lot of useless matches and some stars can't get a little bit of spotlight because of that. 

- Vince trying to convince people that RAW is the better show by never giving the WWE Championship match the place it deserved on the cards : The main event.

- Randy Orton being wasted for years. (Yeah it might sound strange to read that but I really feel this way. They use him correctly every now and then but most of the time they are not doing anything relevant for him but I'm totally biased considering he is my favourite superstar of all time :P )

• Like 3

I just saw the spoilers and some videos about next week's RAW and it's garbage. I'm not even going to bother watching the show, I'll just watch 

Spoiler

Paul Heyman

segment on youtube and that's it. 

Seems like all their promesses last night were shit. They said they were listening to the fans but I don't know where they heard anyone wanting to make McIntyre lose week after week to Ziggler and Balor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I just saw the spoilers and some videos about next week's RAW and it's garbage. I'm not even going to bother watching the show, I'll just watch 

Reveal hidden contents

Paul Heyman

Seems like all their promesses last night were shit. They said they were listening to the fans but I don't know where they heard anyone wanting to make McIntyre lose week after week to Ziggler and Balor.

Yeah, the results sound horrible. They know no one is going to tune in next week and apparently didn't even try to give the people in the arena at least something special. Not the best idea to guarantee changes when the holidays are right around the corner. Merry Christmas, Vince! Here is your present, another low rating if not the lowest rating of all time :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Hide contents

Paul Heyman

Wow, that's something terrible on Christmas eve. 

It's insulting to see superstars stuck in just random feuds or in the same week after week. Finn Balor's been like that for over a year now and I'm afraid Drew will be as well. You were right about the fans as the authority being a huge mistake. People have different opinions and views to how they see things. If the McMahons aren't reversing the decision then who knows where the titles will be and who'll be in possession of them. 

Above all that, I'm afraid SmackDown will turn into garbage now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Wow, that's something terrible on Christmas eve. 

It's insulting to see superstars stuck in just random feuds or in the same week after week. Finn Balor's been like that for over a year now and I'm afraid Drew will be as well. You were right about the fans as the authority being a huge mistake. People have different opinions and views to how they see things. If the McMahons aren't reversing the decision then who knows where the titles will be and who'll be in possession of them. 

Above all that, I'm afraid SmackDown will turn into garbage now. 

Yeah Finn has not won anything since his return from injury at the beginning of April 2017 that's crazy. I certainly hope Drew doesn't suffer from this kind of booking. 

And now that you mention it I really hope they don't change change anything on Smackdown live, they shouldn't try to fix what's not broken. But at least they didn't mention NXT, just imagine the nightmare it would be if NXT was suddenly directed by Vince :P 

• Like 2

Watched TLC last night and I'm just gonna say it, Charlotte has evolved into possibly the greatest female worker of all time.  I get it that fatigue has set in with her title reigns and always being on top but she's earned it.  Every time she's in a high profile PPV match she delivers and the Charlotte/Becky feud is right up there, if not better than Trish/Lita.  One day I wanna see a true Charlotte/Ronda feud, just not quite yet.

• Like 3

I'm still not convinced that anything will change. "The McMahon's have their power back"? They never lost their power. Baron Corbin wasn't the problem, Paige wasn't the problem. It's Vince. I know this is what everyone in the wrestling community says, but It's true. Vince was a visionary in his heyday, a true trailblazer that hit his creative peak in 1997 to 2004-ish. But that time is long over. If I had any question I could ask Vince McMahon, it would be, "When did you lose the passion for the wrestling business?" Because nobody can debate that WWE is at an all time low, creatively and interest wise, and Vince is the one who pens/approves each show, and if he actually believes those were good episodes, then he has really fallen far from that peak he hit in the attitude era. 

• Like 2

I was quite surprised to hear them announce that Mustafa Ali is now a permanent member of SmackDown. I have to say I'm happy for him, he was my favorite in 205 Live to begin with. Asuka is getting back to where she should've been and if they wanted to keep her streak alive until now, then why didn't they just let Carmella cash in at WrestleMania right away, other than let her lose to her twice (which was used a meme for a while), but I'm also proud of Carmella's accomplishments for this year. She was really hated now they love her. 

Again, this whole thing regarding with the McMahons is scarring me. Hoping SmackDown will not end up as RAW.  

Paige staying on SmackDown leads to some desperate fans speculating her return at the Royal Rumble 2019. 

• Like 3