The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I don't even know what to say. The SummerSlam card featured with single matches only. Most matches were average and some had no point. It's funny how Seth Rollins got to beat Brock Lesnar despite not being a hundred percent. Although the match was alright (Brock doing his usual good sells), it's still hard to imagine and actually now come to our senses in the reality (of course in the reality, because it literally happened) that the Beast Slayer did not only beat him "twice" now, but it made other superstars look like jokes. Whom am I referring to? The likes of Roman Reigns (who actually managed to beat him due to a "distraction"), Braun Strowman (poor monster who always got victimized) and many more. 

He is now 2-time Universal champ and 4-time world champ (combined). Looks like Vince set his eyes to someone else, lol. So what's next for him though? I hope he doesn't get Roman Reigns '18 heat. It looks like WWE went lowkey to make the MITB not look pointless by giving it Brock, cash in, and lose the title just in about 27 days. I guess they just wanted to sell those "Brock Party" T-Shirts. 

The Fiend stuff was okay, blah blah. 

TakeOver Toronto was pure fire. The I could've sworn a few weeks ago I saw the stipulation made a street fight and not another 2-out of-3 falls (well, it looked like 3 stages of hell at that point). It's also funny when you come to realise that this weekend only had one (yes, one) title change.  

I mean, it's no secret that these are the contributing factors of why this thread rarely gets replies anymore. Things just suddenly changed and sinked in the shallow wells.  

• Like 3

While I did enjoy NXT Takeover as usual, The Street Profits ruined my excitement early. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Dawkins & Ford. They are entertaining as hell and I love what they are doing on RAW. I just wanted to see The Undisputed Era with all the gold. It's still possible of course. I read somewhere that every title could be on the line in the next WarGames Match. Either that or The Undisputed Era goes to war with Imperium.

SummerSlam was mediocre at best. Charlotte vs Trish could have been so much better (especially the build up). Whoever decided this silly double count-out finish for Orton and Kingston should be punished. What a stupid way to end an important match like that, just to extend their rivalry.

I don't mind Seth Rollins winning the Universal title again, but where do we go from here? Drew McIntyre has been in Shane McMahon's shadow for too long, to still be a credible contender. Bray Wyatt doesn't really need a championship, though it would be a logical move to push the guy immediately and put him in the main event spot. The Fiend definitely is the hottest thing right now. B)

• Like 2

Jesus, you guys really are jaded aren't you.  While I'll admit SS wasn't a 5 star show it wasn't a dumpster fire either.  Most every match was entertaining (it's time to admit that when Brock is into who he's wrestling he'll put on a good match... and he and Seth had a good match) and the booking, while uninspired, wasn't horrendous either.  It was a big 4 PPV so, like pretty much every big 4, they came at us with mostly "feel good" moments.

And RAW tonight was pretty good too, especially when you compare it to the shit McMahon's been flinging at us over the course of the last year.  Vince is obviously taking the threat of AEW seriously and giving the reigns to someone else is improving the product.  I mean, who saw Sasha coming back tonight with what looks like a monster push?  and speaking of monster, maybe Braun will finally get a shot with Heyman making the calls (he's doing RAW right?), The O.C. is currently holding 3 titles and running roughshod, yeah, "Seth wins lol", but no one was happy with Brock either.  And of course, the freaking Fiend!!  WWE's on an upswing right now, time to maybe enjoy it again.

• Like 3

On 13.8.2019 at 6:03 AM, skidmarkgn said:

Jesus, you guys really are jaded aren't you.  While I'll admit SS wasn't a 5 star show it wasn't a dumpster fire either.  Most every match was entertaining (it's time to admit that when Brock is into who he's wrestling he'll put on a good match... and he and Seth had a good match) and the booking, while uninspired, wasn't horrendous either.  It was a big 4 PPV so, like pretty much every big 4, they came at us with mostly "feel good" moments.

And RAW tonight was pretty good too, especially when you compare it to the shit McMahon's been flinging at us over the course of the last year.  Vince is obviously taking the threat of AEW seriously and giving the reigns to someone else is improving the product.  I mean, who saw Sasha coming back tonight with what looks like a monster push?  and speaking of monster, maybe Braun will finally get a shot with Heyman making the calls (he's doing RAW right?), The O.C. is currently holding 3 titles and running roughshod, yeah, "Seth wins lol", but no one was happy with Brock either.  And of course, the freaking Fiend!!  WWE's on an upswing right now, time to maybe enjoy it again.

Well, not too long ago, you complained about everything. Then you complained about the fact, that no one else was posting anything anymore. Now you complain about us criticizing parts of the product? Make up your mind dude. You want a discussion and a place, where everyone can share their opinions and feelings, or are one-liners and posting pictures suddenly that much better?!

Enlighten me, what was so good about Oldberg squashing Ziggler? They both suck and shouldn't even be on television. Or why did the crowd almost fell asleep during Bayley and Ember Moon? Oh, and should I be happy with a double count-out, after Orton/Kingston was one of the few matches with an intriguing build up? What Hogan vs Rock was for the men, Charlotte Flair vs Trish Stratus should have been for the women, but it wasn't. It was good, but not as great or memorable as I hoped it would be.

That being said - yes, there have been some improvements in general. WWE slowly but surely is getting back on track. The Roman "Whodunit" Storyline is very good. Sasha's return was awesome. Some outstanding matches as well, such as Drew McIntyre vs Cedric Alexander and Roman Reigns vs Buddy Murphy this week. Plus, a King of the Ring tournament got announced. Other stuff like the wild card rule, still needs to go.

• Like 2

Takeover Toronto was a nice PPV but I really lost interest into WWE. They somehow ruin my expectations all the time lol (not NXT but main roster). They're like spreading butter in AEW's and NJPW's bread. I mean just look at G1 Climax 29. That tournament was on pure fire. Sure some matches like Jeff Cobb vs. Jay White was boring or Bad Luck Fale wasn't enough for this tournament (cardio wise) but still it was the best thing in wrestling in 2019 (Just an example of final day, KENTA joined BC, betrayed Shibata and LA Dojo Young Lions and Shibata returned to in ring action to backfire on KENTA which I believe we'll see KENTA vs Shibata on WK14 for NEVER Openweight Title (assuming KENTA defeats Ishii in Royal Quest)). Royal Quest and All Out are on the way as well so WWE is in a tough situation imo, time will show this...

• Like 2

On 14/08/2019 at 1:32 AM, jackmadrox said:

You can't be serious.

If you prefer watching Seth Rollins saying "I'm doing it for the people. i'm going to beat the beast thanks to your love and your passion. We'll do it together, we'll burn suplex city down !!!" and other stupid things like that week after week over Brock Lesnar destroying Seth Rollins in one of the most brutal assault in recent years I can't do anything for you. People are so stuck on the "Oh brock lesnar is never here he should retire" whining that they can't even admit when Brock Lesnar actually shows up more than usual and put on a hell of a show. And yeah, even the Brock Party thing was fun while it lasted. Now if you really think that Brock Lesnar wasn't entertaining the last few weeks/months I'd more than happy to see what you really found entertaining. 

Well, not too long ago, you complained about everything. Then you complained about the fact, that no one else was posting anything anymore. Now you complain about us criticizing parts of the product? Make up your mind dude. You want a discussion and a place, where everyone can share their opinions and feelings, or are one-liners and posting pictures suddenly that much better?!

Enlighten me, what was so good about Oldberg squashing Ziggler? They both suck and shouldn't even be on television. Or why did the crowd almost fell asleep during Bayley and Ember Moon? Oh, and should I be happy with a double count-out, after Orton/Kingston was one of the few matches with an intriguing build up? What Hogan vs Rock was for the men, Charlotte Flair vs Trish Stratus should have been for the women, but it wasn't. It was good, but not as great or memorable as I hoped it would be.

That being said - yes, there have been some improvements in general. WWE slowly but surely is getting back on track. The Roman "Whodunit" Storyline is very good. Sasha's return was awesome. Some outstanding matches as well, such as Drew McIntyre vs Cedric Alexander and Roman Reigns vs Buddy Murphy this week. Plus, a King of the Ring tournament got announced. Other stuff like the wild card rule, still needs to go.

Yeah I agree, and seeing post like this are also one of the reason I don't even want to write here anymore. I mean, this topic was kept alive by like 4-5 people for a few years so if people can't even share opinions without someone jumping on them because they dare to think differently, this topic will stay "dead".

Concerning the Orton / Kingston rivalry, the match was DECENT but what made it interesting was the rivalry between them. If they ruin it with a shitty ending it's totally normal people will complain. What's more hilarious is that Kofi Kingston's saying that Orton crossed a line (even though he didn't do anything) is exactly what happened a year ago at last year's Summerslam when Styles defeated Samoa Joe by disqualification because he taunted Styles' family, how original. ?

I don't like Roman Reigns' storyline however I like how they made him more "vulnerable" in his match against Buddy Murphy. I'm not saying the match was good or anything but I was pleasantly surprised to see WWE allow Buddy Murphy to look that good agaisnt their golden boy. I'm not looking forward to the rest of the feud though, I can already see Roman Reigns overcomming the odds once again and beating Daniel Bryan AND Rowan ?

As far as the King Of The Ring is concerned, I really hope they are going to make it good again because the last editions were terrible. Hopefully someone like Drew McIntyre wins it so he can have a little momentum back but I would not be surprised if they made Ali win just so they can make him look good before their show in Saudi Arabia.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Not too long ago there was nothing good going on in the WWE, so yeah, I was on board with the bitch-fest.  Summerslam, however, had just as much, if not more, good than bad and almost all the posts afterwards were still just slamming all the bad and either brushing off or ignoring any of the good entirely, as though everyone simply watched so they could find things to complain about instead of trying to enjoy anything.  As for making up my mind, I know exactly where I'm at, I want WWE to be a good product, up until recently it hasn't been, AT ALL, and that sucked.  Now, it seems like they're righting the ship and I'd rather talk about the +'s than complain about the -'s.  Pointing out issues is fine, it's not all sunshine and rainbows, I'm just trying to see if we can get some balance and discuss the positive too.

Anyways, moving on, does anyone think (or better yet know) if there's plans for Finn to eventually join up with the O.C.?  Maybe they can kill two birds and have him lose the feud with Bray HARD prompting him to reunite with his boys?

Edit - I just realized I never gave my thoughts on the specific Q's you asked.  Oldberg squashing Ziggler was a combination of pandering while seemingly giving Ziggler a gimmick of asking for more, maybe it'll work for him maybe it won't, it does however give him a direction that'll be fine on the mid-card.  Ember was basically plucked from a hat and the match had no real build, which makes a great case for combining the titles now that the brand split is basically done.  Comparing Trish and Charlotte to Hogan and Rock is unrealistic in my eyes, Hogan is the face of the entire industry and the Rock is right behind him, possibly even ahead of him in today's world.  Both guys have transcended the sport and became recognizable to anyone anywhere, there's no way Trish and Charlotte could ever achieve that in their match.  And Kofi/Orton was part of the uninspired booking I mentioned in the OP.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I don't like Roman Reigns' storyline however I like how they made him more "vulnerable" in his match against Buddy Murphy. I'm not saying the match was good or anything but I was pleasantly surprised to see WWE allow Buddy Murphy to look that good agaisnt their golden boy. I'm not looking forward to the rest of the feud though, I can already see Roman Reigns overcomming the odds once again and beating Daniel Bryan AND Rowan 1f611.png

As far as the King Of The Ring is concerned, I really hope they are going to make it good again because the last editions were terrible. Hopefully someone like Drew McIntyre wins it so he can have a little momentum back but I would not be surprised if they made Ali win just so they can make him look good before their show in Saudi Arabia.

What I like about the story is that it involves multiple people. That's a rare case these days. One week this guy is in the spotlight, the other week it's that guy. Buddy Murphy finally got some airtime. Rowan as well. They even teased a face turn for Samoa Joe, but it looks like he's no longer part of this whole mystery. For now at least.

Remember when Steve Austin got hit by a car? Rikishi was the culprit and no one saw it coming. Come to think of it, he did it for The Rock back then and Vince really wants to have this Rocky vs Roman match. Could it be good old Fatu?! :D  Nah, they wouldn't do that…I wonder if Rikishi would still be able work a match. :hmm:

Drew McIntyre is my pick too, though out of the 16 scheduled competitors, pretty much every single one of them deserves to be crowned the new King of the Ring. It's such a star studded tournament that WWE can almost do no wrong here.

3 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

As for making up my mind, I know exactly where I'm at, I want WWE to be a good product, up until recently it hasn't been, AT ALL, and that sucked.  Now, it seems like they're righting the ship and I'd rather talk about the +'s than complain about the -'s.  Pointing out issues is fine, it's not all sunshine and rainbows, I'm just trying to see if we can get some balance and discuss the positive too.

Now that is something we can all agree upon. Might be healthier too, if we try to talk about the positives a bit more. Not all of it was or is bad. Not all of it is good, but on the other hand, when was that ever the case? I recently watched some of the early RAW episodes from 1993 to take a trip down memory lane and was baffled. Sure, there were some rivalries featured, The Mega Maniacs vs Money Inc. for example. Others like Razor Ramon/Bob Backlund or Shawn Michaels/Tatanka never even had anything to do with each other on the RAW shows, which lead to WrestleMania. As I child, you just watch these shows and don't question anything.

As a side note, I don't think that anyone around here complains just for the heck of it. There is always a reason and an explanation right behind it. Just wanted to point that out.

Thank you for your response. Maybe comparing them wasn't realistic. However, I believe Tom Phillips mentioned Hogan and The Rock during the event, since their match also took place in Toronto. As a total package, Charlotte is one of the best, if not the best female performer WWE ever had. 10-15 years ago, it was Trish. That's why I saw a similarity there. ;)

Regarding Finn Balor, I sure hope he will join The O.C., when he comes back. As far as I know, he asked for some time off from WWE, so we will have to wait and see. Sasha got her wish granted and turned heel. I bet Finn would benefit from a heel turn as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

What I like about the story is that it involves multiple people. That's a rare case these days. One week this guy is in the spotlight, the other week it's that guy. Buddy Murphy finally got some airtime. Rowan as well. They even teased a face turn for Samoa Joe, but it looks like he's no longer part of this whole mystery. For now at least.

Funny thing is Buddy Murphey was never supposed to be involved at all.  According to Whatculture he just happened to accidentally be in the background going about his business when the scaffolding was pushed and some eagle eyed viewers (I guess he was BARELY visible) noticed him.  They were vocal about it and WWE decided to run with it, which worked out great because that match with Roman made him look like an absolute stud.  Maybe he'll get a smaller scale version of Kofi's unplanned run after the Ali injury.

• Like 1

I'm certainly not going to ignore any of the good. I understand people like to hear other people yell and scream on YouTube about everything WWE has gotten wrong, but despite the overall feeling of wanting to complain about the wrong, I think some people are missing what WWE is doing right. It's easy to get stuck in that cycle, and vince has no one but himself to blame for that. He and Kevin Dunn ran the company so far down the crapper for so long, fans such as myself took to the Internet to voice their grievances with the product. Literally bitching about the product was more entertaining than the product itself.

But things seem to be on the mend in WWE as of late. No, not all lf it is good, some of it is still awful (the whole pregnant 24/7 champion thing, or The iiconics women's tag title reign which honestly made me forget that those titles even existed.) But The Fiend Bray Wyatt has been nothing short of awesome, Beck Lynch is badass as ever, and even the Roman Reigns mystery attacker thing is entertaining. 

It's easy to get stuck in the habit of expecting garbage week in and out, given how long said garbage went on. But things may be changing for the better in WWE. We'll have to wait and see.

-Seth and Braun is intriguing but the opponents as tag champs angle (even though its been a while since the last time it was done) is a bit been-there-done-that, hopefully their reign won't last too long and a proper feud between the two can start.  If, however, this means Strowman finally gets the chance he's deserved for far too long than I'm 100% good with it, rumor is Braun and Cedric are two guys Heyman is super high up on.

-Sasha and Becky are looking like they're fully committed to building the type of feud that makes people extremely emotionally invested and I can't wait to see how far they go

-Cesaro killing Joe right at the bell in their match was so freakin' awesome, hopefully Joe gets at least to the finals of the KotR, maybe against Alexander if the rumor turns out to be true.

-Bit too soon for The Fiend to show up again, I REALLY want them to protect the shit outta him and make it feel special each and every time he appears.  Some more Firefly Funhouse are long overdue as well.

-It also sounds like the plan for NXT on Wednesdays is more of a curse than a blessing.  I was planning on watching AEW anyways because NXT's weekly shows aren't always that great (Takeovers are where it's at) and a new promotion has my interest far more but now that they're going to TV, Vince apparently wants to be more... "hands on".  Sounds like it's already gonna be a 2-hour live show and I'm terrified that he's gonna bring main roster guys who no one likes *cough* Baron Corbin *cough* and put them over NXT stars because Vince is gonna Vince.  Although, I guess there's always a chance the Shinskes and Rusevs of the world could go there too and flourish.  Guess time will tell.  The only thing I'd say isn't a guess is that HHH has to be fuming about it.

• Like 1

The show was decent with a few good matches but the results are terrible. Sami Zayn basically jobbing to a former 205 spot monkey but the worst has to be the main event.

They are going hard with the Roman Reigns 2.0 push of Rollins. Instead of making RAW interesting with a well deserved push of The Club they were just here to create a feud between Rollins and Strowman it's pathetic. People can claim that WWE is becoming better all they want, all I see is WWE continuing to ruin the tag team division and pushing the same three boring guys (Reigns, Rollins, Strowman) to the main event for half a decade ?

And no matter how good The Fiend is, people will quickly realize that at this rate he will be ruined in no time if he keeps randomly attacking people for absolutely no reason. A character like that should appear for good reasons even if it's only once every 3 months. 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

And no matter how good The Fiend is, people will quickly realize that at this rate he will be ruined in no time if he keeps randomly attacking people for absolutely no reason. A character like that should appear for good reasons even if it's only once every 3 months. 

Thats the only point I disagree with. I remember how masked Kane came out practically every night and wrecked shit, once he went out like 3-4 times just beating the shit out of everybody, did not damage the character in any way because he was just an absolute beast. What damaged him was the insanity that gripped Vince McMahon by that point, giving him shitty storylines and slowly turning him into a comedy act. I can see that happening with The Fiend too, but in theory there is nothing wrong with him coming out like a natural disaster just randomly destroying fools for the fun of it.

• Like 1

An unexpected "What better way to start a Seth Rollins/Braun Strowman feud than to destroy the O.C" angle. I'm not mad at all, it's just that this kinda kills the division at large, I mean, you have two guys, who are inexperienced being a tag team as they still had to work on their chemistry, beating a seasoned tag team. Well, I guess I don't know a lot of stuff about tag team wrestling so I'm just gonna leave that there. It's quite funny how that'll start, just having the Monster of Men stare at the Universal title. Seth is now 5x tag champ, and his previous reign didn't go well. He's also become dual champ for the third different time in his career (WWE/US, IC/RAW TT, Universal/RAW TT), so looks like I'm starting perceive the whole Roman Reigns 2.0 push to the moon thing, lol. 

There are some disappointing results as well. such as the one stated above. I believe Sami Zayn could just be repackaged or just easily turn face and start helping Kevin Owens with the issues he has with Shane McMahon. The WWE doesn't have a problem bringing back old storylines, so why jump the rope with this one? 2017 we had face Shane and heel KO/SZ. It could be vice-versa for this year now as you could now have face KO/SZ and heel Shane. 

Pretty difficult to predict who'll win the KOTR tournament as there are a lot that deserve to win. 

Rumors say that Buddy Murphy appearing in the scene where Roman was first attacked was actually a mistake. Now you have this guy instantly becoming a star just after two awesome matches. They are now apparently building up sympathy and that's why he keeps getting beaten up backstage. These segments always crack me up, especially when the interviewers like Kayla run away before the attack. The same hilarious segment when Daniel Bryan presented the attacker who looked like Rowan. Roman's reaction was pretty much every one of us' reaction and this storyline keeps me intrigued to find out what's next. I respect how Bryan tried hard not to laugh because after that segment, I'm sure they all burst into laughter. The rise of Buddy Murphy keeps bringing me back to how Kofi ended up becoming WWE champ due to the demise of another superstar. The Kofi/Randy feud is fired up. I'm liking The Legacy 2.0 and I hope they keep it up moving towards the future with the feud. 

The Becky and Sasha feud is hotter than Bayley and Charlotte, but when Charlotte is involved, whether fans like it or not, she's a bigger star and can carry the division. She keeps the fans talking. It was quite quiet when it was Bayley and Ember Moon. I do hope they get Liv Morgan to interfere at Clash of Champion and then the next Tuesday, they can bring out other women, like Naomi and Carmella going for the title. 

Edited by ee28max
  • Like 3

On 8/20/2019 at 5:31 AM, itachi-destroyer said:

Let's just say this; if WWE screws up bad with The Fiend, that'll be the breaking point not only for myself, but for alot of people. WWE has been a total shit show for the last couple of years, it's time for them to show us that they can get their shit together and push an entertaining product with good story lines and larger than life characters. Because if they don't, there will be nothing to stop people from walking on over to AEW.

On 8/21/2019 at 6:06 PM, skidmarkgn said:

I'm thinking that may have already begun last night when he did the Miz TV segment.  On a side note, I completely forgot Shinske was the IC champ, lol.

I guess you're right about that. The IC title has lost its momentum months ago shortly after Finn Balor's second reign began after winning it from Bobby Lashley at WM. The title has since been rarely seen on TV and be defended as well. Coulda wished they setup a multi-man match (maybe ladder match at SummerSlam), where they could involve some guys, like Ali, Apollo Crews, Andrade, Bobby Robert Roode (damn, I even forgot about the name change and the point of it if he's just been utilized the same way), etc.  

On 8/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, Nighcisama said:

Thats the only point I disagree with. I remember how masked Kane came out practically every night and wrecked shit, once he went out like 3-4 times just beating the shit out of everybody, did not damage the character in any way because he was just an absolute beast. What damaged him was the insanity that gripped Vince McMahon by that point, giving him shitty storylines and slowly turning him into a comedy act. I can see that happening with The Fiend too, but in theory there is nothing wrong with him coming out like a natural disaster just randomly destroying fools for the fun of it.

That was back in the Attitude Era of the 90s and early 2000s.

The PG rating killed off a lot of the creativity especially with the writing. Before you occasionally had bouts and fights that ended with a WWF wrestler (WWE just sounds pussified) having blood on his forehead. That brought character to the act.

The matchups of The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Dudley Brothers, Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were some of the best fights the WWF (before it became WWE) ever had.

I watched WWE not too long ago and I could barely stand it. Everything is so pussified now and the writing is clearly all over the place. I think Vince McMahon is over drugging his wrestlers to become steroid fueled monsters because that has been done to death. Now it's basically doing shit for the hell of it. It could be that I haven't watched WWE somewhat regularly in ages but so much feels out of place and wrong.

• Like 1

This ol' crap again. We're just supposed to forget that Dolph Ziggler has been a crybaby for the last couple of months when and Michael Cole says Dolph Ziggler has a "new lease on life". "New lease on life" translates to "forget". They could have kept Ziggler on that path they had him on. Have his frustration turn into insanity. Perhaps getting "healed" by The Fiend? I can imagine Dolph in the ring, crying lying face down in the middle of the ring after another frustrating loss. And suddenly, the lights begin powering down,and it all goes black. A spotlight reveals The Fiend holding out his hand with the glove that says "HEAL". He only says three words: "LET ME IN". Dolph, looking up at The Fiend, screams "YES!" and takes his hand. The lights go out once more. Bray laughs. The lights come back on. The Fiend and Dolph, are now gone. And in turn, a new Dolph Ziggler would emerge. The same, and yet something would be off about him.

But they didn't do that. Instead he's just...ugh...Dolph Ziggler with a new lease on life.

Miz/Corbin aside (I've never been a an of either guy) the KotR tourney has really delivered.  Solid match after solid match, as long as it doesn't end with "King Corbin" (please for the love of everything let them be smart enough to not have that charisma black hole win it) I would call it a rousing success, so far the tournament matches are the thing I'm looking forward to most every week, which is saying something because I've never really been into the KotR.