fresquinho

The WWE Discussion Thread

5,634 posts in this topic

Let's see...other ideas for Kurt

As mentioned Cena could make sense. He is a huge name, first match against Angle and would be an OK match.

-Rey- He doesn't need to fight for the US title for the 2000th time so he could face off against Angle as those 2 have had amazing matches in the past.

-Joe-does the US title really need to be on the line at Mania? Joe and Angle have had amazing matches in the past and I don't think they have fought in the WWE yet.

-Shelton Benjamin-sure this isn't as big as the other 3 but those 2 have a lot of history together and would put on an amazing match

-Chad Gable-would just be a fun match and would give the rub to a younger guy

BARON CORBIN....WHAT THE FUCK WWE.

Well I understand so many people want Cena to be Kurt Angle's opponent at WrestleMania. Baron Corbin is probably just there as his first challenger, then he'll ask for another challenge. No signs for The Undertaker yet and that sounds crazy because he should've retired years ago. 

Nothing to say or react to about this week apart from The Miz's amazing promo and maybe the whole KofiMania thing. Babyface or heel, Miz is still godly on the mic. Can't wait to see their match and then see where things will go from there. Kofi winning a gauntlet match and accumulating a longer time than Seth Rollins. It's just another work, considering hearing Daniel Bryan say he's nothing more than a "B+ player", something similar that happened with the Daniel Bryan underdog push in 2014. 

Asuka will face either Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Naomi or Carmella at wrestlemania great. Just proves once again that the main roster is run by a bunch of retards that don't know how to book superstars.

This whole situation with Kofi Kingston is ridiculous. He shouldn't even have been able to beat both members of The Bar but he did and he also defeated Samoa Joe and Randy Orton CLEAN. That's just pure bullshit they can go f*ck themselves with their stupid booking decisions there is no way I'm paying a subscription to see Wrestlemania this year.

Good way to make half of the roster look stupid. The Bar were treated like shit once again maybe it's supposed to be a running gag but it's stupid that they were able to defeat The New Day as a team but they are not able to defeat a single member of The New Day 🙄 Samoa Joe is presented like a killing machine that was once presented as a huge threat to Brock Lesnar but he lost against an exhausted superstar that was already destroyed by 3 superstars ? And finally Randy Orton, a 13 time world champion that accomplished everything in the business, defeated most of the greatest of all time can't beat a midcarder that went through a table and was placed in the coquina clutch between the ropes ? This must be a joke. After this match how are we supposed to believe that Randy Orton stands a chance against AJ Styles and that Samoa Joe can beat Rey Mysterio ?

They made it seem like Kofi was more unbeatable than John Cena when he was at his best somehow. 

Edited by itachi-destroyer

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Asuka will face either Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Naomi or Carmella at wrestlemania great. Just proves once again that the main roster is run by a bunch of retards that don't know how to book superstars.

This is not SmackDown booking's fault. It's a mix of RAW awfulness (stole two our big guns to save their Women's division) and a Vince is Vince. If she's asian, she ugly and has no appeal. If she blonde, he'll push her to the moon. To him, Mandy Rose is the new Sable (except Mandy has a personality, talent, friends, some mic skills, an IQ, work ethic, a great bod, heart, talent, a personality, talent...).  I know I repeated myself, but Sable was terrible.

I don't mind them pushing Mandy and Sonya vs Asuka, it' just forced and the women already have triple threat happening. Personally, I wanted Naomi since she's the most versatile next to Charlotte.

This whole situation with Kofi Kingston is ridiculous. He shouldn't even have been able to beat both members of The Bar but he did and he also defeated Samoa Joe and Randy Orton CLEAN. That's just pure bullshit they can go f*ck themselves with their stupid booking decisions there is no way I'm paying a subscription to see Wrestlemania this year.

I usually don't disagree with but... Hmmm... nope, still agree with you. I like Kofi, last night was ridiculous. Beating all five more or less clean was insulting. Beating both the Bar... OK

Beating Rowan... A stretch, but OK

Beating Joe... maybe if Joe was the first opponent... maybe... but after the Bar & Rowan destroying him? BS.

Beating Orton after all the rest? Nope, no, nadda, I think not.

What really annoyed me though was people name checking Kofi, like he was a legend. Miz did it, I think Styles did it, Owens did it...

Edited by MySenkai

19 minutes ago, MySenkai said:

This is not SmackDown booking's fault. It's a mix of RAW awfulness (stole two our big guns to save their Women's division) and a Vince is Vince. If she's asian, she ugly and has no appeal. If she blonde, he'll push her to the moon. To him, Mandy Rose is the new Sable (except Mandy has a personality, talent, friends, some mic skills, an IQ, work ethic, a great bod, heart, talent, a personality, talent...).  I know I repeated myself, but Sable was terrible.

I don't mind them pushing Mandy and Sonya vs Asuka, it' just forced and the women already have triple threat happening. Personally, I wanted Naomi since she's the most versatile next to Charlotte.

I usually don't disagree with but... Hmmm... nope, still agree with you. I like Kofi, last night was ridiculous. Beating all five more or less clean was insulting. Beating both the Bar... OK

Beating Rowan... A stretch, but OK

Beating Joe... maybe if Joe was the first opponent... maybe... but after the Bar & Rowan destroying him? BS.

Beating Orton after all the rest? Nope, no, nadda, I think not.

Vince should stop caring about what he thinks or wants and really listen to the fans. Asuka is far from looking ugly (In my opinion she looks really good and I can't be the only one on earth who think this way :P ) and most importantly, she is the most talented in-ring women in WWE period, her only weakness is her mic skill but it wasn't a problem in NXT so if she was used correctly it wouldn't be a problem on the main roster either. 

Sure Mandy Rose isn't bad but she isn't a legitimate contender for Asuka and the rest of the SD's women roster isn't either. I find it quite sad to see WWE waste so much talent just because of an old man's liking. The worst thing is that she isn't even the focus of the storyline, she is just there because she is the champion it's kind of ridiculous.

I'm willing to bet that her championship reign is going to be as bad as Shinsuke Nakamura's US Title reign and then they are going to say "you see fans don't care about her" as if anyone is going to care about a superstar being booked terribly and not appearing on TV shows...

I'm willing to bet that her championship reign is going to be as bad as Shinsuke Nakamura's US Title reign and then they are going to say "you see fans don't care about her" as if anyone is going to care about a superstar being booked terribly and not appearing on TV shows...

Asuka's reign already is as terrible as Shinsuke's was. They were on the right track with her, but it went downhill after the Royal Rumble. I feel sorry for all these great female competitors and former NXT stars, such as Asuka, Ember Moon, or Nikki Cross.

WWE had enough time to build a match between Asuka and Cross for example. Or to give Lacey Evans a proper introduction (old school vignettes, an interview where she talks about her military background, a couple of matches to show her skills…).

As far as the Fatal 4 Way is concerned, Mandy and Sonya should rather challenge Sasha and Bayley for the Tag titles instead of having a rivalry with Asuka. Naomi would be okay I guess, since Naomi and Asuka are buddies. Carmella had two PPV matches with Asuka, we don't need to see a third one.

The gauntlet match was good, but I agree with you all, it was way too much. I feared it would be superman booking and well, that's exactly what happened. One can argue that it wasn't, because Kofi beat Joe and Orton with a roll up, and Rowan was disqualified. Nonetheless, Kofi pinned four top guys in 50 minutes without any help.

One last thing, I hope Andrade will be added to the US Championship Match. He deserves it just as much as Rey does.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:20 PM, Jesaya815 said:

Asuka's reign already is as terrible as Shinsuke's was. They were on the right track with her, but it went downhill after the Royal Rumble. I feel sorry for all these great female competitors and former NXT stars, such as Asuka, Ember Moon, or Nikki Cross.

WWE had enough time to build a match between Asuka and Cross for example. Or to give Lacey Evans a proper introduction (old school vignettes, an interview where she talks about her military background, a couple of matches to show her skills…).

As far as the Fatal 4 Way is concerned, Mandy and Sonya should rather challenge Sasha and Bayley for the Tag titles instead of having a rivalry with Asuka. Naomi would be okay I guess, since Naomi and Asuka are buddies. Carmella had two PPV matches with Asuka, we don't need to see a third one.

Cross/Sanity are horribly wasted. The biggest problem with Lacey Evans stuff is no focus. For instance, if she only did her distraction walkway thing during Asuka's matches or promos, then they'd at least be telling a story (disrespecting Asuka), but right now she just walks out there randomly for no reason.

When they made Asuka and Naomi buddies, I was hoping Naomi would become a mouthpiece for her since Naomi has solid mic skills.

Personally, I'm fine because I like when she tears into someone in japanese then finishes with "You are not ready..."

Edited by MySenkai

RAW

Many things on current Raw are really annoying to me. Baron Corbin as Kurt Angles last opponent is the worst offender. Corbin is underwhelming in the ring and lacks the ability to carry someone like Angle who can barely work anymore due to decades of injuries. Kurt needs a really good worker to drag him to one last great match. If Shawn Michaels could carry an ancient Ric Flair to a great last match then someone on the roster can carry Kurt Angle to a great last match, I am sure of it, but Corbin is not the one. If he can't have a good match because his opponent is not a great worker himself, at least throw in the big names as a farewel for Kurt, John Cena and the Undertaker come to mind. None of these two would be able to have a good match with him honestly, but at least it would be nostalgic. Corbin really does not convince me, especially not if they bury him instead of building him up.

A close second in annoying is everything Nia Jax and Tamina are doing, these two were always hard to tolerate but have become downright unbearable by now. They interfere in everyones bussiness and I just hope a few divas would join together and go whale hunting, but we probably see a carcrash of a womens mass tag team match that will serve as a toilet break at Wrestlemania.

Also, why the hell can't they ever do something meaningful with Braun Strowman at Wrestlemania? That guy should be in top matches or feud at this stage, but last year they devalued the tag team titles with him and a random kid from the crowd and now they throw him into the shitty battle royale, like that thing has ever put anyone over. Really seems like a waste to misuse the big man like that.

At least they are giving Drew some credibility, but that is about all Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar have done. Brocks appearances should have weight, the beast visits Raw on rare occasions so people should be able to expect something great, not just the same routine with Lesnar barely doing anything other than lifting his belt and having his stupid grin. For the money this guy is making, a few moves should not be too much to ask as a bare minimum.

Anything I enjoyed on Raw? Well I kinda like the Triple H vs Batista idea, even though Batistas motivation makes zero sense. One of the most pushed guys in the companies history complaining about being held back, come on, and whats with the evil movie villain shtick? Sounds like a decent idea made worse overall with stupid booking.

I actually enjoyed the Kurt Angle match, but I am not sure if the match quality was great or I am just biased because it is one of Kurts last matches, been watching the guy since my childhood.

Also, Rousey is great as a heel, you can tell it comes naturally to her. It made me somewhat interested in a feud I could barely get excited about anymore, and that is saying something.

SMACKDOWN

Great gauntled match, even though the last minute Vince screwjob got on my nerves. I mean it is classic Vince but come on, at this point you buried half the roster for Kofi, his ass is going to mania and everyone knows it, stop teasing the shit and just do it so the match, do a multi man match if you have to but set it in stone so it can have some actual build up. Got invested in the match though, no denying that Kofi can put up a good show. The Miz promo was good but it just feels strange to see him as anything other than a heel because he has the most punchable face in the company. It does suck that it is once again a Mcmahon that is involved, like I know they promised to be more involved but do we really need them that much? There should be enough wrestlers with nothing to do that could work with someone like Miz. Also, the Miz is ruthless, always has been, so it makes no sense that he would not even hint going after Shanes father as revenge.

The matches were all good, maybe except the womens tag team that saw the champions lose to nobodies and the nameless (at least for me) blonde walking bimbo had her usual boring walk in, either do something with her or throw her back whereever she came from. This just reminds of the Emalina stuff that had some peoples interest but lost it after it just kept coming for months without her doing anything. Nice that they have Kevin Owens back with his show, but I found it hard to care for the Becky and Charlotte confrontation. This is going on for months by now, with hardly anything new. Years back rivalries that were this serious and went for this long had some escalation, stipulation matches, serious consequences, subtle dynamic changes to the characters stances and interactions (think about Triple H vs Stone Cold rivalry), this is just more of the same and it got old for me, with only Rousey keeping it somewhat fresh at the moment. Don't really care about anything o... hoooly crap was that Dominic? Damn now I feel old, still remember him as a kid in the Summerslam 2005 ladder match with Eddie... that was how many years ago? Naaw, that would mean... shiiitt...

WrestleMania is 2,5 weeks away, I am excited for most of the matches, mass throwaway matches and misbooked matches like Angle vs Corbin aside. They do not have much time left, and I think this is a good thing. They clearly ran out of ideas with some feuds and would only diminish the hype over a longer period of time. All they need to get together and hyped up a bit at this point is the match for Asuka no one currently seems to care much about, and Daniel Bryans match needs to be set in stone at some point during the next week. Some matches like the womens tag team match are just dead in the water, but maybe they can save a few other matches. I refuse to believe they would make Corbin the last opponent of Angle, these two just recently had a match, and it was not good, Angle deserves better.

On 3/20/2019 at 4:06 PM, Nighcisama said:

~snip~

As somebody who grew up, appreciated, cherished and fucking loved the Attitude Era of WWF (the good WWE), I tried watching the new WWE and I am appalled with what it's turned into.

Kurt Angle is old and can't perform like he used to. I appreciate what he's done to WWE and I respect him as a wrestler because he has stuck around for a long time. But the only guy left that has me still tuning in every once in a odd while is Undertaker. I grew up watching the man, and he has shown longevity and commitment. I respect anybody who has stuck around for as long as he has because he was the reason why I used to watch WWF a lot when I was growing up.

John Cena is medicore. Sure, he is committed to his profession but I absolutely detest his character. Brock Lesnar I never really cared for. I haven't been following WWE lately but I don't think Brock or Cena have anything on the old wrestlers. Certainly not a Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin, and their feud gave us some of the best entertainment WWE (WWF) ever had.

I lost all respect for Vince McMahon years ago. The man is a joke, and it doesn't help that he's in his 70s and is basically out of touch with the modern day world. He's made a number of decisions that made me lose my respect for him, and I'm starting to think it is best for WWE to get somebody else because his heydays are long behind him.

Call me old, geezer, old man, yadda yadda yadda. I tuned in to WWE not too long ago and I can barely recognize it anymore. That's all I'm going to say on this.

Edited by Spaz