The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I don't know about Bo Dallas though. I rarely watch NXT, but I remember he wasn't very good.

When they were trying to have him play a top face with that gimmick it was awful.  When the crowd turned on him and they decided to have him play a heel with the exact same gimmick it worked much, much better.  His ring work is passable, nothing spectacular.  Don't see him having the same success as his brother anytime ever.

On another note, I'm hearing rumblings that both TNA and WWE are gunning pretty hard to sign Prince Devitt, with the WWE supposedly having already "made him an offer he can't refuse", AKA main roster type of money and a promise he won't be stuck in Florida killing himself for DeMott for very long.  He would be an AWESOME snag for the WWE with the direction they're currently going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l32Gt1ThjWw

Edited by skidmarkgn

When they were trying to have him play a top face with that gimmick it was awful.  When the crowd turned on him and they decided to have him play a heel with the exact same gimmick it worked much, much better.  His ring work is passable, nothing spectacular.  Don't see him having the same success as his brother anytime ever.

On another note, I'm hearing rumblings that both TNA and WWE are gunning pretty hard to sign Prince Devitt, with the WWE supposedly having already "made him an offer he can't refuse", AKA main roster type of money and a promise he won't be stuck in Florida killing himself for DeMott for very long.  He would be an AWESOME snag for the WWE with the direction they're currently going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l32Gt1ThjWw

Yes, but after seeing all the guys they've snagged over the years. It's going to be sad when they really water down his move set or even completely change his gimmick. I can already see a lot of moves the WWE will remove from that video away from him.

Missile Drop Kick -They'll let him keep that 1.

Tornado Inzugiri - They'll take that 1 away, Since it looks too classy; they don't like the talent out-shining the ones that aren't.

Tope Con Giro - He can keep it.

Falling Over Head Kick - They'll take that 1 away, cus it hits the head & WWE wants to avoid fans chanting AJ Styles in their Arena.

Inverted Lungblower - Can't use that 1, cus it might get fans chanting "Chris Jericho" thinking it's a code breaker.

Sheerdrop Brainbuster - Nope he can't use it. I mean if El Generico(sami zayn) can't even use 1(he is known for his brain busters) I doubt they'll let Prince do 1.

Flying Double Foot Stomp - He can't use it, cus there was a guy using it a while back(can't remember who his name was); but aside from that it seams dangerous, and from reports of the last user. Guys in the back hated that move since it really damaged ribs.

Prince's Throne - Maybe they'll let him keep it?

Single Underhook Verticle Drop DDT - Did you see the way the guys head hit?, that's one they'll probably check off first.

Shingata Prince's Throne - Seams too flashy even if it's a fancier set up for the Prince's Throne, again they don't want them to out-shine.

So He would probably only be allowed to use 3 moves from that list, and after seeing what they did to guys like Bryan Danielson, Low Ki, Cesaro, and Chris Hero.

Sure people can say that if he is that great, he will overcome it all and become great; but the only persons so far that have done that from my knowledge are CM Punk, Bryan, And Sami Zayn....and only Bryan out of so many indy guys have survived the WWE re package deal and made it(at least for now). Sure it seams like WWE is the best choice due to money(it's always going to be the better choice over the money), but he would really need to decide which work place is better for him in the end. A lot of wrestlers have said it's better to keep your honer over the Money. Whatever he decides is his decision, I just hope WWE doesn't tweak him too much if he decides to go there.

Sucks to see talented guys get mistreated/misused.. 

Yes, but after seeing all the guys they've snagged over the years. It's going to be sad when they really water down his move set or even completely change his gimmick. I can already see a lot of moves the WWE will remove from that video away from him.

Missile Drop Kick -They'll let him keep that 1.

Tornado Inzugiri - They'll take that 1 away, Since it looks too classy; they don't like the talent out-shining the ones that aren't.

Tope Con Giro - He can keep it.

Falling Over Head Kick - They'll take that 1 away, cus it hits the head & WWE wants to avoid fans chanting AJ Styles in their Arena.

Inverted Lungblower - Can't use that 1, cus it might get fans chanting "Chris Jericho" thinking it's a code breaker.

Sheerdrop Brainbuster - Nope he can't use it. I mean if El Generico(sami zayn) can't even use 1(he is known for his brain busters) I doubt they'll let Prince do 1.

Flying Double Foot Stomp - He can't use it, cus there was a guy using it a while back(can't remember who his name was); but aside from that it seams dangerous, and from reports of the last user. Guys in the back hated that move since it really damaged ribs.

Prince's Throne - Maybe they'll let him keep it?

Single Underhook Verticle Drop DDT - Did you see the way the guys head hit?, that's one they'll probably check off first.

Shingata Prince's Throne - Seams too flashy even if it's a fancier set up for the Prince's Throne, again they don't want them to out-shine.

So He would probably only be allowed to use 3 moves from that list, and after seeing what they did to guys like Bryan Danielson, Low Ki, Cesaro, and Chris Hero.

Sure people can say that if he is that great, he will overcome it all and become great; but the only persons so far that have done that from my knowledge are CM Punk, Bryan, And Sami Zayn....and only Bryan out of so many indy guys have survived the WWE re package deal and made it(at least for now). Sure it seams like WWE is the best choice due to money(it's always going to be the better choice over the money), but he would really need to decide which work place is better for him in the end. A lot of wrestlers have said it's better to keep your honer over the Money. Whatever he decides is his decision, I just hope WWE doesn't tweak him too much if he decides to go there.

Sucks to see talented guys get mistreated/misused.. 

Even right now you have no faith huh?  Bryan's the WWEWHC.  Cesaro is in the midst of a major push and looks to be the guy who's going to win a tourney that includes some pretty high profile names in an attempt to elevate the IC title to its former glory .  Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose are working the top of the card with three of the biggest names in the company.  Cena's out of the title picture and working the midcard to elevate Bray Wyatt.  Paige is the divas champ.  All that and you still can't see it.  I don't know what to tell you then.  I guess some people just can't be pleased.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 2

Unless I missed something here, but if the E are worried about the fans chanting something like Chris Jericho, AJ styles or another superstar from another venue, you'd have alot of banned moved.

Also, if they chant Chris Jericho, I don't get what's wrong with that, unless they had a falling out that I missed. The only one I can see actually being removed is the one to the head, WWE really hates that.

Even right now you have no faith huh?  Bryan's the WWEWHC.  Cesaro is in the midst of a major push and looks to be the guy who's going to win a tourney that includes some pretty high profile names in an attempt to elevate the IC title to its former glory .  Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose are working the top of the card with three of the biggest names in the company.  Cena's out of the title picture and working the midcard to elevate Bray Wyatt.  Paige is the divas champ.  All that and you still can't see it.  I don't know what to tell you then.  I guess some people just can't be pleased.

Yes, but just because a few are doing good/getting pushed doesn't mean all wrestlers are going to be getting it. Yes the product seams great now. But in the future as we have all seen time after time people get sacrificed. I never said I wasn't pleased with WWE or have no faith, I simply pointed out a WWE practice that has been obvious to the fans who know these guys for years.

But all I'll say is this "for now neither one of us is right since nothing has happened with Prince, but in the future if he does get signed to WWE; Expect all that I said about him on my previous post to come true" It's no secret that it will happen. A lot of times people expect the same person they saw somewhere else to be the same in WWE, but end up going through WWE's remodeling procedure that gets them frustrated to the point they demand their release. Infact Even Hogan was a pretty athletic guy in New Japan, if you compared him to the WWE's Hogan you'd be surprised it was even him.

Also about the Cena Elevating Bray we'll see again in time how that ends, because if i remember right there are still fans who say Cena elevated Sandow with that failed money in the bank cashing; If cena really wanted to elevate Bray he should have let him win @ Mania instead of pulling a ridiculous Anger control match(he beat the entire wyatts by himself, and kicked out of a move many were calling unkickable, then cuts comedy and photoshoped promos on them? Yup I can see how he's elevating them._.).

Yes, but just because a few are doing good/getting pushed doesn't mean all wrestlers are going to be getting it. Yes the product seams great now. But in the future as we have all seen time after time people get sacrificed. I never said I wasn't pleased with WWE or have no faith, I simply pointed out a WWE practice that has been obvious to the fans who know these guys for years.

But all I'll say is this "for now neither one of us is right since nothing has happened with Prince, but in the future if he does get signed to WWE; Expect all that I said about him on my previous post to come true" It's no secret that it will happen. A lot of times people expect the same person they saw somewhere else to be the same in WWE, but end up going through WWE's remodeling procedure that gets them frustrated to the point they demand their release. Infact Even Hogan was a pretty athletic guy in New Japan, if you compared him to the WWE's Hogan you'd be surprised it was even him.

Also about the Cena Elevating Bray we'll see again in time how that ends, because if i remember right there are still fans who say Cena elevated Sandow with that failed money in the bank cashing; If cena really wanted to elevate Bray he should have let him win @ Mania instead of pulling a ridiculous Anger control match(he beat the entire wyatts by himself, and kicked out of a move many were calling unkickable, then cuts comedy and photoshoped promos on them? Yup I can see how he's elevating them._.).

Cena and Sandow had one "match" where Sandow failed to cash-in.  Sandow obviously pissed in someone's Cornflakes afterwards, got his push cancelled and is enduring the humbling program, very different scenario than what Cena and Bray are doing.  Their WM match wasn't about a win or loss for Bray, especially when the program wasn't blown off with that match, it was about telling the story of Bray trying to break Cena, which was successful.  It also had a spectacular build and has been interesting throughout.  WM is generally an event where faces go over and people get to feel good about it, I expect the cage match at Extreme rules to be very different.  Bray's stock is higher now than it was before the Cena feud and it has nowhere to go but up while they continue.

And the Prince, I don't expect everything you said to come true at all, some of it sure.  He'll have to abandon some of his move set.  Not because of fear of an AJ chant (the only people who'd chant AJ are hardcores... who happen to be the same people who would be stoked about Prince Devitt being there) but because WWE's style of work is different than the indy's.  Four or five years ago, he might have been a failed experiment.  In todays WWE, he has just as good of a chance as anyone to be a breakout guy.  It probably won't happen straight out of the gate, just like guys like Bryan and Punk, he'll have to pay his dues and keep his head down.  In the end though, the cream rises to the top.  It's on him to get the crowd behind him.  Excuses like a bad gimmick don't hold as much weight as they used to.  Even guys like Stone Cold and Rock could be considered failures if you only look at their early years.  The WWE is in a very good place right now, quit using the past to poo-poo all over the future.

Cena and Sandow had one "match" where Sandow failed to cash-in.  Sandow obviously pissed in someone's Cornflakes afterwards, got his push cancelled and is enduring the humbling program, very different scenario than what Cena and Bray are doing.  Their WM match wasn't about a win or loss for Bray, especially when the program wasn't blown off with that match, it was about telling the story of Bray trying to break Cena, which was successful.  It also had a spectacular build and has been interesting throughout.  WM is generally an event where faces go over and people get to feel good about it, I expect the cage match at Extreme rules to be very different.  Bray's stock is higher now than it was before the Cena feud and it has nowhere to go but up while they continue.

And the Prince, I don't expect everything you said to come true at all, some of it sure.  He'll have to abandon some of his move set.  Not because of fear of an AJ chant (the only people who'd chant AJ are hardcores... who happen to be the same people who would be stoked about Prince Devitt being there) but because WWE's style of work is different than the indy's.  Four or five years ago, he might have been a failed experiment.  In todays WWE, he has just as good of a chance as anyone to be a breakout guy.  It probably won't happen straight out of the gate, just like guys like Bryan and Punk, he'll have to pay his dues and keep his head down.  In the end though, the cream rises to the top.  It's on him to get the crowd behind him.  Excuses like a bad gimmick don't hold as much weight as they used to.  Even guys like Stone Cold and Rock could be considered failures if you only look at their early years.  The WWE is in a very good place right now, quit using the past to poo-poo all over the future.

People keep saying Sandow earned the position he is in right now because he was being rude in the back, but that's not true. The Beginning of A Cena Vs Wyatts feud is something fans would have wanted better avoided after knowing how cena sells putting the other guy over. How can he go form 1 week he makes fun of them, then the next week "i'm scared" after making fun of them, then I just single handedly Defeated them all, then I'm scared of them again, to this monday Make fun of them damaging their Creepy reputation. If it wasn't for bray adapting to cena's promo and saving his reputation, this feud would be ruined. I thought it was going to be a great way to put the wyatts over when cena injured his leg, but next week decides to come back like it was nothing. The Wyatts should have won at mania to create a believable factor to the faction out numbering cena, then at extreme rules this bray fights alone portion would make sense. I know that championship matches always go to the Babyfaces at mania, but this wasn't a championship match, and a wyatts win made better sense. Infact people were expecting a Bray clean win like he did bryan, but instead we got what was shown. There is a reason why fans were booing him during the match and getting frustrated seeing cena try to sell getting mad. It was like watching Brock Vs Goldberg @WM20 with the fans getting irritated. It was the match that had to go to Bray (he couldn't even get it using the cheap way). People are pissed over this Cena Vs Wyatts feud, because it's obvious Cena's going to go over damaging the Wyatts Reputation by worst case scenario becoming the next 3MB(which we hope never happens). 

Sure the take a move away to avoid chants is a bit of a exaggeration, but still a lot of those moves are going to be removed. Also let me ask you this : if Prince was to go to WWE what would you do with him? the only place i can find to put him is a feud with sheamus, but like i said on my last post we will simply have to wait and see what happens with Prince on weather he ends up making it or not. a lot of guys are going to the main roster. The only 2 out of the 4 from NXT that I feel are right to be there are : Paige & Bo Dallas.

Adam Rose & Alexander are not supposed to be there. Adam rose if he had his hunter gimmick would have made a interesting show, now they are bumping him to the main roster just because of that entrance that is going to get boring fast. Expect him to join 3MB and job to others. Alexander is a guy that WWE is again trying to overuse as a destroying everyone gimmick!. Remember umaga, Kahle, Henry, Big Daddy V, Vader, and Andre the Giant. How many times have  we seen this? Also unlike them Alex is just doing squash matches without a story to back him up. Once again like with Rio the manger is getting more interest then the actual wrestler

Remember that in WWE the Gimmick is something that is given to every single wrestler as a must to get fans interested, and if you are lucky and are given a cool one then you are more likely to reach the top or become World Champion. The Shield, Brock, Undertaker, Batista, Rock, Stone Cold all have gimmicks that are viewed as cool to the fans giving them reason to cheer for them and say I'm a__ fan. Making Vince say, this man should be the face of my company. Sure every now & then Vince will give us abone & let a rey mysterio be champ, but for how long are those runs? not long, I still can't believe cena took Rey's WWE title in the same day he won it.

I'm not using the past to poop on the WWE, I'm simply using them as a reference or example. Sure i know there are people who are tired of me posting about the bad things that WWE are doing, but as a fan who has had years with the WWE. I have the right to give my opinion on the matter otherwise why would the topic be called a discussion. I'm not trying to force my opinion on you, I'm simply trying to tell you my opinion on what me and possible many others feel over these things. If you like what the WWE is doing that's fine, but you shouldn't say people are just shitting on the product because they feel like it. Don't you think if i hated the WWE, I would just not watch it & not post anything here. I'm just like every other WWE fan out there wanting the show we have grew up for years to become better, and as much as people can say "you really think WWE is going to listen to the fans?" well if you look at all the things that have happened with bryan then I guess they did have to listen don't you think. Otherwise Batista would be our champ right now.

And no I'm not trying to act like a Smark who says "I should be in Creative Control Board meetings", but there are just some decisions that are just plain bad, that the WWE still decides to go with them over the obvious right ones. And yes I know the WWE is doing good right now, but the question becomes for how long. The WWE is the only wrestling Company in the World with the enough Funds to become better then what it is, but decides not too. I find it strange how a company that has x100 the funds of the indies doesn't let their guys just wrestle with their default Move set, you see guys in the indy perform incredible moves as their Raw shows, and probably don't even have health insurance.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Alexander is a guy that WWE is again trying to overuse as a destroying everyone gimmick!. Remember umaga, Kahle, Henry, Big Daddy V, Vader, and Andre the Giant. How many times have we seen this? Also unlike them Alex is just doing squash matches without a story to back him up. Once again like with Rio the manger is getting more interest then the actual wrestler.

I actually think Rusev can work. Having a manager is a huge advantage to a monster heel, he won't be the generic "I smash people, and I don't know why". I also like his style, kind of reminds of Samoa Joe with the size, strength, and speed similarities. As long as Lana does all the talking and they give him storylines, I think he'll work out.

Edited by PREDRAG-K

People keep saying Sandow earned the position he is in right now because he was being rude in the back, but that's not true. The Beginning of A Cena Vs Wyatts feud is something fans would have wanted better avoided after knowing how cena sells putting the other guy over. How can he go form 1 week he makes fun of them, then the next week "i'm scared" after making fun of them, then I just single handedly Defeated them all, then I'm scared of them again, to this monday Make fun of them damaging their Creepy reputation. If it wasn't for bray adapting to cena's promo and saving his reputation, this feud would be ruined. I thought it was going to be a great way to put the wyatts over when cena injured his leg, but next week decides to come back like it was nothing. The Wyatts should have won at mania to create a believable factor to the faction out numbering cena, then at extreme rules this bray fights alone portion would make sense. I know that championship matches always go to the Babyfaces at mania, but this wasn't a championship match, and a wyatts win made better sense. Infact people were expecting a Bray clean win like he did bryan, but instead we got what was shown. There is a reason why fans were booing him during the match and getting frustrated seeing cena try to sell getting mad. It was like watching Brock Vs Goldberg @WM20 with the fans getting irritated. It was the match that had to go to Bray (he couldn't even get it using the cheap way). People are pissed over this Cena Vs Wyatts feud, because it's obvious Cena's going to go over damaging the Wyatts Reputation by worst case scenario becoming the next 3MB(which we hope never happens). 

Sure the take a move away to avoid chants is a bit of a exaggeration, but still a lot of those moves are going to be removed. Also let me ask you this : if Prince was to go to WWE what would you do with him? the only place i can find to put him is a feud with sheamus, but like i said on my last post we will simply have to wait and see what happens with Prince on weather he ends up making it or not. a lot of guys are going to the main roster. The only 2 out of the 4 from NXT that I feel are right to be there are : Paige & Bo Dallas.

Adam Rose & Alexander are not supposed to be there. Adam rose if he had his hunter gimmick would have made a interesting show, now they are bumping him to the main roster just because of that entrance that is going to get boring fast. Expect him to join 3MB and job to others. Alexander is a guy that WWE is again trying to overuse as a destroying everyone gimmick!. Remember umaga, Kahle, Henry, Big Daddy V, Vader, and Andre the Giant. How many times have  we seen this? Also unlike them Alex is just doing squash matches without a story to back him up. Once again like with Rio the manger is getting more interest then the actual wrestler

Remember that in WWE the Gimmick is something that is given to every single wrestler as a must to get fans interested, and if you are lucky and are given a cool one then you are more likely to reach the top or become World Champion. The Shield, Brock, Undertaker, Batista, Rock, Stone Cold all have gimmicks that are viewed as cool to the fans giving them reason to cheer for them and say I'm a__ fan. Making Vince say, this man should be the face of my company. Sure every now & then Vince will give us abone & let a rey mysterio be champ, but for how long are those runs? not long, I still can't believe cena took Rey's WWE title in the same day he won it.

I'm not using the past to poop on the WWE, I'm simply using them as a reference or example. Sure i know there are people who are tired of me posting about the bad things that WWE are doing, but as a fan who has had years with the WWE. I have the right to give my opinion on the matter otherwise why would the topic be called a discussion. I'm not trying to force my opinion on you, I'm simply trying to tell you my opinion on what me and possible many others feel over these things. If you like what the WWE is doing that's fine, but you shouldn't say people are just shitting on the product because they feel like it. Don't you think if i hated the WWE, I would just not watch it & not post anything here. I'm just like every other WWE fan out there wanting the show we have grew up for years to become better, and as much as people can say "you really think WWE is going to listen to the fans?" well if you look at all the things that have happened with bryan then I guess they did have to listen don't you think. Otherwise Batista would be our champ right now.

And no I'm not trying to act like a Smark who says "I should be in Creative Control Board meetings", but there are just some decisions that are just plain bad, that the WWE still decides to go with them over the obvious right ones. And yes I know the WWE is doing good right now, but the question becomes for how long. The WWE is the only wrestling Company in the World with the enough Funds to become better then what it is, but decides not too. I find it strange how a company that has x100 the funds of the indies doesn't let their guys just wrestle with their default Move set, you see guys in the indy perform incredible moves as their Raw shows, and probably don't even have health insurance.

So far, you're the only person I've seen that has had said anything bad about the Cena/Bray feud.  Everyone else, on every other wrestling related website and everyone I know personally is in love with it.

I'll put it out there for everyone in this thread right now to see if I'm delusional:  people of this thread, Cena/Bray: Goor or Bad?

If the program was being blown off at WrestleMania then a Cena win would have been another disappointing ending to something with potential, but it wasn't.  The feud is continuing and if Bray pulls off a win (dirty or not) at Extreme Rules no one will remember the outcome of WrestleMania.  Bray being able to handle Cena's idiocy on Monday night was a blessing in disguise to me as well.  It showed his commitment to his character and his ability to work with anything.  He went from being able to handle the intensity of the SHIELD to working off of Cena's corniness seamlessly and the people that matter, the people that call the shots, have no choice but to notice that.  This feud with Cena is putting a huge spotlight on Bray and he is absolutely shining in it.

As for the Prince.  I'd start him out as a heel, because it's easier for a heel to get over, and have his initial run (after the typical squash-match showcases) be with someone like Kofi.  Kofi can work with the Prince's Style and he's a good first step to see if the crowd generates any interest.  After Kofi,  I'd pair him with a veteran like RVD to really see what's what. 

I agree with you on Adam Rose.  I've posted about that before and the timing for a rockstar/party guy gimmick is terrible.  The Kreuger gimmick was over and I would love if they kept it.  On the plus side, I've read that Vince is already starting to 2nd guess the gimmick so maybe they'll scrap it and try what has proven to work already.  Like PREDRAG above, I have no problem with Rusev.  The only worry I have is how fast they called him up.  The dude didn't work in NXT for very long and he might be a bit too green as of right now.  Hopefully he's a quick study and they don't try and rocket-pack him straight to the top like they did with Tensai and Koslov.

Finally, altering a guys move-set is a must for a high profile company like WWE.  When you get to the WWE, and more importantly, get over in the WWE, you've officially "made it".  These guys are investments for the company and you don't want to lose out on that investment by having them get injured in an unnecessary/wreckless spot.  They also have a lot of kids in their audience, and when those kids do stupid shit and get hurt parents always seem to want to get the attention off of themselves and point the finger at whatever they can, which, in the case of a broken neck from trying to piledrive your buddy, would be the WWE.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

I like the Bray/Cena feud. The whole point of the Wrestlemania match wasn't whether Bray could win or not, it was Bray trying to expose Cena. It worked well, they told the story they needed to tell and now they'll continue the feud. The only thing I didn't like was the ref saying "No, this isn't you John. Don't do it." Since the ref is supposed to be unbiased, he shouldn't care if Cena was about to use a chair.

I just think some modern wrestling fans are impatient. If a feud lasts more than a month, it's 'dragging on'. If the guy who is going to be put over loses one match in the feud, he's 'getting buried'. Feuds used to last a long time, and it seems like they're trying that again. The Bryan vs Authority thing had close to a year of build up, making Bryan's revenge at Wrestlemania that much sweeter.

I bet Evolution will beat the Shield at Extreme Rules. Shield will eventually go over, but after some more build up. I also bet people will complain that Evolution 'buried' the Shield, and that the storyline is taking too long.

• Like 1

So far, you're the only person I've seen that has had said anything bad about the Cena/Bray feud.  Everyone else, on every other wrestling related website and everyone I know personally is in love with it.

I'll put it out there for everyone in this thread right now to see if I'm delusional:  people of this thread, Cena/Bray: Goor or Bad?

If the program was being blown off at WrestleMania then a Cena win would have been another disappointing ending to something with potential, but it wasn't.  The feud is continuing and if Bray pulls off a win (dirty or not) at Extreme Rules no one will remember the outcome of WrestleMania.  Bray being able to handle Cena's idiocy on Monday night was a blessing in disguise to me as well.  It showed his commitment to his character and his ability to work with anything.  He went from being able to handle the intensity of the SHIELD to working off of Cena's corniness seamlessly and the people that matter, the people that call the shots, have no choice but to notice that.  This feud with Cena is putting a huge spotlight on Bray and he is absolutely shining in it.

As for the Prince.  I'd start him out as a heel, because it's easier for a heel to get over, and have his initial run (after the typical squash-match showcases) be with someone like Kofi.  Kofi can work with the Prince's Style and he's a good first step to see if the crowd generates any interest.  After Kofi,  I'd pair him with a veteran like RVD to really see what's what. 

I agree with you on Adam Rose.  I've posted about that before and the timing for a rockstar/party guy gimmick is terrible.  The Kreuger gimmick was over and I would love if they kept it.  On the plus side, I've read that Vince is already starting to 2nd guess the gimmick so maybe they'll scrap it and try what has proven to work already.  Like PREDRAG above, I have no problem with Rusev.  The only worry I have is how fast they called him up.  The dude didn't work in NXT for very long and he might be a bit too green as of right now.  Hopefully he's a quick study and they don't try and rocket-pack him straight to the top like they did with Tensai and Koslov.

Finally, altering a guys move-set is a must for a high profile company like WWE.  When you get to the WWE, and more importantly, get over in the WWE, you've officially "made it".  These guys are investments for the company and you don't want to lose out on that investment by having them get injured in an unnecessary/wreckless spot.  They also have a lot of kids in their audience, and when those kids do stupid shit and get hurt parents always seem to want to get the attention off of themselves and point the finger at whatever they can, which, in the case of a broken neck from trying to piledrive your buddy, would be the WWE.

I actually heard that the man himself(Leo Kruger, Adam Rose) pitched the idea of the character change to the Adam Rose character.  I think it's true, the guy is having a lot of fun with the gimmick, it shows.  Don't count out the gimmick, I actually think he would not have gotten to the main roster as Leo Kruger.  See how soon he made it to the main roster with his character change?  As for Bo Dallas, the guy has a lot of potential, his ring work is passable, and he plays the heel very well.  As for Rusev, aside from a hot manager, I see nothing in him.  I give it a month before he starts dancing.

Edited by drummerklg
  • Like 1

I actually heard that the man himself(Leo Kruger, Adam Rose) pitched the idea of the character change to the Adam Rose character.  I think it's true, the guy is having a lot of fun with the gimmick, it shows.  Don't count out the gimmick, I actually think he would not have gotten to the main roster as Leo Kruger.  See how soon he made it to the main roster with his character change?  As for Bo Dallas, the guy has a lot of potential, his ring work is passable, and he plays the heel very well.  As for Rusev, aside from a hot manager, I see nothing in him.  I give it a month before he starts dancing.

I agree with this I worry that this will end up with the Fandango effect where people would pay more attention to the valet with the talent rather than the talent himself .... This being said though she is damn hot :P 

lol...I was also going to say that "honestly you are also one of the few that like this Cena Vs Wyatts Feud". I've read and heard many people on the net & in person I've curiously asked what they think about it. And the majority of them say it's due to just being worried for bray's career. It's a feud that when you look at both characters just seams hard to see working(unless cena decides to actually sell). You have a Dark character like Bray who probably to vince's surprise has gotten very over with the crowd as cole would put it created "A Cult" with the fans. He can call it what he wants, but he's a guy with soo much potential on the Mic & in the ring, that should be taken slowly to the top. So far he's only feuded with Kane, Bryan, Shield. Back then i never considered Bray a contender for the World Heavyweight championship, but after seeing him feud with bryan & even seeing bryan have enough respect for him to let him get the clean win while making him look strong has changed my view of him. Now you are putting him with Cena(the opposite of bryan)?Sure the wyatts have proven to be a powerful faction fast, but it's too soon to pair him with a guy like cena. As much as I don't want to see Cena near the world title run, I don't want it at the expense of the wyatts. The wyatts still have so much potential to give and are considered green(since they only been there for maybe 6 months), and "I" just like many others are afraid of cena repeating another Nexus situation with the wyatts. People are praying that bray comes out on top of this feud, People can argue again that "Oh bray doesn't need to win, cena can still win & make them look strong elevating their credibility", but this is not the first or 10th time people have said this about a guy who was at the peek of their career entering a feud with Cena. 

I don;t want to post in the future "Well that was fun while it lasted-_-" I really want to see bray become the next Undertaker.

lol...I was also going to say that "honestly you are also one of the few that like this Cena Vs Wyatts Feud". I've read and heard many people on the net & in person I've curiously asked what they think about it. And the majority of them say it's due to just being worried for bray's career. It's a feud that when you look at both characters just seams hard to see working(unless cena decides to actually sell). You have a Dark character like Bray who probably to vince's surprise has gotten very over with the crowd as cole would put it created "A Cult" with the fans. He can call it what he wants, but he's a guy with soo much potential on the Mic & in the ring, that should be taken slowly to the top. So far he's only feuded with Kane, Bryan, Shield. Back then i never considered Bray a contender for the World Heavyweight championship, but after seeing him feud with bryan & even seeing bryan have enough respect for him to let him get the clean win while making him look strong has changed my view of him. Now you are putting him with Cena(the opposite of bryan)?Sure the wyatts have proven to be a powerful faction fast, but it's too soon to pair him with a guy like cena. As much as I don't want to see Cena near the world title run, I don't want it at the expense of the wyatts. The wyatts still have so much potential to give and are considered green(since they only been there for maybe 6 months), and "I" just like many others are afraid of cena repeating another Nexus situation with the wyatts. People are praying that bray comes out on top of this feud, People can argue again that "Oh bray doesn't need to win, cena can still win & make them look strong elevating their credibility", but this is not the first or 10th time people have said this about a guy who was at the peek of their career entering a feud with Cena. 

I don;t want to post in the future "Well that was fun while it lasted-_-" I really want to see bray become the next Undertaker.

There will never be another Undertaker. 

And the argument about Bray not needing a win over Cena only applied to their WrestleMania match, Extreme Rules needs to be different.  One way or another, Bray needs to come out of that one on top.  If he doesn't, I'll be disappointed, but I don't expect he'll lose in a rematch on a "B" level PPV.  If Bray went his entire career never holding the title, it wouldn't bother me a bit.  I'm a firm believer in the man makes the title instead of the title making the man.  Some talent belongs in the title picture, some can be just as effective without it.  Reigns is a guy who I can see being a "title" guy in the future, Cesaro is too.  They're the prototypical champion type, Bray, on the other hand (to me), isn't.  He's a guy who can work the top of the card in meaningful, entertaining feuds that don't revolve around the title at all, much like (oddly enough) Taker did towards the end of his career. 

There will never be another Undertaker. 

And the argument about Bray not needing a win over Cena only applied to their WrestleMania match, Extreme Rules needs to be different.  One way or another, Bray needs to come out of that one on top.  If he doesn't, I'll be disappointed, but I don't expect he'll lose in a rematch on a "B" level PPV.  If Bray went his entire career never holding the title, it wouldn't bother me a bit.  I'm a firm believer in the man makes the title instead of the title making the man.  Some talent belongs in the title picture, some can be just as effective without it.  Reigns is a guy who I can see being a "title" guy in the future, Cesaro is too.  They're the prototypical champion type, Bray, on the other hand (to me), isn't.  He's a guy who can work the top of the card in meaningful, entertaining feuds that don't revolve around the title at all, much like (oddly enough) Taker did towards the end of his career. 

I don't mean exactly as taker, since there can never be an exact copy of anything. But as a new modern superstar that can keep that Dark/creepy atmosphere in the WWE just like Taker & Kane did back then in their times. To help give the adult fans something to get hocked on, you can't have the whole WWE go %100 towards the kids. Like I said, I never viewed or would see him as a champion at first, but if he did somehow end up with it I think fans would also go with it just to see how it could turn out. But Yes Bray has the potential to create a feud that has main event quality to it without the belt(people prefer him out of the title picture), just like we felt with brock vs Cm Punk Feud in Summer Slam. 

It was actually really hard to watch as you can just see how emotionally destroyed Bryan is after the news of his Father :(

Yeah but that is a damn professional for even considering coming on the show, so mad props to him for that one.

What a couple of weeks that guy has had; main event Wrestlemania, gets married, father dies. At the very least the latter happened after two great events so at least his dad had some happy moments before going :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Extreme Rules predicts:

WeeLC match - little bull wins.  3mb recorded they're annual win last week so they won't be due for another year.

Cesaro/RVD/Swagger - Cesaro should continue his push with a win here.

Paige/Tamina - Paige retains and moves on to the next diva in line.

Rusev/Woods/Truth - Rusev continues his push by winning a surprisingly competitive match.

Big E/BNB - BNB wins the IC title and rides the wave for a while.

Wyatt/Cena - Wyatt wins dirty (this will be the one time this year I bet against Cena in a pv match).

Evolution/Shield - The feud is too new for a Shield win just yet.  Evolution needs to carry some momentum for a while before the Shield breaks through and wins the war.

Kane/Bryan - Bryan retains and starts a real feud tomorrow with... uh... I don't know, how about Wyatt I guess.

Well, Shield/Evolution was, as expected, the match of the night.  Was surprised to see them go over this early in the feud but there's no way it's over between these two teams.  Which is great.  The match was as chaotic as it needed to be without getting too corny (looking at you Kane and Bryan) and Rollins stole the show.

Cena/Bray kind of drug on a little bit too much for me.  I was really hoping for some solid work from these two instead of Cena trying to climb the cage ten thousand times.  Bray going over (dirty) was to be expected and I like bringing in a kid to help push the story along.  Since 60% of Cena's fan base is under the age of 13 having a child turn on him seems more personal than having the fans that have been chanting Cena sucks for years now be behind Bray.  Now they need a real Sister Abigail (helloooooooo Daffney) to appeal to the female fans and ruin Cena's entire fanbase :P

Kane/Bryan... didn't really do anything for me.  I've never liked matches that span the entire building and this one was just too goofy for me.  It was confusing to see D-Bryan grab a crowbar from the trunk of the car instead of a tire iron (then the announce team was calling it a tire iron anyways) until D-Bryan threw it on the ground and it didn't clang like a piece of metal would when it hit the concrete.  Guess they couldn't find a rubber tire iron.  The burning table gimmick came off poorly as well.  The gas cans were right there in plain view too early and you could see the crew members rushing to the side of the ring with the extinguishers  when Kane was getting the table.  The spot became too obvious too soon.  The forklift bit was amusing though.  I would imagine a few OSHA reps heads exploded when they watched it.

Triple threat elimination match was the 2nd best match of the night.  Only bad thing I can say was the announce team, who seemed to completely forget it was an elimination match, sounded like idiots when the 1st pin happened.

Rest of the show was what it was.  Paige and Tamina were solid, Rusev Rusev'd, and BnB deservedly got the IC title (looked like Big E was a little lost when the crowd boo'd him the whole match too).

Overall, solid B+ for the show from me.

• Like 1