The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

OMG I just have to say it "3 days in a row!?" I just can't stop getting mind fucked.

It turns out that the Ultimate warrior died today in arizona at the age of 54.

http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2014/04/uh-triple-h-just-announced-death-ultimate-warrior/

I really wish I was lying, but apparently it seams true.

Edited by DarknessKey92

OMG I just have to say it "3 days in a row!?" I just can't stop getting mind fucked.

It turns out that the Ultimate warrior died today in arizona at the age of 45.

http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2014/04/uh-triple-h-just-announced-death-ultimate-warrior/

I really wish I was lying, but apparently it seams true.

well you are lying because he was 54 not 45 ^_^

Bottom line is if you want to live a long life, don't become a professional wrestler.

I'm amazed how many many former wrestlers die so young.The steroids, bumps and performing 300+ days a year has a habit of shortening too many lives.

I'm glad he had his day and was there for the induction. RIP

So far, there are reports that he clutched his chest while collapsing, so might be a massive heart attack.

Damn it, this makes me so f'ing sad, he seemed so happy.

Thats horrible considering he was just inducted into the HOF. I've read from several sources that he possibly could have committed suicide but I know thats a load of bull

Not gonna pretend like I was a fan of the man or ignore the things he did during his prime that caused all the ruckus in the first place.  That being said, I feel for his family.  His two girls losing their father is a terrible thing and my heart goes out to them.

Not gonna pretend like I was a fan of the man or ignore the things he did during his prime that caused all the ruckus in the first place.  That being said, I feel for his family.  His two girls losing their father is a terrible thing and my heart goes out to them.

Not only that, his mother outlived him :(

First of all, Ultimate Warrior was definetely a big part in shaping the then WWF, and he will be remembered.

Second of all. Brock breaking the streak is just utter crap. Not only is he unworthy because of how he treated the company in the first place, but the match, the build up, all of it was just so lackluster.

It should have been either been a very loyal, long standing veteran, or a new guy pushed to the top. Not Brock.

Brock breaking the streak is just utter crap. Not only is he unworthy because of how he treated the company in the first place, but the match, the build up, all of it was just so lackluster.

It should have been either been a very loyal, long standing veteran, or a new guy pushed to the top. Not Brock.

Brock was actually the perfect guy to do it. He's a part time heel. He breaks the streak and becomes the most hated guy in the company. Since he's part time, the hate won't wear off. Where if it was a full time heel, eventually people just won't care anymore.

A new guy breaking it would be the worst option. What if he doesn't work out? What if the crowd stops caring about his character?

In the end, Undertaker wanted Lesnar to be the guy to break it. He's always respected Brock's career, from college to WWE to UFC. He's never even beaten Brock.

This also leads up to a potential push for a guy like Roman Reigns. Brock now becomes the guy to beat at Wrestlemania. The most despised guy on the roster, former UFC champion, former WWE champion, and the guy who broke the streak. He will likely go a couple years of destroying heroes at Wrestlemania, until a guy like Reigns beats him. Instant push for Reigns, for finally stopping the beast.

• Like 1

If anything being part time makes it wear off quicker, he makes a few appearances, too much waiting/too long of a period inbetween and that's when people stop caring. But someone new, that works out differently. They'd be able to play off of that way more.

Defeating the Undertaker is a way, WAY bigger push than defeating the guy who defeated The Undertaker ever would be. This was a one time thing and WWE blew it.

And if you want to play ''what if?'' what if Brock Lesnar leaves? what if he walks out the same way he walked out some 10 years ago when WWE put him over big time? what if he joins another promotion?

Undertaker or whoever it was who decided this made a bad call. It's just not the way the streak should go out, at all.

I used to be way back when it was still WWF. I used to backyard wrestle with my friends. Compete for belts and all that. Afterwards, we all went inside and pitched in to watch pay-per-view. I remember WrestleMania 15 being one of them.

Oh yeah, also might I mention, Brock has a very limited schedule. He won't be able to really capitalize on the WrestleMania fallout or the impact the match truly had because of that. It's the same situation as the mess that was last year with The Rock being WWE champion. Part time doing this kind of stuff doesn't really work too well, at all.

If anything being part time makes it wear off quicker, he makes a few appearances, too much waiting/too long of a period inbetween and that's when people stop caring. But someone new, that works out differently. They'd be able to play off of that way more.

Defeating the Undertaker is a way, WAY bigger push than defeating the guy who defeated The Undertaker ever would be. This was a one time thing and WWE blew it.

And if you want to play ''what if?'' what if Brock Lesnar leaves? what if he walks out the same way he walked out some 10 years ago when WWE put him over big time? what if he joins another promotion?

Undertaker or whoever it was who decided this made a bad call. It's just not the way the streak should go out, at all.

I can see what you mean. Obviously there is a risk in whoever they gave the honor of breaking the streak. But I think Lesnar is a much safer bet than a new guy. Lesnar is already an established heel, and a future hall of famer. They're paying him millions to make a few appearances, he has a much smaller chance of leaving than some rookie.

As for the push, you're right. Breaking the streak is a bigger push, but it's a one time thing. You don't want to give it to the wrong guy. Where as beating Lesnar is safer. He doesn't have a streak lasting two decades that could be screwed up if given to the wrong person. If someone beats Lesnar and doesn't work out, then it's fine. They can always build Lesnar's 'unstoppable force' thing again if they needed to.

As for the novelty wearing off, I disagree. If Lesnar was full time, Heyman would mention the streak in every promo every week. Eventually it would become stale, and I wouldn't care. But since he is a part timer, he can make a return every once in awhile and Heyman could play up the streak breaking stuff big time. He'd be around enough for people to still care, but not so much that it wears off.

The breaking the streak angle can't be played forever either way. Tbh if it was each week or each month, it should be the big stepping stone for a person, if a new guy broke the streak, they'd be able to play off of this well for a while, build up the star through it, then move on and occasionally use it, perhaps. They'd be able to capitalize off of this stuff pretty well from now, With Lesnar though, it's just unnecessary, and not very useful if at all. Lesnar's schedule is just that limited, some 4 matches a year. Sure if Lesnar fails as a stepping stone, they could build him up again, but can't you just apply that logic to practically any monster heel? Lesnar has nothing to lose if he leaves, while a star getting his spotlight in history is much less likely to leave at that stage. Brock is just too unreliable after all that happened and then him running back to WWE. I just don't think he deserves such a monumental win when time and time again he failed the company or been a thorn in their side, like that clause fiasco back in 2004-6. 

To be honest, if a new guy wasn't going to break the streak, if the streak even needed to be broken, it should have been Kane. He and Undertaker have very long history together, and to have both of them go out with a bang would have been incredible. After the streak is broken, both retire once and for all. 

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

I felt that it would have been a better choice to give Daniel Bryan the Streak, because it was the right way to create the next Face of the Company. People right now are calling Bryan the face, since he won the titles, but ask yourself this. They plan to do the david & goliath angle with Bryan and Lesnar sooner, or later. The Question will be Who will go over?

Both have been given a huge push @ WM30. Lesnar was given the Most Prestigious Title in the whole fucken company, and Bryan has unlocked Super Bryan mode.

When both meet, it's gonna feel like a huge waste when 1 goes over the other.

1.If Bryan goes over Lesnar then it puts the streak to waste, you gave him the streak to let us think, he is the most devastating man in the company; but you could have done that without the streak while still delivering great WM matches. Lesnar needs to have a pay out. Also if it comes around that he goes back to a losing streak to cena & HHH it's only gonna disgrace the Streak. After the horrible build to the Taker match, it left us with doubt that he seamed like a threat towards the streak, but if he won all those returns and destroyed everyone. Then people could have went into WM 30 thinking "will Taker rise to the challenge or be destroyed too", but instead taker owned brock the majority of the WM30 build. It created "doubt" over "worry", and when we thought lesnar was just going to be feed to the streak. He out of nowhere ends it?

2.If Lesnar Goes over Bryan, then it will put to waste everything the fans and IWC were bitching about for months to waste. Only 1 can go over when it comes to that booking. What did Paul say lesnar was back for? "Lesnar has returned to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, and the line starts behind brock lesnar" the funny thing is that everyone on that list including HHH got a title shot ahead of him.

People are saying "Brock was picked by taker to end the streak & is the badass person to end it" the key words in it, that people are using is "Badass & taker Picked"

1.People were actually saying that they wanted lesnar to win the streak just cus he seamed like the badass guy to do it, and that it would look believable to see a former UFC fighter defeat a Wrestler. Well the thing is : this was a rigged match, and sure if it was a real fight lesnar would clearly win. But they are forgetting that the build to create that belivability was shattered long ago, when they had him return only to lose to cena & HHH(as he did MMA moves). Then be a chicken heel when taker just shows up on raw, with a Shit face on every week. Cole even on the WM30 match said is Lesnar intimidated? I'm like WTF? it should be around, you were supposed to build it to where taker is intimidated of the younger & stronger Lesnar.

2.People are acting as if taker has never picked others to end his streak. Taker has picked many over the years to end it : "Kane, Batista, Shawn, HHH, Cm Punk, Kurt Angle, All of them declined the offer in respect to Taker. He even asked to work with "'Daniel Bryan" before they planned to make the "Taker vs Lesnar match" this year. But because people were wanting Bryan to get the belts soo badly(they practically forced WWE's hands) we ended up with the bryan winning them at mania road instead, cancelling a Bryan Vs Taker Match at mania to prove to the Authority that he was the right guy to be the face of the company over throne-ing cena.

Taker could have let bryan end the streak & it would have made sense, the most over baby face who is considered one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. Would have given us a Great match, a great reaction, Respect to the undertaker after beating him, and taker would be in a healthier condition, instead of in the hospital suffering a concussion; and we would have not found it hard to believe seeing bryan win. Also we wouldn't feel so robbed at the end(although brock did win it clean, just imagine if he won dirty? wow).

When you see 2 guys before a match starts, people always superficially pick the bigger guy as the one who will dominate, but if the match started & you saw the little guy completely owning the bigger guy; then you're left with no other choice but to believe it right? So since knowing Bryan can put up a great match and at times owned a man on the ring(if they let him), could make people believe he was the right guy. I find it harder to believe Bryan winning 2 matches in 1 night while being injured & screwed by 3 consecutive people, over him beating taker.

People didn't want bryan to beat taker, because they felt that it wasn't necessary to get bryan over by winning the streak, the point wasn't to get him over using the streak(since he had already got himself extremely over on his own). The point was to elevate bryan's career to the main event level and be able to keep himself in that tier. When you are granted a title like that, you are also given the backstage respect that comes along with it. You could have had many pay outs with a bryan breaking the streak, you could have even had him compete in "I want to face the one who beat the streak feuds" to put bryan against wrestlers like batista who would say "bryan was a fluke to beat taker", then beat batista to demonstrate that he was the right guy. It would have automatically made bryan into the top Dog of the company. It would also shatter the philosophy of bigger guys being the only right guys to be a main event stars, and surely shut Kevin Nash's Vanilla Midget philosophy.

Just look at Bryan, his move set resembles that of "him who can not be named"; the "Cross face", and "Turn Buckle diving headbutt". Say what you want of "he who can't be named", but the man was truly one of the all time in ring performers always sacrificing his body for people's entertainment.

That Streak would have severely helped bryan's career head to a Legendary all time great path. Sure People say that bryan's Promo skills are horrible (which they are at times, because they lack attitude and harshness), but at least he's cutting his own promo's unlike lesnar being spoken for by Paul. 

I honestly don't understand why people were saying I was full of complete shit when I tossed the Daniel Bryan breaking Taker's Streak idea, but are defending the hell out of Lesnar winning, when there is little pay out from it.

IDK whyPeople just don't seam to like Bryan for some reason calling him a pussy, just because he's not badass looking or acts manly. People are forgetting that we are currently in the PG Era, and WWE is always restricting what can be allowed. The WWE is becoming Family oriented weather we like it or not, it's not bryan's fault he's not a politician who can go against what he's told, he just loves to wrestle and deals with it. Also back then people were saying that a younger guy should break the streak, and looking back at those names they recommended(Miz, Wade, Fandango, Cm Punk, Brodas Clay) it looks like a clearly a horrible idea, since a lot of them are currently buried/not there anymore/have horrible gimmicks. But I'll say this "I'll give the WWE 1 year to see what they do with Lesnar's win over the streak". Why 1 year? Because it's rumored that Lesnar's contract ends in 1 year. And with seeing how huge the streak is it has to be an equally desired pay out or else it feels like a waste

The only regret I see in the streak, besides the loss to lesnar; is that We never got a "Taker Vs Kurt Angle match", even when in 06 they had a great feud going on with a great match @ No Way Out 06(that had to be finished before WM22, since at the time WWE was pulling a Eddie's Death angle with Rey). 

Regardless The streak is over and no one can do anything, all I ask is that people at least give people who grew up with the streak a chance to mourn the loss. You've had fans & reviewers actually give every single reason this week to shut fans up calling them taker tards & virgins for getting to attached to a show's event like that. That's kinda why I'm a little irritated, because it's those same people who a week before taker went into mania said "I hope to god Lesnar fucks up Taker to the point that He can no longer defend the streak, and fuck taker for disrespecting Lesnar after his Cain Velasquez fight" I'm like WTH? Really? I know it wasn't right for what taker did on that day, but for them to hold a grudge on taker for 4 years? And when you look at what happened after Wrestlemania 30 Lesnar didn't even say anything or shake his hand to honor the fact that taker just handed him his Legacy. Next night on Raw Paul Decides to cut a Promo Bashing the entire WWE calling them all wannabes & mocking taker when he collapsed with a concussion after the match @WM30. I know it's to get heat, but there has to be a limit on a matter as serious as that.

There are 2 problems with Bryan beating Taker.

1. Did you see the reaction Taker's loss got? Bryan wouldn't be able to handle that heat, nor would he want to be a heel for the rest of his career. Anyone who beats the streak had to be a heel. Sure smarks would've cheered for Bryan, because they realize what happened. But the casual fans would more than likely boo him for breaking the streak.

2. Had Bryan faced Taker, they would've thrown away an entire year of story build up. Bryan has been fighting the authority all year, and Wrestlemania is the time for closure and a happy ending. It would make no sense at all for Bryan to just abandon the authority and face Taker. It would look like a consolation prize, like he'd be saying "Oh well, the authority beat me. Guess I should challenge Undertaker."

Under different circumstances, a double retirement match with Kane vs. Undertaker would've been perfect. But WWE decided to butcher Kane's character for whatever reason. We got Lesnar, and I honestly can't think of a better man to break the streak under the current circumstances. It may seem like a bad idea to some right now, but it'll turn out to be a great idea in the long term.

• Like 1