The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

8 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

The way most people are booked nowadays, with very little creative freedom and usually not being allowed to write their own promos or just improvise, and especially with the lower age rating, I have no doubt that Stone Cold would have never gotten over. Stone Colds entire thing during his rise to the top was the badass screw all the rules whoop everybodies ass persona, one guy against the world and not giving a single fuck about any consequences. Stone Cold would have been just neutered the same way former prize fighter and badass Kevin Owens is now, not helping a McMahon during a heel turn and being put together with a long standing top heel like stone Cold was during the Two Man Power Trip, but just cowering and allowing himself to get beaten up before eventually going the legal way.

The Rock is a different kind of animal though. He is probably the single most charismatic man to ever enter a wrestling ring, being extremely versatile on the mic he most likely could have even made some of the utter crap these so called writers come up today work well. Without his deep cutting promos on other wrestlers something would be missing, but I am sure he would have climbed to the top and then made the transition to hollywood eventually, no matter how atrocious the material of the writers. I mean he survived the Rocky Mavia days, and that was some legit bad stuff in its own right.

The matches Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock had back in the late 1990s basically defined the Attitude Era. I don't think you could get away with the stuff they did back then nowadays.

Changing the rating and having Linda McMahon run in politics were the nails in the coffin for me. Also the tragic deaths of Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. Eddie Guerrero was one of my favorite wrestlers as a kid.

McMahon should of done what Arnold Schwarzenegger did and just went with it. I'm still a big fan of Schwarzenegger, I still think the first two Terminator movies are some of the best action movies of all time. He killed countless guys and shot people in the head in his movies. Didn't stop him from becoming Governor of California, who I greatly admired by the time he ran in office.

It's just stupid that Vince is such a pussy. I also know Abraham Washington got fired for making an "offensive" remark a number of years back, around 2012. Yet Vince can make commentary on someone's medical condition and still be in there because he's the boss of WWE.

On 9/27/2019 at 9:30 PM, Spaz said:

It's just stupid that Vince is such a pussy. I also know Abraham Washington got fired for making an "offensive" remark a number of years back, around 2012. Yet Vince can make commentary on someone's medical condition and still be in there because he's the boss of WWE.

I don't know...there are some lines that probably shouldn't be crossed. Washington made an unscripted rape joke so that leads to part of the problem with WWE today. They script everything because they are afraid people will make rape jokes on air.

That being said here is a video where Vince threatens to have Undertaker's wife raped (done to creepy David Lynch music)

I've stalled asking for advice for this long enough.

Since were back to WCW vs WWE again except now it's AEW vs WWE... what should I do?

Back when WCW vs WWE was going on I watched both. So should I do the same again? I'm trying to determine if I should watch NXT or AEW. I tried watching NXT once and really didn't like it honestly.

So what should I do? Basically... what I'm asking for is advice/suggestions.

AEW? Or NXT?

9 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Since were back to WCW vs WWE again except now it's AEW vs WWE... what should I do?

Back when WCW vs WWE was going on I watched both. So should I do the same again? I'm trying to determine if I should watch NXT or AEW. I tried watching NXT once and really didn't like it honestly.

AEW? Or NXT?

Well give AEW a try to see if you like it. It will be very similar in style to Nxt though

On 9/28/2019 at 9:23 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

I don't know...there are some lines that probably shouldn't be crossed. Washington made an unscripted rape joke so that leads to part of the problem with WWE today. They script everything because they are afraid people will make rape jokes on air.

He basically made a joke on the Kobe Bryant scandal and WWE decided to release him. I felt it was bullshit to do that.

Ever since WWE went 'PG' because of Linda McMahon's senate run I haven't really been all too excited about the WWE. I think MMA is a lot more entertaining these days, and there are other wrestling outlets that do a better job of informing the general public about things that don't necessarily happen on screen.

The 'Standup for WWE' campaign was also stupid.

What a weird Raw.  The Brock attack was interesting I guess but how do they explain him attacking a "kid in the crowd" only to get a title shot 4 days later?  I guess it gives them an out for the Kofi match (how will there NOT be any outside interference now that Brock's a "marked" man?) but having an attack like that go completely unpunished seems off, even for Brock.

Cedric's done, the victim of another completely one-sided feud, his build was apparently for nothing.  And the Rusev/Lashley feud with Bobby and Lana basically f--king on the ramp really came outta no where.  Speaking of f--king, can they PLEASE just take Maria off the show, her "baby daddy" bullshit is awful.  And I guess Ric is a heel now for the purpose of making sure another Saudi show involves anyone and everyone over the age of 142?  I don't know, I wanna be positive but the FOX transition has really made the two most recent shows feel super odd, and Vincey, very very Vincey.  Not good at all, save us Fiend.

Smackdown's about to start and I just can't get excited for it.  Too many 80's/90's stars, everyone everywhere knows what's gonna happen (I haven't read any spoilers even though the show's already over by the time it airs in my area) and nothing looks like it's gonna be great, as a matter of fact, think I just talked myself out of watching.  Ups and downs will be there tomorrow after all.  

Hopefully in 2 days The Fiend will be all that matters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit - Read the results and yup, one step forward, two steps back.  Over the past couple/few months the WWE has been on a major upswing.  Shit was actually starting to feel fresh and exciting again, enter the Fox move and just like that, we're back to the stale predictability that made us all so excited for AEW.  Pushes for guys like Cedric, Gable and the OC look like they're done while Lesnar, Charlotte and Reigns move right back in.  And Kofi... how many months did they spend building him?  How many people put him over?  All that time and effort building him as a champion, flushed in seconds so Brock can be on top and feud with someone who brings a pseudo well known name and latino market.  Super.  And I get it, Cain was the man who dethroned Lesnar in the UFC so there's a pre-written story there but son-of-a-bitch, can Vince just once live in the here and now and try building new stars from within?  I mean, it was what, 9 years ago?  Is that so much to ask? I still have my hopes that HiaC will bring with it something new but man, I'm seeing more and more of Vince's fingerprints everywhere and it's getting tough to stay optimistic.

Edited by skidmarkgn

AND YOUR NEW WWE CHAMPION... BROCK LESNAR ?

Thank god they finally ended Kofi's reign in a quick fashion. He should be thankful he squashed so many top stars and won the top title because he certainly didn't deserved it more than the superstars he defeated. People can bitch all they want but after all the top stars Kofi defeated the only choice remaining were Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns and I would much rather see Lesnar as WWE champion than Reigns.

I don't care about UFC but I know the history between these two so we'll see how the feud turns out. However I have to admit that I'm not a fan of WWE giving the spotlight to someone new to wrestling no matter how famous they are outside of WWE so I hope they know how to make this rivalry interesting and not just bet on the fact that people know who Cain Velasquez is.

Finally, all this AEW talk is annoying if people want to talk about this crappy show there is a topic dedicated to it so keep it there. (I certainly don't mind blacklisting every single AEW fan annoying enough to post about this show here.)

Edited by itachi-destroyer

On 9/29/2019 at 0:14 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

AEW? Or NXT?

I found both entertaining but Idk how it could be a war, immediately after Fox finished airing AEW they repeated the show.

Oh my, Cain out of its element  (octagon) looked god awful, if it wouldn't for the story behind these two I wouldn't care at all.

Finally, If Balor is NXT means more Demon Balor in action, great. At least there is some kinda redemption there, in the other hand Asuka, hmm, with all eyes focused in 4 horsewomen, no hope, and I can't see putting her back to Nxt would do any good.

Edited by GoldenShaka

You know with Hell in a Cell tonight I kind of wished they had held of the Brock/Kofi match until tonight just so they could have had Cain Velasquez come down to the ring to rip the door off the cage with the commentary team yelling "That's got to be Cain, that's got to be Cain" 

I would have laughed at least :P

See and this is the problem with having the stupid fucking Hell in a Cell PPV. Because it is a booking nightmare as you have to have the stupid cell...but the feud doesn't warrant it. 

Imagine if this didn't exist and instead you could have had the Fiend and Rollins battling all over the arena and getting counted out. Sure not a great ending BUT then they could be like we need a hell in the cell to contain these people.  As it is now, where do you go from here? a regular match? 

Also as others have said THE BABYFACE CHAMPION WAS THE DOMINATE ONE...WHY WOULD THERE BE A REMATCH. 

If Bray were the champ and Rollins beat him within an inch of his life he can have an argument that "I deserve a rematch". If Rollins were champ and Bray beat him within an inch of his life (but didn't win) then Rollins can say "I want my revenge". If Bray beat him within an inch of his life and won the belt then Rollins could want a rematch for his title.

But the way they did it though is literally Good triumph over Evil...and got the prize...so story over.

See and this is the problem with having the stupid fucking Hell in a Cell PPV. Because it is a booking nightmare as you have to have the stupid cell...but the feud doesn't warrant it. 

Imagine if this didn't exist and instead you could have had the Fiend and Rollins battling all over the arena and getting counted out. Sure not a great ending BUT then they could be like we need a hell in the cell to contain these people.  As it is now, where do you go from here? a regular match? 

Also as others have said THE BABYFACE CHAMPION WAS THE DOMINATE ONE...WHY WOULD THERE BE A REMATCH. 

If Bray were the champ and Rollins beat him within an inch of his life he can have an argument that "I deserve a rematch". If Rollins were champ and Bray beat him within an inch of his life (but didn't win) then Rollins can say "I want my revenge". If Bray beat him within an inch of his life and won the belt then Rollins could want a rematch for his title.

But the way they did it though is literally Good triumph over Evil...and got the prize...so story over.

Also since 2014 Charlotte has won 11 championships. She is on pace to beat her father record by next year.

I am actually pretty much speechless about this travesty of a finish. I made notes to write a review about the show, enjoyed some of it, most other matches ranked from below average to decent, Becky vs Sasha was the highlight for me despite me actually hating botch queen and crybaby Sasha, and then THIS main event... I got nothing, this is the dumbest shit I have ever seen in wrestling after almost 20 years of watching it, by far. Normally if something like this happens I would write an essay about exactly why this was so freaking stupid and how they ruined the best thing they had going with it, but I don't have it in me, I could literally feel my leftover passion for this company leave my body after it actually sunk in what they just did, people who haven't given up can write entire books about this thing.

9 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Wow. They did it. They screwed up the best thing they had going. I'm ready to give AEW a real shot now.

Take me with you buddy, where can I sign?

When is Vince McMahon going to die already ? ? Last time they ruined HIAC was Roman vs Strowman iirc and now Seth vs The Fiend come on... HIAC doesn't have any rules so nothing should stop the match (unless a wrestler dies or needs immediate medical attention obviously) but no.
The ending sucked but the way the match was booked sucked as well and it did nothing for Rollins or The Fiend. They managed to make Seth Rollins finisher look weak along with all the top stars he defeated with it while making The Fiend look stupid by needing medical attention and leaving without the title ?

The only thing worse than that is all the stupid "fans" talking about AEW in WWE news, forums and topics. If they want to stop watching WWE and see their show with all the WWE rejects nothing is stopping them instead of constantly bitching about a product they don't care about anymore. It's just common sense :|

Edited by itachi-destroyer

3 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

The only thing worse than that is all the stupid "fans" talking about AEW in WWE news, forums and topics. If they want to stop watching WWE and see their show with all the WWE rejects nothing is stopping them instead of constantly bitching about a product they don't care about anymore. It's just common sense :|

Couldn't disagree more with this statement.  Following both products doesn't make someone a "fan" and AEW 100% deserves to talked about in a WWE thread because they're supposed to be the reason WWE steps up their game, instead Vince is giving everyone a reason to turn their eyes to the competition, and that's coming from me, the guy who was trying to rally the troops in WWE's favor over the past few months.  And calling Jericho a "WWE reject" is being straight up disrespectful to a legend.  Cody left on his own terms because he was fed up with the bullshit he was being fed, he bet on himself and won, hardly a "reject" as well.  Hager is honestly the only man on the roster who could fall into that category.

I didn't watch the PPV myself (because I mostly don't. I just read the results. Except for Royal Rumble where I 'watchwrestling' it)

But after I read what happened... I'm pretty much in agreement with X-Pac here.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET DQ'D IN A MATCH THAT'S SUPPOSED TO LITERALLY HAVE NO RULES?!

Yeah... that was probably the WORST POSSIBLE ENDING to a match that's supposed to have no rules

Just wait for AEW to continue to SMASH WWE in the ratings (which they likely will) this is really the ONLY thing that's going to really 'wake' WWE up at this point.

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET DQ'D IN A MATCH THAT'S SUPPOSED TO LITERALLY HAVE NO RULES?!

Yeah... that was probably the WORST POSSIBLE ENDING to a match that's supposed to have no rules

I'm personally waiting for the inevitable scapegoating of the ref.  The first defense was "he wasn't DQ'd the match was thrown out" but then the logic of calling off a match that, in the past, had Mick Foley basically die, just for starters came in and slapped them in the face.  The next step will be pointing the finger at "that damn ref" to try and undo the disaster they created.

Hopefully there's going to be an absolute chorus of boo's and chants when Rollins comes out on RAW (not going to watch, too pissed and Monday Night Football sounds a billion times more appealing right now).

36 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

I'm personally waiting for the inevitable scapegoating of the ref.  The first defense was "he wasn't DQ'd the match was thrown out" but then the logic of calling off a match that, in the past, had Mick Foley basically die, just for starters came in and slapped them in the face.  The next step will be pointing the finger at "that damn ref" to try and undo the disaster they created.

Hopefully there's going to be an absolute chorus of boo's and chants when Rollins comes out on RAW (not going to watch, too pissed and Monday Night Football sounds a billion times more appealing right now).

I'm a glutton for punishment and the type of person that refuses to give up on them so I'll end up watching.

Honestly... if you ask me... it's about time for USA Network to regrow their balls and threaten to cancel RAW unless WWE gets their shit together. But... you know... ?