fresquinho

The WWE Discussion Thread

6,078 posts in this topic

I have to admit, as far as Mania's go, I thought that was one of the weaker ones I've ever watched. Pretty much every match had a considerable amount of sloppy moves. Rollins going from completely beaten down to winning without any real build up was just bad. The announcers raving that Batista had no ring rust after he tripped on his way into the ring was hilarious. Kurt Angle getting robbed.... man, what do ya even say about that?

But seeing Kofi win that belt after over a decade of putting in work made watching that 5 hour show worth it. Watching his son raise that belt above his head just might be one of my favorite Wrestlemania moments ever. After watching that guy be consistently great for all these years, it was nice to see it finally pay off. Even if he does lose it within the month, it was worth it.

Edited by KingGuy420

Time to give my input regarding WrestleMania 35, which was a pretty enjoyable show for the most part.

Buddy Murphy vs Tony Nese - it was a good match, but it also felt rushed. I'm happy Nese won. He's such an underrated competitor. Same goes for Buddy of course. I would put Murphy on Smackdown and let him face Rey, Almas, Ali, and AJ Styles.

Women's Battle Royal - kind of a stinker. Lazy booking and even a similar ending as last year, where Bayley thought she won until Naomi got back into the ring.

The Revival vs Hawkins & Ryder - this was a really cool match and the crowd was into it as expected. Both teams could have an interesting rivalry if the writers actually knew how to write a program for tag teams.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - horrible, absolutely horrible. At least Luke Harper is back. Andrade needs to marry Charlotte asap. Maybe they'll push him, if his last name is Flair.

Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins - thank god Brock's reign of terror is finally over.

AJ Styles vs Randy Orton - decent, but not as great as it could have been. I hope there will be a rematch on Smackdown, because one of them will probably be traded to RAW in the upcoming shakeup.

Smackdown Tag Team Title Match - a fast paced spotfest, but very entertaining and the right team won.

Shane McMahon vs The Miz - I'm not gonna lie, that was an awesome fight between one of my favorite superstars and good old Shane O'Mac. Reminded me of Shane's battles with Steve Blackman, Kurt Angle, and others back in the day.

Women's Tag Team Title Match - the title change was a huge surprise for sure and I think it's not a bad decision at all. Congrats to Peyton and Billie. They might be annoying at times, but that just proves how good The IIconics are as heels.

Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston - hands down the best match up until this point and the best technical wrestling match of the whole night.

Samoa Joe vs Rey Mysterio - Joe should always be presented as an unstoppable monster, a submission machine. The squash doesn't hurt Rey, but man does it solidify Joe's standing as a champion.

Drew McIntyre vs Roman Reigns - The Chosen One defeats the former Chosen One and with that, Drew's push was flushed down the toilet.

Batista vs Triple H - I loved every second of it. The special entrances, HBK on the announce team, the brutality from start to finish. Remember Orton almost ripping Jeff Hardy's ear off? Yeah, Hunter was like "What would be more disgusting? Oh, I know, I'll use all kinds of tools to mutilate Batista and rip his nose ring out of his freaking face."

Baron Corbin vs Kurt Angle - fuck you Vince and thank you Kurt for so many unforgettable moments.

Bobby Lashley vs Finn Balor - quick and painless, just like the US title match.

Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch - I waited for six months to see Becky kick Ronda's ass…and this was it? A cheap roll up?! It took 20 minutes until they had a brief stare down and then it suddenly was over. Charlotte carried the match for most of the time while Becky looked like the weak link with next to no offense. That screwy finish somehow diminishes Becky's victory.

WrestleMania 35 was pretty much an enjoyable show. I'm not going deep into detail, just a few things. 

Okay, so the Universal Championship match kicking off the show was the most surprising thing up to date and as far as @Dr_Mayus goes, that's probably the reason why it started first. It was rushed and also not too serious and concentrated, like Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XX. Well I can say congrats to Seth Rollins and ending the reign of terror as we can finally have a decent title run on RAW. That technically made last year's match stupid and Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series match stupid, because Daniel Bryan could actually go along with many low blows to put the Beast down, but Seth could just hit one and 3 curb stomps. Does that make him stronger than Roman Reigns now? :P 

Too bad Drew McIntyre lost. I really hope that didn't kill his momentum, but it probably did, I mean, why did he have to feud with "Roman Reigns" in the first place?

*"You can't bury me, John." *

Becky Lynch finally did it, and that probably ended the feud. Now I wonder what will happen. I actually expected things to go on, such as the 4HW coming out to help Ronda or something similar to causing a havoc in the first ever women's main event. 

Well done Kofi Kingston! I agree it was the best match of the night. Other matches would've easily gone on top of this, but they were rather rushed (well that's what you get when you have such a huge match card). 

I feel bad for The Miz losing, I mean, that was his moment. The ending looks like the feud isn't over, but who knows. So much for the build up. 

You know what happens, when Triple H puts his career on the line at MetLife Stadium? He wins. First at WrestleMania 29, and then 6 years later.

The mid-card championship matches were all short. They looked nothing more than fillers, but I'm glad Samoa Joe retained and Finn Balor reclaimed his IC title. I hope gets a better reign and better opponents. I hope that ended the repetitive Bobby Lashley vs Finn Balor matches. 

For the kickoff show, congrats to Tony Nese. It was finally his moment. I do wonder if there'd be any 205 Live main roster call-ups for the superstar shake-up. 

By far the worst wrestlemania I have ever seen. The PPV was decent at best, which is quite bad for a Wrestlemania. A lot of the matches sucked and most of the results/the way the matches went sucked too. 

Raw Tag Team Championship Match : The Revival (c) vs. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder

Another proof that the RAW writers are retards.

Falls Count Anywhere Match  : Shane McMahon vs. The Miz

A good brawl and one of the best match of the night but The Miz should have won.

United States Championship Match : Samoa Joe (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

My second best match of the night and I'm not even joking. They should have kept the PPV as intense, short and good as this match. After a few years they have finally been able to portray Samoa Joe as he should be : a killing machine.

WWE Championship Match : “The New” Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Kofi Kingston

Decent match but they could have been less stupid and not show that a new championship was going to be reveal at the end of the match. I'm not too surprised though considering WWE is too stupid to at least try to make it look less fake.

Kurt Angle’s Farewell Match  : Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin

Kurt Angle was in great shape but Vince should kill himself for ending one of the greatest of all time career like that. 

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match : The Usos (c) vs. The Bar vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev vs. Ricochet & Aleister Black

Ricochet & Aleister Black challenged the NXT TT Champions, the RAW TT Champions and the Smackdown TT Champions but they have not managed to win a single title, yet Kurt Hawkins and Zack Ryder did, what a good way to treat your new superstars.

Universal Championship Match : Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins

Worst match of the night. Everything was stupid about this match, not only there was no hype behind this match but they were not even able to make Rollins win without doing a low blow. Still waiting for a superstar to beat Brock in a really clean way and gain a lot of momentum.

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre

The result is as stupid as Roman's entrance. Why did they used all of these firework, he isn't a champion and he wasn't competing for a championship either. Just shows that he is still Vince's favourite bitch and real Chosen One. I'm not even going to comment on the fact that they ruined another superstar to make this fucking Samoan look strong. It's kind of funny that Roman said "when I return I won't do it for the championships or the wins, I'll do it to entertain you" yeah sure. He should have retired and not come back instead of making a "huge" return to make RAW even more boring.

No Holds Barred Match : Triple H vs. Batista

My match of the night. It was slow and the age behind both of them was really apparent but I'm really happy about the match (too bad Batista botched his entrance...) as it was a good way to end The Animal's career.

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

Should have been longer. I'm not watching Wrestlemania to have an appetizer, I'm watching it to have a couple of good and lengthy matches and if WWE doesn't have enough time for all the matches then they should cancel the most useless ones to give more time to the others.

Edited by itachi-destroyer

Wrestle-meh-nia.  Bloated card, predictable finishes and the vast majority of the event just didn't live up to "Wrestlemania" standards.  Honestly, Kofi/Bryan was the only match that felt like a WM match to me.  Miz/Shane and HHH/Batista had Wm builds but when it came to match time, the former was just waiting for the inevitable big Shane spot and the latter was two 50 year old men looking like 50 year old men. I'll give credit where credit's due, tHHH and Batista did some big spots and took some serious bumps but the pace of the match made it tough to sit through.  I don't know, maybe I'm just done watching guys north of 50 taking up high profile PPV time while guys like Drew and Braun revel in mid-card mediocrity.

Little side note, seeing Cena, who if I remember correctly is all Boston everything, come out in Yankees gear just isn't right.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Man, I did not even want to adress some of the shit that was going down at the send off shows, like that utterly stupid backstage brawl, but boy did things get even worse at mania. There were a few watchable matches, a select few decent ones, but there were some serious stinkers too. Not going to pick on the obvious ones, like the crappy tag matches or the memoral battle royal, but some of the matches made me really mad.

The Lesnar and Rollins match was crap. You have the supposed babyface win via low kick, the most proven method of defeating Lesnar but still a low kick, and it was the first offense he got in too, not even a last resort. From there on Rollins just forgot that he was supposedly so destroyed that the ref didn't even want to start the match in the first place. Match quickly ends, Heyman does jack shit. I wanted Lesnar to finally give up the title too, but not in a way that makes his successor look like a bitch.

The big and convoluted womens match ends with a sullied victory. You had Lynch go after this moment for months and she wins like this? Utterly stupid, but I guess they have to have an open window for the next 20 Lynch vs Flair matches, and Rousey wants something to do too once she comes back from her hiatus.

Kurt Angles farewell match. Seriously, someone needs to take Vince out already. Kurt Angle is the best wrestler of all time, that is not even up for debate, there might be some better entertainers out there or better talkers, but no one in the history of the business comes close to the skill Kurt Angle had. The guy was an olympic champion and could have a great match with anyone, he had more all time classics than other great wrestlers combined, he could even get people like Lesnar who barely cared to give it their best in up to 60 minute matches. The guy destroyed his body for the business, he took so many pain killers to keep competing after several serious neck injuries that he became addicted to them and it almost killed him, he put people like Cena over hard who could perform between 5-8 moves at best in any given match, and he performed several potentially lethal moves over the years despite his injuries like freaking moonsaults from top of steel cages. After doing all that, he gets one of the most boring and incompetent clowns for his very last match, and they make him job to that clown in an underwhelming and rather short bout. Corbin is not going anywhere from this either, they are not doing anything great with him and never will, they did not even give him the belt after he won money in the bank, so little is their trust in this guy. Reminds me of Litas farewell match back in the day, made her lose and had some crackheads sell "her" underwear to the crowd. Just atrocious, goes to show that only the people who really blow the McMahons get good farewells.

All in all, Wrestlemania was boring. The few matches that were watchable or even decent got overshadowed by all the crap, and I was never once out of my seat or really actively cheering for anyone. The closest I got to cheering was Shane Mcmahons stunt, and the Batista vs Triple H match, despite the flaws these matches had.

Just to compare, a day before Wrestlemania I watched Pete Dunne vs Walter at NXT Takeover New York. It was the only match I watched from the show because I do not usually watch NXT, I watched this one because I remember Dunne as the guy that goes after the fingers, and because I certainly know Walter and wanted to see him work again. Watching this match reminded me why I became a wrestling fan in the first place. It was starting slow and getting more intense, it was hard hitting, the moves and counters were interesting, moves had a lasting impact and it was actually thrilling to see who would win. I was on the edge of my seat several times, and I wished even one match on the supposed grandest stage could even come close to that experience.

But hey one good thing comes from this Wrestlemania. Now with Kofi being WWE Champion, maybe these waste of skin sjws who keep complaining about "no black champion in history, companies racist, reeeee" finally keep their freaking mouths shut. Probably not though, guess they just find another excuse to not count Kofi as a black champion. I mean they disregard The Rock even though he won the thing multiple times, probably because he isn't dark enough for them, they also didn't count wrestlers like Booker and Henry because the world title those guys won is worthless in these idiots eyes. Actually can't wait to see what retarded crap they think of to disregard Kofi.

Edited by Nighcisama

I'm going to have nightmares, after seeing this lady at Wrestlemainia get to see John cena in the front row. (still, it was nice to see him use the gimmick)

D3qePyWX4AAkFMB.jpg

Aside from that, I'll say that Wrestlemania is mostly moments. Miz/Shane, Daniel/ Kofi, HHH/Batista and AJ Styles/Randy Ortan were my favorite matches. The other Matches ranges from meh to complete confusion.

Welp... Mania is Mania. The place where even mediocrity more often than not is elevated by the sheer overwhelming atmosphere of it all. Not a very catchy tagline, I admit, but no less true. 35 was no improvement on 34, but it's still probably the second best post-30 Mania, mostly for largely steering clear of moronic booking choices or controversial decisions. The right people won... mostly.

Rollins couldn't have looked more like a boss, dispatching Bork with 2K finishing move spam as he so often did himself. Never come back, you avaricious, selfish dope. Orton vs. AJ was a house show match that failed to make good on the build; one of the few truly engaging ones at that. Usos just can't get over with me but they finally got a win at WM and I feel like they earned it.

Miz vs. Shane was some delicious gimmicky crap. Shane's heel work was great, and fans are really getting behind Miz as a face. Could be something there. IIconics should have won the tag belts to begin with; their character work is aces.

Bryan vs. Kingston... great match but the wrong man won. Hoping for a fun but short transitional reign for him; don't let him hold onto it for too long or it'll be a dismal failure like Mysterio in '06. Ideally, Bryan will get it back now the fans have had their underdog moment but we'll see. They can't let the greatest performer on their books fade into the background again. Bryan's selling in this match convinced me once and for all Bryan might be the best at portraying face and heel with equal skill and nuance. Like, of all time.

Samoa Joe put Mysterio, dressed as Mysterio, to sleep in less time than your average CFO$ loop. Unlike LeSnore, Joe ironically does not put me to sleep. HE should have got the Beast Push. Still time, WWE; nobody else has the presence and unflappable aura of Samoa Joe. The other Samoan Joe defeated Drew McGalloway in a Cancer Boy Return Special. At least he didn't get buried too bad.

Elias is a friggin' talented man. Give that man the IC title and have him break Honky's record... hell, bring back the Honkameter while you're at it! He can do no wrong. Also, Cena was entertaining for the first time in fifteen years so that's fun I guess. I never liked Batista nor Levesque but they put in a shift there, for two old men who can't hardly work anymore. I popped for the nose ring spot. Far better than it had any right to be.

Corbin is a lost cause. What heat he manages to amass is of a decidedly Waltmanian countenance. Of all the ways to go out, that has to rank pretty low. At least Kurt can pride himself on having done right by the business, even if there at least 37 better candidates for the rub. Demon Balor needs to be protected more, and y'know, not announced ahead of time. Let him keep the IC for a bit before you do the Elias thing I suggested. Or just drop it to a returning Sami Zayn or something on the next Raw. Whichever's cool.

As for the main event... as enthused as I am to see The Man cement her legacy as the GWOAT, the match wasn't quite up to par. Shoehorn Charlotte should have never been in it but that doesn't matter anymore. Crowd was dead tired, which didn't help. Rousey must have politicked her way into the Dusty finish, if it wasn't an outright botch. A clean tapout would have made Becky even more, and there is no logical excuse not to go for it. Now, can we please never have Becky and Charlotte feud again? Nothing more they can do together.

Overall, I had fun. That's not always as easy to convey in the inherently nitpicky format of a review, but the parts I left out should inherently be viewed as positive so overall I think I had plenty of nice things to say about this one. The magic of WrestleMania will always abide, man.

(Still nothing on the best matches of TakeOver, though.)

Edit: Just skip the worst #RawAfterMania in years. Not even worthy of a separate post. Madlibs Raw filler matches and little else. Watch it for the Becky and Sami promos, as well as Alexa's return to action, and leave before the debut of Diet Snitsky and the bullshit main event shenanigans. Rarely has a raucous crowd been so justified in hijacking a match.

Edited by AK-1138

Boring #RAWAfterMania

RAW just can't be any good as they have to take superstars from SmackDown or are they actually spoiling the shake-up? I wonder what it would've been like if The Bar didn't interrupt the match. Could we have seen Seth Rollins become the first superstar to hold two titles twice? WWE & US titles, Universal & WWE titles. I saw the Sami Zayn return coming and I don't see good things for him to come in the near future either. Just look at how bland Kevin Owens' return has become. Maybe the shake-up will have something refreshing in store for us, but still. 

Bringing The Undertaker on RAW after the Mania he wasn't part of for the first time since 1991 had me with mixed reactions. I mean, yeah sure, the segment was alright when Elias said the next person who was gonna come out would be a "dead man" and not "Deadman". I just don't know where all that'll go. 

Lacey Evans finally did something great and I bet those who know nothing about her or those who don't watch NXT think she can't fight. Still not sure what the future of the Women's division will be like considering both branded titles on one person. Just hoping there won't be another Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair feud. Alexa Bliss beating Bayley is 2017 all over and that made me chuckle. She'll probably be back into the title picture, but we'll have to wait and see. 

Sensing another story here. I'm glad Bobby Lashley brought up Renee Young into the whole thing when Dean was about to leave. I don't want to hold Dean hostage in WWE, I mean, if he wants to leave, I respect his decision. His return lead to a joke, his heel turn shattered him into many pieces and his IC title reign wasn't even that good. The "Moral Compass" gimmick died out instantly and a random babyface turn came from outta nowhere.

So this is what I see; Bobby Lashley will be bothering Renee over the week(s), maybe a couple of videos being posted outside WWE or a Twitter confrontation, which will lead to Dean Ambrose having that urge to return. He'll go one-on-one with Bobby: if he wins, he'll re-sign and be reinstated in the company. If he loses, he'll be gone forever. I miss such storylines.  

Edited by ee28max

Not the best RAW after Mania, but not the worst either with a couple of good matches wrestling wise, such as Sami vs Finn. I was looking forward to the main event and unfortunately The Bar crashed the party. I really thought they would unify the titles soon. At least until Smackdown moves to FOX. Didn't care much about the Tag match anymore. What a bunch of bullshit.

I'm kinda glad that there weren't any call ups (yet). The roster is already too congested and there aren't many big names left. NXT needs The Undisputed Era, Gargano, Riddle, and Dream right now more than RAW or Smackdown does.

What was that old Gobbledy Gooker in the box? Bray Wyatt's new pet?

3 hours ago, ee28max said:

Sensing another story here. I'm glad Bobby Lashley brought up Renee Young into the whole thing when Dean was about to leave. I don't want to hold Dean hostage in WWE, I mean, if he wants to leave, I respect his decision. His return lead to a joke, his heel turn shattered him into many pieces and his IC title reign wasn't even that good. The "Moral Compass" gimmick died out instantly and a random babyface turn came from outta nowhere.

So this is what I see; Bobby Lashley will be bothering Renee over the week(s), maybe a couple of videos being posted outside WWE or a Twitter confrontation, which will lead to Dean Ambrose having that urge to return. He'll go one-on-one with Bobby: if he wins, he'll re-sign and be reinstated in the company. If he loses, he'll be gone forever. I miss such storylines.  

I hope you're right and this is all just a big swerve, though after RAW went off the air, The Shield got together in the ring to say goodbye to Dean. I don't want to see him leave, however I don't think he will be back anytime soon after that segment.

Welp... Ambrose really is gone. Really gonna miss him. He was my favourite Shield guy until they turned him into the overly scripted "funny" lunatic. He was never the same. I don't blame him for leaving one bit. Guy comes back from a serious injury and they turn him into one of the most scattershot characters in years... one minute he betrays Rollins, the next he's proclaiming go be some sort of "moral compass", and next he's berating people for "smelling bad" and stealing my gas mask gimmick. It turned him into an unrelatable joke in record time. I'd even forgotten he was IC champ in the middle of all this. Ambrose is a promo natural and scripting him is a disservice and an insult to a master of his craft.

Don't know why they couldn't put it on the show proper but at least they let him be himself a little on his "network exclusive" farewell; he even snidely buried Raw's three hour runtime. He'll be one of the biggest ever gets for the indie circuits, and I hope he ends up a place where his immense talent is appreciated, encouraged, and rewarded. I wish him nothing but the best... but, a little selfishly, I hope he'll be back someday. There's no Doors without Jim Morrison, and there's no Shield without Dean Ambrose.

11 minutes ago, AK-1138 said:

He'll be one of the biggest ever gets for the indie circuits

He's going to be like a Lebron of the wrestling world come free agency. Everyone is going to be gunning for him.

Didn't expect anything from RAW so I'm not disappointed. The matches were decent to good but the entertainment part was terrible. I don't even know what WWE should do to make me happy about RAW again... Maybe start respecting the brands, push a lot of superstars (not just for the main event but also for the midcard and the tag team division) and start creating 5 to 10 main eventers so we don't have to have Reigns pushed down our throats every time there is a big match.

Edited by itachi-destroyer

On 4/8/2019 at 0:14 PM, KingGuy420 said:

The announcers raving that Batista had no ring rust after he tripped on his way into the ring was hilarious.

Understatement of the year. I must've spent half of Batista vs Triple H laughing my damn arse off at Batista tripping. 

im happy that kofi annan wins the wwe championship. he deserved it, he spent about 11 years in wwe and never treated as serious fighter.

On 08/04/2019 at 4:14 AM, KingGuy420 said:

I have to admit, as far as Mania's go, I thought that was one of the weaker ones I've ever watched. Pretty much every match had a considerable amount of sloppy moves. Rollins going from completely beaten down to winning without any real build up was just bad. The announcers raving that Batista had no ring rust after he tripped on his way into the ring was hilarious. Kurt Angle getting robbed.... man, what do ya even say about that?

But seeing Kofi win that belt after over a decade of putting in work made watching that 5 hour show worth it. Watching his son raise that belt above his head just might be one of my favorite Wrestlemania moments ever. After watching that guy be consistently great for all these years, it was nice to see it finally pay off. Even if he does lose it within the month, it was worth it.

I quite agree. while I do like the womens main I feel the table spot sucked and the ending seemed anticlimactic. plus yea the shoulders. maybe wwe screwed Ronda like they did Bret? Vince just saying were done with her. screw it. count to 3.

I loved the Kofi match. I hope they never merge the titles. but yeah Kofi winning was good. i still do not view seth as believable to beat brock. I sort of hate how brock is booked. he either wins in beast mode. or he dominates 5-10min. gets hit with a few moves and loses. whether its Cena, Roman, or now Seth. 

but yeah I find this a weaker one. where as it seems online everyone loves it. if anything it was too predictable and too much of a feel good.

then burying McIntyre. Roman doesnt need the win. I also hate Demon Balor. and dont get me started on Angle. dude should never have had a retirement run. can barely walk.

6.5/10

I'm hearing Ronda broke her hand during the match?  If true, maybe the finish was rushed instead of whatever was planned?

Neither weekly show was quite able to take the easy soft serve of the post-Mania hype and run with it (a common enough theme, as we can almost see McMahon's brain degrading on a weekly basis through the insane and inane stuff that gets his go-ahead) but as is their wont, SmackDown wins out for sticking with the simple and clean and respecting their audience. Both shows were primarily meant to be palate cleansers free of much story development by design... wouldn't be much point when the rosters are getting all ker-skuffled next week, anyways.

Rainbows and pancakes for the New Day, who basically rehashed their stuff from Monday. I guess having Rowan and a returning Harper ruin things would make a little too much sense. Please don't tell me Drew is, like, the third member of The Bar now... I've heard that joke about the Scotsman, the Irishman and the Swiss already.

Amazing they can't find something better for Andrade and Nakamura to do than just on-off makeshift tag team fodder. Blackochet and Ali had a fun triple pose moment but that's about it. It still boggles the mind how the Kofi situation wouldn't even be a thing if Ali hadn't got injured.

Strowman and Joe, man? I wanna see that. IIconics are killing it. They already are doing more with the belts than Banks and Bayley ever got the chance to. Never liked all that leather covering up Bayley's god-tier midriff anyways :devil:

Hardys added to their GOAT tag team legacy yet again... even now when 90% of their moveset is rinse-and-repeat Greatest Hits stuff, the Hardys always bring it. Be sweet if they could hold on to them suckers until I'm going to a house show for the first time in my life next month! Diet Snitsky is now the Legend Killer, apparently. Okay, whatever. 

So they're really doing this whole Man vs. Lady thing, huh? I don't know what to make of Evans yet. I missed all her stuff in NXT. All I've got to go on is a semi-botched Royal Rumble appearance and months of her showing up, doing her catwalk bit, and leaving. I'm just glad to see Becky might have shaken off the annoying satellite that is Charlotte, hopefully for a long time. Jury's out on this one, but I'm a generous man. Show me what you got, Lacey.

New Day went over in a pointless house show tag match. Joy. Sami's interruption was the one memorable thing about this. Best talker on the midcard, we missed you.

Whomever wins the Money in the Bank case... you know what you have to do. No need to keep it around for months. And if that whomever is a certain scraggly goat who actually cares about the planet's future, even better.

14 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

Welp... Ambrose really is gone. Really gonna miss him. He was my favourite Shield guy until they turned him into the overly scripted "funny" lunatic.

I liked the funny lunatic act. Sometimes it sucked, sure. But alot of it was great and memorable.

https://youtu.be/u391R0kF6f8

People being salty about Kurt losing at WM... why?
It's how it should be! The one who's retiring is doing the honors! Winning doesn't help him anymore, he's gone. Losing on the other hand puts the other talent over.

Smackdown sucked. They are doing a really good job at making me want to stop watching Raw and Smackdown completely. 

It's almost like they want to bury all of the most promising superstars to force us to accept their chosen ones. I feel bad for McIntyre and Samoa Joe honestly, these two should already be world champion (if only Samoa Joe defeated Brock Lesnar it would have been a fantastic move for him...) instead of that Drew is put randomly with The Bar to lose to Kofi Kingston (the list of people sacrificed for this guy in 2 months is ridiculous) and Samoa Joe is probably going to make Braun Strowman look good when it should be the opposite. Too bad Samoa Joe wasn't born in the right samoan family, Vince would be in love with him.

Looks like Braun Strowman and Drew McIntyre will be going to SmackDown during the shake-up, so they won't have to be "shadowed by Roman Reigns", same reason that got Samoa Joe on the blue brand due to a push he was gonna receive, but come a year later, he only won the US title (which is better than what he's been months before) and still hasn't beaten AJ Styles in a singles match. 

One month Drew McIntyre is all solo and a pure monster heel, the other he is with a team. He was partially in the match anyway, only Sheamus and Cesaro did most. Maybe the shake-up will do wonders but I still doubt it. 

So far I'm loving The IIconics as Women's Tag Team champs. They are already better than Sasha Banks & Bayley, I never thought so myself until it all came into fruition. I wonder who Paige will be bringing next week. Absolution? AJ Lee and Kaitlyn? LayCool?

I also never knew Shane McMahon's heel work would be amazing. He was the type of guy who would always praise the WWE Universe every time he would go on screen or say something on the mic, and now it's something else. Don't know if it's over with The Miz, but this whole "Best In The World" thing keeps playing with my head. One day I say he'll come using CM Punk's entrance to troll the fans, and the other I say CM Punk appears and confronts Shane for stealing his catchphrase. Imagine the pop he'd receive.  

I wish Randy Orton won at WM. Looks like his routine on SmackDown is just RKO'ing everyone after their match from outta nowhere and then you have Kevin Owens botching the Stunner, but Rusev sells it perfectly. Are we about see the debut of Team R-KO? And Sami Zayn as heel, while the crowd still singing to his theme song was one of the highlights on SmackDown. 

Edited by ee28max

Can't say I blame them for putting on a more or less uninspired Smackdown last night, after a long week and a half with lots of shows. Because of that, I will give them a pass for this particular episode.

Something has to change though. As soon as the shake up is over, the brand split must be taken serious again. I don't want to see the same stuff and the same superstars on Tuesday that I saw on Monday. Put Lars Sullivan, Sami Zayn, Aleister Black, Ricochet, that silly buzzard, and Lacey Evans, exclusively on one show.

And stop with the cheap pops. Everyone knows what happened at Mania. Everyone is happy for Becky and Kofi. I'm happy too, but I don't need to be reminded every five minutes by half of the roster about it.

As far as Drew is concerned, he fits perfectly to the blue brand. McIntyre would have been one of my picks for the draft and I'm sure he is going to win the WWE Championship this year. Strowman vs Joe for the US title will be interesting too.

WWE in a nutshell: get ruined on RAW, get pushed on Smackdown.

Raw and Smackdown felt like the same show this time, with back to back segments of Becky Lynch and The New Day that you would have a hard time telling apart if it weren't for the ring ropes looking differently. Both also ended in a very underwhelming way. Becky has to make due with the blond bimbo whos name I can't even remember, and I read up that this punch she greeted Becky with was supposed to be her finisher, which is hilarious since Becky almost no sold it and this woman is no Rhea Ripley or Nia Jax, probably the two only women who could make this thing work as a finisher. The new Day had to deal with the bar, and they somehow pulled poor Drew into this as well for a tag match on Smackdown. Drew was somehow gone after the commercial in what was a short and meaningless match anyway, so no damage done to him I suppose, but The Bar as no more than cannon fodder at this point.

On raw you have the tag titles being fought over. On one side, the guys who pretty much always lose, on the other side the team with the guy that had a losing streak going into the 3 digits, which sums up the state of this title pretty well. Ambrose leaves without even having a proper send off match, seems fitting for the company, let's watch them passive aggressively bully Rene Young the moment Dean is joining AEW, if he decides to do that. Still can't entirely rule out a planned come back though, the fact that they have involved Young like that anyway is kinda suspicious. Bayley is being jobbed to Alexa, which I have no problem with since she is a tag team wrestler now and at least Alexa is being booked as a credible singles performer, also I must have gotten used to so many people getting buried in short order by now.

We had another useless Corbin segment, with Angle getting some retribution for having his last match sullied by this guy, only to have him then fed to the new monster of the month Sullivan. I admit I have no idea who this guy is, what he can do or how good he is, I faintly remember his vignettes months back and then he supposedly no showed several shows because he is a pansy that gets nervous around bigger crowds, good first impression. The second impression i had of him was "man, that guy looks like Gene Snitsky, only much smaller and less impressive", they even called him a freak, and if the first association you have is with a wrestler who never had a good run in his life, then you are off to a bad start, but I keep an open mind for now.

Zayn returns and directly loses a match, then turns into Bryan light. Did not miss the guy because of how they usually waste him, does not seem to be any different now, poor fucker. The Undertaker also made a return, one day after his show, Wrestlemania, which is an atrocity but probably to promote a match for the next Saudi Arabia show, because only insane amounts of money can get The Undertaker to do anything these days. I mean i get it he is ancient and broken down, but he should also be rich as hell by now, so if he can put his body through a match in SA for a pay day he should be able to do it in a 5 minute match at his show, really a bummer, still always nice to see his entrance.

The bait and switch double title main event had me lured in, I admit it, I seriously thought they would go through with this match, and I thought both wrestlers had a chance to win. They could have gone way overboard with Kofis story and have him win the second world title, I mean they kept burying everyone in the company, old and new alike, to catapult him into the WM main event so why not add Rollins to the list of casualties, or they could have only meant him to be a transitional champion to put the belts on Rollins and turn that into an interesting story for the upcoming draft. In the end they took the cheap way out, pissing many people off, but I really tried to work through what they are planning for a few minutes, forgetting how crap the company is for a moment, it was fun while it lasted.

On smackdown we have another blonde bimbo vs Lynch brawl, nothing to see here, at least it is not another chapter vs Charlotte I guess. The brand split has been declared null for a while, making things interesting in theory but if all they do is throw Drew away in a meaningless tag match and put on a semi interesting Strowman vs Joe match, I am not all that impressed by it.

The Hardys won the pair of tag titles that still mean something, which is nice because despite having lost a few steps due to age and injury, they are still more interesting than almost any other tag team in the company, good for them, match wasn't bad either. Ali had a good match too, Shanes promo was kinda boring and why they keep involving the poor announcer is beyond me, but I let it slide because I enjoy Shanes heel work.

But what the freaking hell is up with this cheap looking bird pupped in a box? Is it the revenge of the Gobbledy Gookers great great grandson? Has one of the writers now finally lost his mind entirely? Is Vince on different roids and medications? Or is it another chapter in the greatest effort to ruin a once young and promising mans career who is named Bray Wyatt? Hard to tell, but whatever it is I am sure it is going to be shit, these kind of things always turn out to be shit.

If it weren't for the fact that we are on the follow up shows for Wrestlemania, these shows would not have been much worse than usual, at least for Raw. Smackdown was worse because they copied content from Raw directly, even borrowed some of the wrestlers for it, and because Smackdown usually is much more watchable than Raw. Since they are the WM follow ups however, expectations were higher and them teasing the double title match on Raw had me in good spirits that they would deliver, then shit just fell apart and took a faceplant. Hope they get better next week, it is becoming increasingly hard to watch at this point.

6 hours ago, Sicho said:

People being salty about Kurt losing at WM... why?
It's how it should be! The one who's retiring is doing the honors! Winning doesn't help him anymore, he's gone. Losing on the other hand puts the other talent over.

It is not merely the fact that he lost, it is how he lost and against who he lost. Baron Corbin is a crappy wrestler and often accurately described as a charisma vacuum. He has this big smile each time people loudly boo him because he thinks he is doing a great job as a heel and probably thinks he will get rewarded for it, when he in fact has something people used to call x-Pac heat. When heels have X-Pac heat, people are not going to watch their matches to see them get their comeuppance, they either change the channel or suffer through their matches and segments with gritted teeth, just wanting the performer they genuinly dislike in every way to get run over by a truck if it means they don't have to watch him ever again.

You will not find many people complaining that Ric Flair lost to Shawn Michaels in his last match, because it was a great match, a good send off that saw Ric Flair reach heights he wasn't able to reach for years thanks to being matched with someone grat who could carry him to it. Kurt Angle vs Corbin sucked, it was not even a new match up either, nor was it a repetition of a classic they had before like it could have been with Samoa Joe or any other wrestler Kurt had a long history with.

It was not even putting someone over like you claim. Baron Corbin is in his mid 30s, he is with the company for around 7 years now and only was awarded one abysmal US title reign in that time, they even made him lose his money in the bag cash in title match, that is how little trust they have in him. In addition, they have not done anything interesting with him for months now, and it is doubtful they will in the next months, so his win over Kurt was wasted. I would have taken a feel good moment win for Kurt, a loss to an old rival after a good last effort match, a loss to a talented new guy from NXT, anything really, over this farce of a reheated trash pile that was Angle vs Corbin.

20 hours ago, Baranov_925 said:

im happy that kofi annan wins the wwe championship. he deserved it, he spent about 11 years in wwe and never treated as serious fighter.

You been watching the wrong match mate.