The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

On 10/31/2021 at 1:41 AM, sk_lp_him said:

They are doing it because they can trade mark the stupid WWE name but can't trade mark his real name.

I'm gonna assume the toxic relationship between Scott and Vince doesn't hurt either.  It's pretty common knowledge Vince has no problem being petty so I wouldn't be surprised if the Steiner name is outright "banned".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I'm gonna assume the toxic relationship between Scott and Vince doesn't hurt either.  It's pretty common knowledge Vince has no problem being petty so I wouldn't be surprised if the Steiner name is outright "banned".

Ah yes. That seems more likely. Scott infamously is banned after all and as we know, Scott goes hard, so he likely angered Vince big time in a way some other people who have angered Vince haven't. I wouldn't say Vince is petty if Scott is the reason considering Scott likely said some really disgusting things to him. 

• Like 1

Vince is punishing HHH again (some are unrelated). When is Shane officially getting named heir and bought back in as an executive?

HHH shouldn't feel too bad about it. I mean he loves his overwhelmingly strong heel factions that run the babyfaces over every week. Nick Khan/Kevin Dunn/Johnny Ace/Bruce Pritchard, what a heel stable. Can this dangerous alliance be stopped? HHH and Stephanie are jobbing to them. Heyman got wrecked quickly while Bischoff was not even allowed in the door. Vince himself is said to be completely under their spell. Shane meanwhile it is said the group has said nothing but good things about as they want him as the next boss and so they want to preemptively kiss his arse. The only hope, and imagine the drama, is if Shane becomes the boss and then instantly fires the group as unlike HHH, Shane is not dumb enough to openly oppose the kingpins of WWE.

16 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

The moment I saw PWInsider's report on the quarterly earnings I said to myself - let's see who's gonna get fired. WWE is such a rotten company. I'm most surprised by Nia Jax, even The Rock connection didn't save her.

People were expecting it as their release times are back to being predictable, as they were before they had that period where they refused to release anyone. 

Nia Jax has stated it was not talked about to her, but many theorise that what did her in was not being vaccinated. Many places now require you to be vaccinated to work in them and Vince does not want talent to not be available to work because they refuse to take a vaccine. They do also have all the women Nia has hurt as further reason sure but... well, I don't think that has ever factored into Nia's status at the company. Nia, however she might come across to fans, is apparently very much liked backstage by the other women, yes, even those she has hurt. The women backstage have all taken her side in issues backstage she has had with Charlotte and Ronda. Look at it this way. Nia may have hurt Alexa Bliss for example. However there was no malice in that, she couldn't help it. Ronda meanwhile hurt Alexa badly (far worse than Nia) and that was out of simply not caring about Alexa's well being (at least how it was seen). Nia then stands up with Ronda for hurting her and is someone Ronda can't just make back down. Likewise with Charlotte, the "Queen". Most women there simply can't stand up to her, but Nia can and did.

Maybe that has played a part who knows, the top women wanting her gone. I doubt the "4 horsewomen"... well, perhaps excluding Bayley, have much appreciated having a woman on the roster who can stand up to them in the back.

32 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

Vince remembered there is a Survivor Series in 2 weeks and the 2 elimination matches were magically booked and announced on twitter, lol. WWE is so meaningless.

Not only that, they're basically a parody of what people have criticised them for when it comes to Survivor Series. The entire RAW men's team was on Smackdown a month ago. Overall more than half the people competing were on the opposite show. The only guy tolerable on this matter is Rollings, who justified it well with the comment that he "led RAW to victory last year", referencing him laying down for the pin while on team Smackdown. Owens too I suppose, who is on his team this year, was on his team for that one too so there is some continuity both men can use, though knowing WWE this was perhaps an accident. I expect the start of the match to be KO asking Rollings if he is going to be a "piece of crap" again and lay down for the other side, likely not wanting Rollings to start the match perhaps.

Survivor Series is many people's favourite show... that they haven't seen a good show of for a very long time. Though I would argue the one with Ziggler as the sole survivor (2014) was really good in a vacuum and could have easily made Ziggler as a top main event talent. This being WWE of course none of it was capitalised on, as Ziggler only got that spot as Roman was out and he was who was supposed to do it. WWE ultimately doesn't care for the show hence why back in the day they tried to replace it. It is one of the "Big 4", but that is in name only as Money in the Bank is clearly part of the real Big 4.

They can say they've tried I suppose as the whole brand warfare thing is supposed to be a "hook", but it is all very phoney and no one cares. What makes it sillier is even if you had to stick to it being RAW vs Smackdown you could have still had good logical team ups like the below:

Roman Reigns, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Happy Corbin, Sami Zayn

vs

Big E, Rey Mysterio, Dominik Mysterio, Kevin Owens, Finn Bálor

Roman and his family with two heels who feuded with Big E recently. Big E with 4 faces who feuded with Roman recently. Roman and Big E themselves haven't clashed but have had clear issues with each other. Match can go either way too so the match has some interest. Will Owens turn on Big E and cost them the match? Will Brock Lesner show up and cause Roman to lose? You could even restore Finn a bit if he, as the Demon, took part in the match and pinned Roman (who doesn't lose the title obviously. Finn then naturally would be in contention for a shot at Big E). 

This is not hard to do... but it ain't that WWE is incapable. They. Just. Do. Not. Care. They'll make the same amount of money regardless of the quality of their shows so they don't care.

You know, unlike with AEW not much talk of NXT goes on so I'll try to provide some commentary on it.

To start with, for those unaware, the set of NXT 2.0 is drastically different. NXT used to look dark and small compared to the AEW shows but now there is so much more space and there certainly is a lot of colour to the presentation. As for the crowd as far as I know they don't actually sell tickets and certain people have the right to watch the show basically... so it is a studio audience basically, but this was not any different to how NXT was at Fullsail. 

Toxic Attraction vs Io Shirai/Kayden Carter/Kacy Catanzaro

Some people, AEW fans largely it seems, say that Toxic Attraction is bad and not over. Anybody who watches this match and says that is just lying to themselves. Crowd was into it and Mandy Rose was getting duelling chants with the babyfaces. The babyface tag team have great energy and can do neat face stuff. Shirai is a master. Rose is seemingly recovering the form she once had teaming with Sonia. Dolin is fine. Jayne needs work. 

Kay Lee Ray vs. Sarray

Two straight Women's matches imagine that, and this happens often. On a show owned by Vince McMahon and yet Tony Khan, of the more inclusive and progressive wrestling, can't have two matches with Women in them on his show. With that out of the way, the match. Odd bit of business. Sarray is one of HHH's people so obviously she got beat... but she was also the most natural next challenger for Mandy Rose. Ray, who is a heel, before the match stared down Rose who later referenced it... is there going to be a AEW special and be a heel vs heel match? Anyway, Sarray needs... something. 

Joe Gacy vs Boa 

Gacy has gotten heat and hate for his gimmick but I think it is coming along. The enforcer he is getting though is a guy who looks more like someone who'd be against SJWs than on their team... ummm... you could say it would make more sense for Gacy to try to recruit a Black guy and state that people just him unfairly for being Black, Big, whatever... but that would mean having to start calling people racist and stuff so perhaps that is why he is doing it with a big White guy that certain people would take a look at and start shouting Nazi. Or perhaps it is meta-commentary on SJW outfits being largely White? Whatever the case, the match. What a strange match. Boa, who is now seemingly a mindless puppet of a heel, was oddly over and got a chant, perhaps for facing Gacy? Gacy pounds him for a bit and then we get to see the return of the mid match powerup with lights and music that makes Boa start choking Gacy and not letting go thereby leading to a DQ. 

Jacket Time vs. Creed Brothers

I get Jacket Time is one of those odd Japanese type of names but... no. To most people it is just stupid. Creed brothers have something so thankfully they won this match. Not much more to really say then that. Was nice to see Odyssey Jones make the save.

Cameron Grimes vs. Ru Feng

Squash match for Cameron. Duke Hudson challenges him next week to a... Poker Showdown. Has there been such a segment in wrestling before in the ring? Please don't tell me Hudson won't just instantly attack Grimes. I want to see how they intend to make the crowd cheer on a Poker match. 

Solo Sikoa vs. LA Knight vs. Grayson Waller

Solo, like Bron, is another odd case with his name. Guy is an Uso and looks it... why the different name? Honestly I don't think he hangs around in NXT long considering it would be a natural move for him to quickly move up and be either Roman's new stooge, or to be the young "little brother" who simply won't do what Roman says. 

Elektra Lopez vs. Erica Yan

A THIRD Woman's match on the show. Elektra is a whole lotta woman and she calls out Xyon Quinn to offer him an invitation. Xyon of course doesn't join which causes her heel backup to attack him unsuccessfully. Elektra then tries to slap Xyon but gets blocked and spun around for the sexual tension... should note here, NXT 2.0 does seem to have been true to their word of being more... racy? WWE show are usually so sterile and yet we're getting segments like this on NXT 2.0. Are they going to do the payoff here? The other heel guy returning from his holiday, getting beat by Xyon, and then Xyon and Elektra snogging over his battered body. 

Pete Dunne vs. Carmelo Hayes

Pete Dunne returns and immidiately beats the North American champion in a non title match. On one hand yes, beating a champion. On the other hand it wasn't clean and Carmelo is in no way a credible champion. 

Other Notes

Throughout the show they had a lot of interview segments in between the matches which built either for stuff on the show or for the future. Guys not in matches on the show got appearances so we got to hear from guys like Bron, Ciampa, and D’Angelo. This is a good thing. D’Angelo is a guy to watch for any guy given a gimmick of this nature. If you have fun with the gimmick then the people will have fun with you. That is also how you get over with McMahon and why HHH's top guys would go up to the main roster and get obliterated, yet, Elias who HHH didn't rate, Vince booked on every show he could. 

Also I feel I've identified why NXT 2.0 seems to score so low with the critics. With AEW marks and other such haters it is all very obvious, but the critics I wondered if it was just an AEW bias or something more. Now, some it will be an AEW bias, but for others I think the reason is because the wrestling time on NXT is far reduced. As such they see a bunch of short matches and think that equals them being bad when... if a match should be short or long all depends on what is called for. You could for example book Elektra Lopez vs. Erica Yan for 10 mins... but why? You'll get to see more "action" sure, but what purpose does it really serve when 2 minutes will do? Additionally... I get that the last however many years when WWE started doing long matches spat in the face of it, but historically WWE is not a land of long matches. WWE's thing was that it was entertainment wrestling where the wrestling was minimised and charisma and promos/interviews were maximised. You should not be watching NXT 2.0 expecting to see a match that would fit in the Wrestlemania main event. You should be expecting a good number of short matches with interviews/segments between them.  

• Like 1

WWE needs to cut it out with the 2 night ppv events. Aint nobody got time for that. Im already fast forwarding through most of the weekly shows every week. 

Think i may just stop watching wwe for awhile. I will keep my peacock subscription and watch the old stuff, when it was still enjoyable, in my free time.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 5:40 AM, Rozalia1 said:

Some people, AEW fans largely it seems, say that Toxic Attraction is bad and not over.

AEW marks are largely morons and are to be ignored.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:47 PM, buckallmighty said:

WWE needs to cut it out with the 2 night ppv events. Aint nobody got time for that.

I would much rather have a two-night WrestleMania than a 9-hour long WrestleMania. NJPW did the same thing with Wrestle Kingdom the bigger the card got. It's a step in the right direction for them—no time to watch it live? You can stream it later on.

• Like 3

Even more releases from world worst entertainment. Tegan Knox, Drake Maverick, John Morrison, Jaxson Ryker, Shane Thorne aka Slapjack, all three members of Hit Row - Ashante Thee Adonis, Isaiah Scott and Top Dolla (Michael Cole called them the greatest steal from the draft, lol)

Remember the dirt sheetz saying that Top Dollar was going to get a big singles push all because he was highlighted ahead of the other guys that one week? Good times. 

What can be said about the releases. They're baffling as usual. Jaxson Ryker being released makes me worry for Elias, who got taken off TV after Ryker beat him a whole bunch. No one knows what is up but I will say this. His revamp better be to another musical gimmick. There is a reason that Elias, who HHH didn't rate, enjoyed being on TV constantly on the main roster, and part of it is the fact that Vince absolutely loves musical gimmicks. If he comes back all serious and without a musical gimmick then you can expect him to be released two weeks later I imagine.

Once again they run this stupid brand vs brand nonsense at Survivor Series, and once again RAW obliterates Smackdown. Though it was not a clean sweep because Smackdown had 1 win (preshow matches don't count to WWE), as Roman, showing just how overwhelmingly powerful he is, overcame being on the Smackdown brand of losers and beat his opposition... then again Roman did have some assistance as after all WWE is the evil heel empire and so heels must always crush the faces. Here is some crazy stuff for everyone that you likely did not notice. The last face to win in the main event was Royal Rumble January 31st, 2021. Since then WWE has run 10 PPVs and heels have won every single time. Before the Royal Rumble... the last face win was at Money in the Bank at May 10th, 2020. Heels getting the win 8 times in between. Note that both the mentioned events were multi-men affairs and both of the face winners went on to lose their title shots (Otis didn't even get to use his), so I'd say they don't even count as they needed face winners to get opponents for the heels to crush. WrestleMania 36 at March 25/26 2020 was the last time a face won a proper main event one on one against a heel.

Utter madness. You cannot run a show like this no matter what the heel loving fanbase that is out there thinks. Faces haven't had a proper win in the main event for close to 2 years! The point of a heel winning is to build their "heat" so that it is a bigger deal when they get beat, finally, a hero has appeared who takes them out. If however, like WWE has been doing, you book heels to crush the faces again and again and again and again, then the people pick up on it and it starts to simply generate apathy. Faces go from the heroes to get behind and cheer on to... well, just those losers who get crushed by the heels. Even Roman when he was a face, the golden boy, suffered this and took repeated bizarre losses to heel champion Lesnar.

Anyway, sorry... this heel domination stuff distracted me from the issue of Survivor Series, which WWE should just kill at this point as they've wanted to for a long time. To me it comes off as purposeful you see, what they've been doing. They tried to can the event previously but had to bring it back as fans did not want to go. So they've booked the show into the ground for years now so when they finally decide to shoot it in the head most people simply will not care. 

• 2 weeks later...

First off I'd like to address one of those hater arguments I've seen a whole bunch whenever the guys on twitter post the TV ratings and all that. They'll crow that the ratings are worse than 1.0 and so that totally means that 2.0 was the wrong move and blah blah blah I want my indy guys. Some perspective. The ratings are slightly down, slightly, than what they were under 1.0. No, you can't use numbers from years ago when comparing as those numbers slipped big time while it was 1.0. Now what does that show? It shows that a show backed with all this top indy talent... barely outdraws a show centred largely around rookies, guys that people had never seen before. The current ratings as such don't prove that 2.0 was the wrong move, they show that 1.0 was the failure as with all that "top" talent their numbers should have been way above a show featuring rookies. The other thing to remember is that 2.0 has unearthed and showed off Bron, a guy with the potential to be the top guy in wrestling in the future. Under 1.0? They likely would have kept him locked away for years as he has no indy cred and speaking of Vince having an issue with Scott Steiner, HHH I'm sure has an even bigger one. That is damning stuff as it only took people one look at Bron in the ring to proclaim him a future star. 

I'll be brief on my NXT thoughts for Wargames and the NXT's that surrounded them. 

They did a good job building up Cora Jade as the never say die babyface on wargames. Even though she ain't that much smaller than many of the other women, her small waist really makes her look small. Could well be big time in the future as Vince for all the talk of him being about titans booked both AJ Lee and Alexa Bliss overly strong, and Cora Jade certainly carries that AJ Lee type appeal. Needs more confidence at the moment more than anything else I imagine.

The 2.0 team being the heels is the most WWE thing ever. Like how every guy they want to make the next top Latin superstar they make a heel who looks down on common Latinos for some reason. Bron winning was the correct move obviously and he should take the title from Ciampa.

I think a whole bunch of guys across the card have a lot of potential and it is interesting to me the sheer amount of feuds going on all at once. NXT to me seems like it manages the time it has better than RAW and certainly better than what Smackdown has become recently. Helps not having 20 minute promo segments and other wastes of time like that. 

On 27/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, sk_lp_him said:

For the past few years Smackdown was the most watchable wwe show. After the draft though it's been so shit that it feels like Raw 2.0.

Danial Bryan being gone would be why Smackdown has really fallen down. He wasn't "booking" the shows but from what is understand he had a lot of influence and helped in the booking. During a previous good period on Smackdown Shane was there and possibly served the same role. The much hated (unfairly) writers also will at times have guys which do honestly care and are a positive influence... but such people will inevitably fall afoul of one of Vince's guys as they'll "offend" them in some manner which means they'll get them terminated. 

Currently there simply is no one there who can help guide the show and not have it be pure WWE, which is utterly miserable. So yeah, RAW.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:49 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

Jeff Hardy has once again been fired/released from WWE due to substance abuse

Even assuming he gets himself clean once and for all... he won't go back to WWE. He'll join his brother in AEW.

I have doubts on that. The fact of the matter is that Jeff is broken down and moves like a man in pain when out there. Of course he'll fall back into his vices, he needs them to get by if wrestling due to all the pain. Previously you could get away with "giving him another chance", but not anymore as everybody can plainly see that it just won't work out. If AEW signs him, even if it were in 6 months-1 years time, it'd look bad and will be bad as he inevitably will back into his vices again as he'll be wrestling again. Even the connection with Matt in AEW might not matter as like I said, Jeff can't be put out there wrestling. Matt has been death for ages as Big Money Matt, which it seems has been dropped and Matt will not be using a gimmick going forward... so as such you can't bring in Jeff to be a manager or whatever for a Broken Matt or whatever which... is a terrible idea anyway considering Matt isn't exactly the most able wrestler anymore himself. 

The only way to get Jeff Hardy on AEW nicely I could see would be for a short run as a heel manager (managing someone who doesn't do risky moves) against primarily Darby Allin. A Mick Foley in ECW type deal you could say where he, the wild guy who took all the risks, hates seeing Darby out there doing all the dangerous stuff he does. How Jeff, with all the pain and regrets he suffers, is Darby's future if he continues as he is. The feud intensifies to the point where Jeff believes that as Darby won't take his advice, then ending Darby's career now before it continues will in the long run benefit him. Jeff ain't exactly known for his promos but considering the real content he'd be able to draw from I think he could do a good job with it. 

... RAW put their top heel, The Almighty Bobby Lashley, in 3 matches on the show against the 2 lesser heels and the top face... and he just wins. Beyond that heels stood tall in every single segment of the show. There is just no getting away from it with WWE's main roster. Heels rule, faces suck. Big E's reign started weak to begin with as he beat an injured Bobby Lashley who had just gone up against I think it was Randy Orton, who is no easy opponent. Now Big E is losing a match against an opponent that had already wrestled two other guys on the show.

NXT

Cameron Crimes and Duke Hudson were in a rematch from the PPV 2 shows ago. Hudson is wearing a wig secured by a wrestling cap like Kurt Angle back in the day. No holds barred match with weapons by they don't go completely crazy with it. Hudson apparently has his own speciality table which is fun, he should keep that as a thing. Crimes pins him after quite the sequence with the cave in, then humiliates Hudson by tearing off his wig, showing off his bald head. Now Grimes didn't actually get to shave Hudson bald so... why is he bald? But I suppose you can justify it as the stipulation actually being enforced post match, or Hudson simply decided to shave it all rather than have the top part of his head be all off. Whatever the case, the heel got humiliated by the babyface who stood tall. What a strange thing on WWE TV. Perhaps to make up for this Cora Jade in her match didn't just receive a post match beatdown, she received two separate post match beatdowns. 

Grayson Waller had quite the reaction. Depending on if you view Ciampa as a heel or not he seems to now be NXT's top heel. LA Knight who seems to now be a face due to the feud with Waller cut a nice promo but was later attacked by Waller for it. Was featured as the "thread" throughout the show as several segments showed how everyone detests him, including other heels. Solid main event match between Strong and Bron. WWE could have used this match to lead to the retirement of the title by having Bron win it so he could later unify it with the NXT title, but I guess it ain't yet time for such things. Ciampa attacked Bron after the match to more solidly show him as the "heel" in the feud, but if he actually is a heel or not is up to debate due to the whole, as the crowd puts it, "Psycho Killer" thing he has going on. 

MSK apparently have Cena's US Spinner Belt for whatever reason. NXT 2.0 also sees the return of HLA, that being of course, Hot Lesbian Action. They may as well run with that as a new team name. Can you imagine "Hot Lesbian Action" chants? Also folks... the word "Hospital" was used on WWE TV. Those reports about NXT 2.0 being more wild weren't kidding, using such banned language like that. The words "Simp" and "Incel" were also dropped, but those are tame words in WWE land compared to hospital.

Anybody else watching it here? On the male end the below are the new 2.0 guys I think are very promising. Obviously guys like Grimes are great but they were 1.0 so I've not put them in the below list. 

Bron Breakker (top face)

Grayson Waller (top heel)

Joe Gacy (midcard heel)

Harland (monster heel)

Odyssey Jones (midcard face)

Tony D'Angelo (midcard tweener?)

Okay, looks like they will be getting rid of the CW title as they've announced on the latest show a unification match with the North American title. 

Harland is getting Brian Kendrick in a match. Interesting. Surprised they're giving Harland a name to destroy so early, even if it is a retired cruiserweight. I'm wondering if considering Gacy is new, but of advanced age in NXT (he is 34), if they're actually aiming to have him be more of a manager than a full time wrestler. Bray Wyatt I remember being like that as he'd go long periods without wrestling when he had disciples.

Grayson it appears will be working with AJ Styles in the future. Considering the stage in AJ's career and Grayson being set up as the top heel I would think it unwise to not have Grayson go over AJ. Gives Waller something to do as Bron has his reign because it would be ill advised to give people the top face vs top heel so early. Give Waller more credibility and heat first so people want to see Bron break the dude to pieces. They've already interacted a bit to plant future seeds with Bron telling Waller that he is banned from the locker room as everyone thinks he is a scumbag. 

The main event ended with Tony D'Angelo taking a tire iron to Dunn's fingers as revenge for doing the finger deal on him last week. Thing is... I don't think D'Angelo is a heel. It is like Ciampa attacking Bron last week. Normally it would be a heel thing but due to their character it ain't. D'Angelo has primarily wrestled heels and even in this match came out slapping hands, he plays to the crowd, he doesn't insult the people in his promos. Perhaps this is a "turn" and now he is actually a heel but we'll have to see. 

• 2 weeks later...

WWE Day 1. Then, Now, Forever. Otherwise known as: Same, Old, Shit. The list of champions they have is heavily depressing and just miserable. Roman potentially avoided losing his title due to the Corona which... ummm, interesting. It wouldn't be the first time a top guy came up with some reason to not lose a title. Without Brock no one exists who can take the title from Roman so... yeah, going to pump those reign numbers up further. At this point I legitimately want Roman to keep holding the belt until Bron Breakker comes up from NXT and beats him after Roman cuts a promo that he has been champion for 1000+ days and absolutely no one can beat him, then Bron comes out and squashes him in under 3 minutes. If you've invested this much misery into this reign, you may as well go all the way with it at this point. As for Brock, interesting how he ends another reign from a New Day Member. Just Woods left now... ummm. You could do something with that but obviously WWE won't. I'd not mind Woods as WWE champion honestly as long as they do it right because unlike the other two I don't think he could work as a face champion (simply not someone that would be seen as a credible singles), which is good for him considering how bad WWE is with faces. For example, have Woods want to avenge the New Day losses by challenging Lesnar at some point. He puts himself forward because unlike the other two he hasn't been beaten and then ropes the other two members into helping him because obviously Woods doesn't stand a chance alone and Kofi and Big E know that. Face Big E and Kofi reluctantly help Woods beat Lesnar. Woods then starts mistreating Big E and Kofi as he then expects them to help him cheat to beat other guys and they won't, so Woods ditches the New Day and gets some new guys from NXT to serve as his stooges. 

NXT. 

Grayson Waller, top heel of NXT, got his first singles win. Yes, NXT's top heel has like a 2/10 record (other win was Wargames). He beat a returning Odyssey Jones, hitting a rolling Stunner (will that be his finish? Very flashy), after Odyssey hit the exposed turnbuckle. Something I noticed with Waller is... his gear. It is an attempt to invoke Jake Paul isn't it? Good idea and he has a look to pull it off. He'll be having a "confrontation" with AJ Styles at the PPV. Speaking of that, Waller was on RAW, which is something that hasn't really happened before (ignoring the Survivor Series thing).

Harland didn't have a match with Kendrick who didn't come out. Corona? I got the impression that the idea was Harland took him out prior to the match, but nothing was really eluded to it. Chase replaced him in the match and Harland beat him with a ref stoppage after bouncing Chase's head off the mat a whole bunch. It looked good. As I've said before, Gacy as Harland's soft spoken creepy handler is good stuff. 

Tiffany Stratton had a bad debut. Being green in the ring, having to have a match of this sort, and be selling your gimmick the whole time makes it tough.

CONTRACT SIGNING! The highlight to me was Trick Williams who... he has something. He has good size and he really showed off himself in the promo in this segment. I liked the bit about him never being outnumbered in his life. There are some people who put forward that Hayes is good and... I've not really seen the charisma from him. Trick Williams who currently serves in essence as his manager might be below Hayes at the moment on the in ring side of wrestling, but having charisma and being able to talk is harder to develop and Williams is far above Hayes in that.

Solo Sikoa looks like an evolved Uso as he has the same face as them but he is bigger. He is still undefeated and got a match with a veteran in Escobar to help him develop. Nothing good by any means out there, but having matches is what these guys need to have. Sikoa continues to win while Escobar had the out that he lost after Xyon appeared to continue his love affair with the whole lotta woman Elektra Lopez. I'm into this for the absurdity of it all ultimately. Escobar is mad at Xyon because... Escobar's manager is all hot for Xyon and likely wants to have sexual relations with him? As I've said before, Xyon and Elektra need to make out over Escobar's body (with some real energy) after Xyon beats him. Go all the way with this.

Von Wagner at the moment has the least upside of everyone on the roster who is getting featured outside of maybe Boa, but I'd say Boa has more. Wagner has a caveman type look so being a monster is obvious, but they keep having him talk and he just does not have that. Needs a manager badly. Considering Lash Legend has a heel talk show host gimmick, why not pair her up with Wagner. Wagner serving as her bodyguard while she serves as his mouthpiece.

Main event was odd in places and was an attempt at building intrigue for the match at the PPV which I never bought as something that could happen, that being the two people with the champion in the 3 way being replaced. Io fans I have to say have really annoyed me for a good while with talk of her being buried, held down, or whatever. Io has rarely lost, and didn't here as her partner was pinned, so outside thinking that if Io isn't the champion then she is being held down, she simply isn't. 

6 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

As for Brock, interesting how he ends another reign from a New Day Member. Just Woods left now... ummm. You could do something with that but obviously WWE won't. I'd not mind Woods as WWE champion honestly as long as they do it right because unlike the other two I don't think he could work as a face champion (simply not someone that would be seen as a credible singles), which is good for him considering how bad WWE is with faces. For example, have Woods want to avenge the New Day losses by challenging Lesnar at some point. He puts himself forward because unlike the other two he hasn't been beaten and then ropes the other two members into helping him because obviously Woods doesn't stand a chance alone and Kofi and Big E know that. Face Big E and Kofi reluctantly help Woods beat Lesnar.

Woods over Lesnar, that's an insane take. I can't see another New Day member getting a world title run. Big E, who is the best candidate out of New Day to be World Champion didn't deliver. Big E needed that serious edge to compliment his personality, which he didn't bring. He was far too goofy in that top guy role, although you could place some of the blame on creative. It was always worth the shot with Big E as champ, as he always had potential as a good face champion.

Lesnar winning the belt is the right move imo. He's been good since his return. Lesnar/Lashey should happen at Wrestlemania, or at the very least a major PPV. However like you said, where does this leave Roman going forward. Who can challenge him? Rollins/Drew are basically the only candidates and Drew is hurt, unless The Rock comes back. Will the titles potentially be unified?

7 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

NXT

Still need to catch up with this. Seems you are enjoying the product a fair amount which is a good sign.