fresquinho

The WWE Discussion Thread

6,089 posts in this topic

Yay. Here comes Roman to bury the evil Fiend. Well you're too late Vince, you already buried The Fiend back in Saudi Arabia in February.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone want to give thoughts/reactions to the following things...?

 

1. WWE telling their talent to 'get off third party platforms' (Twitch & Tik Tok specifically)

 

2. Reports of WWE admitting defeat to AEW and moving NXT to Tuesdays (rumblings of it according to CageSideSeats anyway)

 

My thoughts are simple.

 

1. Good luck

 

2. Shocking honestly. They never did this against WCW so doing it now seems contradictory. Vince is like Trump in the sense he never admits defeat so I don't see how he would agree to do this. Not overly surprising I guess. But nothing definitive yet... so...

 

In an attempt to end on a positive note... ThunderDome is better than I thought it would be honestly. I've contemplated trying it out myself at some point. Eventually. lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look. Nearly 2 months of inactivity in this thread. If that don't speak volumes then I don't know what will. 

Either wrestling fans are horrified by how terrible WWE has been, or they're embarrassed to say they're a wrestling fan. 

Jeez, you know? How did it go so wrong?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh, I didn't even realise there was a WWF thread on these forums. lol

 

I used to be a big wrestling fan, perhaps up until they changed the name to WWE. Or maybe around Wrestlemania 13 or so, before they changed the Ring rope colors from 3 colors into just one.

WWE has been getting worse over the years but I guess since it is a "sport" where live audiences are pretty crucial they can't stop even in a pandemic.

I watched the Undertaker 30 year tribute on youtube the other day with all the fake audience noise and well, fake audience too. End of era.

Was kinda sad but at the same time, I think all sports are suffering right now. It is weird that wrestling is all year around but every other sports are seasonal. I guess they have no choice but to continue all year around, even with Covid. But still.

 

I tend to watch all the old matches on youtube and dailymotion these days from the 80s and 90s. Back when werstling was fun and exciting, and pretty much when the whole world wasn't so crazy. The Undertaker was probably the last good wrestler.

 

I do wish Wrestlefest would come to Hamster Arcade Archives, I'd buy that in a flash. Of course the chances of that happening though are very slim.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Look. Nearly 2 months of inactivity in this thread. If that don't speak volumes then I don't know what will. 

Either wrestling fans are horrified by how terrible WWE has been, or they're embarrassed to say they're a wrestling fan. 

Jeez, you know? How did it go so wrong?

 

I'm still enjoying it. But I'm biased. So that's probably why.

 

Regardless if Andrew Yang becomes Labor Department head WWE will go the way of WCW and AEW will be the new monopoly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

 

I'm still enjoying it. But I'm biased. So that's probably why.

 

Regardless if Andrew Yang becomes Labor Department head WWE will go the way of WCW and AEW will be the new monopoly.

 

Also still enjoying it. It clearly has it's highs and lows at times but it is what it is.

Always remaining eternally optimistic that as the business ebbs and flows, there will eventually be another different kind of boom again. It's bound to happen eventually.

 

Hopefully for the sake of the US, Yang will never be to so much as sniff anywhere around the Labor Department. If AEW keeps doing what they're doing and have smart business people behind the scenes (if) they can be a viable alternative company for people in the industry to work, for up and coming Indy wrestlers or people who don't find what they're looking for at WWE or Impact! Wrestling. However, by continuing to do what they're currently doing, they'll never become the preeminent wrestling company like WCW was in the late 90's, let alone a monopoly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE and others like it are acting performances, not athletic competition. Please move this to the appropriate forum, and get those actors a union!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/12/2020 at 9:33 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm still enjoying it. But I'm biased. So that's probably why.

 

Regardless if Andrew Yang becomes Labor Department head WWE will go the way of WCW and AEW will be the new monopoly.

 

??? Why would this be the case? By all accounts while WWE is the big resister of unions in the narrative (AEW is against them too by the way, as is basically every promotion in existence), being the top wrestling company they are the best equipped to actually survive it. Currently WWE pays their performers something like 9% of what they earn which is horribly low compared to other sports. While it'd annoy them to have to pump that number up they can take the hit. It is smaller companies that would not be able to handle unions being a thing as they really require the independent contractors to survive.

 

People should really be careful what they wish for. Unions while they can be a force for good, can also devastate things. The best outcome I think is not so much unions, but more actually nailing (largely WWE) for the independent contractor abuse as WWE Superstars in no way are independent. Forcing WWE to either give Union like benefits to workers or allow them to do shows for other promotions would be the best outcome.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2020 at 6:18 PM, enaysoft said:

Oooh, I didn't even realise there was a WWF thread on these forums. lol

 

I used to be a big wrestling fan, perhaps up until they changed the name to WWE. Or maybe around Wrestlemania 13 or so, before they changed the Ring rope colors from 3 colors into just one.

WWE has been getting worse over the years but I guess since it is a "sport" where live audiences are pretty crucial they can't stop even in a pandemic.

I watched the Undertaker 30 year tribute on youtube the other day with all the fake audience noise and well, fake audience too. End of era.

Was kinda sad but at the same time, I think all sports are suffering right now. It is weird that wrestling is all year around but every other sports are seasonal. I guess they have no choice but to continue all year around, even with Covid. But still.

 

I tend to watch all the old matches on youtube and dailymotion these days from the 80s and 90s. Back when werstling was fun and exciting, and pretty much when the whole world wasn't so crazy. The Undertaker was probably the last good wrestler.

 

I do wish Wrestlefest would come to Hamster Arcade Archives, I'd buy that in a flash. Of course the chances of that happening though are very slim.

 

I was very big into WWF during the Attitude Era. My early memories are of Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin having those epic matches between each other. Got me hooked to the point to where I asked to rent those old WWF games on Nintendo.

 

Nowadays you probably can't even say half the shit they said back in the Golden Era (1980s - early 1990s, when Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior dominated) and the Attitude Era (mid 1990s - early 2000s) without some idiot snowflake claiming they got offended. Such bullshit. I'm sick of political correctness and SJWs seeping their way into every crack they can find.

 

Regardless of what anyone says, I have the utmost respect for the Undertaker. He has been in the business for a long time, loved his style and intro back in the day when he entered the ring.

 

I imagine FIFA is suffering pretty badly. The NFL and MLB here in the States hasn't done any better. Can't really watch those sports these days, but in all honesty I think today's generation of sports stars pretty much suck for the most part.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't agree with the idea that WWE has political correctness hanging above their heads and that hurts their product as a result. They avoid promoting politics yes as ironically they're smart enough unlike other sports to realise that alienating half of your audience for zero gain is simply stupid, but that doesn't have anything to do with being PC.

 

You can have a good show at PG. People don't need to swear or make crass insults to build feuds. Pro-Wrestling is one of those things where less is more is often the case. Look at Roman Reigns right now for example. Putting in the best work in the business and needs zero edgy stuff when it comes to promos and he can have matches people consider MOTY where much of it consists of just strikes. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well my fav PPV with my fav matches is next. Royal Rumble.

 

Unfortunately due to lovely COVID I'm pretty much expecting it to be worse than it usually is. They may not even do the normal 'surprise' entrants which would be... very disappointing.

 

But I try to find a way to watch it every year and this upcoming one probably won't be any different.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ending yesterday at WWE TLC was freaking great, the fiend is the next big thing, wonderful character, my favorite since The Undertaker. 

Edited by fresquinho
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Well my fav PPV with my fav matches is next. Royal Rumble.

 

Unfortunately due to lovely COVID I'm pretty much expecting it to be worse than it usually is. They may not even do the normal 'surprise' entrants which would be... very disappointing.

 

But I try to find a way to watch it every year and this upcoming one probably won't be any different.

 

If nothing else they can just throw in NXT guys as surprises. 

 

13 hours ago, fresquinho said:

The ending yesterday at WWE TLC was freaking great, the fiend is the next big thing, wonderful character, my favorite since The Undertaker. 

 

Well there was that report of getting "dark" and well yeah, what happened is on that path. Nice visual with Fiend when he had the claw in and when he got RKO'ed. End might have been a bit too much for many

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.