The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So if I didn't miss anything (I just read the RAW results) they didn't even bring Seth out last night?  Smart, he would have been absolutely destroyed by the crowd.  Instead Braun's taking over the Big Show's role of jobber to celebrities in the main even scene then?  Which means Smackdown has 2 former UFC fighters feuding over the title on Smackdown and one of their biggest most intimidating guys inevitably jobbing to a boxer.  Way to represent Vince.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

So if I didn't miss anything (I just read the RAW results) they didn't even bring Seth out last night?  Smart, he would have been absolutely destroyed by the crowd.  Instead Braun's taking over the Big Show's role of jobber to celebrities in the main even scene then?  Which means Smackdown has 2 former UFC fighters feuding over the title on Smackdown and one of their biggest most intimidating guys inevitably jobbing to a boxer.  Way to represent Vince.

But they showed some images from HIAC match, which was absolutely dumb and unnecessary. Let's see if they fuck up the thing even more during Friday Draft. I just hope they don't waste John Morrison.

5 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Reactions to full villain Bayley?

As for me... I'm kind of intrigued as to what 'villain' Bayley will look like. lol.

So far... all she's done is called everyone a bitch and also told everyone to screw off. 1f605.png

I was looking for some reason to make Bayley lose last PPV, well, more benefit was for Charlotte increasing total of championships but I hope everything goes well for the ex-hugger.

3 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

I wonder how long FOX will tolerate a brand new show losing a million viewers so fast... WWE doesn't realize just how badly they screwed up at Hell in a Cell.

It wasn't just that. They ran a draft like 6 months after the last draft (which they threw out the window 4 or 5 weeks later). 

I mean you can't tell people "the last one didn't matter but this one matters" and have they keep tuning in. 

Which brings us back to HiaC. Those used to matter but now it is just a thing you do every 12 months and WWE wonders why no one cares. Instead of being an attraction you bring out to close a feud, it is now just something the top guys have to do every October whether their match needs it or not. I mean look at all the terrible Hell in a Cells there have been because the WWE had to put the title program in one. 

The ending of Seth/Bray would have worked if it was just a regular match but because it was HiaC it killed that feud before it could really start because where can you go from here. 

So, New Japan Pro Wrestling is just expanding to the US (though they debuted IWGP US Heavyweight Championship 2 years ago and had shows like Super J-Cup, Strongstyle Evolved and Fighting Spirit Unleashed). This competition between promotions is firing up once again and benefits us, the wrestling fans, as we can watch all 3 big promotions + some Indy circuits (like PWG) as well. Here's the news about NJPW:

https://www.f4wonline.com/new-japan-news/njpw-announces-new-japan-pro-wrestling-america-subsidiary-295426

I haven't watched a single WWE show since Hell in a Cell (and it turns out I don't miss it at all), I also unsubscribed to the network.  That being said I'm still half-heartedly keeping up on the product through Whatculture's Ups and Downs/news shows and Bryan Alvarez because as soon as I see "Vince McMahon steps away from WWE forever for whatever reason who cares" in a headline I'll be back on board. 

That-that being said, 800k for a Smackdown?  even with  asterisk - different channel. asterisk - World Series next to that number, the lowest number in Smackdown history, that's really saying something.  When I saw NXT and AEW pulling low numbers I shrugged it off because they were up against the World Series and day 1 of the NBA season, Smackdown however, Brock and Cain were on that show (huge problem #1 - pushing MMA fighters above your full-time talent) Hogan and Flair were on that show (huge problem #2 - constantly pushing "legends" over you main roster), oh yeah Rey was there to do Cain's talking (huge problem #3 - inconsistency.  The opener of that show only had half of each team because the RAW guys weren't allowed on Smackdown only to have Rey, a RAW guy, show up later IN THE SAME DAMN SHOW!!), and it was the go-home show for Crown Jewel.  The only thing missing was Braun/Tyson (huge problem #4 - pushing any celebrity you can convince to show up above your main roster), that's a Smackdown thing right?  I'm pretty sure Braun's a Smackdown guy but who the hell knows in today's WWE.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 4:42 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

So... um... is John Morrison coming back to WWE or not? I thought for sure they would bring him back with the whole 'mystery partner' shtick 1f615.png

For what I know he signed already. They're just waiting some weeks. For how wwe is doing things lately I can't see how to add him that it doesn't end in a disaster. I think he should go to smack down, raw is a mess right now.

The HIAC main event was a disaster, they ruined The Fiend's moment in my opinion, now they tried to please the fans by giving the title to him in f******* SAUDI ARABIA... I'm super happy for him but doesn't feel that good knowing that he won it on a s*** PPV done by blood money. 

On 29/10/2019 at 7:15 PM, skidmarkgn said:

I haven't watched a single WWE show since Hell in a Cell (and it turns out I don't miss it at all), I also unsubscribed to the network.  That being said I'm still half-heartedly keeping up on the product through Whatculture's Ups and Downs/news shows and Bryan Alvarez because as soon as I see "Vince McMahon steps away from WWE forever for whatever reason who cares" in a headline I'll be back on board. 

That-that being said, 800k for a Smackdown?  even with  asterisk - different channel. asterisk - World Series next to that number, the lowest number in Smackdown history, that's really saying something.  When I saw NXT and AEW pulling low numbers I shrugged it off because they were up against the World Series and day 1 of the NBA season, Smackdown however, Brock and Cain were on that show (huge problem #1 - pushing MMA fighters above your full-time talent) Hogan and Flair were on that show (huge problem #2 - constantly pushing "legends" over you main roster), oh yeah Rey was there to do Cain's talking (huge problem #3 - inconsistency.  The opener of that show only had half of each team because the RAW guys weren't allowed on Smackdown only to have Rey, a RAW guy, show up later IN THE SAME DAMN SHOW!!), and it was the go-home show for Crown Jewel.  The only thing missing was Braun/Tyson (huge problem #4 - pushing any celebrity you can convince to show up above your main roster), that's a Smackdown thing right?  I'm pretty sure Braun's a Smackdown guy but who the hell knows in today's WWE.

AEW is doing great things I am loving the show! I never miss it live! Do you like it??

By the way Brock vs Velazquez made me throw up and don't even make me talk about f****** TYSON FURY.. This is what I hate so much about Vince, he disrespects his roster every single day of the year by having this stupid part timers who get paid millions and do nothing! THAT OLD BASTARD HAS A ROSTER FULL OF YOUNG AND PROMISING TALENT WORKING THEIR ASSES ALL YEAR NOT SEEING THEIR FAMILIES FOR THIS!?!?!?!?!?!

Gosh I can't talk about part timers, I just can't I get triggered by it very quickly. DISGUSTING.

fresquinho.png

Edited by fresquinho

Okay... so... um... 2 things...

1. Can someone please explain to me how it makes sense for a SmackDown superstar to win a RAW title?! ?

2. What the hell did I just watch last night? Seriously? WHAT. THE. HELL?! You may as well have renamed last night to...... NXT-Down! or something (sorry I'm not good with wordplay...) but somehow... it worked and was actually good?! ?

3 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

2. What the hell did I just watch last night? Seriously? WHAT. THE. HELL?! You may as well have renamed last night to...... NXT-Down! or something (sorry I'm not good with wordplay...) but somehow... it worked and was actually good?! 1f630.png

The majority of the roster got stuck in Saudi because their plane was grounded so they couldn't get back in time for the show.  

Man, Lance Storm's twitter is one of my favourites. He has a really dry sense of humour and it makes me so mad that WWE completely ruined it with this guy as he could have been so much more. At least he is going back as a producer so hopefully match quality can increase as Lance can teach those boys to work.

47OadOq.png

• Like 1