The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Mandy Rose as Asuka's opponent for Fastlane isn't bad at all. We've been seeing new competitors on the picture lately which is good, it's just that sometimes you still can't imagine and think that Asuka actually lost twice to Carmella (not saying she's bad or anything because I also like her, it's just that I think Carmella should've had a different opponent to feud with other than Asuka last year). Just hoping Asuka gets good matches before dropping the title (like at Royal Rumble when she beat and tapped Becky Lynch out). 

They should also stop with the Lacey Evans ramp walk. 

Hoping Kofi Kingston isn't just a filler for Fastlane. The match should end in a no contest or something, so that he can go to WrestleMania. I'm only worried about this whole "no more auto rematch clause" topics. I don't know if Kofi Kingston will earn his way through again, because I feel like it may not go well. On the contrary, we just saw how Shane gave his team a rematch, and Shinsuke Nakamura rematch for the US title when he lost it to Rusev. Recently we've also seen AJ Styles face Daniel Bryan at TLC for the rematch, then he won a fatal 5-way no. 1 Contender match to face him at Royal Rumble again. So yeah, I hope Kofi will indeed go to WrestleMania and have his biggest win. So Kofi is currently the most over guy on SmackDown right now and that should keep going up. The fans should chant as loud as they can. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 3

While I really don't care about Kofi vs Daniel Bryan one way or another some site are talking about the rumoured opponents for Bryan at Wrestlemania and Kofi is not one of them. Rumors are that Vince wants Daniel Bryan to face a returning superstar (Cena ? Owens ? Wyatt ?) and while I don't like these options much I think they are still better than Kofi Kingston. 

The fans didn't really care about him being WWE champion before he replaced Ali in the gauntlet match a week ago so it's probably better to wait and see if fans are really behind him or if it's just another star fans support for a while before selecting another new shiny superstar to cheer like it always happens (Rusev, Ryback, Fandango or even Braun Strowman to a lesser extent)

Kofi getting a 1 on 1 opportunity is already a big thing even if he ends up losing in my opinion. And while I enjoy his work, I really don't think he is legitimate enough to fight for the top title at Wrestlemania and especially not in a 1 on 1 match. The feud would most likely be a comical one too if it happens with Bryan getting angry over Kofi for wasting food with his pancakes and that sounds a little bit too silly for a Wrestlemania feud :P 

• Like 2

I feel like Johnny Gargano should've held onto that title and should've had a longer reign than to drop it to Velveteen Dream so sooner. I mean yeah sure Dream won the Worlds Collide tournament and a championship opportunity, but that should've been booked for at least TakeOver New York in April (Johnny retains) and feud with him again for the next months in a different stipulation and then drop it. That kinda made Johnny look weak in front of Tommaso by saying he didn't need him by his corner and I still didn't understand why he acted like he didn't trust him when they were a full #DIY team on RAW and SmackDown during their debuts. 

Roman Reigns returning to RAW to give an update on his battle with leukemia is alright, but I still feel like Vince is taking advantage of that to keep increasing the RAW ratings. Just this past Monday they needed help from NXT using 4 superstars to debut. Next week we already have Ric Flair's 70th birthday celebration (which I'm convinced that Becky Lynch will crash and thus get her match at Fastlane) and then Roman's return. Of course the fans will tune in and see. Roman just recently updated his fans on social media about the battle when he was also announcing his character and appearance in the new Fast & Furious spin-off "Hobbs & Shaw" movie. He deserves enough time to fully recover other than to come back before WrestleMania 35 according to some new reports by Vince.    

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ee28max said:

I feel like Johnny Gargano should've held onto that title and should've had a longer reign than to drop it to Velveteen Dream so sooner. I mean yeah sure Dream won the Worlds Collide tournament and a championship opportunity, but that should've been booked for at least TakeOver New York in April (Johnny retains) and feud with him again for the next months in a different stipulation and then drop it. That kinda made Johnny look weak in front of Tommaso by saying he didn't need him by his corner and I still didn't understand why he acted like he didn't trust him when they were a full #DIY team on RAW and SmackDown during their debuts. 

Roman Reigns returning to RAW to give an update on his battle with leukemia is alright, but I still feel like Vince is taking advantage of that to keep increasing the RAW ratings. Just this past Monday they needed help from NXT using 4 superstars to debut. Next week we already have Ric Flair's 70th birthday celebration (which I'm convinced that Becky Lynch will crash and thus get her match at Fastlane) and then Roman's return. Of course the fans will tune in and see. Roman just recently updated his fans on social media about the battle when he was also announcing his character and appearance in the new Fast & Furious spin-off "Hobbs & Shaw" movie. He deserves enough time to fully recover other than to come back before WrestleMania 35 according to some new reports by Vince.    

This confirms what I have said in the past. Vince has a Patience problem!

Aside for that, I don't think its a good idea to bring roman back into the light again. As you mentioned, Roman reigns (or if you prefer Joe) needs to recover. If memory serves me correctly, he relinquished the title in October 22nd last year. Considering that he may have CML, that kind of treatment takes 4 months - 2 years to get under control. Now I am aware that we are at the 4 month mark, but remember: He said that his leukemia was remission for 11 years. For it to come back, this tells me that he needs to extend his treatment or therapy services. Plus, depending on the kind of treatment he is receiving, I don't think he is healthy enough to wrestle. I don't think Roman is frail, but stuff like Chemotherapy and Radiation can certainly affect the body. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 2:23 PM, GoodbyeBread said:

This confirms what I have said in the past. Vince has a Patience problem!

Aside for that, I don't think its a good idea to bring roman back into the light again. As you mentioned, Roman reigns (or if you prefer Joe) needs to recover. If memory serves me correctly, he relinquished the title in October 22nd last year. Considering that he may have CML, that kind of treatment takes 4 months - 2 years to get under control. Now I am aware that we are at the 4 month mark, but remember: He said that his leukemia was remission for 11 years. For it to come back, this tells me that he needs to extend his treatment or therapy services. Plus, depending on the kind of treatment he is receiving, I don't think he is healthy enough to wrestle. I don't think Roman is frail, but stuff like Chemotherapy and Radiation can certainly affect the body. 

Vince is absolutely insane. This has the whole wrestling world questioning whether or not Reigns was actually ill with leukemia., that it was all a work AGAIN, to get sympathy for Roman and get him over. Un-fucking-believable. I can't wait for AEW.

On 2/23/2019 at 3:31 PM, jackmadrox said:

Vince is absolutely insane. This has the whole wrestling world questioning whether or not Reigns was actually ill with leukemia., that it was all a work AGAIN, to get sympathy for Roman and get him over. Un-fucking-believable. I can't wait for AEW.

Take what you saw with a grain of salt.

Leukemia is a serious matter and is something you don't want to make light of. As far as the tweet goes, they could just have him stand in the ring and have him talk about his progress. Waiting until raw to see how it plays out.

But I would share the same sentiment if this is a work. Vince would have Roman booed all the way until death. the audience, along with the wrestlers, will flock elsewhere (most likely New Japan, Ring of Honor and of course All Elite Wrestling). 

-----

In truth, I've just been burned out with WWE. Braun Strowman's momentum killed. Finn Balor never getting another world title shot. Becky Lynch getting her face cracked by Nia and stripped of an awesome survivor series match. Tye Dillenger is gone. Things don't seem good

Sure we have new NXT call ups, but at some point i fear they will hit a glass ceiling as well. But I don't want to be pessimistic. IT might lead to great things going forward.

I'm just at the point where i can't really look forward to or be excited for any of the matches without fear that somehow the booking will destroy them.

8 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

In truth, I've just been burned out with WWE. Braun Strowman's momentum killed. Finn Balor never getting another world title shot. Becky Lynch getting her face cracked by Nia and stripped of an awesome survivor series match. Tye Dillenger is gone. Things don't seem good

Sure we have new NXT call ups, but at some point i fear they will hit a glass ceiling as well. But I don't want to be pessimistic. IT might lead to great things going forward.

I'm just at the point where i can't really look forward to or be excited for any of the matches without fear that somehow the booking will destroy them.

I think everyone is afraid what will happen to the likes of Aleister Black, Johnny Gargano, etc, on the main roster. And we should be. 

• Like 1

Mysteriously have that same feeling I had when Cena returned from an injury waaaaay before they predicted and he won the Rumble several years ago, and it isn't a great feeling.  I mean, I'm glad he's healthy and blah blah blah (and I'm seriously about that, no one should have to deal with what he's dealing with) but I'm already sick of him.  Hopefully Bruce and Jeff will find a way to convince Vince not to go overboard.

Edited by skidmarkgn

This show was seriously awful. It's good that Joe Anoa'i (or whatever his name really is) is cured but Roman Reigns couldn't have returned at a worst time. RAW has never been as awful as the last year and him returning is just going to make the show even worse, they couldn't even wait to already make this f*cking Shield reunion and letting them once again make a joke of all the wrestlers that were in the ring when they should already be stars by now. Vince wasn't even trying to build some stars but now we can be sure he will really not try to create other stars.

Other than that, I really love Aleister Black, Ricochet, Tomaso Ciampo and Gargano but they shouldn't make them beat the revival, that's just awfully disrespectful to the champions and to the entire tag team division. Thankfully Smackdown has taken care of tag team wrestling for the last few years because RAW tag team division is at an all time low.

What's happening with Becky and Ronda is interesting but it's also a lot of déjà-vu so I don't really care to see them extend this story until mania and especially not by seeing the McMahons make this all about themselves once again.

At least this show had Batista and I'm really glad they are finally giving him what he deserves. He should have had this feud a few years ago but he will finally be able to properly retire the way he wanted to so I couldn't be more happy for him.

• Like 3

Vince McMahon and his addiction to the RAW ratings is taking things overboard. I'm happy for Roman Reigns, but he shouldn't have returned so sooner. From this point the main focus will be on The Shield and not Seth Rollins/Brock Lesnar. I mean, if Dean Ambrose was gonna be face again at least they could've just let both Seth and Dean settle their differences for now, like having Brock Lesnar attack Dean Ambrose maybe at the parking lot, and then maybe an F-5 the following week to keep Seth Rollins on the watch. Moving on to WrestleMania where Roman Reigns then returns to congratulate Seth Rollins so it wouldn't look like he's in between when it should be Seth's moment. 

Aleister Black and Ricochet will probably win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team classic this year at TakeOver New York (or whatever the PPV name will be). Having The Revivals lose while tag team champs just proves that Vince didn't want them to leave to AEW. Also just waiting for Aleister Black's name to be shortened to Aleister and Ricochet's to be Rico. Those disgusting writers' decisions. 

Batista returned at the right time, in a right way. This looks like Triple H/Sting 2015 all over as I wonder who'll challenge who for a match at WrestleMania. I like this feud already. Now we need AJ Styles and Randy Orton. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 3

I'm gonna tell you all, with a tear in my eye…this RAW was disappointing.

The beginning and the end were good, but the rest sucked so badly. Same old shit with Jinder Mahal, Braun Strowman, Elias, Lacey Evans, and Lashley/Balor. I'm happy for Joe, although I understand everyone who is suspicious, if this was all a ruse to get him over. I would never accuse them of anything, but four months is pretty short for something that serious.

Anyway, Becky didn't crash Ric Flair's Birthday celebration, because there was none and that was a huge letdown. In the end it all made sense, but man, I wanted to see The Nature Boy style and profile in the ring just one more time. They advertised it for weeks. Then they continued to advertise it throughout the whole show. Shawn Michaels was there, Ricky Steamboat, and even Sting. And for what? I guess the WWE Universe wasn't really invited.

I can't be mad at Batista though. This was simply brilliant, from the moment he pulled the camera man to Flair's locker room, up until he dragged Ric with him and called out Triple H. Heel Batista is back! B)

• Like 3

Do any of you have any solid evidence that the announcement was a fraud or anything else concerning this so-called 'short recovery time?'

No?

I didn't think so.

In other words your all just being like everyone else. ROMAN REIGNS HATERS.

As for me?

Well...

I can only say this...

LET IT REIGN

Edited by SelectiveGamer

2 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Do any of you have any solid evidence that the announcement was a fraud or anything else concerning this so-called 'short recovery time?'

No?

I didn't think so.

As for me?

Well...

I can only say this...

LET IT REIGN

What are you even talking about, nobody here stated that it was a work. People just said that the internet is talking about this being a work because Vince is an idiot that is taking advantage of this situation and since he has done some shitty things in the past it would not seem impossible for them to imagine him creating such a storyline to finally have Roman Reigns accepted by most of the WWE Universe. And in case you were watching the WWE shows mute for the last 6 years, Reigns was far from being accepted as the main guy before he announced he had leukemia.

Next time just learn to read what everyone is saying before acting like a paranoid fanboy that doesn't like when people speak badly of his favourite wrestler (which wasn't even the case...) And even if some people here think that Roman Reigns sucks why does it matter to you ? 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

No?

I didn't think so.

As for me?

Well...

I can only say this...

LET IT REIGN

And if it turns out it was a work to get Reigns over, will you still say, "Let It Reign"?

You see, you need time to recover from Leukemia treatment. From what I've read in google searches, the most minimal recovery time is 2 years.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

What are you even talking about, nobody here stated that it was a work. People just said that the internet is talking about this being a work because Vince is an idiot that his taking advantage of this situation and since he has done some shitty things in the past it would not seem impossible for them to imagine him creating such a storyline to finally have Roman Reigns accepted by most of the WWE Universe. And in case you were watching the WWE shows mute for the last 6 years, Reigns was far from being accepted as the main guy before he announced he had leukemia.

Next time just learn to read what everyone is saying before acting like a paranoid fanboy that doesn't like when people speak badly of his favourite wrestler (which wasn't even the case...) And even if some people here think that Roman Reigns sucks why does it matter to you ? 

It doesn't. I just don't like it when people make claims without solid evidence to back it up, which no one here has given.

12 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

And if it turns out it was a work to get Reigns over, will you still say, "Let It Reign"?

You see, you need time to recover from Leukemia treatment. From what I've read in google searches, the most minimal recovery time is 2 years.

Do you have solid evidence of this being a fraudulent announcement and claim? Yes or No?

If the answer is no... stop spreading misinformation just because you don't like a certain WWE Superstar.

Edited by SelectiveGamer

4 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Do you have solid evidence of this being a fraudulent announcement and claim? Yes or No?

Here you go. Chemotherapy severely damages the immune system, and that takes time to recover from. It's all right here in the link I have provided. He's back way too soon.

https://www.webmd.com/cancer/lymphoma/understanding-leukemia-treatment#1

• Like 1

And here we are, 2 months after the McMahon family's bullshit speach, Smackdown is beginning to suffer from their presence. 

Vince just needs to quit this business as soon as possible because he is just making bad decisions after bad decisions. I don't know if it's his age or he is just lazy to build a good storyline but why would he do to Kofi Kingston the exact same thing he did to Becky Lynch less than one month ago ? I wouldn't even be surprised if he replaced Rollins with Reigns at Wrestlemania since he is apparently not able to think rationally. 

The road to wrestlemania is quite disappoiting this year, it's one of the first time I'm not even looking forward to Wrestlemania. There is absolutely no hype about the show and even the good matches that are going to be on the card are built terribly.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

@SelectiveGamer  Relax, dude. As @itachi-destroyer already mentioned, nobody said it was a fraud. Furthermore, I don't think that anyone around here believes it was faked. It is nothing more than a conspiracy theory, which spread like wildfire over the past few months.

Fact is, everyone of us is happy for Joseph Anoa'i, no matter what some might think of the character named Roman Reigns. You can't blame people for addressing a "What If" type scenario. There is a difference between speculating about a subject and claiming to know the whole truth.

3 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

And here we are, 2 months after the McMahon family's bullshit speach, Smackdown is beginning to suffer from their presence. 

Vince just needs to quit this business as soon as possible because he is just making bad decisions after bad decisions. I don't know if it's his age or he is just lazy to build a good storyline but why would he do to Kofi Kingston the exact same thing he did to Becky Lynch less than one month ago ? I wouldn't even be surprised if he replaced Rollins with Reigns at Wrestlemania since he is apparently not able to think rationally. 

The road to wrestlemania is quite disappoiting this year, it's one of the first time I'm not even looking forward to Wrestlemania. There is absolutely no hype about the show and even the good matches that are going to be on the card are built terribly.

I agree, it's uncreative and lame to replace Kofi this way. Sort of a rinse and repeat by Vince. He is doing whatever he wants, handing out spots, while Triple H, Stephanie, and Shane look like damn fools.

This has to be part of a bigger picture. If not, then he is just successfully destroying his own product. Every time a superstar is really over, Vince has to intervene or somehow put his stamp on it. I wouldn't be surprised if Becky and Kofi lose momentum because of that.

It doesn't help a returning Kevin Owens either. He is supposed to be a babyface now, but if you get hand-picked by the old man, you get heat. It's that simple. At least they have the chance to build up Kofi a bit more until WrestleMania, if that is the plan behind this chaotic booking...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

1 minute ago, Jesaya815 said:

I agree, it's uncreative and lame to replace Kofi this way. Sort of a rinse and repeat by Vince. He is doing whatever he wants, handing out spots, while Triple H, Stephanie, and Shane look like damn fools.

This has to be part of a bigger picture. If not, then he is just successfully destroying his own product. Every time a superstar is really over, Vince has to intervene or somehow put his stamp on it. I wouldn't be surprised if Becky and Kofi lose momentum because of that.

It doesn't help a returning Kevin Owens either. He is supposed to be a babyface now, but if you get hand-picked by the old man, you get heat. It's that simple. At least they have the chance to build up Kofi a bit more until WrestleMania, if that is the plan behind this chaotic booking...

I agree wholeheartedly. It feels like Zack Ryder all over again. "He/She is over, When I say they're over."

As much I like Kevin Owens, this was a bad move on their part. if they wanted to make Kevin owens babyface, they should've had him intervene where Danial Bryan and Eric Rowan end up ganging up on Kofi.But @Jesaya815 said, if your hand picked by vince, you will get ire from the fans. 

I would like to remain optimistic. I'm hoping Vince's decisions in the storyline are a building block for HHH/Shane/Stephanie putting Becky and Kofi in WrestleMania, just to spite him. 

• Like 3

So this year's Road to WrestleMania has a theme "getting screwed."

Vince McMahon, oh yeah that old man again, tripping on the same stone twice. Who even knows, maybe he'll trip again soon. So Becky Lynch gets robbed (making the Royal Rumble victory pointless and taking a superstar from SmackDown to challenge for title that is exclusive to RAW, when she didn't even win an opportunity or get an official permission to do so) and now Kofi Kingston, from out of nowhere. Gets replaced from someone who just returned from injury (I'm not saying I'm not glad that KO is back, it's just that the McMahons aren't fulfilling what they said after firing Corbin as RAW GM). Something similar also happened last year when Charlotte returned and automatically got into that triple threat SD Women's Championship match at SummerSlam 2018. I'm even starting to believe @itachi-destroyer about having Seth Rollins replaced by Roman Reigns because Mr "no chance in hell" can do it. 

Sami Zayn will probably return after WrestleMania. 

• Like 4

Whether the Roman Reigns leukemia story was a work or not should be of no difference to anyone, sure it would be a dick move but far from the worst the WWE has ever done since I watched it. It also does not change anything about Roman Reigns. I and many other people disliked the guy as an in-ring performer for solid reasons, his disease would not change these reasons so I do not see why I should suddenly chear the guy I disliked for the last few years. Roman was suffering from the three o's, overpaid, overrated, overused, and I do not see that changing after his return. You will have this guy back as a mainstay in the big title picture, and he will regularly go over more talented and experienced performers once again.

As to the shows in general, I quite enjoyed the beginning and the end of Raw, though most things inbetween were either boring or annoying, especially the whole Becky Lynch popping up every show gets really tedious and nonsensical at this point. Like seriously, you have let this lass invade the show how many times by now? You gonna tell me that even after multiple fuck ups the security can't stop a 60kg woman who stands out wherever she goes from getting into every arena?

Smackdown was interesting, though the fact that Vince Mcmahon is pulling the same shit twice seems kinda lazy. At least with Kevin Owens we have another great performer back in action, his matches with Daniel Bryan should be fantastic, especially considering their history. Charlotte Flair no selling her fathers beatdown was a bit strange but I guess heels can't be bothered to have any kind of symphaty for anyone. The one thing that confuses me about Smackdown is how the show does not give a flying fuck about it's own womens title. Becky elevated that thing and now they seemingly want to forget it even exists. Asuka is often not active on the show, her competition gets half arsed and the two most over women on the show give no shit about the belt and rather would get the Raw womens title, really is saying something.

I do not really care that much for Fastlane, this is a throwaway ppv, usually nothing of note happens there because it is too close to Wrestlemania. The best anyone can expect are some solid matches, but I seriosly doubt any relevant titles will change hands, the Universal championship won't even be on the line.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Here you go. Chemotherapy severely damages the immune system, and that takes time to recover from. It's all right here in the link I have provided. He's back way too soon.

https://www.webmd.com/cancer/lymphoma/understanding-leukemia-treatment#1

That's not solid evidence that it was a fraud. I asked for solid evidence that the announcement and recovery time was a fraud. This is not that.

I'm just going to leave this here and move one because I'm sick of everyone making false claims of it being a fraud.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/2/26/18241635/people-calling-roman-reigns-leukemia-a-work-facts-perspective-on-disease

?

Either way...

We-Fight-We-Overcome-We-Believe-shirt_1-

EVERYTHING IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD.

Signature re-changed.

17 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

That's not solid evidence that it was a fraud. I asked for solid evidence that the announcement and recovery time was a fraud. This is not that.

I'm just going to leave this here and move one because I'm sick of everyone making false claims of it being a fraud.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/2/26/18241635/people-calling-roman-reigns-leukemia-a-work-facts-perspective-on-disease

?

Either way...

We-Fight-We-Overcome-We-Believe-shirt_1-

EVERYTHING IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD.

Signature re-changed.

Dont worry everyone will go back to hating Reigns in 3 months because fans are fickle.