The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Damn, the Women's Tag Team Championships look absolutely beautiful. B)

3fiJZ37.jpg

RAW was pretty decent this week. Sure, a lot of the stuff is still the same old same old (like the usual Six-Women Tag Match, Rollins/Ambrose, The Revival vs The Lucha House Party for the fifth time in eight weeks…), but they are slowly trying to do some different things as well.

The opening segment was a good way to get Strowman out of the title picture. I'm happy for Finn Balor. He's probably not gonna win the Universal Championship, but at least he finally has an opportunity to fight Brock Lesnar.

I really like the Royal Rumble Card this year, although I hope that Becky Lynch will also be in the Women's Royal Rumble and not be treated like Daniel Bryan in 2014, where he only fought Bray Wyatt, but wasn't part of the Battle Royal. Same goes for AJ Styles, who was even rumored to potentially win the Rumble, before the WWE Championship Match was announced.

• Like 3

RAW was indeed much better this week (it's not like it was really a hard thing to considering how terrible the previous weeks/months were) I enjoyed most of the show and I'm really happy that they finally gave something to Bobby Lashley. This guy should be pushed way harder but an IC championship run isn't a bad thing and it could help him becoming a better star while he is in the upper-card. I also liked seeing Nikki Cross but it was weird to see her with Bayley and Natalya. I really hope she ends up on Smackdown though.

Now concerning the Fatal-4-Way I don't really care about what happened, in fact I was hoping that Drew didn't win because it is obvious it's just going to be a filler match for Lesnar since he is obviously not losing his title before Wrestlemania so it's not a bad thing Balor won. Fans have been asking for an eternity to see Lesnar vs Bryan and Lesnar vs Balor and WWE is giving the fans these two match in a really short amount of time so fans will finally be able to stop asking for those and be thankful that WWE finally listened for once.

I must admit that I'm not the biggest Balor fan (a huge part of that is because of his booking but it would help if he wasn't always smiling like an idiot/Apollo Crews and stopped doing his weird thing with his jacket) but I'm interested in his championship opportunity agaisnt Lesnar.

I don't think there is any way he wins the Universal Championship but if they let him have some offense against Lesnar it could help him leaving the match as a much bigger star by looking strong in defeat... Or they could just make him job to Lesnar and piss everyone lol :P 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

The Women's Tag Team Championship titles are indeed beautiful @Jesaya815 :D 

RAW was amazing. I was so afraid for Braun Strowman losing to Brock Lesnar once again to Brock Lesnar, so writing him off the title picture was a good way and probably continue his recovering arm rehab. Finn Balor might not win, but at least he's finally getting an opportunity at a PPV for the Universal title. 

Would've liked to see Dean Ambrose hold on to the IC title a little longer and I liked how he was defending the title on RAW for several weeks in a row, after the inactive clause we witnessed when Seth Rollins had the title. Now that Bobby Lashley has a title, I have a bold prediction that John Cena could be the one winning the title by defeating him and thus becoming Grand Slam champion after a very long time for missing out. 

Thought the Women's tag titles would come in action at WrestleMania or SummerSlam, but now I guess they came in early. 

• Like 3

Smackdown was awesome. I really like the way things are going in the blue brand and even though I wasn't a fan of The Miz and Shane being a tag team I think that they have done a wonderful job at making them look like a real team with a real friendship (who knows, they might even be friends backstage) and I wouldn't mind them becoming tag team champions to shake things up a little bit. The Bar, The Usos and The New Day are really good but a change in the division is long overdue.

Asuka and Becky killed it and I can't wait to see their match.

Andrade (f*ck that stupid name change) vs Rey Mysterio was awesome but I'm not sure about the timing of this feud, it would be cool if it could last until Wrestlemania but I don't think that's likely. Either way, I hope they are going to make this a good rivalry and make Andrade shine at the end of the feud.

The only thing I didn't really like about the show was Samoa Joe vs Mustafa Ali. I really hope they don't turn this into a rivalry because Samoa Joe has nothing to gain and everything to lose in this feud. He should be built like a top star and feud for a world title or be world champion but no, they have still not pull the trigger on him being a monster heel for whatever reasons...

Next week is going to be amazing between the final Raw and Smackdown finalizing the hype for the RR, NXT Takeover and The Royal Rumble.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Smackdown was awesome. I really like the way things are going in the blue brand and even though I wasn't a fan of The Miz and Shane being a tag team I think that they have done a wonderful job at making them look like a real team with a real friendship (who knows, they might even be friends backstage) and I wouldn't mind them becoming tag team champions to shake things up a little bit. The Bar, The Usos and The New Day are really good but a change in the division is long overdue.

Asuka and Becky killed it and I can't wait to see their match.

Andrade (f*ck that stupid name change) vs Rey Mysterio was awesome but I'm not sure about the timing of this feud, it would be cool if it could last until Wrestlemania but I don't think that's likely. Either way, I hope they are going to make this a good rivalry and make Andrade shine at the end of the feud.

The only thing I didn't really like about the show was Samoa Joe vs Mustafa Ali. I really hope they don't turn this into a rivalry because Samoa Joe has nothing to gain and everything to lose in this feud. He should be built like a top star and feud for a world title or be world champion but no, they have still not pull the trigger on him being a monster heel for whatever reasons...

Next week is going to be amazing between the final Raw and Smackdown finalizing the hype for the RR, NXT Takeover and The Royal Rumble.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts of Smackdown :)

I didn't like this idea of Shane and The Miz as a team either, but the story is starting to grow on me. Mizanin does everything in his power to create chicken salad out of chicken shit once again.

Unnecessary name change aside, it's great to see Andrade and Zelina getting more TV time every week. His match with Rey was absolutely fantastic. Both tore the house down and thankfully Mysterio did the job. That's what these legends should always do. Cena did it for Balor on Monday, now Rey did it for Almas.

Andrade could be next in line for a United States Championship after the Royal Rumble and then who knows. Maybe he will face Rey at WrestleMania. Maybe it will be a Multi-Man Ladder Match with Rusev, Nakamura, Jeff Hardy, Mustafa Ali, Samoa Joe, and R-Truth. Depending on where EC3 ends up, he could be thrown into the mix as well.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2019 at 6:22 PM, skidmarkgn said:

Sounds like the WWE offered Cody and the Bucks a king's ransom to work for them and were declined.  AEW might be a legit threat.

Or Cody knows Vince will try to jam him back into being Stardust again so screw that.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, jackmadrox said:

So who wants to create The AEW Discussion Thread? 

I think we should post here until double or nothing in May. 

As for RAW and Smackdown: I though both shows were good (Smackdown doesn't usually have problem, but RAW is getting better in baby steps)

I only had 3 real grips:

1) the NXT callups nonsense (especially Heavy M).

2) the whole Naomi/Mandy thing is just dreadfully bad.

3) Cena eating the loss to Finn. Hear me out: It is not because i love Cena (I do! Been a big fan for a longtime and he is my 6th all time fave). Likewise, I have nothing against Finn (been wanting him back at the top where he belongs). My problem is that in this Cena/McIntyre feud that I want McIntyre to defeat a prime Cena and get stregthened as heel. I wanted Corbin to eat the pin while Cena and McIntyre were outside destroying each other. Have Cena win the IC at RR or EC to get his overdue Grand Slam and then have him destroy Cena for the belt.

It'd get Drew as a supetstar and a beast, lay ground work for hom to main event mania 2020 plus it'd put fire back into the IC title.

Edited by MySenkai
  • Like 1

I believe John Cena needs to move on to something else. It was such a hero move for him helping both Becky Lynch and Finn Balor get over and it's still in the same month. I agree as mentioned above that he needs to stop taking pins often. He should probably do something before winning the IC championship for his long overdue Grand Slam title, this to allow Bobby Lashley have a longer and better reign. Heard many rumors about Finn Balor possibly being The Undertaker's opponent at WrestleMania 35, but I have doubts about it. Instead of just having the man retire and not go through more to further hurt his hips, maybe John Cena should help this out with a rematch. Just saying though. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2019 at 3:54 PM, ee28max said:

I believe John Cena needs to move on to something else. It was such a hero move for him helping both Becky Lynch and Finn Balor get over and it's still in the same month. I agree as mentioned above that he needs to stop taking pins often. He should probably do something before winning the IC championship for his long overdue Grand Slam title, this to allow Bobby Lashley have a longer and better reign. Heard many rumors about Finn Balor possibly being The Undertaker's opponent at WrestleMania 35, but I have doubts about it. Instead of just having the man retire and not go through more to further hurt his hips, maybe John Cena should help this out with a rematch. Just saying though. 

I heard some rumours about Drew McIntyre vs The Undertaker and Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 35. But since WWE started to give Finn Bálor a push, it'll turn out Seth Rollins vs Finn Bálor for the Universal Title at WrestleMania 35. I don't think WWE wants to lose Finn to AEW and Lesnar's previous reign was awful. This year though, women's will Main Event the Mania. It would be sick to see Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey (which will happen imo because of not competing at Survivor Series thanks to Nia), or even include Charlotte for a Triple Thread match to make this a lot interesting.

• Like 1

R!-K!!-O!!! :)

...and that's how you end a good show before a PPV.

19 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

So...What was Ronda's promo?

I often wonder if it is her or the script writer.

I think it was scripted (a lot of awkward pauses) but the hair thing was...odd.

Not sure what they are going for at the moment with the Universal Championship. It is clear that whoever will finally beat Brock Lesnar 1on1 is the face of Raw in the future, or at least a strong candidate for it, yet I don't see Braun Strowman, Seth Rollins or Finn Balor suited for that role. Braun is more of a new age masked Kane, a monster that is supposed to be a thread to the champion every now and then, but is not really supposed to win the championship because he does not need it. Seth Rollins is a great talent, but he has proven to be too injury prone to carry the company on his back. Finn Balor is quickly approaching 40 years of age, does not have the look the company wants for its biggest star and they spent the last months ruining his credibility, so him beating Brock would be a huge waste. On Raw, I only really see Drew stepping up and dethroning Lesnar, but he pretty much needs to win the Royal Rumble for that and i don't think they deem him ready for such a big push yet.

They really have done a piss poor job building up their roster, they sacrificed so much to make Roman Reigns their big star and then he is out of the picture now. They buried formerly credible stars like Kevin Owens so deep that it feels like whatever decision they are making has to be underwhelming in the end.

• Like 3

You are right about that, they are getting anyone they can, even guys that would never go to AEW. Hell they even signed Walter, Ringgeneral, one of the most underrated wrestlers on the planet in my opinion, for NXT UK. For anyone not familiar with this stiff bastard, he is pretty much a bigger, meaner and austrian version of William Regel and the fact that they signed him is probably gonna be harmful to these wimps from the UK. Here is a quick video from Whatculture to show what Walter is all about:

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 1

Well the Royal Rumble is this weekend. So time for my 'revised' who I think will win/who I want to win when it comes to the Royal Rumble match itself.

Men:

Who I want to win: Roman Reigns. John Cena.

Who I think will win: Braun Strowman or Seth Rollins

Women:

Who I want to win: Bayley or maybe Ember Moon

Who I think will win: Charlotte Flair or Becky Lynch (to set up match with Ronda Rousey)

• Like 2

Royal Rumble Predicitons:

Kickoff: WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Fatal 4-Way Match - Buddy Murphy vs Akira Tozawa vs Hideo Itami vs Kalisto
Winner: Buddy Murphy

Not much to say to this. Buddy is doing an excellent job as the top guy of 205 Live and I think he's not going to lose his Championship anytime soon.

Kickoff: WWE United States Championship Match - Rusev vs Shinsuke Nakamura
Winner: Rusev

Rusev and Shinsuke have a great chemistry together. Their match at Crown Jewel was top-notch, as was the one on Christmas. Not sure why this rematch is happening though. WWE dropped automatic rematches back in December. As a result of that, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, and Becky Lynch, they all had to win matches to earn themselves another title shot. Yet the only thing Nakamura did was giving Lana a piggyback ride. Good old WWE logic…

WWE Smackdown Women's Championship Match - Asuka vs Becky Lynch
Winner: Asuka

I have been waiting for a one-on-one match between these two ever since Asuka was promoted to the main roster. The only thing I don't like about is the timing, because it is unclear if Lynch will be in the Battle Royal. That is if she doesn't win the Championship here. Anyhow, I hope that Asuka retains the Women's title - maybe due to outside interference - and Becky finds her way into the Rumble.

WWE RAW Women's Championship Match - Ronda Rousey vs Sasha Banks
Winner: Ronda Rousey

Another dream match to check off the list. It's about time that Ronda goes toe to toe with one of the best, after she had to work with the likes of Stephanie, Nia Jax, Tamina, and The Bella Twins. Sasha won't be able to defeat Rousey of course, but she will give the former UFC star a run for her money.

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match - The Bar vs Shane McMahon & The Miz
Winners: Shane McMahon & The Miz

Yeah, it might be too early for Shane and Mizanin to win Tag Team gold right away (it took them literally three months to form a real team - talk about long term booking). However, the titles have to change hands eventually, if they want to continue this storyline. It could very well happen on Sunday to give the "Mizmahons" a short reign until Elimination Chamber or Fastlane.

WWE Universal Championship Match - Brock Lesnar vs Finn Balor
Winner: Brock Lesnar

Fortunately Braun is out and Balor is in. Strowman isn't as interesting as he used to be. They wasted him in every possible way. Furthermore, he lost to Brock too many times to still be a credible contender. The Beast Incarnate vs The Demon King is a far more intriguing matchup. Brock enjoys working with smaller guys such as Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles. So, this should be a good one too.

WWE Championship Match - Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles
Winner: Daniel Bryan

I'm picking Daniel Bryan, but to be honest, it could go either way. Daniel reinvented himself and became a terrific heel. No one expected him to be this damn good. The problem is, who could be Bryan's opponent at WrestleMania? There aren't enough believable good guys on Smackdown for such an important spot. AJ on the other hand changed his demeanor as well. Vince wanted to see the "real" AJ Styles and got his wish granted. It's in the realm of possibility that he leaves with the WWE title.

30-Man Royal Rumble Match
Winner: Seth Rollins

I would love to see Drew McIntyre or The Miz winning this year's Royal Rumble Match, but my prediction goes to Seth Rollins. They planted the seeds with him calling out Lesnar every now and then. Seth also already carries RAW on his shoulders. The least they can do is to finally give Rollins the Universal Championship soon and fully build the show around him.

30-Women Royal Rumble Match
Winner: Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch

There is no doubt that Charlotte is favored to win, because it was the plan all along. As mentioned above though, Becky simply has to be in this match. It wouldn't be wise to keep her out of the Rumble and risk a fan outrage, similar to the one in 2014. Plus, Becky is currently the hottest babyface in the company. People want to see her fight Ronda since the match got cancelled. Rousey even spoke to Vince about the subject and wants to work with The Man at WrestleMania. With that being said, either Charlotte, Becky, or both will win.

• Like 2

My Royal Rumble Predictions:

Kickoff: WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Fatal 4-Way Match - Buddy Murphy vs Akira Tozawa vs Hideo Itami vs Kalisto
Winner: Hideo Itami

Rest of the wrestlers on the card carried Cruiserweight title, but not Itami. Plus he's doing pretty well in my opinion. I like his style (he hits really hard to his opponents) but he doesn't get what he deserves. It's time for Hideo to rise and he can prove everyone wrong who doesn't see him as a championship material.

It wasn't long time ago since Rusev captured the title for third time. Although management said the previous champion won't get a title rematch easily, Nakamura was granted with a rematch. Since the PPV will happen at Rusev Day and Rusev started to gain momentum, it will be no surprise if he retains United States Championship. (Poor Nakamura, I really loved his Strongstyle and the charisma back in NJPW and now look how he gets booked. At least they could make the feud against AJ more interesting rather then hitting Low Blows)

Asuka finally got what she deserved at TLC. She was terribly booked after she got called up for Main Roster (after Wrestlemania 34 where she failed to capture the title 2 times and then taged up with Naomi...). And for Becky, she's The Man. She became one of the hottest thing in WWE after her heel turn. But for this match, Asuka will retain the title but eh remember? She still has an unfinished business with Ronda Rousey so this match will plant the seeds for her participating in Women's Royal Rumble Match.

This one is pretty straight forward. Although Banks proved that Banks Statement works and same fate will await Ronda, this won't work. Ronda will keep the title until Wrestlemania 35 where she'll eventually drop the title.

The Miz & Shane McMahon got the perfect reaction... But too early. I can admit that they can become a great duo. It's kinda obvious that The Miz & Shane McMahon will going to defeat The Bar and capture the title. After that The Miz can make his dad proud.

WWE Universal Championship Match - Brock Lesnar vs Finn Bálor

This match's result is totally depends on Finn Bálor's appearance. If he shows up with his alter ego than Lesnar has no chance. But he will appear casually with BC4E gimmick. He kinda spoiled that he won't appear as Demon in one of the podcast's and saying like "We still have 6 days, I'll perhaps come up with something". While this match might get scheduled for keeping Braun safe and making Braun vs. Brock happen at sometime in future but we shall see. Bálor has to capture the title but sad fact is he'll be another victim for Suplex City and F-5 (Brock's like Deathstroke from Injustice where he constantly spams his guns. Brock spams German Suplexes so...).

Daniel Bryan totally changed, from being the underdog to reaching out to the big achievement by "Believe in yourself" mention and "YES!" Movement (which is dead) , he was totally a fan favorite. Until that night when he hit the Low Blow and Running Knee. He totally changed and so some people were feeling cold to him which caused him to repeat FICKLE, FICKLE, FICKLE! He's a guy nowadays saying everyone on this planet is IGNORANT, eating hotdogs, causing North Pole to melt... A permanent Earth's champion... This night he'll survive as WWE Champion but it will be the last match that he'll retain the title. Yeah he's a good heel, killed everything about "YES!" movement but he has to remember that he'll be facing with AJ Styles that who'll get more aggressive each time.

The Architect... will... Burn it Down! He was close to getting that title long time ago until Triple-H hitting him with a Pedigree and granting Owens to claim the title. Rollins became Grandslammer and was hanging out with Intercontinental Championship up until now. Since Bobby Lashley won the Intercontinental Championship, he can reach to the bigger stars on the sky. He's been more aggressive in this period. More eager to burn everything that's  an obstacle for him. Plus, He has the potential for becoming the face of WWE. He has talent, good body shape (so McIntyre does too), character play and microphone skills. He has to shine again and the way making him shine is making him win the Royal Rumble. We can even see Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar in Wrestlemania 35. I would want to see Drew winning the Men's Royal Rumble but that won't happen... For now. The future is Rollins.

Winner: Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch

Remember what I said about Becky earlier on? Same applies to Charlotte. She also has an unsettled business with Ronda Rousey but here's the thing. Charlotte already had many opportunities in past. So if she wins the Royal Rumble, some fans might criticize her heavily. And so they can do the same for Becky (Losing an opportunity and then entering to Rumble and winning...) Although Becky is my favorite wrestler I will say they will both land to the floor at the same time and the scenario when both Lex Luger & Bret Hart have won the Royal Rumble in 1994 will happen on this night too.

• Like 2

RoyalRumble_2019_logo--48da8943da5cfe6224b03c3d410c8f16.png

Royal Rumble 2019

Predictions

Winner: Buddy Murphy (c)

205 Live's been fun to watch for the previous weeks and now they new star Humberto Carrillo has got some huge potential, even the Cruiserweight champion himself showed some respect after exiting his match. The newbie even defeated Gran Metalik this week. Buddy Murphy won't be losing the title anytime soon, hence, he'll retain the title. 

Winner: Rusev (c)

I still don't understand why Shinsuke Nakamura got his automatic rematch here, but whatever. Rusev won't lose the title, so he'll have a run. Maybe his next opponents could be Samoa Joe, Andrade, Mustafa Ali (hopefully Tye Dilinger), etc. Shinsuke's heel run became boring. Up to this day I still don't get the point of the heel turn when he failed at the beginning. 

Winner: Asuka (c)

Asuka won the title at TLC and she deserves a longer run and also more competition to build her up after some disappointments in 2018. If this match is pushed to one of the first matches on the PPV, then it's obvious that Becky Lynch will be in the Royal Rumble match later the night. 

Winner: Sasha Banks

I don't know why, but there's just a little something in me that says Sasha Banks will be winning this Sunday. For a few weeks I've had this theory of the 4HW coming to beat down Ronda Rousey while the referee is knocked down, and then advantage Sasha Banks to win and perhaps have a 4HW showdown at WrestleMania other than what so many people believe about the Becky Lynch/Ronda Rousey/Charlotte Flair angle at WrestleMania. At the end that's just me. I know I could be really wrong.  

I doubt one of the two turning their backs on each other. This team will last a little longer, so they'll work together to win the titles. The ring gear might another story in the process but that doesn't matter. For weeks I also had thoughts of The Miz winning the Royal Rumble 2019 but now it seems unlikely because of the build up of this match.

Winner: Daniel Bryan (c)

When feuds like this begin, they typically last longer. A few weeks ago when they had a Fatal 5-way match to determine the No.1 contender for the WWE Championship match at Royal Rumble I thought anyone that isn't AJ Styles would win. So, this feud's been entertaining. Lots of food being wasted, involving Vince McMahon (I know he'll be involved in this match too), etc. 

Winner: Brock Lesnar (c)

Again, just me being stubborn. There could be a chance Finn Balor walking out as champion and have his WrestleMania moment other than seeing Brock Lesnar once again, but there are some doubts. If Finn unleashes the Demon we shouldn't keep our hopes up yet, because The Beast could still dethrone him. 

Well, I am convinced. I had a few superstars in mind, but no more. The advertising video of Royal Rumble 2019 shows Seth Rollins in the thumbnail, he cut a promo this week and beat Drew McIntyre, so he'll rise above and point at the WrestleMania 35 sign (can't wait to see it unveiled even if I already know what it looks like). It could be him, Dean Ambrose, Drew McIntyre and maybe a surprise superstar as the runner-up or final survivors in the ring. Hoping I see some NXT superstars like EC3, and more and some returns, like Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Bray Wyatt, etc. Don't what'll happen to R-Truth, but something just tells me he might not make it to his #30 spot. It could be an attack from backstage by an unknown superstar to be revealed later on, or he could be eliminated out of the ring from the outside, kinda like how Stone Cold Steve Austin stole the Royal Rumble in 1998. 

Winner: ...(sigh) Becky Lynch/Charlotte Flair

I'm not copying anyone's predictions, but the whole internet is talking about this, and it would be plain stupid if one person in the world (that's me) has a different prediction and eventually turns out right to shut down the overrated rumors. If the 4HW angle doesn't happen during Ronda Rousey vs Sasha Banks, then maybe we'll have a controversial finish to the Women's Rumble match. Same ones we've seen previously, like the Lex Luger/Bret Hart at Royal Rumble 1994, or have a result demand like the Batista/John Cena at Royal Rumble 2005. I'm excited to see Alexa Bliss back, so I know she'll be one of the last survivors of the match. Carmella is the one I know who'll keep her #30 spot and also have a lucky chance to be one of the final survivors. With Lacey Evans and Nikki Cross entering the match, I also hope to see Candice LeRae enter and finally give her best shot since being sidelined for so many weeks on NXT. Probably fewer legends will return to the Rumble. We might have some return for a while to feud for the Women's Tag Team championships at Elimination Chamber though. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 2

Winner: Buddy Murphy

I'm not watching 205 Live but I know the booking tends to be consistent and Buddy Murphy seems to be their poster boy at the moment so there is no reason for him to lose.

This feud is so silly I'm almost always skipping it. Rusev is bland af as a face and Shinsuke Nakamura is just being buried week after week so Rusev retain.

I have been dreaming about a match between my 2 favourite (active) women on the roster and it finally here. On top of that, the result could go either way with this one and I like this unpredictability. I think Asuka will retain somehow, but I just hope it's not because of an interference because I want her to leave this match looking stronger than ever. At the same time they can't make Becky look weak so I don't know how they are going to manage this but I'm just going to hope that both women look even better after their match. This match could be the match of the night so I really hope they deliver.

Sasha Banks and Bayley are at a point on their career where they don't matter anymore and only have a bit of credibility because they are a part of the four horsewomen. (kind of like Dean Ambrose with The Shield) I hope Rousey beat Sasha Banks quickly because the longer this match goes the more opportunies Sasha Banks can botch (again) and injure her.

Winners: The Bar

I know it seems weird but I don't think The Miz and Shane are going to leave as the winners, at least not yet. I feel bad for The Bar because each and every time they lose against stupid teams (Strowman and the kid) or in a way where they just don't look strong. This time I want them to beat the hell out of Shane and The Miz and let this feud continue a little more.

Even though I really don't like Daniel Bryan I have to say that he is much more interesting as a heel. (If they could get rid of saying "The new" Daniel Bryan it would be great though) is title run is only beginning in my opinion so he should retain. Now the real question is how, I believe it will be via an interference of Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels or someone else who is close to the McMahon family. I like what they have been doing with AJ Styles recently, it's great to see his character getting a little less stale.

Brock Lesnar. Finn could even bring the demon that I wouldn't "believe" in him beating Lesnar. After all Samoa Joe already defeated The Demon (NXT Takeover : The End) so I don't really know why everyone think he is unbeatable :P  Anyway, Brock must keep his title, it would be stupid for him to lose it right now. The best that can happen to Finn Balor is leaving the match looking like a much better superstar by looking strong in defeat.

Everything is pointing towards him winning the rumble... I sincerely hope he doesn't win because I don't have any interest in him as face and I'm just tired of former Shield guys getting every opportunities when they are not more worthy than other wrestlers.

If I had to choose it would be either Drew McIntyre, AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. (John Cena would have made the list he if was still in the rumble)

There is also the fact that there is no need for Rollins to win the Rumble to face Brock Lesnar. The story is already in place so just give the RR victory to someone else.

Winner: Becky Lynch

I know I talked a few weeks/months ago about Becky and Charlotte both facing Rousey at Wrestemania but I've changed my mind. (I still think it's possible but I don't know I have a feeling the match will be one on one.) So my pick is Becky Lynch. Even though Charlotte could win too I think Becky Lynch is just so over with the WWE Universe that it would be stupid to not capitulize on that. What better way than making her vs Rousey a one on one match with Becky handing the first loss to Ronda Rousey in WWE ? I would be really surprised if someone that isn't Becky or Charlotte ends up winning the Rumble.

That's it for my predictions. The card seems interesting but with most of the results being so predictable I don't know if I'll be able to enjoy the RR matches.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Brock Lesnar. Finn could even bring the demon that I wouldn't "believe" in him beating Lesnar. After all Samoa Joe already defeated The Demon (NXT Takeover : The End) so I don't really know why everyone think he is unbeatable :P  Anyway, Brock must keep his title, it would be stupid for him to lose it right now. The best that can happen to Finn Balor is leaving the match looking like a much better superstar by looking strong in defeat.

Oh yes, I am already aware about The Demon already having lost a match at TakeOver The End by Samoa Joe. People probably look at it as the main roster stuff, but if it's overall then he did lose before. The McMahons taking authority is just to give more opportunities but on the contrary, there are still some typical things we see :P It's also logical for Brock to win and probably lose at WrestleMania, or maybe win again in a shocking moment. :lol: 

Right now I agree that this should just be another great solid match added to Brock's history. This match should resemble Brock Lesnar vs AJ Styles (Survivor Series 2017) and/or Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan (Survivor Series 2018) and many great past Brock matches, such as the ones against The Undertaker back in 2015 and 2003. 

• Like 2