The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Charlotte is annoying. She has talent but way too much creative control. Zzzz. She had no reason to pin Ronda. Fucking dumb.

I think the 2 woman's matches should of traded places. The Becky and Belair match was so much better, even though I didn't like the result. 

Overall a very good day. NXT Stand & Deliver was awesome and the 1st night of Wrestlemania was awesome. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I think the 2 woman's matches should of traded places. The Becky and Belair match was so much better, even though I didn't like the result. 

Overall a very good day. NXT Stand & Deliver was awesome and the 1st night of Wrestlemania was awesome. 

yeah my predictions were all right except womens.

Ronda is good, Charlotte is good but they dont work well. Apparently original plan was Ronda beating Becky, and Bianca beating Flair..Both those matches would have made a stronger card.

Mania night 1 quick thoughts:

- New Day match got canceled which is good. Made the show stronger as a whole

- Usos vs Nakamura/Boogs match was good, hopefully with Boogs injury, Nakamura can do something better. King of Strong Style. Screw this Artist crap. Wheres the Nakamura from NJPW, NXT....

- McIntyre vs Corbin was a waste of both... hardly a strong enough win for McIntyre to claim a title shot at Roman after Mania...

- Logan Paul/Miz vs Mysterios:

Logan was a heat magnet but didnt do too bad, Miz stole the thunder at the end like a perfect heel.

- Bianca v Becky was good. Hoped Becky won but eh. Becky looked amazing though 

- Cody vs Seth match of the night. 5 stars. Cody looked like a million bucks. But his welts after. Holy shit.

- Gable Steveson.... can't see this dude being a heel, he's just naturally smiley and he's smaller than I thought. Or looked it on tv. I honestly think WWE are too invested into this kid that their hype for him vs what he ends up doing, will probably be completely different. Prove me wrong Steveson.

- Charlotte vs Ronda.... they dont work well together... also realistically Ronda could beat Charlotte in a legit fight no question. Charlotte had to Hulk Hogan her way of course. 

- Austin vs Kevin Owens was what i expected and more..KO asked Austin for permission to use the stunner and they are friends outside the ring. Austin felt safe having a match with KO and thats how it came about before the storyline started. But Austin didnt look tired one bit. KO got some good offence in as well. 4.5 stars

Stand & Deliver was good, my thoughts:

- Kai/Gonzales winning was obvs cause Gonzales is from Texas i believe

- Greyson Waller acting as a face doing ladder spots was weird... he even had the damn match won. That match was fun but he kinda ruined it for me. Didn't care that Grimes won though. 

-Mandy has improved so much. She deserved that win. 

-Ciampa match sucked sadly. Hopefully he's called up and used well, or maybe he actually is retiring... also cant stand Tony D'Angelo. Don't see anything marketable in that goof.

- Tag match was good but hate MSK. They're just snobby obnoxious adult children. 

- GUNTHER winning is whatever. He looks better shape, but fuck Vince. Name change and music change? Why is everything thats already good getting ruined by this old man? Ciampa lost his music, WALTER lost his name and music, Breakker can't just be a Steiner... anyways....

- Ziggler retain was a good choice in my opinion. He can make anyone look good and should be THE GUY in NXT to help these young talent. Orton said they cant work for shit, and need to grow more.. He's right. So Ziggler is good to help them.

- Vince needs to change Bron Breakker name to Bron Steiner. He inducted his family for fuck sakes. Breakker with 2 ks looks dumb as hell too.

Hall of Fame:

- Steiners was alright, surprised Scott didnt shoot a promo lol considering he's hated on WWE and HOF for years but he looked teary-eyed and humbled. 

- Shad was hard to watch. Well deserved "warrior award". He's a real hero. RIP

- Queen Sharmell went on too long and bored me.

- Vader... didn't care for that one. I like Vader but his wwf run was terrible. Japan, WCW, that's where it is. 

- Undertaker... 1hr. Absolutely legendary. Words wont do it justice. Just have to go out of your way to see it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

yeah my predictions were all right except womens.

Ronda is good, Charlotte is good but they dont work well. Apparently original plan was Ronda beating Becky, and Bianca beating Flair..Both those matches would have made a stronger card.

Mania night 1 quick thoughts:

- New Day match got canceled which is good. Made the show stronger as a whole

- Usos vs Nakamura/Boogs match was good, hopefully with Boogs injury, Nakamura can do something better. King of Strong Style. Screw this Artist crap. Wheres the Nakamura from NJPW, NXT....

- McIntyre vs Corbin was a waste of both... hardly a strong enough win for McIntyre to claim a title shot at Roman after Mania...

- Logan Paul/Miz vs Mysterios:

Logan was a heat magnet but didnt do too bad, Miz stole the thunder at the end like a perfect heel.

- Bianca v Becky was good. Hoped Becky won but eh. Becky looked amazing though 

- Cody vs Seth match of the night. 5 stars. Cody looked like a million bucks. But his welts after. Holy shit.

- Gable Steveson.... can't see this dude being a heel, he's just naturally smiley and he's smaller than I thought. Or looked it on tv. I honestly think WWE are too invested into this kid that their hype for him vs what he ends up doing, will probably be completely different. Prove me wrong Steveson.

- Charlotte vs Ronda.... they dont work well together... also realistically Ronda could beat Charlotte in a legit fight no question. Charlotte had to Hulk Hogan her way of course. 

- Austin vs Kevin Owens was what i expected and more..KO asked Austin for permission to use the stunner and they are friends outside the ring. Austin felt safe having a match with KO and thats how it came about before the storyline started. But Austin didnt look tired one bit. KO got some good offence in as well. 4.5 stars

Stand & Deliver was good, my thoughts:

- Kai/Gonzales winning was obvs cause Gonzales is from Texas i believe

- Greyson Waller acting as a face doing ladder spots was weird... he even had the damn match won. That match was fun but he kinda ruined it for me. Didn't care that Grimes won though. 

-Mandy has improved so much. She deserved that win. 

-Ciampa match sucked sadly. Hopefully he's called up and used well, or maybe he actually is retiring... also cant stand Tony D'Angelo. Don't see anything marketable in that goof.

- Tag match was good but hate MSK. They're just snobby obnoxious adult children. 

- GUNTHER winning is whatever. He looks better shape, but fuck Vince. Name change and music change? Why is everything thats already good getting ruined by this old man? Ciampa lost his music, WALTER lost his name and music, Breakker can't just be a Steiner... anyways....

- Ziggler retain was a good choice in my opinion. He can make anyone look good and should be THE GUY in NXT to help these young talent. Orton said they cant work for shit, and need to grow more.. He's right. So Ziggler is good to help them.

- Vince needs to change Bron Breakker name to Bron Steiner. He inducted his family for fuck sakes. Breakker with 2 ks looks dumb as hell too.

Hall of Fame:

- Steiners was alright, surprised Scott didnt shoot a promo lol considering he's hated on WWE and HOF for years but he looked teary-eyed and humbled. 

- Shad was hard to watch. Well deserved "warrior award". He's a real hero. RIP

- Queen Sharmell went on too long and bored me.

- Vader... didn't care for that one. I like Vader but his wwf run was terrible. Japan, WCW, that's where it is. 

- Undertaker... 1hr. Absolutely legendary. Words wont do it justice. Just have to go out of your way to see it.

Great review of the night. Again, you understand the story lines a lot better than I do right now. I'll get there as I follow more over the next few months. As good as the Becky/Bianca match was to me, the ending was bad. How Bianca was out of the ring until the 9 count and just jumped up and ran back in the ring.I noticed how Cody's body looked and the welts. Same goes for Ronda after Flair gave her all those chops. Her chest was red. 

Can't wait for tonight and looking forward to your review of the night afterwards.

• Like 1

Night 2 review

small note... way too many replay videos of Night 1 *

- Show starts with Triple H retiring and leaving boots in the ring. Thank you Paul!

- RKBro retaining tag titles:

simply too many spot fests... i don't like RKBro as a team and not shocked they won. The post match had Gable Steveson do a throw... i see nothing in this guy. As i said yesterday, prove me wrong. Fun match regardless

- Lashley def. Omos:

Omos looked better than he has but hes still very limited. Was longer than it needed to be. 

- Knoxville def. Zayn

This was a jackass forever promotion fest basically. Went 5 min too long in my opinion.

* 1/2

- Naomi&Sasha win tag titles:

Very good match, wish Liv&Rhea won as Liv has improved so much. Guess WWE still wants to push injury prone Sasha and boring glow bitch Naomi. Good match but wrong team won in my opinion.

- Edge def. AJ Styles

Great match, Edge still seems slow but his new gimmick was a giveaway he would win. AJ got burned by pyro in entrance so he had some blood on his cheek. Damien Priest showed up looking super emo and goth. Edge won. He and Priest are a stable now with a 3rd member coming soon

- Holland/Sheamus def New day

total squash. Stupid

0 stars

- Pat McAfee def. Theory

pretty good match. Typical heel taunt. led to...

- Vince McMahon def. Pat McAfee

Steve Austin came out post match stunning people and Vince took probably the worst stunner in history. Took up close to 40 min of time... so a.short main event?

* for match, ** for Austin

- Roman Reigns def. Brock Lesnar

Brock introduced himself. Started shitkicking Roman right of the bat, should have kept beating the hell out of him as Roman is shit. Basically a match you'd expect from these two. Same as their other matches. Basically a superman punch and spear fest since thats all Roman can do. Crowd massively behind Brock. Ref bump. Roman low blows Brock, hits him with belt. Nothin new to see really. Roman as a heel has better promo work but hes so boring in the ring. Roman hit a very botched spear to Brocks back as well. This is a pretty boring main event. Brock cancelled a spear into a kimura which was a highlight. Roman hits spear. over. Romans shoulder got popped out.

Clean win, boring match. Now more Roman hogging the main event. Hopefully he gets severely injured and has to relinquish the belt. Fuck this piece of shit. I figured he would win but that clean, like... who the fuck can beat Roman? Dwyane NEXT YEAR? They need to give RAW its own title asap otherwise WWE should just rename themselves to The Roman Empire.

Predictions for mania were 11 out of 15.

But yeah let's never see Brock vs Roman again at Mania. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Night 2 review

small note... way too many replay videos of Night 1 *

- Show starts with Triple H retiring and leaving boots in the ring. Thank you Paul!

- RKBro retaining tag titles:

simply too many spot fests... i don't like RKBro as a team and not shocked they won. The post match had Gable Steveson do a throw... i see nothing in this guy. As i said yesterday, prove me wrong. Fun match regardless

- Lashley def. Omos:

Omos looked better than he has but hes still very limited. Was longer than it needed to be. 

- Knoxville def. Zayn

This was a jackass forever promotion fest basically. Went 5 min too long in my opinion.

* 1/2

- Naomi&Sasha win tag titles:

Very good match, wish Liv&Rhea won as Liv has improved so much. Guess WWE still wants to push injury prone Sasha and boring glow bitch Naomi. Good match but wrong team won in my opinion.

- Edge def. AJ Styles

Great match, Edge still seems slow but his new gimmick was a giveaway he would win. AJ got burned by pyro in entrance so he had some blood on his cheek. Damien Priest showed up looking super emo and goth. Edge won. He and Priest are a stable now with a 3rd member coming soon

- Holland/Sheamus def New day

total squash. Stupid

0 stars

- Pat McAfee def. Theory

pretty good match. Typical heel taunt. led to...

- Vince McMahon def. Pat McAfee

Steve Austin came out post match stunning people and Vince took probably the worst stunner in history. Took up close to 40 min of time... so a.short main event?

* for match, ** for Austin

- Roman Reigns def. Brock Lesnar

Brock introduced himself. Started shitkicking Roman right of the bat, should have kept beating the hell out of him as Roman is shit. Basically a match you'd expect from these two. Same as their other matches. Basically a superman punch and spear fest since thats all Roman can do. Crowd massively behind Brock. Ref bump. Roman low blows Brock, hits him with belt. Nothin new to see really. Roman as a heel has better promo work but hes so boring in the ring. Roman hit a very botched spear to Brocks back as well. This is a pretty boring main event. Brock cancelled a spear into a kimura which was a highlight. Roman hits spear. over. Romans shoulder got popped out.

Clean win, boring match. Now more Roman hogging the main event. Hopefully he gets severely injured and has to relinquish the belt. Fuck this piece of shit. I figured he would win but that clean, like... who the fuck can beat Roman? Dwyane NEXT YEAR? They need to give RAW its own title asap otherwise WWE should just rename themselves to The Roman Empire.

Predictions for mania were 11 out of 15.

But yeah let's never see Brock vs Roman again at Mania. 

Thanks for your input. Overall night 2 was not as good as night 1. It had it's moments but not enough to put it ahead of night 1.

I didn't really know much about the tag match opener so I just rooted for the champs.

The Osmos and Lashley match. I kind of knew Lashley would win.

The Johnny Knoxville match I was laughing the whole time. It probably is because I have never watched his stuff so it was kind of new to me.

The women's tag match didn't go the way I thought it would. I really thought they were grooming Rhea and Liv to be champs. To me Sasha is more of a single's wrestler. How long will it be before she turns on Naomi?

Edge and Aj was probably one of the better matches of the night.

New day match was terrible.

McAfee was good in his match but then it got stupid with Mcmahon getting in the ring. I called it to. I posted on Twitter it was time for Stone Cold to come out and give Mcmahon a stunner. It was botched badly.

Main event was not good. It wasn't even the best match of the weekend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snakebit10 said:

Thanks for your input. Overall night 2 was not as good as night 1. It had it's moments but not enough to put it ahead of night 1.

I didn't really know much about the tag match opener so I just rooted for the champs.

The Osmos and Lashley match. I kind of knew Lashley would win.

The Johnny Knoxville match I was laughing the whole time. It probably is because I have never watched his stuff so it was kind of new to me.

The women's tag match didn't go the way I thought it would. I really thought they were grooming Rhea and Liv to be champs. To me Sasha is more of a single's wrestler. How long will it be before she turns on Naomi?

Edge and Aj was probably one of the better matches of the night.

New day match was terrible.

McAfee was good in his match but then it got stupid with Mcmahon getting in the ring. I called it to. I posted on Twitter it was time for Stone Cold to come out and give Mcmahon a stunner. It was botched badly.

Main event was not good. It wasn't even the best match of the weekend.

agreed. Night 2 sucked. Now we have to deal with more of the Roman show. Honestly, i would have had Austin vs KO close night 2, or Cody vs Seth.

Biggest mania match of all time is a joke, Hogan vs Yokozuna in a 22 second match at Mania 9 was more entertaining than Brock v Roman. Especially the lack of blood despite all that build up "I'm coming for blood Roman".

My hope is they called an audible due to Roman's arm and he's legit in need of surgery and is forced to vacate the titles. If that doesn't happen... then its another long year until Mania 39.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

agreed. Night 2 sucked. Now we have to deal with more of the Roman show. Honestly, i would have had Austin vs KO close night 2, or Cody vs Seth.

Biggest mania match of all time is a joke, Hogan vs Yokozuna in a 22 second match at Mania 9 was more entertaining than Brock v Roman. Especially the lack of blood despite all that build up "I'm coming for blood Roman".

My hope is they called an audible due to Roman's arm and he's legit in need of surgery and is forced to vacate the titles. If that doesn't happen... then its another long year until Mania 39.

That looked pretty painful when Brock had that move on him. I'd even prefer the Becky and Bianca match as the main evnt.

Did you see any pictures of Bianca. Her eye looks pretty bad. She caught a heel from Becky in the match last night. I can't take much more of Roman.

33 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

That looked pretty painful when Brock had that move on him. I'd even prefer the Becky and Bianca match as the main evnt.

Did you see any pictures of Bianca. Her eye looks pretty bad. She caught a heel from Becky in the match last night. I can't take much more of Roman.

Yeah i cant take more of Roman either.

I'm a little shocked that Ronda training with Shayna she hasnt improved much considering Shayna in NXT was damn good.

Totally forgot Bianca got that kick off the top. ill look into it.

For me, id change a few finishes.

Heyman pulls ultimate swerve and Lesnar wins? or Brock just destroys everyone and wins.

Ronda wins.

Becky wins. leads to Becky vs Ronda at Summerslam. but now neither have titles so i wonder.

Street Profits win cause they deserve it. Rhea/Liv win as theyre really a tag team that is thrown together but works very well.

My thing is I don't hate Romans character. I hate him hogging the main event and title scene. Austin never did and he's arguably the biggest star ever. Rock never did either. At this point its almost like when Roman loses he will retire. 

Then you look how Vince handles some huge stars, Kevin Steen in ROH, now Kevin Owens. Easily could be top face or heel of the company. Thankfully he got the feud with Austin. Thats a huge boost for his star power. But only took how many years and who knows where KO goes from here...

Cody was handled well but where will he be by next mania? id also save his world title win until a summerslam or mania. Also save a feud with AJ Styles until Mania 39.

Nakamura from Japan, absolutely wasted by Vince on main roster. but the matches he CAN have. Just Vince has all the star power he needs to have must watch weekly tv but he misuses so much talent.

EDIT: Ouch @ Bianca eye. god damn lol

Edited by Infected Elite

On 1.04.2022 at 7:12 PM, Baranov_925 said:

Bold is for my predicted winner.

Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair

Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio vs. The Miz and Logan Paul

Drew McIntyre vs. Happy Corbin (with Madcap Moss)

The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs

The New Day (Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston) vs. Sheamus and Ridge Holland (with Butch)

Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey

Queen Zelina and Carmella (c) vs. Sasha Banks and Naomi vs. Rhea Ripley and Liv Morgan vs. Natalya and Shayna Baszler  

Johnny Knoxville vs. Sami Zayn

Pat McAfee vs. Austin Theory

RK-Bro (Randy Orton and Riddle) (c) vs. The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) vs. Alpha Academy (Chad Gable and Otis)

Edge vs. AJ Styles

Bobby Lashley vs. Omos

Brock Lesnar (WWE Champion) vs. Roman Reigns (Universal Champion) (with Paul Heyman)

I guessed only 4 xD.My declining knowledge of wrestling is more visible than I expected. :P 

7 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah i cant take more of Roman either.

I'm a little shocked that Ronda training with Shayna she hasnt improved much considering Shayna in NXT was damn good.

Totally forgot Bianca got that kick off the top. ill look into it.

For me, id change a few finishes.

Heyman pulls ultimate swerve and Lesnar wins? or Brock just destroys everyone and wins.

Ronda wins.

Becky wins. leads to Becky vs Ronda at Summerslam. but now neither have titles so i wonder.

Street Profits win cause they deserve it. Rhea/Liv win as theyre really a tag team that is thrown together but works very well.

My thing is I don't hate Romans character. I hate him hogging the main event and title scene. Austin never did and he's arguably the biggest star ever. Rock never did either. At this point its almost like when Roman loses he will retire. 

Then you look how Vince handles some huge stars, Kevin Steen in ROH, now Kevin Owens. Easily could be top face or heel of the company. Thankfully he got the feud with Austin. Thats a huge boost for his star power. But only took how many years and who knows where KO goes from here...

Cody was handled well but where will he be by next mania? id also save his world title win until a summerslam or mania. Also save a feud with AJ Styles until Mania 39.

Nakamura from Japan, absolutely wasted by Vince on main roster. but the matches he CAN have. Just Vince has all the star power he needs to have must watch weekly tv but he misuses so much talent.

EDIT: Ouch @ Bianca eye. god damn lol

I can agree with you about Roman. With so many good and talented stars in a profession like WWE, I can't see why they keep one guy as champ for so long. There is no where near that many in the Women's division and the titles change hands quite often it seems. Except it always seems like one of them end up with Flair. 

I don't like the idea of a unified champ especially when it is 2 different shows. What does it mean for Roman now? Will he be on both shows now? Who will eventually beat Roman? Is it someone on the main roster now or will they groom someone?

I seen pictures of Romans arm on Twitter, but I haven't seen any reports on it. Ouch! Something was definitly popped out.

A lot of speculation going around that Bayley will make her return tonight. I hope so. I have watched a lot of her past matches and she would probably be one of my favorites from the women's division. I also want to see Asuka and Bliss return. 

• Like 1

Wrestlemania 38 definitely exceeded expectations for me. Wasn't the biggest fan of most night 2, but night 1 was fantastic. I was really happy to see Cody rise from underneath the ramp. You could tell me was loving the moment and I really hope this is just a sign of things to come for the American Nightmare. 

I usually don't give a damn about celebrity matches but they were pretty damn good this year. Logan Paul, for all the shit he cops, you have to give him credit for putting in the effort and doing a pretty good job. Johnny Knowvile, well hey it was never going to be a wrestling clinic but it was pretty fun for what it was. Do we still consider Pat McAfee as a celebrity though? The guy is awesome! Every time he steps in the ring he gives it is all and damn I wouldn't mind seeing him in the ring on a more regular basis. It's a shame Vince had to insert himself post match, but hey at least it gave us that absolutely HORRIBLE stunner

There was no way that Flair vs Rousey was ever going to be anywhere near as good as Lynch vs Belair, but as much as I've grown tired of Flair, I think the right decision was made to keep the belt on her. Lets see what happens come Summerslam. 

I hope moving forward KO has a prime spot on Raw. I'm really glad his segment with Stone Cold wasn't just him being laid out with a stunner and then being drenched with beer. Massive credit to Stone Cold for the amount of offence he took!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Wrestlemania 38 definitely exceeded expectations for me. Wasn't the biggest fan of most night 2, but night 1 was fantastic. I was really happy to see Cody rise from underneath the ramp. You could tell me was loving the moment and I really hope this is just a sign of things to come for the American Nightmare. 

I usually don't give a damn about celebrity matches but they were pretty damn good this year. Logan Paul, for all the shit he cops, you have to give him credit for putting in the effort and doing a pretty good job. Johnny Knowvile, well hey it was never going to be a wrestling clinic but it was pretty fun for what it was. Do we still consider Pat McAfee as a celebrity though? The guy is awesome! Every time he steps in the ring he gives it is all and damn I wouldn't mind seeing him in the ring on a more regular basis. It's a shame Vince had to insert himself post match, but hey at least it gave us that absolutely HORRIBLE stunner

There was no way that Flair vs Rousey was ever going to be anywhere near as good as Lynch vs Belair, but as much as I've grown tired of Flair, I think the right decision was made to keep the belt on her. Lets see what happens come Summerslam. 

I hope moving forward KO has a prime spot on Raw. I'm really glad his segment with Stone Cold wasn't just him being laid out with a stunner and then being drenched with beer. Massive credit to Stone Cold for the amount of offence he took!

agree with most but i also cant stand Belair. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

agree with most but i also cant stand Belair. 

Oh neither can I. It was a great match and I would have prefered to see Lynch walk out with the title and Belair vanish into obscurity, but hey I guess the outcome was sort of to be expected. I'm curious to see who steps up to challenge her in the coming months. A returning Bayley tonight? I'd love to say Asuka but man they just don't do much with her even if she's wearing a belt. I'd love to see Io Shirai debut on Raw or Smackdown much sooner than later, but I worry again that she may end up another Kairi Sane on one of the main shows. 

15 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Oh neither can I. It was a great match and I would have prefered to see Lynch walk out with the title and Belair vanish into obscurity, but hey I guess the outcome was sort of to be expected. I'm curious to see who steps up to challenge her in the coming months. A returning Bayley tonight? I'd love to say Asuka but man they just don't do much with her even if she's wearing a belt. I'd love to see Io Shirai debut on Raw or Smackdown much sooner than later, but I worry again that she may end up another Kairi Sane on one of the main shows. 

apparently Edge stable is going to add Ciampa(stupid...), and Rhea Ripley. I'd take a heel Ripley kicking the shittiEST wrestlers ass for the title any day of the week.

Both nights were absolutely incredible, peak pro wrestling imo. Great technical matches, fun gimmicks and some awesome moments you'll remember for years. Easily the best WM in a very long time and proving that the company is still very much top of the tree. Bitter hoop flipper lovers in utter disarray this weekend.

Cody's path is going to ultimately decide whether or not I abandon the WWE for good or keep hope alive that one day it'll be watchable again.  They have an absolute slam dunk right now that seems impossible to mess up, I mean, even in Cody's ROH days he and Roman had a social media "war" that could be referenced.  I haven't watched a single second of WWE programming since the HiaC disaster between the Fiend and Rollins but I've kept up on what's happening in the hopes that it'll one day become interesting again... which it hasn't, until, maybe... now?  Over the past 6 or so years Cody has gone out and made himself a star, if Vince can get over his own ego and accept it the story writes itself.  Don't.  F--k.  It.  Up!!

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Cody's path is going to ultimately decide whether or not I abandon the WWE for good or keep hope alive that one day it'll be watchable again.  They have an absolute slam dunk right now that seems impossible to mess up, I mean, even in Cody's ROH days he and Roman had a social media "war" that could be referenced.  I haven't watched a single second of WWE programming since the HiaC disaster between the Fiend and Rollins but I've kept up on what's happening in the hopes that it'll one day become interesting again... which it hasn't, until, maybe... now?  Over the past 6 or so years Cody has gone out and made himself a star, if Vince can get over his own ego and accept it the story writes itself.  Don't.  F--k.  It.  Up!!

If RAW doesn't get its own title and Cody win it, then he should perhaps beat Roman. Cody really did go from undesirable to god damn undeniable. His promo at the start of RAW was unlike ANYTHING WWE promos have been like in years. 

Give Cody the belt at a Mania, or have him feud with Styles at SummerSlam or something but Cody made me interested in WWE again

4 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Both nights were absolutely incredible, peak pro wrestling imo. Great technical matches, fun gimmicks and some awesome moments you'll remember for years. Easily the best WM in a very long time and proving that the company is still very much top of the tree. Bitter hoop flipper lovers in utter disarray this weekend.

uhhh some stuff was pretty bad, Roman v Brock, Charlotte v Ronda, Usos vs Naka/Boogs(obviously cut short due to injury, Usos are amazing), Sheamus & Friends vs New Day were all mediocre, and Edge vs AJ didnt live up to the hype either. Cody vs Seth was best on the entire event, followed by Austin vs KO, then Becky vs the ShittiEST promo. 

As for top of the tree, i really dont care about what company does what better. Knowing a month ago Cody was coming was fine, i like watching matches for how good they are. Cody vs Seth is proof you don't need a title to be a big match. Plus i like AEW,NJPW, and anything Jay White does, and some of WWE. But Roman is getting beyond stale. NXT 2.0 is terrible aside from Carmelo Hayes and Bron.

My point is every company has highs and lows all the time. I just like watching it all. If MJF somehow signed in 2024 with WWE and he and Cody feuded again at a Mania or something or WWE let MJF be MJF. Holy crap. The doors are open for stars to go from WWE to AEW and AEW to WWE. its a good time to be a fan of wrestling. 

@Infected Elite what a week for WWE. Raw seemed kind of lame bu Smackdown was pretty good IMO. Had some call ups. I'm okay with them but I think Dakota Kai and IO should be called up. Unless Dakato Kai is going to beat Mandy Rose for NXT women's championship. It makes sense now why Dakota and Raquel tag championship reign was so short. Looks like Lacey Evans is on her way back with a new look. Can't wait to see her back in the ring. I have only seen a few of her matches I could find on YouTube. 

Now Roman wants Tag titles unified also. I don't like where that is going. A lot of people like him, but I can't get into his character at all. I wonder what kind of push that Gunther will get, now that he is on Smackdown. 

Will we see any call ups on Raw this week? If so who do you think it will be? Let's not forget there was also 2 weddings this week. Carmella's and Alexa Bliss. 

5 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

@Infected Elite what a week for WWE. Raw seemed kind of lame bu Smackdown was pretty good IMO. Had some call ups. I'm okay with them but I think Dakota Kai and IO should be called up. Unless Dakato Kai is going to beat Mandy Rose for NXT women's championship. It makes sense now why Dakota and Raquel tag championship reign was so short. Looks like Lacey Evans is on her way back with a new look. Can't wait to see her back in the ring. I have only seen a few of her matches I could find on YouTube. 

Now Roman wants Tag titles unified also. I don't like where that is going. A lot of people like him, but I can't get into his character at all. I wonder what kind of push that Gunther will get, now that he is on Smackdown. 

Will we see any call ups on Raw this week? If so who do you think it will be? Let's not forget there was also 2 weddings this week. Carmella's and Alexa Bliss. 

Like I've said, i like Romans promos. But he still sucks. Id actually like to see him get hurt and have to be off tv. See Vince panic and scramble. Better yet have him end up having a career ending incident.

Alexa wedding sounds weird,  burger and fries food trucks? pour your own champagne? but they're happy. Def a low budget wedding lol.

I liked Bliss with Fiend but once Wyatt got released cause Vince is stupid, Bliss should have come back as the Goddess and dominate the Raw womens title picture. Best of luck to both Bliss and Carmella in their marriages

Raw sucked aside from Cody saying he will win the title. Hopefully its at Mania, ill take Cody winning a world title at Mania over a Rock vs Roman title feud... they dont need the title involved.

Vince has had to change names twice..Originally Marcel was Ludwig Klaus. which is a nazi who won numerous awards lol..Gunther was going to be something as well at the end of Gunther but thay was a general or something.

I doubt he amounts to much other than fodder for Roman. Would be cool for him to end Roman though after 600+ days as WALTER held the UK title.

In AEW on Wednesday, Max Caster took some decent shots at Joe being a shit nxt champ and injury prone. I really dont give Joe more than a few months before he gets another injury 

Maybe if the fat piece of shit lost some weight and stopped thinking he's in his prime again he wouldn't get hurt... but then again lol 

In terms of call up to raw, there isnt anybody really. Dexter Lumis? lol LA Knight?

Edited by Infected Elite

5 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Like I've said, i like Romans promos. But he still sucks. Id actually love to see him get seriously hurt and have to be off tv. See Vince panic and scramble. Better yet have him end up having a career ending incident.

Alexa wedding sounds weird,  burger and fries food trucks? pour your own champagne? but they're happy. Def a low budget wedding lol.

I liked Bliss with Fiend but once Wyatt got released cause Vince is stupid, Bliss should have come back as the Goddess and dominate the Raw womens title picture. Best of luck to both Bliss and Carmella in their marriages

Raw sucked aside from Cody saying he will win the title. Hopefully its at Mania, ill take Cody winning a world title at Mania over a Rock vs Roman title feud... they dont need the title involved.

Vince has had to change names twice..Originally Marcel was Ludwig Klaus. which is a nazi who won numerous awards lol..Gunther was going to be something as well at the end of Gunther but thay was a general or something.

I doubt he amounts to much other than fodder for Roman. Would be cool for him to end Roman though after 600+ days as WALTER held the UK title.

In AEW on Wednesday, Max Caster took some decent shots at Joe being a shit nxt champ and injury prone. I really dont give Joe more than a few months before he gets another injury 

Maybe if the fat piece of shit lost some weight and stopped thinking he's in his prime again he wouldn't get hurt... but then again lol 

In terms of call up to raw, there isnt anybody really. Dexter Lumis? lol LA Knight?

I wouldn't mind Cody winning the title. Other than that I don't know what this year will hold. I don't get to see AEW. I have seen a little bit on YouTube. Are you referring to Samoa Joe? I did see Toni Storms debut AEW match, but haven't heard anything else about her. 

Every match I have seen of LA Knight, he has lost. I hear people saying he should be called up. Why? 

It's going to be interesting to have Lawler back on commentary while Cory is on his Honeymoon.