The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I watch an odd bit of wrestling. Especially cos Royal Rumble makes good drinking games. 

Drew Galloway winning makes me a happy man cos he was the only British bloke in the match.  As soon as he threw out Brock, that was the magic moment. 

I actually enjoyed the Lesnar part cos none of the guys he threw out look like they could take him. And then obviously he'll tire at some point hence they bring out the hosses in Strowman and Keith Lee. 

Womens one was terrible.

Charlotte Flair was weak sauce choice.  Where was Sasha Banks as well? 

Ronda oh where art thou?

From what's being reported, apparently Edge is on a 3-year deal and has to wrestle at the very least 4-5 times each year. He'll definitely be at the big 5 PPV's and more than likely more as well as he'll probably want to wrestling as much as possible.

Also, I screamed when his music hit too. Don't be ashamed of it.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

• 2 weeks later...

Super Showdown. Goldberg beats The Fiend. Fucking disgusting. Absolutely revolted by this booking. Good job Vince you old bastard. You've killed Bray again. I understand The Fiend was going to have to lose at some point...but to Oldberg? He couldn't even lift Bray up for the jackhammer. Jesus christ. I hate WWE.

4 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Super Showdown. Goldberg beats The Fiend. Fucking disgusting. Absolutely revolted by this booking. Good job Vince you old bastard. You've killed Bray again. I understand The Fiend was going to have to lose at some point...but to Oldberg? He couldn't even lift Bray up for the jackhammer. Jesus christ. I hate WWE.

Screen-Shot-2019-11-20-at-7.33.44-PM-900x480.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

You shouldn't be so surprised. That was the most WWE thing that the old crazy fool could've book plus it's in Saudi so he must please his royal host who knows only wrestlers from the 90-s.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Coronavirus is beginning to effect WWE along with the other 'sports' leagues. It will mostly likely effect AEW as well.

Reports are indicating that SmackDown this week will either be canceled entirely or moved to the WWE Performance Center

Reports are also indicating WrestleMania may not go on as planned

Welcome to Plague 2020? I guess?

AEW just cancelled next weeks Dynamite and it's looking like WM might get canceled. If not there's gonna be a lot of empty seats with the US limiting flights from other countries. 

For pro wrestling to never have an "off-season" it's looking more and more likely every passing minute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimsonfire44 said:

AEW just cancelled next weeks Dynamite and it's looking like WM might get canceled. If not there's gonna be a lot of empty seats with the US limiting flights from other countries. 

For pro wrestling to never have an "off-season" it's looking more and more likely every passing minute.

I don't see anything about AEW canceling next week but I guess I'll just have to take your word for it

32 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I don't see anything about AEW canceling next week but I guess I'll just have to take your word for it

Okay maybe not "cancel" more like reschedule but still...

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/62095/AEW-Forced-To-Reschedule-Next-Weeks-Dynamite-Due-To/

Edited by Crimsonfire44

On 3/13/2020 at 0:23 PM, Blood_Hungry_III said:

If they do cancel Wrestlemania, I wonder if they'll reschedule it or just scrap it completely.

It's getting more and more likely. Either canceled or postponed.

WWE keeps punting the decision to the local government officials. Those officials have already made a comment that they will cancel it if WWE takes no action. WWE has taken no action.

The rest is pretty simple to figure out.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, Blood_Hungry_III said:

If they do cancel Wrestlemania, I wonder if they'll reschedule it or just scrap it completely.

They might as well just scrap it completely, since the build up to WrestleMania has been absolutely awful. I'm not hyped for it at all. Especially since it looks like Roman Reigns will main event and not the Royal Rumble winner. It sickens me how much they continue to sacrifice for Reigns when he's already had 4 WrestleMania main events, all of which he was booed out of the building. Vince just won't quit. It's aggravating. Like how many times are we going to do this?! For crying out loud.  

And Reigns shills can deny it all they want, but Oldberg beat The Fiend to put Reigns over. Vince knew if WWE did Reigns vs The Fiend at WrestleMania, that the crowd would turn on Reigns for obvious reasons. So put the title on Oldberg, have him take the heat for The Fiend's first loss, that way, everyone will cheer Reigns for beating the guy who squashed The Fiend. All of that, just to once again, put Reigns over. It is absolutely sickening.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 2:53 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

It's getting more and more likely. Either canceled or postponed.

WWE keeps punting the decision to the local government officials. Those officials have already made a comment that they will cancel it if WWE takes no action. WWE has taken no action.

The rest is pretty simple to figure out.

Rumor has it that if the state forces the issue and cancels it then Vince gets to collect some kind of insurance $$$$, and we all know which way Vince is gonna go when it's bad press and cash vs. good press and no cash *cough* blood money *cough*

On 3/15/2020 at 6:44 AM, jackmadrox said:

They might as well just scrap it completely, since the build up to WrestleMania has been absolutely awful. I'm not hyped for it at all. Especially since it looks like Roman Reigns will main event and not the Royal Rumble winner. It sickens me how much they continue to sacrifice for Reigns when he's already had 4 WrestleMania main events, all of which he was booed out of the building. Vince just won't quit. It's aggravating. Like how many times are we going to do this?! For crying out loud.  

And Reigns shills can deny it all they want, but Oldberg beat The Fiend to put Reigns over. Vince knew if WWE did Reigns vs The Fiend at WrestleMania, that the crowd would turn on Reigns for obvious reasons. So put the title on Oldberg, have him take the heat for The Fiend's first loss, that way, everyone will cheer Reigns for beating the guy who squashed The Fiend. All of that, just to once again, put Reigns over. It is absolutely sickening.

Well he's not getting booed this year haha. Well unless the camera men and Michael Cole pipe up. 

Its not Wrestlemania without fans. What the hell are they doing?!

I appreciate to an extent the "show must go on" spirit, but its at a detriment to your fans, your quality of product and likely your finances. 

They should pre-emptively put in plans for 'Mania to be instead of Summerslam...or even Survivor Series at this rate. 

No fans will mean it will feel like the previous weeks tv shows.