The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

17 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I mean i dont see anyone posting about the Tyson angle being a copy of something WWF did 22 years ago.

Man that segment was awful, all those MMA stars in tow and that f--king moron with the face paint does everything he can to put himself in the spotlight.  But I suppose that's a topic for another thread.

• Like 1

So i have been hearing about the Rock's video on Trump and it was very good but I was kind of hoping he would go into Rock mode and tell him to "know his role and shut his mouth" and then to "take your border wall, cover it in MAGA hats, shine it all up, turn that sumbitch sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass"

That would have been awesome ?

• Like 1

I still don't understand the point of letting Charlotte be NXT Women's Champ.

My best guess is they thought it would get NXT more ratings, it FAILED MISERABLY (it did), and now she's dropped it.

So now they may have her go crawling back to RAW where they will probably have her reignite her fued with Asuka for the RAW Women's Title.

Thumps up WWE. (/sarcasm) ?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't defend this shit. I seriously can't. In all my years as a WWE fan... this is the most atrocious, disgusting, and abhorrent thing they have ever done.

This was preventable. But did they? No. Because Vince McMahon is the god damn Trump of WWE.

There's only one thing to do at this point. I suggest it's done. NOW.

SHUT

IT

DOWN

I can live without WWE for a couple of months or however long it takes.

There is no defense to this. AT ALL.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this too unfortunately. I don't think I ever had a more negative opinion of WWE than I have these past few months.

I have DVDs of WWF going from the Attitude Era to the early - mid 2000s. Compared to what we see now that stuff was fucking gold. It was a simpler time and people weren't so butthurt over trivial horseshit.

As a kid I can distinctly remember Shawn Michaels rubbing the Canadian Flag between his legs. Can you imagine the outcry and controversy that would ensue if a WWE wrestler tried doing that today?

Times have changed, and unfortunately for WWE that sell by date is long past due. Vince McMahon is no better than Donald Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep in touch with each other through social media.

Just send them to pasture. That's the only way to help carve America a better future for itself.

Edited by Spaz

12 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I saw this too unfortunately. I don't think I ever had a negative opinion of WWE than I have these past few months.

I have DVDs of WWF going from the Attitude Era to the early - mid 2000s. Compared to what we see now that stuff was fucking gold. It was a simpler time and people weren't so butthurt over trivial horseshit.

As a kid I can distinctly remember Shawn Michaels rubbing the Canadian Flag between his legs. Can you imagine the outcry and controversy that would ensue if a WWE wrestler tried doing that today?

Times have changed, and unfortunately for WWE that sell by date is long past due. Vince McMahon is no better than Donald Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep in touch with each other through social media.

Just send them to pasture. That's the only way to help carve America a better future for itself.

Since I discovered NJPW, I stopped following/watching WWE regularly. At one time, WWE felt like waste of time (quality lacking on PPV matches). I don't even watch AEW so there goes being an AEW mark lol. But all seriousness, if you're into in-ring and in-match storytelling stuff I would say check out NJPW. Plus, because of COVID-19 unlike WWE or AEW (not sure about NOAH though), they took precautions, made health their priority and stopped wrestling action for 100+ days. At one time, Hiroshi Tanahashi was saying wrestling should come later, health is more important or such like that (can't remember).

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 10:59 PM, XxIsa-GxX said:

Since I discovered NJPW, I stopped following/watching WWE regularly. At one time, WWE felt like waste of time (quality lacking on PPV matches). I don't even watch AEW so there goes being an AEW mark lol. But all seriousness, if you're into in-ring and in-match storytelling stuff I would say check out NJPW. Plus, because of COVID-19 unlike WWE or AEW (not sure about NOAH though), they took precautions, made health their priority and stopped wrestling action for 100+ days. At one time, Hiroshi Tanahashi was saying wrestling should come later, health is more important or such like that (can't remember).

AEW was definitely better in my opinion. WWF, when it was called WWF, was awesome back in the day because it wasn’t afraid to get gritty and dirty. 

Changing the rating to PG to suit Linda McMahon’s political run back in 2008 forever changed my opinion on the sport, and it’s never been the same since. WWE was already going downhill with Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit both dying. John Cena is a good wrestler, but he was never a good personality. The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin in their prime both would of beaten Cena’s ass... the audience and their popularity would of called for it. 

I have classic sets of WWF/WWE on DVD but that’s merely for nostalgia. In more recent times I’ve been enjoying MMA a lot more. 

Vince McMahon was once good, but his time is long past.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2020 at 7:24 AM, BigPete7978 said:

I just finished Undertaker - The Last Ride on WWE Network. Wow. Loved every minute of the documentary. It was perfect. 

Totally agree that's the best thing I have watched on wwe network!!

you know I was a huge wrestling fan back in the late 90s during the NWO saga at WCW. Monday Nitro and Thunder on Thursdays. It was such a golden age with stars like Hogan, Savage, Nash, DDP, Goldberg, Booker T, Hall and so on. I still follow WWE a bit here and there (mostly the PPV events) but the stars of today like Rollins, Wyatt, Strowman, McIntyre etc. just don't have that special magic about them that the WCW stars (or WWF stars like The Rock, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels etc.) had back in the day. Back then it really felt epic and theatrical and not like a reality show. I think the biggest problem of WWE today is that the stars just don't have that magical charisma of legends that the late 90s and early 2000s had.

My favorite wrestler of all time is Sting. I have that Best of Sting 6 hour boxset and I keep watching his fights from the 90s every few months. I already liked him when he was this bright, colorful surfer hero (His enthusiasm and athleticism was simply legendary) but when he became crow Sting (what a fucking great gimmick - the best in wrestling history to me) he just blew my mind. That moment when the NWO was taking over and suddenly a black crow appeared on one of the ropes and Sting descended from the rafters as a silent dark avenger who beat the shit out of the almighty NWO - That was the damn greatest wrestling moment of all time for me. That was the pinnacle of what wrestling could be, what a powerful storytelling it could have and how epic it could be through visual power and staging alone. That was also my most favorite Sting of all time with the sleeveless scorpion shirt, shorter dark hair, black coat, baseball bat and only communicating through his eyes. When he went full on Dark Avenger anti hero.

man what a time that was to be a wrestling fan. And if you look at the live audience at that time, people were going fucking insane and exploded with excitement. It was a madhouse. And today ? Audiences (well before COVID-19 that is) are so tame. There was so much more passion and excitement back in the day. People were going nuts in the audience during these fights.

I was really sad when I watched the final Nitro episode (with Sting vs Flair as the final fight) and afterwards I lost interest in wrestling for a long time (for like 15 years or so).

I only got back into it when Sting suddenly showed up at WWE a few years ago to stick it to Overlord Triple H and his queen bitch (I actually love Stephanie McMahon though. She is awesome) and then had his whole feud with Rollins (Sting standing there instead of Rollins statue was funny) but I hated how Sting was actually treated in the fights, losing every time. Then of course his injury during his fight with Rollins which pretty much ended his career and gave Sting the most unworthy career finish imaginable and I am still very sour about that. He is one of the greatest of all time and deserved a big, celebrating exit.

I will still love Sting forever though and keep watching his matches. No Wyatt or Lesnar or Rollins will ever come close to Sting swooping down from the rafters and going all The Crow on the NWO. Not ever.

So last night I watched RAW in it's entirety. First time in a while I've done that. 

I mean the matches were decent, the promos were pretty good, actually. But what the hell is this "Raw Underground"? Kinda reminds me of fight club. I'm not gonna shit all over it just yet, I'm going to give it an honest try. As for the lights and microphones cutting out, I feel like this has the chance to be a very compelling story IF WWE can do it right?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I keep hearing everyone expecting Renee Young to go to AEW now that she's leaving WWE but honestly, she's got too much to offer to just be a backstage interviewer or whatever she'd end up doing.  I mean, I'd love to see her there because of how much I dig AEW but in a perfect world, she'd jump over to First take on ESPN and replace the brainless, interrupting, waste of space that is Molly.  Fingers crossed.

I'm totally sure this ThunderDome will go well.

I'm also totally sure that people won't try to get on just so they can intentionally break the 20+ rules WWE is trying to get people to agree to in order to be featured and then rant on Twitter about how WWE doesn't give a shit about their fans anymore and tell everyone to watch AEW

Yep.

Completely.

?