The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Let's see...other ideas for Kurt

As mentioned Cena could make sense. He is a huge name, first match against Angle and would be an OK match.

-Rey- He doesn't need to fight for the US title for the 2000th time so he could face off against Angle as those 2 have had amazing matches in the past.

-Joe-does the US title really need to be on the line at Mania? Joe and Angle have had amazing matches in the past and I don't think they have fought in the WWE yet.

-Shelton Benjamin-sure this isn't as big as the other 3 but those 2 have a lot of history together and would put on an amazing match

-Chad Gable-would just be a fun match and would give the rub to a younger guy

BARON CORBIN....WHAT THE FUCK WWE.

Well I understand so many people want Cena to be Kurt Angle's opponent at WrestleMania. Baron Corbin is probably just there as his first challenger, then he'll ask for another challenge. No signs for The Undertaker yet and that sounds crazy because he should've retired years ago. 

Nothing to say or react to about this week apart from The Miz's amazing promo and maybe the whole KofiMania thing. Babyface or heel, Miz is still godly on the mic. Can't wait to see their match and then see where things will go from there. Kofi winning a gauntlet match and accumulating a longer time than Seth Rollins. It's just another work, considering hearing Daniel Bryan say he's nothing more than a "B+ player", something similar that happened with the Daniel Bryan underdog push in 2014. 

• Like 3

Asuka will face either Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Naomi or Carmella at wrestlemania great. Just proves once again that the main roster is run by a bunch of retards that don't know how to book superstars.

This whole situation with Kofi Kingston is ridiculous. He shouldn't even have been able to beat both members of The Bar but he did and he also defeated Samoa Joe and Randy Orton CLEAN. That's just pure bullshit they can go f*ck themselves with their stupid booking decisions there is no way I'm paying a subscription to see Wrestlemania this year.

Good way to make half of the roster look stupid. The Bar were treated like shit once again maybe it's supposed to be a running gag but it's stupid that they were able to defeat The New Day as a team but they are not able to defeat a single member of The New Day ? Samoa Joe is presented like a killing machine that was once presented as a huge threat to Brock Lesnar but he lost against an exhausted superstar that was already destroyed by 3 superstars ? And finally Randy Orton, a 13 time world champion that accomplished everything in the business, defeated most of the greatest of all time can't beat a midcarder that went through a table and was placed in the coquina clutch between the ropes ? This must be a joke. After this match how are we supposed to believe that Randy Orton stands a chance against AJ Styles and that Samoa Joe can beat Rey Mysterio ?

They made it seem like Kofi was more unbeatable than John Cena when he was at his best somehow. 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Asuka will face either Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Naomi or Carmella at wrestlemania great. Just proves once again that the main roster is run by a bunch of retards that don't know how to book superstars.

This is not SmackDown booking's fault. It's a mix of RAW awfulness (stole two our big guns to save their Women's division) and a Vince is Vince. If she's asian, she ugly and has no appeal. If she blonde, he'll push her to the moon. To him, Mandy Rose is the new Sable (except Mandy has a personality, talent, friends, some mic skills, an IQ, work ethic, a great bod, heart, talent, a personality, talent...).  I know I repeated myself, but Sable was terrible.

I don't mind them pushing Mandy and Sonya vs Asuka, it' just forced and the women already have triple threat happening. Personally, I wanted Naomi since she's the most versatile next to Charlotte.

This whole situation with Kofi Kingston is ridiculous. He shouldn't even have been able to beat both members of The Bar but he did and he also defeated Samoa Joe and Randy Orton CLEAN. That's just pure bullshit they can go f*ck themselves with their stupid booking decisions there is no way I'm paying a subscription to see Wrestlemania this year.

I usually don't disagree with but... Hmmm... nope, still agree with you. I like Kofi, last night was ridiculous. Beating all five more or less clean was insulting. Beating both the Bar... OK

Beating Rowan... A stretch, but OK

Beating Joe... maybe if Joe was the first opponent... maybe... but after the Bar & Rowan destroying him? BS.

Beating Orton after all the rest? Nope, no, nadda, I think not.

What really annoyed me though was people name checking Kofi, like he was a legend. Miz did it, I think Styles did it, Owens did it...

Edited by MySenkai
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, MySenkai said:

This is not SmackDown booking's fault. It's a mix of RAW awfulness (stole two our big guns to save their Women's division) and a Vince is Vince. If she's asian, she ugly and has no appeal. If she blonde, he'll push her to the moon. To him, Mandy Rose is the new Sable (except Mandy has a personality, talent, friends, some mic skills, an IQ, work ethic, a great bod, heart, talent, a personality, talent...).  I know I repeated myself, but Sable was terrible.

I don't mind them pushing Mandy and Sonya vs Asuka, it' just forced and the women already have triple threat happening. Personally, I wanted Naomi since she's the most versatile next to Charlotte.

I usually don't disagree with but... Hmmm... nope, still agree with you. I like Kofi, last night was ridiculous. Beating all five more or less clean was insulting. Beating both the Bar... OK

Beating Rowan... A stretch, but OK

Beating Joe... maybe if Joe was the first opponent... maybe... but after the Bar & Rowan destroying him? BS.

Beating Orton after all the rest? Nope, no, nadda, I think not.

Vince should stop caring about what he thinks or wants and really listen to the fans. Asuka is far from looking ugly (In my opinion she looks really good and I can't be the only one on earth who think this way :P ) and most importantly, she is the most talented in-ring women in WWE period, her only weakness is her mic skill but it wasn't a problem in NXT so if she was used correctly it wouldn't be a problem on the main roster either. 

Sure Mandy Rose isn't bad but she isn't a legitimate contender for Asuka and the rest of the SD's women roster isn't either. I find it quite sad to see WWE waste so much talent just because of an old man's liking. The worst thing is that she isn't even the focus of the storyline, she is just there because she is the champion it's kind of ridiculous.

I'm willing to bet that her championship reign is going to be as bad as Shinsuke Nakamura's US Title reign and then they are going to say "you see fans don't care about her" as if anyone is going to care about a superstar being booked terribly and not appearing on TV shows...

• Like 3

I'm willing to bet that her championship reign is going to be as bad as Shinsuke Nakamura's US Title reign and then they are going to say "you see fans don't care about her" as if anyone is going to care about a superstar being booked terribly and not appearing on TV shows...

Asuka's reign already is as terrible as Shinsuke's was. They were on the right track with her, but it went downhill after the Royal Rumble. I feel sorry for all these great female competitors and former NXT stars, such as Asuka, Ember Moon, or Nikki Cross.

WWE had enough time to build a match between Asuka and Cross for example. Or to give Lacey Evans a proper introduction (old school vignettes, an interview where she talks about her military background, a couple of matches to show her skills…).

As far as the Fatal 4 Way is concerned, Mandy and Sonya should rather challenge Sasha and Bayley for the Tag titles instead of having a rivalry with Asuka. Naomi would be okay I guess, since Naomi and Asuka are buddies. Carmella had two PPV matches with Asuka, we don't need to see a third one.

The gauntlet match was good, but I agree with you all, it was way too much. I feared it would be superman booking and well, that's exactly what happened. One can argue that it wasn't, because Kofi beat Joe and Orton with a roll up, and Rowan was disqualified. Nonetheless, Kofi pinned four top guys in 50 minutes without any help.

One last thing, I hope Andrade will be added to the US Championship Match. He deserves it just as much as Rey does.

• Like 3

On 3/20/2019 at 1:20 PM, Jesaya815 said:

Asuka's reign already is as terrible as Shinsuke's was. They were on the right track with her, but it went downhill after the Royal Rumble. I feel sorry for all these great female competitors and former NXT stars, such as Asuka, Ember Moon, or Nikki Cross.

WWE had enough time to build a match between Asuka and Cross for example. Or to give Lacey Evans a proper introduction (old school vignettes, an interview where she talks about her military background, a couple of matches to show her skills…).

As far as the Fatal 4 Way is concerned, Mandy and Sonya should rather challenge Sasha and Bayley for the Tag titles instead of having a rivalry with Asuka. Naomi would be okay I guess, since Naomi and Asuka are buddies. Carmella had two PPV matches with Asuka, we don't need to see a third one.

Cross/Sanity are horribly wasted. The biggest problem with Lacey Evans stuff is no focus. For instance, if she only did her distraction walkway thing during Asuka's matches or promos, then they'd at least be telling a story (disrespecting Asuka), but right now she just walks out there randomly for no reason.

When they made Asuka and Naomi buddies, I was hoping Naomi would become a mouthpiece for her since Naomi has solid mic skills.

Personally, I'm fine because I like when she tears into someone in japanese then finishes with "You are not ready..."

Edited by MySenkai
  • Like 2

RAW

Many things on current Raw are really annoying to me. Baron Corbin as Kurt Angles last opponent is the worst offender. Corbin is underwhelming in the ring and lacks the ability to carry someone like Angle who can barely work anymore due to decades of injuries. Kurt needs a really good worker to drag him to one last great match. If Shawn Michaels could carry an ancient Ric Flair to a great last match then someone on the roster can carry Kurt Angle to a great last match, I am sure of it, but Corbin is not the one. If he can't have a good match because his opponent is not a great worker himself, at least throw in the big names as a farewel for Kurt, John Cena and the Undertaker come to mind. None of these two would be able to have a good match with him honestly, but at least it would be nostalgic. Corbin really does not convince me, especially not if they bury him instead of building him up.

A close second in annoying is everything Nia Jax and Tamina are doing, these two were always hard to tolerate but have become downright unbearable by now. They interfere in everyones bussiness and I just hope a few divas would join together and go whale hunting, but we probably see a carcrash of a womens mass tag team match that will serve as a toilet break at Wrestlemania.

Also, why the hell can't they ever do something meaningful with Braun Strowman at Wrestlemania? That guy should be in top matches or feud at this stage, but last year they devalued the tag team titles with him and a random kid from the crowd and now they throw him into the shitty battle royale, like that thing has ever put anyone over. Really seems like a waste to misuse the big man like that.

At least they are giving Drew some credibility, but that is about all Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar have done. Brocks appearances should have weight, the beast visits Raw on rare occasions so people should be able to expect something great, not just the same routine with Lesnar barely doing anything other than lifting his belt and having his stupid grin. For the money this guy is making, a few moves should not be too much to ask as a bare minimum.

Anything I enjoyed on Raw? Well I kinda like the Triple H vs Batista idea, even though Batistas motivation makes zero sense. One of the most pushed guys in the companies history complaining about being held back, come on, and whats with the evil movie villain shtick? Sounds like a decent idea made worse overall with stupid booking.

I actually enjoyed the Kurt Angle match, but I am not sure if the match quality was great or I am just biased because it is one of Kurts last matches, been watching the guy since my childhood.

Also, Rousey is great as a heel, you can tell it comes naturally to her. It made me somewhat interested in a feud I could barely get excited about anymore, and that is saying something.

SMACKDOWN

Great gauntled match, even though the last minute Vince screwjob got on my nerves. I mean it is classic Vince but come on, at this point you buried half the roster for Kofi, his ass is going to mania and everyone knows it, stop teasing the shit and just do it so the match, do a multi man match if you have to but set it in stone so it can have some actual build up. Got invested in the match though, no denying that Kofi can put up a good show. The Miz promo was good but it just feels strange to see him as anything other than a heel because he has the most punchable face in the company. It does suck that it is once again a Mcmahon that is involved, like I know they promised to be more involved but do we really need them that much? There should be enough wrestlers with nothing to do that could work with someone like Miz. Also, the Miz is ruthless, always has been, so it makes no sense that he would not even hint going after Shanes father as revenge.

The matches were all good, maybe except the womens tag team that saw the champions lose to nobodies and the nameless (at least for me) blonde walking bimbo had her usual boring walk in, either do something with her or throw her back whereever she came from. This just reminds of the Emalina stuff that had some peoples interest but lost it after it just kept coming for months without her doing anything. Nice that they have Kevin Owens back with his show, but I found it hard to care for the Becky and Charlotte confrontation. This is going on for months by now, with hardly anything new. Years back rivalries that were this serious and went for this long had some escalation, stipulation matches, serious consequences, subtle dynamic changes to the characters stances and interactions (think about Triple H vs Stone Cold rivalry), this is just more of the same and it got old for me, with only Rousey keeping it somewhat fresh at the moment. Don't really care about anything o... hoooly crap was that Dominic? Damn now I feel old, still remember him as a kid in the Summerslam 2005 ladder match with Eddie... that was how many years ago? Naaw, that would mean... shiiitt...

WrestleMania is 2,5 weeks away, I am excited for most of the matches, mass throwaway matches and misbooked matches like Angle vs Corbin aside. They do not have much time left, and I think this is a good thing. They clearly ran out of ideas with some feuds and would only diminish the hype over a longer period of time. All they need to get together and hyped up a bit at this point is the match for Asuka no one currently seems to care much about, and Daniel Bryans match needs to be set in stone at some point during the next week. Some matches like the womens tag team match are just dead in the water, but maybe they can save a few other matches. I refuse to believe they would make Corbin the last opponent of Angle, these two just recently had a match, and it was not good, Angle deserves better.

• Like 3

On 3/20/2019 at 4:06 PM, Nighcisama said:

~snip~

As somebody who grew up, appreciated, cherished and fucking loved the Attitude Era of WWF (the good WWE), I tried watching the new WWE and I am appalled with what it's turned into.

Kurt Angle is old and can't perform like he used to. I appreciate what he's done to WWE and I respect him as a wrestler because he has stuck around for a long time. But the only guy left that has me still tuning in every once in a odd while is Undertaker. I grew up watching the man, and he has shown longevity and commitment. I respect anybody who has stuck around for as long as he has because he was the reason why I used to watch WWF a lot when I was growing up.

John Cena is medicore. Sure, he is committed to his profession but I absolutely detest his character. Brock Lesnar I never really cared for. I haven't been following WWE lately but I don't think Brock or Cena have anything on the old wrestlers. Certainly not a Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin, and their feud gave us some of the best entertainment WWE (WWF) ever had.

I lost all respect for Vince McMahon years ago. The man is a joke, and it doesn't help that he's in his 70s and is basically out of touch with the modern day world. He's made a number of decisions that made me lose my respect for him, and I'm starting to think it is best for WWE to get somebody else because his heydays are long behind him.

Call me old, geezer, old man, yadda yadda yadda. I tuned in to WWE not too long ago and I can barely recognize it anymore. That's all I'm going to say on this.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Boy, am I glad when the Road to WrestleMania is over. I'm excited for WrestleMania in general, but not because of RAW. Most of the stuff is just so boring, like having another handicap match for Finn Balor. Man, the run Finn could have had as the Intercontinental Champion for the past few months. Proudly defending his title against EC3, Apollo Crews, and others, to slowly build up a multi-man match. Instead it's the same old same old every week with Lashley.

Speaking of, The Revival lost again and Joe keeps losing as well. What a terrible way to feature your champions on television.

Adding Colin Jost and Michael Che to the Battle Royal while both Tag Team Champions and a lot of talented guys or gals aren't even on the card yet is a slap in the face to everyone.

At least Triple H never disappoints. That Spice Girls reference was damn funny xD . The main event was great too. Drew is doing a commendable job and his booking is consistent. McIntyre's star truly shines bright in the dark WWE Universe.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 7:56 AM, Spaz said:

Kurt Angle is old and can't perform like he used to. I appreciate what he's done to WWE and I respect him as a wrestler because he has stuck around for a long time. But the only guy left that has me still tuning in every once in a odd while is Undertaker. I grew up watching the man, and he has shown longevity and commitment. I respect anybody who has stuck around for as long as he has because he was the reason why I used to watch WWF a lot when I was growing up.

I don't really understand these two points, you say that Kurt is old and cannot perform as he used to (which i'm certainly not disagreeing with) but The Undertaker still keeps your interest?
For the record I started watching WWE around 1997 until 2007, gave up completely until Mania 31 (2015) and have kept a vague interest since.

That's it I'm done with this crap. Vince McMahon is a cancer to the industry and he needs to go away as soon as possible.

I'm not EVER watching women's wrestling again they can put their three chosen ones in the main event and f*ck themselves with their women's revolution (which is nothing more than a PR move anyway). Asuka should leave WWE and go somewhere where her talent will be appreciated and rewarded.  

So many times I've been giving another chance to this shitty company thinking that they can correct their mistakes and I've been proven wrong again and again but last night was the last time I did that for the women. It's always about their f*cking chosen ones and talent really doesn't have anything to do with having a good career in WWE, with that being said I'll win a lot of time skipping all the women's segments and matches so it's not too bad I guess. 

• Like 2

RAW

So the opening promo from Raw was interesting enough, I think Rousey really does her new role well, Becky did her usual trash talk and Charlotte had nothing really unusual to contribute either, would have been a great promo if I would not suffer from feud fatigue, so it was just alright. What was not alright was the burial of the Riot Squad, or pretty much all the burials going around at the moment. Most people already barely give a damn about the Riot Squad and fucking them all so quickly did nothing for the three most over females in the company. Also, what was far worse, was that there was ZERO reward for winning the beat the clock challenge, so they buried 3 wrestlers for no reason at all, would have honestly made more sense to just have Charlotte avoid her match alltogether and blindside the other two.

Finn Balor had match variant number 193324? against Lashley and oh hey look, Jinder Mahal was there too. Honestly had forgotten that he even was on Raw, which sums up how much I care about this feud in general.

Oh look it's The Revival, the guys that came from NXT, aka the show I do not watch, quite a while ago. You know, these generic looking guys I never gave a shit about. They are facing the new set of NXT guys and of course these two poor fuckers lose again, when have they not. Gotta say though, Black and Ricochet are growing on me, much more than the Revival ever did so far.

Next we have a womems single match between one side of each tag team. Sasha Banks against Nattie... shit. Oh damn it, gotta be neutral, maybe it won't be too bad, let's give them a cha... HOLY FUCK WHY... So less than 5 minutes into the match these two whale looking talent vacuums appear once again, looking like they wrapped their lard into trashbags instead of clothes and screw up what was a decent enough match. I am so damn tired of seeing these two, and I immediately get reminded why by the following shameful display. So first Bayley gets almost blindsided by these two, implying that she was unable to see, hear or smell them from a mile away, next Tamina somehow managed to slide into the ring and chooses to kick the lights out of a tired and half dead scrawny Sasha Banks, instead of the fresh and beefy looking Amazon that is Beth Phoenix, top logic there Tamina. After a short fight in the corner, Nia comes from behind and gets then liften up in the air by Beth, which is an impressive feat. Tamina, obviously baffled by this sight, seems to mistake Beth for a man thanks to this feat of strength and tries to kick her in the dick, which Beth sells as a stomach blow, probably out of pity. The ensuing brawl was so sad that I can't put it in words, so I just let it speak for itself. Nice to see Beth back though, I think she retired way too early, would be nice to have someone around who can actually move these fatties through space and time through sheer power, probably gonna have to wait for this Ripley chick to make a debute though if we want a full timer capable of that job.

Next ones are quick so I put them together. Braun Strowman is still stuck in a career killer of a feud, nothing new here, let's move on or I just get mad. Corbin gets his revenge for last weeks head scratching loss in what was a decent match for his low standards. Honestly think the guy gets a little too much shit sometimes, but I still do not want him anywhere near Kurt Angle at WrestleMania. Rollins has the same promo from weeks ago, and I never would have imagined the day that I get bored by Heymans promos comes but, here it is, probably because he had to speak against Rollins way too many times by now. Kurt had a good match against Samoa Joe with an upset victory over Joe, which normally would be fine but I feel the poor big guy had a few too many surprise losses recently, his face told the story really, kinda feel sorry for him at this point. Triple H promo did not disappoint, he even did the job for that piece of paper, take that Triple H naysayers.

Drews rivalry with the members of the shield is alright. I would like for him to not face Roman Reigns though, as people have a tendency to fall off the ladder after a rivalry with Reigns, just like it was with John Cena in his haydays. Currently he is looking like a killer so there is some hope that they do not have him lose against a still somewhat recovering Reigns on the grandest stage. That match against Ambrose was also very entertaining, a bit short maybe given that the gimmick of Ambrose is that he can take insane amounts of punishment, but I am not complaining.

Smackdown

Much less to complain about here. So the opening promo was absolutely great, McMahon was in his element as an asshole, the new day rallied behind Kofi, the fans were into it and Bryan is absolutely fantastic as an unbearably annoying vegan preacher and weasel. Then they announce...another gauntlet match, this time in tag team competition, well ok let's see where this goes.

Next is Charlotte Flair having a great match against Asuka. It was honestly the best match Asuka had for quite a while, which leads me to believe that she really needs to be carried to have an outstanding performance. The ending of the match surely was surprising, but very welcome. Not that I have anything against Asuka, but most fans do not care about her as champion. The company itself did not give a fuck, as evidenced by the fact they looked utterly helpless when trying to come up for a smackdown womens championship match at WrestleMania that was not underwhelming as hell. They made the Triple Threat more interesting and I hope the road they are going for is a womens title unification. Smackdowns womens division is a joke, without Charlotte and Becky no one gives a damn, you could really feel how the championship became irrelevent the moment neither of these two had it anymore. They can unify the big belts, they have tag team belts now, probably need to make a secondary title for the mid card women to fight over and they can go and put all the non manager women on the same show, or have all the champions compete at both shows. I hope they do not just add Asuka to the WrestleMania match minute, rather pull Flair out then because Lynch vs Rousey was the big money match anyway.

Aj vs Kurt, yaay, big nostalgia match, how ni... aaaand its over, thanks Randy. Not too happy about this swerve, but boy did it get the people to boo Randy. Miz vs Shane promo was alright, still not buying the idea of Miz as a badass so I think it just made the security and the wrestlers in between them look like useless wussies. Falls count anywhere is a underwhelming stipulation under normal circumstances, but with Shane there might be potential for some impressive looking jumps so I give it a pass.

The gauntlet... Gallows and Anderson are still with the company, interesting, wonder how they... aaand they are gone, thanks for coming guys. Poor Rusev and Nakamura, they both fell pretty badly too. Sheamus and Cesaro got utterly shit on for the second week in a row, curious to see how they intend to build them back up. Seems like a awfully long list of people who were made to look inept just to get one guy over the fans were already behind, but that is just me, at least the Usos were spared. Bonus points for the finish with the table though.

Enjoyed Smackdown a hell of a lot more than Raw, as pretty much always. All in all the week was positive for me, a few blunders aside I think it gets better despite them clearly running out of steam a bit so close to Wrestlemania. Just stop burying so many people, especially if it is to get people over who already are red hot at the moment, that is just a waste.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 3

I can't help it, this title change just feels wrong, but there has to be a logical reason behind such a spontaneous decision. For over a week they advertised this Fatal 4-Way between Mandy, Sonya, Naomi, and Carmella. I'm sure one if not all of these women were excited to face Asuka at WrestleMania. All five of them (I'm including Asuka) must be devastated right now.

What could that title switch really mean? Will we get a Unification Match? Could it be a Triple Threat with Elimination Rules after all? Is Becky going to just beat Charlotte, so that Charlotte can be the one to beat Ronda? Or did Vince simply realize that Charlotte hasn't won an important match in quite a while, so he quickly rewrote everything to his liking?!

Regarding the WWE Championship, I hope this was the last gauntlet match this year. Enough is enough. We don't see cage matches or ladder matches every week either. It seems that the match between Kofi Kingston and Daniel Bryan is finally official, though Kofi had to rely on Big E and Woods to get his opportunity. Not the best solution for this particular storyline, but oh well.

• Like 2

Repetitive same old things. 

Another Finn Bálor handicap match. Where the hell are the other superstars? Finn could have a better reign by feuding with Elias, Jinder Mahal, EC3, Dean Ambrose and even Bobby fucking Roode who's being wasted in the tag division (where's AOP anyway?) And we see The Revival lose every time facing Ricochet and Aleister Black. 

Kurt's retirement tour is getting dull and boring already. That Angle Slam to Randy Orton was just a send off. I don't even know how he's gonna keep up in his retirement match. Will it be any good as Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels at WM24? 

What a way to bury Asuka. They want to make the women's main event better and they probably did it for the build up of the four Horsewomen. If there's any title unification to be done it should be the tag titles. I can't stand watching RAW's division go on any longer. I doubt that will happen though, since that would kill the the purpose of the brand split. 

Well yeah okay Kofi is in, congrats. Many gauntlet matches week after week burying other superstars. Look at The Bar, oh my freaking gosh. They even reminded me that the Good Brothers...no I mean Job Brothers still exist in the WWE! The only best part was The Usos showing respect and forfeiting. You could even hear that loud crowd pop they got. 

Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre look good so far. The match ending in a no contest would probably be reasonable and lengthen the feud. The Miz and Shane McMahon as well, things are looking fantastic. There are no MIZtakes there. 

Another stupid name change. Mustafa Ali to just Ali. That's so annoying. What's next? Aleister and Rico :facepalm:

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, ee28max said:

Another stupid name change. Mustafa Ali to just Ali. That's so annoying. What's next? Aleister and Rico :facepalm:

Nah, Aleister is far too long. How about "Ale"? xD

Ricochet might be lucky, there already was a Rico in WWE. But they could shorten it to "Chet", because he is quick as a jet. B)

I wish Prichard would talk some sense into Vince. If Bruce can't stop him from making dumb booking decisions, at least try to stop the old man from changing names. McMahon and the creative team should rather focus on storylines, gimmicks, the overall presentation and such things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ee28max said:

Another Finn Bálor handicap match. Where the hell are the other superstars? Finn could have a better reign by feuding with Elias, Jinder Mahal, EC3, Dean Ambrose and even Bobby fucking Roode who's being wasted in the tag division (where's AOP anyway?) And we see The Revival lose every time facing Ricochet and Aleister Black. 

If there's any title unification to be done it should be the tag titles. I can't stand watching RAW's division go on any longer. I doubt that will happen though, since that would kill the the purpose of the brand split. 

Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre look good so far. The match ending in a no contest would probably be reasonable and lengthen the feud. The Miz and Shane McMahon as well, things are looking fantastic. There are no MIZtakes there. 

One member of the AOP is injured if I remember correctly and even if I don't like wrestlers being injured it's probably for the best in this case considering the treatment the TT division has received on RAW.

Yeah I would love that too, one thing I've been thinking for a really long time is make the women exclusive to RAW and the Tag Teams exclusive to Smackdown. It just makes sense anyway since a lot of Women are featured on RAW every week while Smackdown is delivering a satisfying tag team product.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I look forward Drew vs Roman more than the majority of the Wrestlemania card. That's saying a lot coming from me since I really don't like Roman and I'm pretty sure Drew is just going to lose to make him look strong. That might be the weakest Wrestlemania card in years, and Roman isn't even in the main event :P 

• Like 3

Okay... can someone please explain to me what the hell WWE is doing? Why would they gift Charlotte the SmackDown Women's Title this close to WrestleMania?!

Are both titles going to be on the line at WrestleMania? If so, what happens if Charlotte wins? Double champions for both brands isn't exactly what they should be doing. I, for one, am happy with a women's champion for both RAW and SmackDown!

I seriously just do not understand what the hell WWE is doing and if someone could explain it, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Okay... can someone please explain to me what the hell WWE is doing? Why would they gift Charlotte the SmackDown Women's Title this close to WrestleMania?!

Are both titles going to be on the line at WrestleMania? If so, what happens if Charlotte wins? Double champions for both brands isn't exactly what they should be doing. I, for one, am happy with a women's champion for both RAW and SmackDown!

I seriously just do not understand what the hell WWE is doing and if someone could explain it, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

It pretty much comes down to one of five things that could happen, sorted from most likely to least likely.

1. They want to unify both womens titles and then either put the entire competing womens division on one brand, or they want the champions to compete on both shows, which is more likely because it is what the tag champions are already doing at this point. For that both titles could be on the line so that Becky has a chance to unify them, if the Raw womens title is the only title on the line, then either Charlotte has to compete twice or it is a strong sign that they make Charlotte win. I think unifying the belts is the most likely scenario because it seems like no one really gives a shit about the smackdown belt since Asuka holds it, they really struggled to come up with a good smackdown title match for wrestlemania.

2. They want to change the WrestleMania match by cramping Asuka into it, having one more women to "make history" with. WrestleMania in recent years wanted to include as many people as possible so that everyone is on the card somehow, would not be too surprised if they thought that this is the best way Asuka could be part of a meaningful match.

3. They want to change the WrestleMania match by pulling Charlotte out of it so Asuka can have a meaningful WrestleMania match. Charlotte was not only titled the third wheel by Becky, she actually felt like the third wheel, so maybe they want to go for that big money singles match and give Asuka something to do at the same time, though I think it is not that likely that they would do some historic womens match and not have Charlotte be a part of it.

4. Vince just decided on a whim that Charlottes last major win was too long ago, gotta get her close to the 16 title reigns that her father gets credited for and they are short on time for that. Charlotte is already 32, and a womens time window before she hits the expiry date in this business is just much shorter on average, or how many women do you know who compete into their late 40s or even 50s? I can only think of Moolah and Mae, and I doubt that is what they are going for with Charlotte. In this scenario, if they do not want to change the WrestleMania match, it is quite likely that she will lose the title again before WrestleMania, and now she is at least halfway there to Ric Flairs record. Probably more likely than 2 and 3 given how Vince just changes shit on a whim, but I don't wanna believe it is something so stupid so it is placed as number 4.

5. They do not want to unify the belts, they are booking long term instead and plan to have Becky win the Raw womens title, either in a triple or a singles match, so that they can go for all the four wwe horsewomen having titles. This makes sense if they want to go down the wwe hoursewomen vs mma horsewomen road, with Ronda being on a quest for revenge for losing her title by bringing the others in, and the wwe women playing gatekeeper with all the titles combined into their little stable. I think it is the least likely though because wwe is rarely capable of long term booking nowadays, and it would require another Charlotte turn at some point.

These are the most likely scenarios I can think of, but we won't really know for sure until next week. What they do next week should pretty much give it away if they take the usual in your face approach, if not they might be able to keep it interesting until WrestleMania.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

The only thing I can think of is WWE wants an image of Charlotte, Becky, Sasha and Bailey holding all 4 titles as Mania goes off the air. 

I actually thought (after the Rumble) that Charlotte was going to face Asuka at Mania to win the title and then they would end the show that way but I guess WWE isn't as smart as me and instead shoehorned Charlotte into the Main Event but still wants that image so they gave Charlotte the title before hand.

Now hopefully I am correct and Charlotte doesn't win at Mania. Honestly I want Becky to win and then the two to face off later and unite the belts...but once again THAT WOULD HAVE WORKED SO MUCH BETTER IF CHARLOTTE WASN'T IN THE FUCKING MATCH WITH BECKY.

• Like 2

I care about two Women's championships. It's not SmackDown's fault Asuka had no one to face at WrestleMania, and it's really not Asuka's fault either. IMO.

Why have a brand split at all if your just going to have someone defend the title on both brands? It makes sense for the Women's tag titles because there aren't enough women tag teams. It makes absolutely no sense for just one Women's champion. ?

Again, IMO.

• Like 1

regardless what the general people think, I like heel Ronda.  but mania I want it to be a new era kinda ushered in.

Kofi beats Daniel clean

AJ beats Orton.

Ronda retains and goes legit MMA on Becky and Charlotte IF shes lying about leaving after mania. OR if she is leaving, Becky taps out Charlotte leading to a Ronda vs Becky one on one.

and McIntyre HAS to beat Roman. 

dont care for Seth vs Brock at all. rumor is brock loses. then drafted to SD and wins belt off Kofi at SSlam to draw viewers for FOX.

either way mania doesnt look too good this year aside from 2 or 3 matches. 

EDIT: I could see WWE merging the womens belts at mania into one belt. champ on both shows. that gives more women free time for a tag division which already is shit but still 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

hello everyone

A lot has happened since then and I have been living under a rock in terms of wrestling. Any big changes?

Also, I noticed a John Oliver's video on WWE. Wonder what your thoughts are:

Welcome back, Bread ;)

Well, Charlotte won the Smackdown Women's Championship from Asuka two weeks before WrestleMania, which caused a shitstorm on social media. A lot of the female workers are upset right now as well.

John Oliver has done a great job addressing such a topic in a funny, yet informative and serious manner at the same time. I doubt it will change anything though, as long as no one is confronting Vince with these issues on a regular basis or let's say the wrestlers go on strike until they get health care. The McMahons didn't listen to Jesse Ventura, so why should they start listening to the fans and the host of a popular late show?

• Like 2