The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

On a side note, Jake Hager (aka Jack Swagger) is now 1-0 as an professional MMA fighter.  He took a decent punch, took his (albeit way outmatched opponent but hey, it was Jake's debut fight right?) opponent down, elbowed his face off and choked him out.  Good to see after the CM Punk disaster.

• Like 2

The NXT Tag Team Championship match, The North American Championship match and NXT Championship match were all awesome but that final picture ... Just imagine Ciampa and Gargano winning the tag team titles and holding every NXT title at the same time (even if its just for one night) that would be awesome !

Now I just hope the RR is going to be at least half as good as NXT Takeover Phoenix was and I'll be more than satisfied :) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

The NXT Tag Team Championship match, The North American Championship match and NXT Championship match were all awesome but that final picture ... Just imagine Ciampa and Gargano winning the tag team titles and holding every NXT title at the same time (even if its just for one night) that would be awesome !

Now I just hope the RR is going to be at least half as good as NXT Takeover Phoenix was and I'll be more than satisfied :) 

Totally forgot to post my thoughts lol. Thanks to you for coming out :) 

TakeOver Phoenix was amazing. I enjoyed the whole show. The NXT Tag Team championship was really good. Hanson showing off his athletic moves, etc. The War Raiders are a really great pair. The North American Championship match and NXT Championship matches were great too. The NXT Women's Championship match was unpredictable at first and it ended up as Bianca Belair's streak coming to an end. Well, at least some fans won't be blaming the main roster for her decline if that happens anymore, right? 

Hoping Royal Rumble will be good too. Judging the card I hear a rumbling thunder coming. Like I said I'd like to see Candice LeRae appear in the women's royal rumble match, and others like maybe Ricochet, Adam Cole again, etc. 

That feeling of some superstars leaving for AEW is already approaching me. Crazy, but I had a dream that Samoa Joe was one of them. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 3

Gargano was still looking at "Goldie" when he and Ciampa was celebrating together. Although DIY reunites, Gargano will betray Ciampa this time and take "Goldie" from him. And he'll be the hero of the story at the end. Not Johnny Failure but a true Johnny Wrestling. As he said to Ricochet... "I win"

• Like 4

The show was really good ... until the men's royal rumble that was pure garbage. The only good part of the men's royal rumble was when Nia Jax was in the ring :facepalm: 

Was it too hard to make the final four at least believable and not eliminate the top superstars in shitty ways ? Even the top NXT superstars were eliminated like they are jobbers and Samoa Joe is now lost in a feud with a nobody that doesn't even belong near him. And they need to fix the rule about both feet must touch the floor because it's getting ridiculous at this point.

I was enjoying the show but that last match sucked all my enjoyment of the show. What a bad way to finish a good show.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

The show was really good ... until the men's royal rumble that was pure garbage. The only good part of the men's royal rumble was when Nia Jax was in the ring :facepalm: 

Was it too hard to make the final four at least believable and not eliminate the top superstars in shitty ways ? Even the top NXT superstars were eliminated like they are jobbers and Samoa Joe is now lost in a feud with a nobody that doesn't even belong near him. And they need to fix the rule about both feet must touch the floor because it's getting ridiculous at this point.

I was enjoying the show but that last match sucked all my enjoyment and the result of the match is making the whole thing even worse.

Nxt stars are jobbers.....they aren't in the main show. Having said that, nxt takeover was 100 times better. Also, nia jax getting destroyed by finishers was the best part of her being in there

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheRagingSemi said:

Nxt stars are jobbers.....they aren't in the main show. Having said that, nxt takeover was 100 times better. Also, nia jax getting destroyed by finishers was the best part of her being in there

What you're saying doesn't make any sense. NXT superstars are the future of the main roster you can't have them be used like that. And the "main" show is full of former NXT superstars and most of them are the "top" stars (whatever that means nowadays) so no they are not jobbers quite the opposite actually.

NXT is basically a third brand at this point, even Triple H said that main roster stars coming to NXT in the future should be possible and that it would not mean that they are not good enough for the main roster but simply that they are a better fit for NXT.

• Like 2

The best part of the Royal Rumble was Nia Jax appearing in the men's match and getting a few finishers (especially the RKO and super kick). I never thought WWE would allow this to happen lol. 

The whole PPV was rather very predictable. Placing the SmackDown Women's Championship to Kickoff the show was already a kickstart to Becky Lynch entering the women's royal rumble match. You could even see it in her eyes after she lost to Asuka. 

Kacy Catanzaro was really amazing among other NXT superstars (be it on the UK roster and NXT itself). Some things happened in the rumble matches that were quite strange. The injury that lead Becky Lynch to enter (almost the same as stealing the royal rumble victory, just like Stone Cold Steve Austin in 1998). 

The point here is that the PPVs are heavily predictable. I hope things really improve because every time I see something on the internet it eventually turns out to be true, other than self speculations or intuition. 

• Like 2

Very good Royal Rumble after an incredible NXT Takeover, which set the bar really high. I'm excited for Halftime Heat next week. More spotlight for the best competitors NXT currently has to offer.

With Shinsuke winning the US title, the first huge surprise already took place in the Pre-Show. The Cruiserweight Championship Match was fantastic and made me almost forget that stupid Tag Match. What a dumb idea to put Dawson & Rezar together and then they lost! So, what was the point of the whole thing?!

The PPV itself kicked off with an awesome match between Asuka and Becky. I loved every second of it. We finally saw the real Asuka. The one that dominated NXT for a long time, before she was wasted on the main roster.

The next highlight was the RAW Women's Championship Match. Very physical and hard fought, but the way Ronda retained was anticlimactic.

Thank God Becky won the Rumble! She deserved it, even though the booking was a bit strange (Lana selling an injury, Lynch getting injured as well to add more drama than necessary and Charlotte dropping to the floor in slow motion.)

Both Men's Championship matches were disappointing to say the least. Seems like Daniel Bryan has found himself a lackey. Bray Wyatt and CM Punk must be proud.

Luckily, the Men's Rumble was more entertaining. It was great to see Jeff Jarrett, Johnny Gargano, Pete Dunne, and Aleister Black, being part of the Battle Royal. Ziggler and Nia Jax though, meh...

Edited by Jesaya815
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

Both Men's Championship matches were disappointing to say the least. Seems like Daniel Bryan has found himself a lackey. Bray Wyatt and CM Punk must be proud.

Didn't mind much last night because the match were still good wrestling wise but thinking about it now makes me realize that they didn't really live up to their expectations.

Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles was good (not as good as their previous encounters though) but the ending really sucked...

On a side note, I forgot how huge Erick Rowan really is :P Now if only Harper could come back as a single wrestler and get a good push because he is an awesome wrestler and WWE are really sleeping on his potential IMO.

Finn vs Lesnar was really weird too, WWE was giving Balor a lot of offense to make it look like a legit threat but the second he is in the Kimura lock he taps out so it was kind of stupid and made Balor look like he can give some punishment but isn't able to take any in return... Fortunately the after match made me feel like this is just the beginning of their rivalry, so perhaps next time we'll see The Demon vs The Beast. I'm not expecting Finn to win next time either but it should be a great way to occupy Lesnar until Wrestlemania.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Didn't mind much last night because the match were still good wrestling wise but thinking about it now makes me realize that they didn't really live up to their expectations.

Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles was good (not as good as their previous encounters though) but the ending really sucked...

On a side note, I forgot how huge Erick Rowan really is :P Now if only Harper could come back as a single wrestler and get a good push because he is an awesome wrestler and WWE are really sleeping on his potential IMO.

Finn vs Lesnar was really weird too, WWE was giving Balor a lot of offense to make it look like a legit threat but the second he is in the Kimura lock he taps out so it was kind of stupid and made Balor look like he can give some punishment but isn't able to take any in return... Fortunately the after match made me feel like this is just the beginning of their rivalry, so perhaps next time we'll see The Demon vs The Beast. I'm not expecting Finn to win next time either but it should be a great way to occupy Lesnar until Wrestlemania.

It would be cool if Harper could return as Brodie Lee. Short beard, slightly different look and ring attire. Otherwise, he will be stigmatized forever as a former member of the Wyatt Family. That was probably one of the main problems when WWE tried to push him as the Intercontinental Champion.

For example, no one was interested in Justin Hawk Bradshaw or Acolyte Bradshaw as a single wrestler. The potential was always there, just not the right gimmick to be a breakout guy. Layfield then changed everything about his character, transformed into JBL and became a huge star.

Balor vs Lesnar was also too short in my opinion. Five more minutes and the match would have felt more natural. Brock did a good job selling his injury during the match. With the pain he was in, Lesnar wasn't able to deliver Suplexes or connect with the F-5. Afterwards though, he did just that. :facepalm:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Normally I'd agree w/you on that but when it's Brock, I didn't mind it.  Dude's a legit grappler who is huge so yeah, when someone like that locks on an extremely painful submission in the middle of the ring and sells it with that insane face of his, I'll buy a quick tap.  

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 1:48 PM, ee28max said:

That feeling of some superstars leaving for AEW is already approaching me. Crazy, but I had a dream that Samoa Joe was one of them. 

Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Dolph Ziggler, Sasha Banks, Nakamura, The Ascension, The Revival, there's more, I just can't think of them right now. But the list is long.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Normally I'd agree w/you on that but when it's Brock, I didn't mind it.  Dude's a legit grappler who is huge so yeah, when someone like that locks on an extremely painful submission in the middle of the ring and sells it with that insane face of his, I'll buy a quick tap.  

Yeah I know what you mean it's just that I wanted to see a little more out of this match and I thought it was kind of bad to make him lose to a single move but you're right.

Now I don't know what everyone thinks but after watching RAW last night the wrestlemania card doesn't really look amazing beside Ronda vs Becky (and despite everyone booing her last night I really liked the intensity she put on her promo). 

So far the card should look something like that for the most important matches

Becky vs Ronda (main event) - RAW Women's championship

Asuka vs Charlotte (honestly I can't see Charlotte not being in a championship match but if that's the case I just hope Asuka beats her) - Smackdown Women's championship

Rollins vs Lesnar - Universal Championship

Drew McIntyre vs John Cena 

Maybe an Undertaker match (In my opinion he should really retire but everyone is asking him another match every year so it doesn't seem unlikely...)

And that's pretty much it. I honestly have no idea about what they are going to do with the WWE title since I don't think the feud between Bryan and Styles lasts until Wrestlemania and besides AJ Styles who are the main event babyface on Smackdown live ? Mysterio ? Jeff Hardy ? 

I might be forgetting someone but the competition just seems underwhelming right now.

They could also do a heel vs heel but it's not something WWE is usually doing and everyone would complain that it looks weird to see two bad guy fighting.

If I had to choose I would put Bryan against Samoa Joe but it seems highly unlikely :P 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Yeah I know what you mean it's just that I wanted to see a little more out of this match and I thought it was kind of bad to make him lose to a single move but you're right.

Now I don't know what everyone thinks but after watching RAW last night the wrestlemania card doesn't really look amazing beside Ronda vs Becky (and despite everyone booing her last night I really liked the intensity she put on her promo). 

So far the card should look something like that for the most important matches

Becky vs Ronda (main event) - RAW Women's championship

Asuka vs Charlotte (honestly I can't see Charlotte not being in a championship match but if that's the case I just hope Asuka beats her) - Smackdown Women's championship

Rollins vs Lesnar - Universal Championship

Drew McIntyre vs John Cena 

Maybe an Undertaker match (In my opinion he should really retire but everyone is asking him another match every year so it doesn't seem unlikely...)

And that's pretty much it. I honestly have no idea about what they are going to do with the WWE title since I don't think the feud between Bryan and Styles lasts until Wrestlemania and besides AJ Styles who are the main event babyface on Smackdown live ? Mysterio ? Jeff Hardy ? 

I might be forgetting someone but the competition just seems underwhelming right now.

They could also do a heel vs heel but it's not something WWE is usually doing and everyone would complain that it looks weird to see two bad guy fighting.

If I had to choose I would put Bryan against Samoa Joe but it seems highly unlikely :P 

After the great opening segment on RAW, I want to see Dean Ambrose vs Triple H (there are rumors floating around that Ambrose will be leaving WWE in April when his contract expires. So, if they want to do it, now is the right time.)

Maybe a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship between Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, and Randy Orton

Sasha & Bayley vs Nia Jax & Tamina and/or Trish & Lita

Guitar on a Pole Match - Jeff Jarrett with Road Dogg vs Elias (just for shits and giggles) 

The usual Multi-Man Matches for the Intercontinental and United States Championship to get all the big names on the main card (such as Balor, Lashley, Strowman, Corbin, Nakamura, Andrade, Rey, Joe…)

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder winning Tag Team gold to have a feel good moment.

But there are still two more PPVs until WrestleMania. We don't know what the plans for Elimination Chamber are and if the Undertaker or let's say Shawn Michaels can be convinced to have a match at the grandest stage of them all.

• Like 2

Don't know what to say about RAW since you guys pretty much summed up my thoughts. 

Yeah, glad both Royal Rumble 2019 winners chose their paths in the same night (I don't think I've ever seen that. Who am I kidding, there was only one RR match years ago). Those F-5's were brutal and kinda referenced Dean Ambrose in 2016 when he was F-5'd before WM32. Now I don't know how this feud will go about until WM35 considering there's still 2 months in between. 

I think WWE is bringing back intergender wrestling. I don't know what Dean Ambrose was gonna say after his match with Seth Rollins, but I felt it was something from the heart than his heel character. Last time we had a promo from a superstar sitting on a chair in the middle of the ring was Kevin Owens calling it quits. Maybe that's what Dean Ambrose would've said and Vince McMahon had to call Nia Jax out? 

• Like 2

Gonna be tough watching Vince go all "Vince" on Dean knowing he's leaving, hopefully they'll just write him off quickly but we'll see.  No doubt the allure of AEW had to be a factor for Dean, and I'm sure they'll be MORE than happy to have him. 

I guess last night when Becky came down to confront Ronda she and Bayley flashed the "4" symbol to each other and the camera didn't catch it.  The "4-horsewomen of WWE vs. 4-horsewomen of MMA" match might come sooner than anyone thought.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Gonna be tough watching Vince go all "Vince" on Dean knowing he's leaving, hopefully they'll just write him off quickly but we'll see.  No doubt the allure of AEW had to be a factor for Dean, and I'm sure they'll be MORE than happy to have him. 

I guess last night when Becky came down to confront Ronda she and Bayley flashed the "4" symbol to each other and the camera didn't catch it.  The "4-horsewomen of WWE vs. 4-horsewomen of MMA" match might come sooner than anyone thought.

Whoa Whoa. Dean's leaving? Why?

Would not be the first time. I believe Ambrose wants to leave, his character has been handled terribly in the last few years and he probably is tired of spending his last active years like this. That is not to say that they can't change his mind, if he does not plan to retire right after leaving, WWE must consider the possibility that he is headed for AEW, and they currently hand out lots of money to stop people from going there. If there are enough zeroes and some perks involved he might reconsider. Also, was I the only one who got the feeling that a pipebomb was about to go off when Dean Ambrose sat down in the ring and was about to tell a story? Got my hopes up, but then the female Mabel and her Mini Me hit the ring and I just prayed for another finisher to fly her way, but sadly no one was listening that day.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 1

While I don't like him and I wouldn't care if he leaves, I can't deny that during his whole (except when he was the "leader" of The Shield) WWE career he has been booked pretty poorly. The "lunatic fringe" gimmick felt more like a comedy character than anything so I could see him not being happy about the way he has been handled ... But I also could totally see WWE doing what they did with CM Punk in 2011 iirc and trying to work us, which isn't really well done if that's the case since multiple people are already doubtful :P 

• Like 2