The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I have to admit. I saw the Punk thing and it came off as really lame. You had Rene freaking out and then the other 4 kind of going "oh cool" "is this real" and then there was smattering of applause off screen.

I know he works for Fox and not WWE right now but why not have him come back on Smackdown for a HUGE pop and then tell everyone to check out Backstage to see him. That way he comes back like a superstar, people tune into backstage and we don't have to watch Rene try her hardest to make a big deal look like a big deal.

• 3 weeks later...

It might have just been me... (probably...) but that was the best SmackDown in months.

MULTIPLE returns. It appears as though SmackDown just become the best one of the three again.

Sheamus, Alexa, Elias, and Daniel Bryan YES movement all returned.

I suggest RAW responds. I just don't know how they can though. lol. John Morrison possibly? That doesn't make up for all the SmackDown returns though. ?

• 1 month later...

I hope someone makes a wrestling game next-gen that doesn't suck. A No Mercy or Def Jam Vendetta clone would be amazing... The WWE games have been a disappointment for years and I just couldn't get into Fire Pro Wrestling. I would love an AEW game that played like No Mercy but not sure they are big enough yet.

Liv Morgan's makeover was a couple shades of gay. lol But no seriously, that's what her big makeover was? Yikes. But I'm not surprised. This thread has really begun to die down. Gee I wonder why? It wouldn't have anything to do with the possibility of Roman Reigns winning the Royal Rumble and beating The Fiend at WrestleMania, would it?

2 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Liv Morgan's makeover was a couple shades of gay. lol But no seriously, that's what her big makeover was? Yikes. But I'm not surprised. This thread has really begun to die down. Gee I wonder why? It wouldn't have anything to do with the possibility of Roman Reigns winning the Royal Rumble and beating The Fiend at WrestleMania, would it?

Best part is, there's an openly gay woman on the roster (I believe it's Sonya Deville) who's been wanting to do a lesbian angle for quite a while and has been told "no" by the dip-shit in charge.

And I can't speak for anyone else but after HiaC, I was done.  Cancelled my network subscription and haven't watched a single second of WWE programming, I'll still watch the occasional Youtube review (mostly ups and downs because Simon's pretty damn entertaining) and come here to see what's up but beyond that, nope.  I'm tired of being treated like a "dumb mark" who Vince thinks is gonna come back no matter what he shovels out the door.  Oh yeah, there's that whole AEW thing going on too, and while they certainly have their flaws, they're still providing all I need on the wrestling front without insulting my intelligence every chance they get.

13 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Best part is, there's an openly gay woman on the roster (I believe it's Sonya Deville) who's been wanting to do a lesbian angle for quite a while and has been told "no" by the dip-shit in charge.

And I can't speak for anyone else but after HiaC, I was done.  Cancelled my network subscription and haven't watched a single second of WWE programming, I'll still watch the occasional Youtube review (mostly ups and downs because Simon's pretty damn entertaining) and come here to see what's up but beyond that, nope.  I'm tired of being treated like a "dumb mark" who Vince thinks is gonna come back no matter what he shovels out the door.  Oh yeah, there's that whole AEW thing going on too, and while they certainly have their flaws, they're still providing all I need on the wrestling front without insulting my intelligence every chance they get.

Damn. I didn't know you finally reached the end, patience-wise with WWE. I have to say though, I'm kind of proud of you. That's what we all need to do, to send a clear message to Vince and WWE. As for AEW, it didn't really live up to the hype. It's still early though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Damn. I didn't know you finally reached the end, patience-wise with WWE. I have to say though, I'm kind of proud of you. That's what we all need to do, to send a clear message to Vince and WWE. As for AEW, it didn't really live up to the hype. It's still early though.

I don't wanna clog up the WWE thread with AEW talk so I'll quote you here to let you know my actual response will be in the AEW thread.

On 1/19/2020 at 2:48 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm still watching. I refuse to give up on WWE. Ever.

I forgot to add in my previous post that I haven't 100% given up, I just have no intention of lining Vince's pockets while he specifically is micromanaging every detail of RAW and Smackdown.  Once Vince is out of the picture, I'll certainly take another look and see where they're at... which I'm assuming will be 100% better.

Since the Royal Rumble is tomorrow... here's that thing I always do...

Who I want to win:

Men: Roman Reigns
Women: I don't know honestly. No one really 'stands out' for me. Charlotte Flair. Sure. Let's go with that.

Who I think will win:

Men: Roman Reigns (due to rumors)
Women: Shayna Bayzler (also due to rumors) If so... ?

Completely forgot that this thread even existed, as have most other people judging by the number of replies. I will watch the Royal Rumble match just to see how badly they fuck this up since the Royal Rumble always was the cherry on top of the pile of crap in recent years. First wwe programm I will watch in months, and I will certainly not watch through the front window if you know what I mean. Abysmal chance of them getting me interested again, pretty much just there to watch the car wreck and then maybe I will be back on the same spot for the 1-2 matches that interest me on Wrestlemania, if they even get 2 interesting matches together.

Women’s: shayna is the lock unless rousey is coming back or they change it because it’s so obvious 

mens: I don’t have a read on. I’ve seen Romans mane out there but it feels like picking the top guy with no better options.   Feels like they can stretch Bryan/Brey to mania and Brock is getting set up in the rumble. 

Would cool with drew or getting Lashley/Brock.  Could see Seth as a way to cement his crew with them being in & protecting him until the end. I can also see if the men’s happens first it being more of a surprise winner or an nxt guy. 

I’ll call men’s goes on early & (Heyman pushes for) Aleister Black to win

Watched some WWE not too long ago, and it is a fucking catastrophe.

Vince McMahon and his 70 some year old body needs to retire. It's obvious the product is way past it's prime at this point.

While I understand WWE took a huge hit after the Eddie Guerrero death and Chris Benoit suicide, the steps that have been taken since Linda McMahon ran for political office and the change to PG made the product worse. In 2009 - 2016 I stuck with a couple wrestlers that I still clung onto, including the Undertaker. I have the utmost respect for that man for being able to stay around for so long, since the early - mid 1990s when we were just kids who thought the WWF was all fun and games.

I hate to sound like a cranky old man in his 60s talking about the good old times, but WWE caters to an entirely new demographic. My generation the millennials are now the wrestlers and entertainers..... and they suck. No more Shawn Michaels wiping the American Flag around his ass, no more Stone Cold Steve Austin opening up cans of beer and pulling his arms up for the audience, then giving The Rock a real hard time in what many consider to be the most epic bouts of all time. Such an amazing performance those two guys did. Can't forget The Big Show and his giant seven foot frame.

I'll try out AEW and see if it's any better.

But Vince, you had your time in the sun. Now it's time to take off the gloves and retire.

Edited by Spaz

51 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Watched some WWE not too long ago, and it is a fucking catastrophe.

Vince McMahon and his 70 some year old body needs to retire. It's obvious the product is way past it's prime at this point.

While I understand WWE took a huge hit after the Eddie Guerrero death and Chris Benoit suicide, the steps that have been taken since Linda McMahon ran for political office and the change to PG made the product worse. In 2009 - 2016 I stuck with a couple wrestlers that I still clung onto, including the Undertaker. I have the utmost respect for that man for being able to stay around for so long, since the early - mid 1990s when we were just kids who thought the WWF was all fun and games.

I hate to sound like a cranky old man in his 60s talking about the good old times, but WWE caters to an entirely new demographic. My generation the millennials are now the wrestlers and entertainers..... and they suck. No more Shawn Michaels wiping the American Flag around his ass, no more Stone Cold Steve Austin opening up cans of beer and pulling his arms up for the audience, then giving The Rock a real hard time in what many consider to be the most epic bouts of all time. Such an amazing performance those two guys did. Can't forget The Big Show and his giant seven foot frame.

But Vince, you had your time in the sun. Now it's time to take off the gloves and retire.

Try watching NXT if you want to see something different than raw/smackdown. Its got its predictable moments like wrestling usually does but nxt has an attitude and sense of hunger that the main roster just doesn’t. Stories aren’t completely dumb either. AEW is similar to NXT that the focus is more on wrestling instead of the story but there are still good promos/backstage sessions

watch NXT takeover wargames if you can, that’s some good shit

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spaz said:

I hate doing this in the WWE thread (talking about AEW and only AEW) but I'll give you a heads up on what to expect.

1 - A vastly superior tag division.  It could be argued that the tag division is the #1 priority of the company.

2 - A lot of break-neck paced matches (their move, move, move, move,move pace can be exhausting to watch) that don't always focus on story-telling, however the story-telling that's going on is pretty top tier, won't go into the details but there have been a couple of slow burn story lines that are extremely entertaining.

3 - Some serious hit and miss.  Seems like they're either producing solid gold, like with Cody/MJF, Hangman and the Elite, or anything involving Jericho, or watery shit, like the Nightmare Contingency, not a lot of middle ground.

4 - A vastly inferior women's division.  Not to say the WWE's is flawless but they're *ahem* for lack of a better term... top heavy.  The women's main eventers are leaps and bounds better than anything AEW's gonna show you.

5 - Growing pains.  They seem to always have audio issues for North American viewers, J.R., while better now, has had some trouble remembering guys' names and sometimes seems more interested in pushing BBQ sauce than commentary, and from time the time the venues seem a bit wonky, although I kind of like the occasional changes of scenery instead of the same exact look for every show.

All in all, for me at least, the pro's HEAVILY outweigh the cons and I haven't missed the WWE one bit.

i didnt mind Charlotte winning, was hoping Shayna did tho. Maybe itll be Shayna vs Becky vs Charlotte. OR Maybe Charlotte challenges for NXT Womens Title and puts over Rhea Ripley again but this time at Mania. 

I think a lot can happen in women's title pictures between now and Mania.

McIntyre winning was very obvious and the right choice. He will beat Brock and be a beast going forward im sure. 

Roman i hope doesn't face Fiend but i know he will and prob win.. whatever. 

Edge return was speculated and i didnt fully wanna believe it but i thought if he came back he would be 30. instead at 21 and shocked me..Great.

was a little annoyed that Seth/Company, Owens, Joe, Black were the last 4 entrants but all gone within 5mins. 

As for Brock rockin the first 13 guys, awesome. Loved Lee v Brock. Hope that happens in the future. As for Matt riddle and his attitude, i hope he gets a serious injury or he gets future endeavored.... bro.

I actually watched 2 matches this night. The first one was Daniel Bryan vs The Fiend. Not that I have any more interest in Bray Wyatt after what they did with him at Hell In A Cell, the show that made me nope out from wrestling as a whole for months, but you never know how many matches Daniel Bryan has left in him so its worth watching his big matches occasionally, also a strap match is not something you see often. Was pleasantly surprised, good action, some near falls, brutal beatings with the strap, they finally ditched the brothel lights in the arena during the fiends matches, and the finish was predictable but executed well enough.

Mens Royal rumble was the other one. Skipped the womens royal rumble because the females just can't deliver in these matches if you ask me, also Charlotte Flair winning was guaranteed from the get go since anyone else who could have realistically won was not even in the match.

Mens Royal Rumble was amazing to me, the best in years by far. Brock doing what he did changed the entire mood of the Rumble, the big priority changed from winning to surviving against Brock for the first half, Brock delivered some amazing moves and had good interactions with many of the wrestlers that came out. Him going on for almost half an hour was nostalgic for me given that I still remember him delivering barn burning matches up to 60 minutes long during his first few years with the company, and it should also shut up people who complain that he does not bother putting up enough of an effort. Saw Brocks elimination come from a mile away, basically the second he did not throw Ricochet over the rope and turned to face Drew it was painfully obvious, kinda sad they didn't make Brock go on a rampage and beat the shit out of Ricochet, but I guess they need to keep him free for Drew, elimination was fine though.

Edge returning is something I was definitely against given his old age combined with the ring rust he gathered and of course his triple neck fusion, but I can't deny it was a feel good moment and his performance was better than it had any right to be. Rollins plan backfiring was another good touch, it broke with an old and dumbass rule that often ruined other rumbles, people getting unfairly eliminated and not seeking revenge. The wrestlers who got eliminated instantly caused a brawl against the grunts responsible, leaving Rollins high and dry. Good finale, and more importantly the right winner for the Rumble, wouldn't have been satisfied with another Roman Reigns win.

Came to watch a disaster of a Rumble, a burning car wreck to laugh about and confirm my decision to leave that stuff behind aside from watching maybe 1-2 matches of 2-3 ppvs per year on the internet. Instead I got a great show, not sure how the rest of the ppv was but I had a blast with these two matches. Maybe I gotta keep an eye on the weekly shows and see if they are any good at the moment. Drew vs Brock will definitely be a must watch for me.

Edited by Nighcisama

I'm really happy with Drew winning, it was about damn time plus he is in the process of a face turn. Brock was fun and you can see he was having fun too. Edge was the biggest mark out moment. The worst part for me was Charlotte winning but the old man had to make up for last year's elimination. I don't want to see Lynch vs. Flair again for a title.

Really thought Shana Bayzler was going to win, and that her claiming she wasn't leaving NXT would be a swerve, i mean they had Shana vs Becky set up after what happened at the end of survivor series, but i guess Shana will try and get back at Rhea for taking her title. I groaned when Charlotte won, she is riding off her name alone because in ring talent isn't something she actually has.

Chop woo chop woo figure 4. Wow great moves Charlotte 5 star match. 

I'm tired of both Charlotte and Becky Lynch tbqh

Was disappointing to see Aleister Black go out so quickly but it looks like theyre going to throw him into the Kevin Owens/Samoa Joe alliance which is cool with me. 

• Like 2