The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

snip

You can think what you want of Roman as a performer (he put me to sleep for years until the heel turn finally made him watchable for me) but the last part of your comment is probably worth editing

Edited by MD_91

56 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

You can think what you want of Roman as a performer (he put me to sleep for years until the heel turn finally made him watchable for me) but the last part of your comment is probably worth editing

happy?

he's still not watchable. Vince is too stupid to let his show be adult..He caters to these idiotic fans who are forced to believe Roman is unbeatable. Just like Cena got crammed down peoples throats before.

I can think of 15+ stars far more talented than Roman and Drew and if Vince had guts and let the wrestlers be free in the ring he could have a much better product.

A past survivor series, best match was Cole vs Dunne bar none. You know why? HHH just went over the finish with them and told them go out there and steal the show.

As for the 15+ better than Roman(Especially in the ring!, anyone can get a mouthpiece for manager) but in no order

Adam Cole, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Randy Orton, The Fiend, Charlotte Flair ffs, Johnny Gargano, Daniel Bryan (tho hes done for now), Cesaro, Shinsuke Nakamura, Aleister Black, Finn Balor. If i include wrestlers in other promotions its much more.

My point is Vince could make a ton of money pushing any of these guys and hell, take chances. But whatever. Roman 4 life right?

Roman Reigns is a good promo. Works good in the ring without any silliness. Has the "look". Has good size. Is experienced at a major level. Not the youngest by this point but still has many years in the tank. Has major levels of credibility. If your thing is you don't like Roman then okay whatever, but to make out as if he is bad is nonsense. 

On 07/07/2021 at 11:17 PM, jackmadrox said:

Exactly. 

Well, with the money has come more entertainment I'd say. She recently drove Dave Meltzer crazy with a comment. 

57 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Well, with the money has come more entertainment I'd say. She recently drove Dave Meltzer crazy with a comment. 

Have you watched RAW at all in the last month? Besides from the viewership dipping below a million viewers, the show is god awful.

3 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Have you watched RAW at all in the last month? Besides from the viewership dipping below a million viewers, the show is god awful.

It is RAW, of course it is awful. Why do people on this thread and the other one keep bringing up RAW? Even big WWE fans will tell you that RAW is crap. Obviously I know it is because bringing up Smackdown would be a mistake. 

Anyway I didn't mean entertaining on the show itself, though Vega ain't even on RAW just so you know. 

5 hours ago, thepeaguy83 said:

I haven't watched American pro wrestling in 20+ years.

I enjoy watching WWE and WCW matches from the 80s and 90s eras on youtube, though.

You haven't missed too much in terms of American promotions. All the best stuff was throughout those eras up to the mid 00's in my view. Like you I'll sometimes stick on a old PPV or something in the background from time to time. 

I love WWF/WCW between 1996 to 1998. I wasn't even a fan at that time, I just really enjoyed that timeframe for wrestling watching it back as I've gotten older. Great stuff!

13 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

Shotzi lost her surname. I really hate when the old man butchers names.

Most promoters wouldn't want a face with the name "Blackheart". Yes yes, Punk Rock or whatever, but such a name in wrestling is suited for heels like Owen "The Blackhart". Vince is 50-50ish on his name removals and I'd say this one is one that isn't a bad choice. 

1 hour ago, GloriousFury9414 said:

You haven't missed too much in terms of American promotions. All the best stuff was throughout those eras up to the mid 00's in my view. Like you I'll sometimes stick on a old PPV or something in the background from time to time. 

I love WWF/WCW between 1996 to 1998. I wasn't even a fan at that time, I just really enjoyed that timeframe for wrestling watching it back as I've gotten older. Great stuff!

Literally missed the era of John Cena. Granted, not great at times yes (though much of that out of Cena's hands, not like you can blame the Authority saga on him), but John Cena may well go down as the last big wrestling star so it is certainly something notable to miss. 

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

Literally missed the era of John Cena. Granted, not great at times yes (though much of that out of Cena's hands, not like you can blame the Authority saga on him), but John Cena may well go down as the last big wrestling star so it is certainly something notable to miss. 

Absolutely, although Cena was on his way to becoming a household name by the mid 00's so guess it's kinda covered. Guess If I'm being specific I'd say around 2006/2007 as by that point WWE had established the last wrestlers who were popular to the mainstream in Cena and Batista as key figures in the promotion (well Batista is debatable being known in the mainstream, but certainly has done well in Hollywood), and was generally watchable.

Wrestling has had some decent moments and events even in the last few years or so, just infrequently. 

Edited by GloriousFury9414

20 hours ago, GloriousFury9414 said:

The nWo shoots and matches crack me up to this day. Good times.

I also missed the opportunity to watch New Jack perform. I would've liked to have seen him in matches back then. He's a new favourite of mine now.

Edited by thepeaguy83
  • Like 2

So, Karrion Kross losing his debut match to Jeff Hardy, a man who has been losing all year, not even being able to get a victory over one of Jinder's stooges. 

Now yes, losing your debut match isn't as devastating as people think. John Cena, Charlotte, so forth lost their debut matches and obviously it did them no harm. However, with Kross being NXT, it seems yet another shot from Vince at a promotion he owns. If he ain't happy then fire HHH from his position and hire someone to do NXT how he feels it should be done. Another possible sign of Vince shooting at NXT is Ryker who was part of a hardly pushed group in NXT, and out of said group he fired the two that had more stock in NXT, while keeping the one with the least, currently even putting him over Elias, a favourite of his who wasn't a favourite in NXT and so instantly it seems became a favourite of Vince. 

As for Cena. Happy to see him of course, but damn... really going to do this shooting stuff again against Roman... I mean, at least this time Roman is a heel and you can somewhat justify in story the whole "protected thing", I mean he has guys constantly cheating for him and has had things like getting to defend his title right after his challenger is done winning the opportunity (something ironically Cena himself has done as a face). We'll see how Roman shoots back. 

Double post but I don't care.

Rumors are circulating that Daniel Bryan is '100% locked in' to signing with AEW and supposedly there are ongoing negotiations with CM Punk.

In other words... it's the final nails in WWE's coffin. Wonderful. ?

I'm spiteful and petty so I'll probably just do a personal boycott of AEW and never watch it ever again if it becomes the only company to watch

11 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Rumors are circulating that Daniel Bryan is '100% locked in' to signing with AEW and supposedly there are ongoing negotiations with CM Punk.

In other words... it's the final nails in WWE's coffin. Wonderful. 1f612.png

I'm spiteful and petty so I'll probably just do a personal boycott of AEW and never watch it ever again if it becomes the only company to watch

You can't be serious about this WWE going out of business, right? lol

And we have the result of Vince's recent trip to actually see what is actually in NXT. A nixing of the whole "third brand" thing, further confirmation of this being Charlotte losing 2 reigns as the NXT ones are no longer counted as a "World title" in WWE's eyes. 

Does it have something to do with NXT not stopping AEW? Many might say so but honestly I think Vince has legitimately not seen anything from NXT and couldn't believe how terrible a job HHH is doing in his eyes, note that it has been quite some time since Vince himself has actually personally handled the signing of talents so when a NXT guy gets sent up to RAW/Smackdown that will likely bring with it their first meeting with Vince. NXT is there to give experience to and develop largely young talents for the WWE. Dusty Rhodes who was involved in early NXT did that, supplementing the show with a few Indy guys. HHH meanwhile filled it with Indy guys and made it into his own private Super Indy and that goes completely against what is good for Vince and by extension the WWE.

17 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

In other words... it's the final nails in WWE's coffin. Wonderful. 1f612.png

Calm yourself mate. WWE won't be going out of business and AEW getting those two guys if it happens won't mean much outside an initial jump. Punk has little stock. Bryan is excellent yes but talk is he wants to do work across the world and not tie himself down to one specific company so who knows, he might appear on AEW for a couple of weeks and then show up on NXT/Smackdown before going to Japan, Mexico, Britain, you get the picture.

As for the last comment, well, you wouldn't be the only one. When WCW went out of business much of their fans exited wrestling entirely as their wrestling was gone. AEW and the Indies might talk anti-WWE but they know that WWE going down would be a devastating blow to the industry and themselves too. 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 5:22 PM, locutus442 said:

https://www.pwmania.com/karrion-kross-was-reportedly-going-to-lose-once-again-to-jeff-hardy-on-wwe-raw

I thought at first "well there goes Karrion getting his win back", but apparently Jeff was going to beat him again so this did Karrion a favour... well, if true. This seems one of those news put out there to rile up marks. I mean if the idea is that Karrion is going to keep losing... why swap to beating a guy just because the orginial guy to win got sick? Now I suppose you could argue that it is just how much of a loser Keith Lee is now or something... but not buying that on just the back of him getting beaten by Lashley and now Karrion. Sure, Lee got eradicated and all, but Kofi even more so. For a year+ now Lashley has been unstoppable and squashing people. Anybody remember the series with Riddle where Lashley squashed him again and again? Riddle is hardly a jobber post all that.