The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

There are 2 problems with Bryan beating Taker.

1. Did you see the reaction Taker's loss got? Bryan wouldn't be able to handle that heat, nor would he want to be a heel for the rest of his career. Anyone who beats the streak had to be a heel. Sure smarks would've cheered for Bryan, because they realize what happened. But the casual fans would more than likely boo him for breaking the streak.

2. Had Bryan faced Taker, they would've thrown away an entire year of story build up. Bryan has been fighting the authority all year, and Wrestlemania is the time for closure and a happy ending. It would make no sense at all for Bryan to just abandon the authority and face Taker. It would look like a consolation prize, like he'd be saying "Oh well, the authority beat me. Guess I should challenge Undertaker."

Under different circumstances, a double retirement match with Kane vs. Undertaker would've been perfect. But WWE decided to butcher Kane's character for whatever reason. We got Lesnar, and I honestly can't think of a better man to break the streak under the current circumstances. It may seem like a bad idea to some right now, but it'll turn out to be a great idea in the long term.

1. just because Lesnar got that reaction doesn't mean Bryan would have too, people for years have wanted Taker's streak to end, but couldn't find the right guy to do it. Back then people wanted Shawn to end it, and people had many Pro-shawn Signs on both times he went for the streak. Have you not seen the reaction bryan gets, both sides love the guy(except for those few people who find him un-manly), and would have accepted bryan as the guy to end it. Plus a heel doesn't need to be the guy to end it, infact if a heel ended it using heelish methods stealing the win, then people would have lost it. If a Face put up a honorable great match then the fans would have cheered the outcome, while giving a heart warming standing ovation with both men shacking hands. Leaving a great WM moment to remember for years. 

2. Bryan wouldn't be trowing away his feud with the Authority, infact Taker would be elevating the feud, by raising the fans hope even higher for bryan. After the authority decides to do the Orton & Batista angle, taker shows up to see what danel Bryan's got, by challenging him to a match @ mania. Then at mania Bryan & Taker Steal the show, causing a lot of talk. It would bring greater support to both the fans & staff(since at the time people were getting tired of seeing bryan get screwed too much) to convince the people in charge that they are making a mistake with Bryan, thus making the authority have to force a bit of respect towards Daniel Bryan. Instead of calling him a B+ player. He could easily silence HHH when he says "hey HHH how many times did you go for the streak...3 and what happened during all 3? If I recall you lost them all" So how is it that a B+ player can beat the man you  failed 3 times to Defeat" Unless I'm not a B+ player?

I mean what was supposed to be the big deal of this WM30, Daniel Bryan Winning Both titles, but instead his moment was foreshadowed by the taker loss. People right now are not talking about Daniel Bryan winning the Belts, people are spamming the internet or focusing their review time on Brock ending the streak. That wasn't supposed to be the outcome of a yearly planned build. If bryan beat taker it would set the new chapter of bryan getting his time to get back @ the authority. Especially with the Shield turning face & backing up bryan now.

For now like I said no one can do anything, it is what it is. You can't expect vince to say "technically the taker is still undefeated!, so the streak is still alive" He lost so Clean it's hard to create an excuse.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Might I add this is a fairly dumb financial move on WWE's part, since the streak is the main attraction of WrestleMania, arguably. If they wanted the streak to end this year, they should have capitalized on it. I'm talking a solid months time of build up and have it all culminate at WrestleMania. Also yeah, at the current circumstances Bryan wouldn't work, but WWE create the circumstances. I'm pretty sure they plan all this WrestleMania stuff ahead of time, so it would have been very well possible to book Bryan ending the streak if they actually wanted to.

Might I add this is a fairly dumb financial move on WWE's part, since the streak is the main attraction of WrestleMania, arguably. If they wanted the streak to end this year, they should have capitalized on it. I'm talking a solid months time of build up and have it all culminate at WrestleMania. Also yeah, at the current circumstances Bryan wouldn't work, but WWE create the circumstances. I'm pretty sure they plan all this WrestleMania stuff ahead of time, so it would have been very well possible to book Bryan ending the streak if they actually wanted to.

Actually from all reports the original WM plan was to have Bryan take on Sheamus, Orton/Batista and CM Punk vs HHH

When Punk walked out they switched it to Bryan vs HHH and then when the fans began to crap all over the product they added in the triple threat stipulation

Also it was Taker that supposedly wanted Brock to beat him so even if Vince wanted Bryan to do it Taker pretty much has final say over his matches.

Haven't watched more than 2 minutes since it was around the time that it was all about Stone Cold, The Rock, Mankind, Undertaker, Vince and his kids were just starting to get into it, Ken Shamrock just showed up from UFC, Sable and lingerie and stuff before there was Divas and a female belt. That's right around the time when it became clear that it was more about sex, ridiculousness and greed. I'm thinking it was like 1995-ish? I don't know.

1980's WWF ftw. Give me some Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Koko B. Ware, Junkyard Dog, Rowdy Rody Piper, Hillbilly Jim, King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Strike Force, Jake the Snake Roberts, Brittish Bulldogs, The Rockers, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Greg the Hammer Valentine, Honkey Tonk Man, Brutus the Barber Beefcake and that crazy hairy guy that used to eat the turnbuckles lol. I think his name was Animal or something.

I stopped caring right around the time that there was 2 epic pay per view events, pretty close to each other, where it was Hogan and Macho Man (when they had the Elizabeth beef) and then Hogan and Ultimate Warrior (belt for belt).

THAT was good stuff. :awesome:

Edited by effdeegee

90's/early 2000s >>>>> everything else. The 80's were good too, but the guys from the 90's, the matches and storylines, it was all pretty wicked. Sex has always been a part of the divas competition, and when was wrestling not ridiculous? it always has been. The 90's/early 2000 eras had a certain sense of self awareness to that fact, which made it that much more fun to watch.

I mean, c'mon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKcn7I-UxFc

Hilariously over the top awesome.

say what you want about Cena, but you can't deny he is a pretty awesome guy outside the ring :)

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/454850678847197184/photo/1

I remember watching an interview with John Cena and it was like an hour and a half long. I don't give 2 shits about wrestling but, that guy is one down to earth dude. He talked about how he was really fat and awkward as a kid and how he went through being a loner and bullied in school and stuff. He even talked about how, after he got buffed, into the WWE and made a gagillion dollars, some fangirl that weighed like 300lbs came up to him in a bar so, he took her home and had sex with her just because he knew how happy it would make her. That guy is super cool in my books.

Edited by effdeegee

He even talked about how, after he got buffed, into the WWE and made a gagillion dollars, some fangirl that weighed like 300lbs came up to him in a bar so, he took her home and had sex with her just because he knew how happy it would make her. That guy is super cool in my books.

Wow, I couldn't imagine that though. o.O 

Anyways, yeah, he has done a lot of involvement at Make A Wish. I think he's the one that has the most wishes granted by a single individual. That's one of the things why I like about him, a lot of involvement in charity work. =)) 

Edited by bigbirdisHOT

YES! Monday Night Raw is 2nite. Should be good & WWE has all these new superstars debuting. Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, & PAIGE THE NEW DIVAS CHAMPION.

WWE is giving the spotlight to younger talent which is good.

BO-LIEVE IN THE SHIELD & DANIEL BRYAN! YES! YES! YES!

YES! Monday Night Raw is 2nite. Should be good & WWE has all these new superstars debuting. Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, & PAIGE THE NEW DIVAS CHAMPION.

WWE is giving the spotlight to younger talent which is good.

BO-LIEVE IN THE SHIELD & DANIEL BRYAN! YES! YES! YES!

They announced on Friday that tonight would be a Warrior tribute show.  Don't know if that means they're pre-empting everything and just talking about Warrior and showing his old matches like they did with Benoit or if it's gonna be a normal show with Warrior bits peppered in but I'm not expecting much story progression tonight.

They announced on Friday that tonight would be a Warrior tribute show.  Don't know if that means they're pre-empting everything and just talking about Warrior and showing his old matches like they did with Benoit or if it's gonna be a normal show with Warrior bits peppered in but I'm not expecting much story progression tonight.

I think you will see a 10 bell salute and then before or after commercials they will have tributes playing. I can't see them doing a 3 hour show to a guy who hasn't wrestle for them in over 16 years.

I think you will see a 10 bell salute and then before or after commercials they will have tributes playing. I can't see them doing a 3 hour show to a guy who hasn't wrestle for them in over 16 years.

If I had been paying attention to the time when posting that I would have realized the show already started and the question was already answered :facepalm:

After another week of seeing the Adam Rose spots I still can't wrap my head around the why.  The Leo Kreuger character worked.  It was over, he played it well, there's no reason to change it.  All I see when they do the party bus thing is the 4th member of 3MB.

Everything else is great right now though :D

• Like 1

After another week of seeing the Adam Rose spots I still can't wrap my head around the why.  The Leo Kreuger character worked.  It was over, he played it well, there's no reason to change it.  All I see when they do the party bus thing is the 4th member of 3MB.

Everything else is great right now though :D

I don't know about Bo Dallas though. I rarely watch NXT, but I remember he wasn't very good.

Bottom line is if you want to live a long life, don't become a professional wrestler.

I'm amazed how many many former wrestlers die so young.The steroids, bumps and performing 300+ days a year has a habit of shortening too many lives.

I'm glad he had his day and was there for the induction. RIP

not really, look at Bruno Sammartino he was a wrestler for a long time he's aged 78 and he hasn't died yet (and hopefully won't)