The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I really enjoyed the Smackdown and RAW Tag Team title matchs and the United States Fatal-4-Way. The rest was decent but I skipped the main event since I f*cking hate The Shield.

Honestly, it was a good match though. The Shield as a unit have such varying styles that it creates matches full of spots and momentum shifts, imo. Most of their 3 on 3 matches have been good. Evolution, Wyatts, (maybe not so much the Bar and Miz) but in general. 

59 minutes ago, OneSkillPoint said:

Honestly, it was a good match though. The Shield as a unit have such varying styles that it creates matches full of spots and momentum shifts, imo. Most of their 3 on 3 matches have been good. Evolution, Wyatts, (maybe not so much the Bar and Miz) but in general. 

Oh I'm not saying the opposite, it's good if people are entertained by them. I enjoyed when they faced Evolution (that may very well be the only time I enjoyed one of their match actually) but I just don't like them or most of their matches. I find Dean Ambrose boring, same for Reigns, Rollins is better but is just too bland for me as a face and I'm just tired of their reunion twice a year only to bury a couple of superstars as if they have not been shove down our throats for the last 6 or 7 years at the expense of other, more talented superstars. 

It's kind of like John Cena 10 years ago, the only difference is that even though I didn't like John Cena during the period where he was unbeatable, he still managed to entertain me and make me care about his feuds, which is not the case with The Shield (or any member of The Shield, whether it's individually or as a group).

• Like 2

RAW wasn't too bad for once I guess, but they can't help making stupid moves like making a fight between Seth Rollins and Shelton Benjamin. Respect the brand split or cancel it but it's just stupid at this point to see Smackdown wrestlers on RAW.

As far as the show is concerned, I love this side of Ronda Rousey but it sucks that she is going to lose just after showing this side of her character, hopefully she isn't the one taking the pin at wrestlemania.

The segment between Triple H and Batista was funny (even though it wasn't supposed to be) because it almost seemed like Batista was a child throwing a tantrum and Triple H was the angry father that didn't know how to calm his little boy.

I enjoyed the beating Drew McIntyre gave to Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, too bad it's going to likely end in the same bullshit way we have already seen for years : "build a superstar up, make it job to Roman Reigns, repeat"...

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

Yeah, RAW was decent. The main event was awesome. Drew single-handedly took out The Shield a few months ago. Then they came back and now he's doing it again…until they get their revenge at least. He must win the Universal or WWE Championship this year. They missed their opportunity with Braun Strowman, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Samoa Joe, but it's not too late for McIntyre.

Btw, what the hell are they doing with Braun? A "feud" with two SNL clowns?! Man, I thought it was bad last year with Nicholas…

Batista seemed a bit nervous and possibly forgot parts of his promo. Luckily, Triple H helped him out with some silly lines and the intensity between the two totally makes up for it.

Harlem Heat joins the Hall of Fame class of 2019 and unlike Torrie Wilson, Booker T & Stevie Ray truly deserve it. I wish Sherri Martel would still be alive to be there as well.

Kurt Angle announced his farewell tour and is going to retire soon. I'm curious to find out who his WrestleMania opponent will be. Angle really had a great career, but it's time to call it quits.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

Yeah, RAW was decent. The main event was awesome. Drew single-handedly took out The Shield a few months ago. Then they came back and now he's doing it again…until they get their revenge at least. He must win the Universal or WWE Championship this year. They missed their opportunity with Braun Strowman, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Samoa Joe, but it's not too late for McIntyre.

Btw, what the hell are they doing with Braun? A "feud" with two SNL clowns?! Man, I thought it was bad last year with Nicholas…

Batista seemed a bit nervous and possibly forgot parts of his promo. Luckily, Triple H helped him out with some silly lines and the intensity between the two totally makes up for it.

Harlem Heat joins the Hall of Fame class of 2019 and unlike Torrie Wilson, Booker T & Stevie Ray truly deserve it. I wish Sherri Martel would still be alive to be there as well.

Kurt Angle announced his farewell tour and is going to retire soon. I'm curious to find out who his WrestleMania opponent will be. Angle really had a great career, but it's time to call it quits.

The thing is Booker T is already in the Hall of Fame although I didn't watch much WCW back in the day is Stevie Ray really deserving a spot in there?

2 hours ago, Martain2 said:

The thing is Booker T is already in the Hall of Fame although I didn't watch much WCW back in the day is Stevie Ray really deserving a spot in there?

That's right, Booker joins Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels as a two time Hall of Famer. And Stevie Ray absolutely deserves it. Harlem Heat is one of the greatest teams in history. They dominated Tag Team wrestling in WCW during the 90s and won the titles ten times. A record for the ages. ;)

Didn't preview Fastlane, but it was alright. 

I'm guessing "decent" is the term to use for RAW. I'm curious as well to find out who Kurt Angle will be facing at WrestleMania. This actually reveals that this year's WM will possess the biggest PPV card in history. 

Batista and Triple H's segment was amazing. A few memes and jokes here and there, like how Batista's Theme song goes "I WALK ALONE!", but he brought along security guards to protect him ?. Also reference of Guardians of the Galaxy and other cool elements making the segment really entertaining. I'm excited to see this match, WrestleMania 21 rematch. I hope we get something like this for AJ Styles and Randy Orton on SmackDown. 

Braun Strowman to have another pointless WrestleMania. Looks like he's gonna beat up those two guys, which one of them failed to sell and react to getting choked on the wall last week.

Already saw it coming - Finn Bálor not having a decent title reign. I would really like to see the mid card titles have big matches, like maybe ladder with 6 participants at WrestleMania. 

The best part of the show was the falls count anywhere match. At least they showed us Drew McIntyre is still who he is than what he's been for the past couple of weeks siding with Corbin and Lashley. There are rumors that he might face Roman Reigns at WrestleMania and I agree it will be a captivating match, but kinda obvious that The Big Dog will be victorious. He returned too soon, so keeping him out of the Universal title picture for a while will be what's best. 

The best part of the falls count anywhere match was that Renee Young's commentary actually sold the hell out of the match which made it even more intriguing. 

• Like 2

Smackdown was really good, Randy Orton and AJ Styles killed it as I expected and I can't wait to see them at Wrestlemania. The tag team match between Samoa Joe and Andrade vs Rey Mysterio and R-Truth was great too but they should stop making champions lose in a stupid way like that. 

Finally the main event... I don't care how much people love Kofi Kingston but if he wins the gauntlet match next week it's bullshit. He should never beat Samoa Joe, Randy Orton or any other main event caliber superstar (and especially not consecutively in a gauntlet match) because he is just not at their level. Kofi Kingston is a good athlete, he has a decent mic skill level and he did create a few memories that the WWE universe will never forget but guess what ? A lot of other wrestlers that never won the big one did too. Kofi Kingston is just like Dolph Ziggler, they are "good" at everything but they are just not good enough to be main eventer and (most importantly) to stay main eventer. 

Now before someone comes to say "he deserves to have an opportunity", yes he does, but he should not have this opportunity at Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania should be about top caliber superstars competing for the top title, not a group of people throwing pancakes against an angry environmentalist with a stupid eco-friendly championship belt.

It's because WWE is putting everyone at the same level that we don't have main eventers anymore. If anybody can beat anybody that should be top superstars we end up with sh*t shows that no one cares for because there is no one at the top of the food chain. We should have jobbers, midcarders and main eventers, not jobbers, midcarders and no one on top (except for Brock Lesnar but he doesn't even count).

• Like 3

SmackDown was good. 

Randy Orton and AJ Styles' segment on SmackDown was Batista and Triple's segment on RAW. Technically what Randy Orton said was really true. AJ Styles firing back was also savage. Calling the RKO a "Diamond cutter ripoff". Their match will tear down the house and I do hope Randy Orton brings back the punt kick, oh please. 

What Shane McMahon said was also true and I hope their match will be just as good as it should be. 

Vince McMahon going back to 2011 saying the fans don't deserve anything lol. In my head I was just imagining CM Punk coming and telling him to apologise ?

The gauntlet match is a stupid idea. Especially including Samoa Joe and Randy Orton in it. Obviously if he wins he'll get some help from AJ Styles, Rey Mysterio, Mustafa Ali and the other New Day members. 

• Like 2

Smackdown was amazing. All the things that went down happened for a reason - to build up something for WrestleMania. Orton and Styles were the highlights of the show. Their segment definitely was a joy to watch.

Interesting cliffhanger for next week. I guess the idea behind the gauntlet could be to push Kofi with a couple big wins, though I somehow doubt that he will be able to beat every participant. People usually dislike this kind of superman booking rather quick. As a side note, wouldn't it be ironic if Orton was the one to put an end to Kofi's push again, just like he did ten years ago?! :P

It remains a mystery why Vince even cares about Kofi so much as of late. Why is Kofi the only one to get an opportunity? I'm sure Samoa Joe, Randy Orton, Sheamus or Cesaro would love to have a WWE Championship Match as well, but that is not part of the storyline.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 11:20 AM, Jesaya815 said:

It remains a mystery why Vince even cares about Kofi so much as of late. Why is Kofi the only one to get an opportunity? I'm sure Samoa Joe, Randy Orton, Sheamus or Cesaro would love to have a WWE Championship Match as well, but that is not part of the storyline.

And I get the whole "heel authority gimmick" and "it worked for Daniel Bryan so it will work for everyone" but Daniel Bryan got over IN SPITE OF BAD BOOKING not because of it.

Like just look at this from a business point of view. Kofi is one of their best merchandise sales, he is a great athlete, and is over with the crowd...so you don't want him main eventing shows?

They really have to stop doing this ridiculous storyline because all it does is just gets people to say "meh" and then they wonder why no one is over.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

And I get the whole "heel authority gimmick" and "it worked for Daniel Bryan so it will work for everyone" but Daniel Bryan got over IN SPITE OF BAD BOOKING not because of it.

Like just look at this from a business point of view. Kofi is one of their best merchandise sales, he is a great athlete, and is over with the crowd...so you don't want him main eventing shows?

They really have to stop doing this ridiculous storyline because all it does is just gets people to say "meh" and then they wonder why no one is over.

Hey, I'm not taking anything away from Kofi. As a matter of fact, I always liked him as a performer. His old gimmick was much cooler though. The theme song was catchy as hell too. That's the Kofi I would want to see as WWE Champion.

He was on his way to the main event back then, but they stopped pushing him and so he ended up in a tag team called The New Day. He has been in said group for five years. Many consider him to be just a tag team wrestler now. You don't see Dash Wilder or Otis Dozovic challenge Brock Lesnar or Bobby Lashley either. When you are in a tag team, you usually don't compete for a singles title, let alone win it.

Kofi isn't a cash cow per se when it comes to merchandise, but The New Day is. I don't think Vince is willing to risk that, which means Kofi will possibly just have a short run, before he's back to square one.

Vince was lazy and had no plans for Daniel Bryan (except a match against Kevin Owens maybe). He was lucky and so was Kofi, because his spot at Elimination Chamber was originally Mustafa Ali's. The fans decided they want Kingston, yet it's not like they chanted "KofiMania" for the past decade and finally, after all these years, Vince listens to the WWE Universe.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Hey, I'm not taking anything away from Kofi. As a matter of fact, I always liked him as a performer. His old gimmick was much cooler though. The theme song was catchy as hell too. That's the Kofi I would want to see as WWE Champion.

He was on his way to the main event back then, but they stopped pushing him and so he ended up in a tag team called The New Day. He has been in said group for five years. Many consider him to be just a tag team wrestler now. You don't see Dash Wilder or Otis Dozovic challenge Brock Lesnar or Bobby Lashley either. When you are in a tag team, you usually don't compete for a singles title, let alone win it.

Kofi isn't a cash cow per se when it comes to merchandise, but The New Day is. I don't think Vince is willing to risk that, which means Kofi will possibly just have a short run, before he's back to square one.

Vince was lazy and had no plans for Daniel Bryan (except a match against Kevin Owens maybe). He was lucky and so was Kofi, because his spot at Elimination Chamber was originally Mustafa Ali's. The fans decided they want Kingston, yet it's not like they chanted "KofiMania" for the past decade and finally, after all these years, Vince listens to the WWE Universe.

Just because I like Botched Spots :P

2019-03-15-kofi-mania.jpg

I think the point I was making was Vince needs to put himself into the storyline because he actually thinks it is helping...but he does it every time. That is why I laughed so hard when I saw this was the comic today because that was exactly what I was just saying.

Sure Kofi is a tag team guy...but so was Jeff Hardy, Edge, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, HHH, Bully Ray, JBL etc. Some of those people went on to be HUGE stars and others had a decent run in the main event scene for a little while.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 4:28 AM, itachi-destroyer said:

The segment between Triple H and Batista was funny (even though it wasn't supposed to be) because it almost seemed like Batista was a child throwing a tantrum

That's usually the way it works with Batista. He's always been an entitled little crybaby.

The wrestling aspect of last night's RAW wasn't too bad I guess but the "entertainment" side is just atrocious.

Did they really choose Baron Corbin as Kurt Angle final opponent ? Honestly I find it REALLY hard to believe, not only it doesn't seem plausible but they also made Corbin lose to Apolo Crews last night which makes me doubt this match even more. I know WWE is stupid but come on they can't be that stupid can they ? :P If it really happens it is a really disrespectful way to end  the career of one the greatest of all time.

Another thing that is beginning to really suck is the becky lynch vs ronda rousey storyline. At first it was a cool story about two badass women wanting to prove who's really the baddest b*tch on the planet. After that they decided to give a shitty leg injury to Becky Lynch, then they decided to make this all about the McMahon family, then they decided to ban Becky from WWE and replaced her with Charlotte, then Ronda Rousey acted like a babyface to have the McMahon put Becky back in the match by leaving her title in the ring, the week after that Stephanie McMahon is announcing that Charlotte vs Becky Lynch will be for the RAW Women's championship at Fastlane but Ronda decides to come back and get her title back, then Stephanie gives her the title back and say that Becky and Charlotte will now compete at Fastlane for the spot at wrestlemania (but Charlotte is in no matter what even though she wasn't a part of the feud to begin with) then Ronda turns heel but still saves Becky at fastlane and finally we saw last night that Ronda Rousey's husband is hitting a referee lol. 

It would have been so much better if they kept things as simple as "The cocky and arrogant girl that is becoming a top star in the women's division VS The most dominant female athlete in WWE". I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure I'm not the only one that loved this storyline in the beginning and just don't care about it anymore. (And it's not the first time this is happening, each and every time a superstar is rising on its own the McMahon have to put themselves in the storyline and ruin everything. It worked with Steve Austin and CM Punk but that doesn't mean it is going to work every time...)

One thing I am enjoying is the fact that they are starting (again) to use Drew McIntyre the way they should but I'm not setting my hopes really high since it will most likely end with McIntyre losing to Reigns at wrestlemania ?

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

The wrestling aspect of last night's RAW wasn't too bad I guess but the "entertainment" side is just atrocious.

Did they really choose Baron Corbin as Kurt Angle final opponent ? Honestly I find it REALLY hard to believe, not only it doesn't seem plausible but they also made Corbin lose to Apolo Crews last night which makes me doubt this match even more. I know WWE is stupid but come on they can't be that stupid can they ? :P If it really happens it is a really disrespectful way to end  the career of one the greatest of all time.

I hope this was a work. Corbin would be a bad choose. 

• Like 1

When you hear "We want Cena" chants in a town like Chicago, you know that either hell froze over or WWE seriously messed up again xD . Storyline-wise, Baron actually makes sense, but I hope he's just a placeholder. Maybe Kurt beats Corbin in a few seconds and before he officially retires, Cena comes out to challenge him to a final match.

3 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

One thing I am enjoying is the fact that they are starting (again) to use Drew McIntyre the way they should but I'm not setting my hopes really high since it will most likely end with McIntyre losing to Reigns at wrestlemania 1f644.png

Call me crazy, but I think Drew has a good chance to win at WrestleMania. McIntyre could be Seth's first opponent (if Rollins wins the Universal title). He is the only credible heel on RAW. With clean victories over Dean, Seth, and Roman, Drew would have every right to claim a shot at the championship.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

When you hear "We want Cena" chants in a town like Chicago, you know that either hell froze over or WWE seriously messed up again xD . Storyline-wise, Baron actually makes sense, but I hope he's just a placeholder. Maybe Kurt beats Corbin in a few seconds and before he officially retires, Cena comes out to challenge him to a final match.

Call me crazy, but I think Drew has a good chance to win at WrestleMania. McIntyre could be Seth's first opponent (if Rollins wins the Universal title). He is the only credible heel on RAW. With clean victories over Dean, Seth, and Roman, Drew would have every right to claim a shot at the championship.

Yeah lol but I think everyone can agree that Cena would be a much better final opponent for Kurt than Corbin. Cena had his first match against Kurt, (correct me if I'm wrong) he introduced him for the Hall Of Fame and it would just feel like a really special moment. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens but I believe that your idea makes a lot of sense :) 

I would love that but I don't know Reigns just returned, people are behind him and he already lost last year so I doubt it however I wouldn't call anyone crazy since I'm the first making crazy predictions; it's not time for the Wrestlemania predictions yet but here is one of my crazy predictions : Lesnar will retain :P 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Yeah lol but I think everyone can agree that Cena would be a much better final opponent for Kurt than Corbin. Cena had his first match against Kurt, (correct me if I'm wrong) he introduced him for the Hall Of Fame and it would just feel like a really special moment. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens but I believe that your idea makes a lot of sense :) 

I would love that but I don't know Reigns just returned, people are behind him and he already lost last year so I doubt it however I wouldn't call anyone crazy since I'm the first making crazy predictions; it's not time for the Wrestlemania predictions yet but here is one of my crazy predictions : Lesnar will retain :P 

Absolutely, with the history Kurt Angle and John Cena have together, their story would write itself. Then again, we all thought Becky vs Ronda would be a no-brainer too and as you pointed out, WWE successfully ruined that as well. :facepalm:

Don't jinx it, man. You know what happens when Lesnar and Reigns win their matches - it will be Brock vs Roman on May 3 in Saudi Arabia for the 108th time xD ! One thing is for sure though, with so many possible feel good moments (Becky, Seth, Kofi, Roman, Kurt...), at least one of them is going to be very disappointed after WrestleMania.

• Like 2