The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Glad they finally let Kofi Kingston do his thing because he really deserves it. Becoming the iron man for the gauntlet match and being in the Elimination Chamber match. Just hoping Edge doesn't appear from outta nowhere to beat him up and replace him ?

The only title he needs for Grand Slam and I hope it isn't over for him yet. Kinda hoping he gets to face Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania, while AJ Styles faces Randy Orton (last time I saw a great match between the two was in 2017 to determine who was gonna face Bray Wyatt at WM33). 

The PPV looks quite simple and then we still have Fastlane after that. There are already some matches we can have for WrestleMania, like Bobby Lashley vs Finn Bálor. I hope these things don't get lost in the shuffle. Let's not forget that Asuka still doesn't have an opponent. Just hoping she doesn't become inactive like how the US title was (I understand right now because there was a gauntlet match and SmackDown is only like 2 hours). 

• Like 2

Elimination Chamber Predictions:

Kickoff: WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match - Buddy Murphy vs Akira Tozawa
Winner: Buddy Murphy

I have a feeling that Akira got Hideo Itami's spot right here. Itami's departure came out of nowhere, so who knows if building up Tozawa in just two weeks was the plan all along. No matter what, Buddy Murphy leaves Houston with his championship.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match - Bobby Lashley & Lio Rush vs Finn Balor
Winner: Finn Balor

Another PPV, another chance for The Demon King to get his hands on some gold. I really hope that Balor wins on Sunday. As a matter of fact, a run as the Intercontinental Champion is long overdue. Finn came close to winning the IC belt last year. Maybe he is more successful this time.

No Disqualification Match - Baron Corbin vs Braun Strowman
Winner: Braun Strowman

Oh great, a fight between two big men. That's what the fans truly want. Not Andrade vs Rey, nooo...

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champioship Match - Shane McMahon & The Miz vs The Usos
Winners: Shane McMahon & The Miz

As much as I would like to see The Usos becoming Champions for the sixth time, Shane & Mike just won the belts. Their run has barely begun to be a memorable one, although both already accomplished their main mission and made Mr. Miz proud. However, there is no reason for them to lose the titles so soon.

WWE RAW Womem's Champioship Match - Ronda Rousey vs Ruby Riott
Winner: Ronda Rousey

Man, PPVs between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania can be a curse for some people. Take Ruby Riott for example. She finally gets an opportunity, yet no one seems to care - including Rousey. Good old Ronnie has been busy with Becky Lynch and Charlotte as of late. With Ronda underestimating Ruby, could we witness an upset victory? Probably not. Anything but a title defense would be a huge surprise.

Elimination Chamber - WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Match - Bayley & Sasha Banks vs Liv Morgan & Sarah Logan vs Nia Jax & Tamina vs Billie Kay & Peyton Royce vs Carmella & Naomi vs Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville
Winners: Nia Jax & Tamina

So far, WWE did everything wrong with the Women's Tag Titles. First, this silly announcement by Santa Vince. Then, instead of giving us a long and exciting tournament, they rush things. Half of the teams didn't even have to qualify for the match! The Boss 'n' Hug Connection might be favored to win, but I'm picking Nia Jax & Tamina. The Samoan Slaughterhouse will crush everyone's dreams (and bones).

Elimination Chamber - WWE Championship Match - Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy vs Kofi Kingston vs Randy Orton vs Samoa Joe
Winner: Daniel Bryan

Save us, Daniel Bryan! Save us from AJ Styles, who hasn't signed a new contract, because he wants to steal the prestigious WWE Championship and take it with him to AEW. Save us from the chemical enigma Jeff Hardy, who is constantly polluting our earth with his body paint. Save us from Kofi Kingston, who is wasting food like crazy, while people in other countries starve to death. Save us from "The Viper" Randy Orton, an abomination of this world. After all, he is half human, half snake. And save us from Chubby Joe, a prime example of what happens to you, if you eat too much junk food.

• Like 2

He is having a good run and I don't think he'll lose his title before Wrestlemania.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match - Bobby Lashley & Lio Rush vs Finn Balor

The Intercontinental Championship has been treated really badly (which is a shame considering The Miz really made the title relevant again for a long period of time...) as of late so I expect another hot potato change. WWE must think that holding a title is going to make a superstar feel more important but it seems like they forgot that it's the champion makes the title and not the other way.

I don't care what happens during this match honestly, just don't make Drew McIntyre interfere in this shitty feud.

Shane and Miz are only beginning their reign as champion and there is absolutely no reason to make a title change right now. One of the Usos might also have trouble focusing on this match ever since a police officer told him "Welcome to the Detroit penitentiary".

Ruby Riott is good and she is going to be able to show off her skills, so it's not too bad right ? ... 

Elimination Chamber - WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Match - Bayley & Sasha Banks vs Liv Morgan & Sarah Logan vs Nia Jax & Tamina vs Billie Kay & Peyton Royce vs Carmella & Naomi vs Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville
Winners: Bayley & Sasha Banks

The Shield, The Four Horsewomen, same thing. WWE is going to give the belt to them for absolutely no other reason than them being associated with Becky and Charlotte. If I had to choose I would give the title to the IIconics or Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville.

Elimination Chamber - WWE Championship Match - Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy vs Kofi Kingston vs Randy Orton vs Samoa Joe
Winner: Randy Orton

Ok I'm not totally serious with this prediction since I think Daniel Bryan have a really huge chance of retaining but since all of my other predictions were really safe I felt like I needed to make a bold one. Why did I choose Randy ? Obviously because I like him and I will never forget how Bryan ruined a 1 on 1 match for the WWE title between my two favourite superstars of all time in the main of Wrestlemania a couple of years ago :P 

I already told it but I wouldn't mind AJ Styles or Joe winning. Hell, even Kofi Kingston would be fine with me since I really don't like Daniel Bryan.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

Elimination_Chamber_2019--603f940315299b778294ab1ca5d37223.png

February 17, 2019

Predictions

Another edit for competition. Buddy Murphy is really going well with the title. He'll probably drop it at WrestleMania. This reminds me of what's Asuka's next move after this PPV. 

I still hope Finn Balor wins the IC title on the grandest stage of them all, where she should've won last year, to enlighten the moment. One of the few titles that have been on the constant change of hands, just like the RAW Tag Team championship. Last time those belts were defended was at Hell In A Cell 2018 and since then, they were often defended on RAW. Dean Ambrose deserved a longer reign and I even wanted to witness a dream match between him a Balor for the title, but it never happened (and maybe it never will sadly). 

I don't care either. Drew McIntyre shouldn't even be part of this. This should be his year and he should stop aligning himself with people. 

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match - Shane McMahon & The Miz vs The Usos

Great segment it was on SmackDown. McMiz will hold on to the belts a for little longer before dropping them or when one of them turn their backs on each other, just when the time comes for the end of the random best team in the world. 

WWE RAW Women's Championship Match - Ronda Rousey vs Ruby Riott

Ruby Riott got to face Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women's Championship around this time last year, specifically at Fastlane. While we saw a great match there, I believe she can pull off another great one. The two PPVs between Royal Rumble and WrestleMania are indeed a curse. 

Winners: The IIconics

I'm probably wrong, but I think it's about time we see these two win something. Their win at Australia in October didn't have much effect, so this will. Also a bright side for SmackDown having these titles first because that's where the tag team division rises more (maybe not for women in this case, but we'll see). I'd also like to see Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville win. 

Winner: Daniel Bryan

Had to put him there because he's obviously the most favored one to win. I hope this isn't the end of Kofi Kingston as I'd like to see him face Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania for the title. They should probably put up a No. 1 contender's match somewhere in March which he'll win. AJ Styles vs Randy Orton also needs to begin shortly after this. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

The only thing I am hoping is they keep Charlotte away from the Becky/Ronda match as she doesn't need to weasel her way into that Mania match 

What if (like Jesaya said) it became a triple-threat elimination match?  Then, after 10 or so minutes Charlotte could be eliminated.  I'm sure after Charlotte got the boot the stare-down between Becky and Ronda before they go at it would be the pop of the night.  Charlotte would get her deserved spot in the first ever female Wm main event and we would get the 1 on 1 match between Becky and Ronda.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

Watched a Whatculture video that absolutely has the right idea about the closing moment for WM.  It involves Charlotte beating Asuka again, which I know everyone will hate, but the ends justify the means here.  The short version, Becky, Charlotte, Sasha and Bailey all standing in the ring holding their RAW, Smackdown and tag titles up while the show goes off hte air.  

All four of those women deserve that moment.  I know watching Charlotte beat Asuka again is a tough pill to swallow but it could be the beginning of a year long feud that could see Asuka come out on top in the end when they go at it a 3rd time next year.  It also sets up the 4 on 4 MMA/wrestlers feud that is inevitably coming.

• Like 4

Wow, right to the action with the Women tag team title, i didn't expect that.

Great, actually it is the match I care most from the whole list. 

Edit: Memorable match, the 1st 2 teams went to end, no too much screen to Naomi or Nia team, just a slow start and Sonya been pinned were the only negatives. 

The best of the match when Sonya escaped the pin after so much damage from both Bayley and Sasha. Bravo.

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1

They should have given Kofi the title. I mean it would have been a huge surprise and the place would have exploded and unlike Jinder people actually like Kofi. 

Also I am grinding Mirages in World of Final Fantasy and re-listening to Bryan and Vinny talk about Urban Wrestling Federation...these are some of my favourite reviews and I seem to listen to them whenever I play long RPGs (I distinctly remember listening to it when I was playing Star Ocean 4).

Seriously these PPVs are so incredible

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

Elimination Chamber was decent at best. A lot of shitty things like Ronda squashing Ruby, a brief appearance by Lacey Evans for no other reason than to kill some time, or Baron Corbin running wild with his lackeys (which was the main reason why the McMahons promised change in the first place).

At least Bayley & Sasha won. You can tell how much it means to them winning the titles and making history yet again. I'm really happy for them.

The biggest surprise was probably The Usos dethroning Miz & Mac. Didn't see that coming. Maybe there is still a small chance for a possible Daniel Bryan vs The Miz match at WrestleMania. :hmm:

• Like 2

I really didn't like Elimination Chamber. It's not I felt the show was bad because wrestling wise it was DECENT but I feel like they made every worst possible decision possible while thinking of a logical booking. 

As I thought the IC and US championship are back to being totally irrelevant and consolation prizes to please the fans by making them think that their favourite superstar being a champion means something when that's more a way of saying that they don't have plans to push the champion to the next level.

Let's waste Drew McIntyre and Bobby Lashley on this shitty feud for absolutely no reason. I love how WWE keeps saying "this year is going to be the year of Drew McIntyre" when the reality is that since december they are totally ruining him and he is having the worst part of his career since he returned to WWE.

This decision makes absolutely no sense, it only shows that they like to make The Bar look like idiots while rewarding this stupid Anoia samoan family even when they are giving bad publicity to the company.

Logical choice, terrible booking. Ruby Riott is an interesting wrestler that deserved to have a little bit of spotlight to show the world what she can do against Ronda Rousey. Instead of having a "competitive" match they made her job. If that was their intention since the beginning they should have replaced her with someone no one cares about like Alicia Fox or Dana Brooke.

I'm at a point where I honestly couldn't care less about the women division if it doesn't concern Ronda Rousey, Asuka, Becky Lynch and Charlotte. The only thing this is going to do is add yet another championship to the main roster when they should reduce the number of championships instead of increasing it. At least they are not making a tag team title for the women for both brands...

The match was good but I really hated the way eliminations happened. What they are doing with Samoa Joe is pissing me off, they are totally wasting his talent on the main roster and they are making him look weak even though he looks like a killing machine. Randy Orton lost to a single trouble in paradise sure... It's not like Randy Orton was able to face someone like Cena in the past and escape a few Attitude Adjustments ? Let's not forget he entered the last and lost in like 5 minutes.

Making Kofi the last survivor was just stupid in my opinion. I don't know why the crowd was believing in him becoming champion but to me WWE didn't even try to make it look like the title could change hands last night. It seems like Daniel Bryan is always going to end the Elimination Chamber matches by facing someone that doesn't stand a chance at becoming champion just like a few years ago when he defeated Santino Marella.

WWE should really stop with the PPVs between the royal rumble and wrestlemania because they have absolutely no purpose.

• Like 3

Braun Strowman is no longer the unstoppable monster he once was. WWE should have pulled the trigger on him at last year's Elimination Chamber, buuuuuuuuut....they gave that to Roman. When you think back on the last 5 years, and remember how much WWE sacrificed in the name of Roman Reigns.

• Like 2

Elimination Chamber was alright. 

The Women's Tag Team match was surprisingly good. The Riott Squad was really amazing in the match including Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville and others. Sasha Banks and Bayley winning is already a sign of something in the works. I was disappointed by the squash match. Ruby Riott deserved better but I guess she was just one of those unlucky ones like Finn Bálor who lost in under 10 minutes at Royal Rumble. At least Ronda Rousey's ring gear there was solid and good-looking. Stupid No DQ match I'm not even gonna talk about it. 

It's obvious Charlotte and Becky will go on to Fastlane. It's quite tedious how they're still using that knee injury angle. Becky Lynch was like okay when she hit krutches, but she looked like she was really damaged during the live event. 

• Like 3

So....Chyna is being considered for the WWE hall of Fame

http://whatculture.com/wwe/chyna-to-finally-be-inducted-into-wwe-hall-of-fame-2

While some people will be happy about it, I feel like something is off....:hmm:

6 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Braun Strowman is no longer the unstoppable monster he once was. WWE should have pulled the trigger on him at last year's Elimination Chamber, buuuuuuuuut....they gave that to Roman. When you think back on the last 5 years, and remember how much WWE sacrificed in the name of Roman Reigns.

It's a crying shame. Last year, he was red hot. Personally, I would've like it if he won it at Hell in a cell. But, Brock returned and killed that idea.

I wonder if they if Vince knew about the leukemia.

If that were the case, then the wrestle mania events would've made sense. But as you said, too much was sacrificed for him, in the hopes for him to be accepted. (Shame that cancer had to be the only thing to get him cheered).

• Like 3

What a dead crowd for such exciting debuts of NXT Superstars.

Personally, my favorites were Revival vs Ciampa and Gargano and Elias vs Aleistar Black. Top quality wrestling in my book.

Aleister Black Makes WWE RAW Debut Tonight (Photos, Video)

Ricochet had the whole match, although i wish the interview went better.

Main event was good, Table match was alright. Lucha house vs Hawkins and Ryder was sadly, forgettable

• Like 1

The show really sucked but the crowd was even worse. 

A few years ago I would have been excited about my favourite superstars being called-up because I wanted to believe WWE would be able to book at least one of my favourite wrestlers like a star but I've been proven wrong again and again and again...

I really hope Vince just forgets about NXT and never calls up any star of the NXT roster and especially not on RAW. And even though I really enjoy Smackdown most of the time they have not been doing a much better job at creating star so if Aleister Black, Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa and Ricochet could all stay on NXT I would be really happy.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

Everything has already been said. This was an absolute terrible crowd. Why did Ciampa, Gargano, Black, and Ricochet had to show up there instead of Chicago, Orlando, or New York?! I mean, WWE should know better than to simply throw away such important debuts.

Plus, Cole ruins every debut for me as well. I can't stand him and his fake reactions anymore. Renee isn't as good as I thought she would be, which leaves Corey Graves to somehow create magic for these guys and gals from NXT. If only Mauro could be on the announce team. Heck, even Nigel McGuinness and Aiden English are doing a better job. Their commentary style feels more natural than Michael Cole's ever did.

• Like 3

Worst crowd in the history of WWE. I hope they only visit that city for live events or non-televised shows. Even if CM Punk had returned or if Eddie Guerrero's music played and he, himself had come out, they still wouldn't give a pop. 

The debuts were fine, but the venue and the crowd buried it. I still don't know why all four were called-up (I know it's the ratings). They will all be losing momentum as time goes by. Kevin Owens debut on RAW as NXT Champion and even went on to beat John Cena in his first match. Years later he was just stuck in the shuffle (especially before he got injured) and now they keep showing clips of him about his status. Those guys should stay in NXT, oh please. 

"New Era", but we still get the same damn matches. Just now they decided to rematch Ronda Rousey vs Ruby Riott and this time it wasn't a squash. Well then, why the in the fucking fucked up Vince's brain did we not get that match at Elimination Chamber? Same thing goes to Braun Strowman and Baron Corbin. Also Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley last year - what was the damn point of their match at Extreme Rules? 

• Like 3

Well, after watching SD, I'm going to compare their matches between Raw and SD

Aleister Black: Looking back, it seems SD had the better match, with the crowd cheers. However, I think Elias was the better seller of Black's moves.

Tommaro Ciampia / Johnny Gargano: Personally, Revival was better, because of the fluidity. SD did a better job introducing them. However, the middle of the match, Ciampa tried to powerbomb Sheamus, and ultimate had him land on his knee. they did win the match, but dear god.....that could've ended badly. (as someone who had injured their knees in sport, I can say they freakin hurt)

Riccochet: I've made my point that he had a good match but a less then good interview on Raw. SD was just slightly better. Crowd and Eric Young young is a good worker.

Kofi is now going to Wrestlemania. This might be interesting.

• Like 2

Shane be like "no more immediate rematches for titles" then gives he and Miz an immediate rematch for the titles.  On the bright side though, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Kofi gets a big WM moment.  I'd bet my house that Bryan has no problem (and is probably pushing for) putting him over and it would be pretty awesome for Kofi to get to bask in the spotlight after all these years.  That means he'll have to lose at Fastlane but you know... greater good.

• Like 2