The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

2 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Big Swole wasn't great no. My issue isn't Khan thinking that, it is him saying she was great to her face and then burying her later. From what guys like Chavo have said on their dealings with Khan he seems to be the type to talk you up no matter what he thinks of you, but if he feels slighted later he'll say what he really thinks... safely far away from you. 

Not when it comes to the women they aren't. As for overall talent, I sure would expect AEW to be ahead of WWE's developmental show full of green talent.

Ruby Soho needs training on Dark? Riho who I'm no fan of went missing after her reign (not referring to the Corona period). Shida as champion had to pay to get on the show (hyperbole). Thunder Rosa I think is already screwed honestly. Already having issues and even if Tony Khan cared, he appears to be all in on that southern style booking where it is all about a face chasing a heel, and faces holding titles are just a lull before the next heel takes it. The idea of "reps" is fine... but these people on dark just don't get off it. If women (and men) on Dark would eventually get promoted, that was the whole selling of Elevation in fact, that people who did well would get promoted to the next show, then that would be something. If people don't get promoted off Dark then it is just a purgatory.

Rubeaver doesnt have much charisma dude.

As for Khan talking behind their backs, who doesnt? i talk shit to people's face and behind their backs. It's actually more common than you think. In regards to Chavo, there was and still is no need for him. 

Jade Cargill should stay on dark, has she improved? yes but not much. Same with her little groupie section. Kiera Hogan only looked good in impact against Tessa because Tessa can make anyone look good.

Shida as champion was terrible, pandemic aside. She takes a big move and just gets up ready for the next spot. Rosa is good but in terms of most improved 2021/2022, its Conti, but now I wish VanZant would beat her.

I dont watch elevation or dark. I see enough wrestling with Dynamite and Rampage. Honestly Khan should fire a good 20-30 people, scrap elevation, and then between his AEW shows and ROH shows he can have solid rosters. 

Does AEW have issues? yes. Impact? BIG TIME. WWE? BIG TIME. It's common. No fan is ever happy. I don't care who gets pushed up or not yet. In 2 years or so ill start looking to more new stars in AEW as I'd say through 2024, the world title picture is going to be Punk, Kenny, Jay White, Adam Cole, MJF, and thatll be enough probably. WWE will still be promoting that garbage clown Roman as "the best ever". Impact hopefully will be shut down for good, and ROH will grow.

12 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Rubeaver doesnt have much charisma dude.

As for Khan talking behind their backs, who doesnt? i talk shit to people's face and behind their backs. It's actually more common than you think. In regards to Chavo, there was and still is no need for him. 

Jade Cargill should stay on dark, has she improved? yes but not much. Same with her little groupie section. Kiera Hogan only looked good in impact against Tessa because Tessa can make anyone look good.

Shida as champion was terrible, pandemic aside. She takes a big move and just gets up ready for the next spot. Rosa is good but in terms of most improved 2021/2022, its Conti, but now I wish VanZant would beat her.

I dont watch elevation or dark. I see enough wrestling with Dynamite and Rampage. Honestly Khan should fire a good 20-30 people, scrap elevation, and then between his AEW shows and ROH shows he can have solid rosters. 

Does AEW have issues? yes. Impact? BIG TIME. WWE? BIG TIME. It's common. No fan is ever happy. I don't care who gets pushed up or not yet. In 2 years or so ill start looking to more new stars in AEW as I'd say through 2024, the world title picture is going to be Punk, Kenny, Jay White, Adam Cole, MJF, and thatll be enough probably. WWE will still be promoting that garbage clown Roman as "the best ever". Impact hopefully will be shut down for good, and ROH will grow.

I'm going to make your case for you to help you out. You're supposed to say that it was a mistake to sign Ruby Soho and that she is no good. It is completely impossible to justify signing Ruby Soho and putting her on Dark.

Why does how Khan acts matter? Well, I'll address one way that matters further down.

Jade Cargill on dark? You're just trying to wind me up on that one. Jade Cargill should be on every Dynamite in a featured spot. When you look that good, when you have that size and are mobile, you can get by even being green.

Not exactly a fan but you're not really responding to what the issue actually is. Good or bad a champion shouldn't be disappearing off a show like that.

Seems a solid move to do, but remember how Tony Khan acts? The man is too cowardly to fire people unless they've done something serious and he can say he had no choice. It is promoted as him being a "good guy" of course, but the two faced weasel act usually comes with cowardice so I'd say it is that rather than generosity.

Punk? Likely unless he has a paranoia episode. Kenny? His battered body might have caught up with him. Jay White? Can't really trust any people connected to this elite nonsense to be booked well. Adam Cole? Been booked horribly and seems to have lost any ambition to pump any iron and looks horrible out there (and people wonder why reportedly, as it could have been false newz, Vince looked at him and thought manager... speaking of, he is in essence managing two tag teams now on the side you could say). MJF? Possibly, but may go to WWE for more money and to be The Miz's successor (a good spot). As for Roman Reigns... a good number of people think this might be his last run as he might hit up the movies and all that. Roman certainly is good and you're very much in the minority to think he ain't good.

22 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

I'm going to make your case for you to help you out. You're supposed to say that it was a mistake to sign Ruby Soho and that she is no good. It is completely impossible to justify signing Ruby Soho and putting her on Dark.

Why does how Khan acts matter? Well, I'll address one way that matters further down.

Jade Cargill on dark? You're just trying to wind me up on that one. Jade Cargill should be on every Dynamite in a featured spot. When you look that good, when you have that size and are mobile, you can get by even being green.

Not exactly a fan but you're not really responding to what the issue actually is. Good or bad a champion shouldn't be disappearing off a show like that.

Seems a solid move to do, but remember how Tony Khan acts? The man is too cowardly to fire people unless they've done something serious and he can say he had no choice. It is promoted as him being a "good guy" of course, but the two faced weasel act usually comes with cowardice so I'd say it is that rather than generosity.

Punk? Likely unless he has a paranoia episode. Kenny? His battered body might have caught up with him. Jay White? Can't really trust any people connected to this elite nonsense to be booked well. Adam Cole? Been booked horribly and seems to have lost any ambition to pump any iron and looks horrible out there (and people wonder why reportedly, as it could have been false newz, Vince looked at him and thought manager... speaking of, he is in essence managing two tag teams now on the side you could say). MJF? Possibly, but may go to WWE for more money and to be The Miz's successor (a good spot). As for Roman Reigns... a good number of people think this might be his last run as he might hit up the movies and all that. Roman certainly is good and you're very much in the minority to think he ain't good.

So basically you're anti AEW and love NXT 2.0 full of half assed story telling and only 2 worthwhile talents in Mandy Rose and Bron Breakker.

Roman isn't that good. Jade isnt even that good. I have you ignored for a reason. Don't @ me. 

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

So basically you're anti AEW and love NXT 2.0 full of half assed story telling and only 2 worthwhile talents in Mandy Rose and Bron Breakker.

Roman isn't that good. Jade isnt even that good. I have you ignored for a reason. Don't @ me. 

You know, I've been so positive lately due to the fun that is NXT 2.0 that I'm going to just let you go without tearing down that post.

There are two things though that I have to note. First off, if you have me on ignore then why are you reading and responding to my posts? Please kindly have some sliver of integrity and stick to your boycott of my posts, thank you. Second, considering how you talk about Black female wrestlers, the fact that your comments are this mild just shows how much of a undeniable star Jade is.

21 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

You know, I've been so positive lately due to the fun that is NXT 2.0 that I'm going to just let you go without tearing down that post.

There are two things though that I have to note. First off, if you have me on ignore then why are you reading and responding to my posts? Please kindly have some sliver of integrity and stick to your boycott of my posts, thank you. Second, considering how you talk about Black female wrestlers, the fact that your comments are this mild just shows how much of a undeniable star Jade is.

nothin against blacks dude. Sasha is great, Bianca is good but i just dont like her mic work, Ember Moon again has talent, all i said is shes whiny. Tasha Steelz.

Yeah so its nothing against black women. I also said Jade had improved but shes still not that good. I also said i dont like her little bitch squad. Red Velvet sucks, as for Kiera, she didnt need to be relegated to some lackey, and again only looked great when against someone who can put on a good match with anyone, and that woman is Tessa Blanchard.

Anyways good luck to you.

NXT

I really like NXT's special event intros with wrestlers running down the card in some manner. Considering how it is promotion you can even explain why there would for example be cameramen in Toxic Attraction's bedrooms. This event's promoters were Pretty Deadly who have quickly won me over. 

In a shock NXT actually sort of made reference to the releases. Indy was present looking at her ring finger the whole time like Dexter had been killed and the Duke came in trying to get that kiss off the rebound... but alas, Indy is the only woman immune to the Duke's charms. 

Are we going to get wrestlers purposely doing "Sasha face"? The term came about due to Sasha Banks when she is losing a title coming out unhappy and not all that into things. Cameron here came out really not putting much into his entrance and seemed to give off the vibe he was dropping the title... and then retained. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of him retaining here. Bizarre as it might be to a lot of people, Solo Sikoa is massively over with that crowd for whatever reason and should have won the title. Additionally you then have a situation where all 3 men have been champion and beaten each other so you could build up to another triple threat but this time 2 out of 3 falls. 

Nikkita Lyons (and Cora Jade) vs Lash Legend (and Natalya) III, third strike. Once again the titans of the women's division clashed, this time with smaller partners in a tag match. Nikkita's team picked up the win after Natalya by mistake nailed Lash which allowed the faces to hit both their finishes (Cora's finisher seems to be a backsplash off the top). Lash however, even taking two finishers, was quickly up and no selling it after the 3 count. What can keep this woman down? Would Lash Legend be unstoppable if she wrestled 5 count matches? Will this feud continue even though Nikkita is defeating Lash again and again? I can only hope. As I said some posts back. NXT, best of 7. Make it happen.

After a peace summit between the cartel and mafia everything looked look, but that damn no good Santos Escobar stabbed the mafia in the back and attacked Tony D's friend. So... in story what are we supposed to take from this race war and NXT being turf? Are Santos/Tony D moving drugs or whatever through NXT? Are they shaking down people on the roster/in the performance centre for money? 

I liked the woke mob showing up in the crowd for the Bron vs Gacy match. Could do something with that. Match was really nothing special though and we need some extra sizzle here to make Bron vs Gacy interesting once the bell rings. Two stronger members of the Woke mob, who wear red hoods, showed up at the end and took out Bron so this is likely continuing. If nothing else it is good training for Bron because you aren't going to be wrestling the likes of Ciampa or Ziggler all the time on the main roster, you're going to have to work with guys who work differently.

NXT Evolution 2.0

The most I've enjoyed a wrestling show in a long time and it was a whole lot of green talent and the whole card was women's matches. I don't care which of his favourites Meltzer decides to promote this year, Shawn Michaels is the booker of the year for being able to put on fun shows with largely green talent and also for how well he has promoted and done the women's division which Meltzer's favourites either don't have (NJPW) or barely feature but are forced to (AEW). Heck, this is making me wonder if it is going to be Shawn Michaels that takes over the book on the main roster when Vince kicks it. Shawn books the sort of wrestling that Vince is for unlike HHH who supports wrestling that Vince is not a fan of.

On the men's side we got some segments still. Gacy came out and seems to have named his two elite woke mob guys the "Faces of Change". A lot of people think it is the GYV under the hoods and... if they actually get unmasked it'll be bizarre to see them in that sort of role. Meanwhile the gang war between the Mafia and Cartel continued in well done backstage segments. Pure sports entertainment yes, but it is very hypocritical for the crowd who years back would talk up Lucha Underground to bad mouth this. Santos Escobar is pretty much what Andrade wishes he could be and I hope they call Santos up soon because at 38 he doesn't have as much time left as everyone else on NXT does. 

I have to say, I've come around on the Andre Chase stuff. It is a rotten gimmick which should be death but it is working. The face turn (but Chase still having the angry teacher bit) has done him good as has the inclusion of his star student. The addition of Sarray which be maintained as a thing going forward I'd say. 

Cora Jade was in the main event and... ummm... NXT's top female babyface is Cora Jade. AEW's top female heel is Jade Cargil. Truly, it is the generation of Jade.

As for the breakout tournament... I know most people are pulling for Roxanne Perez to get to the final, likely against Nikkita. I'm not. We have the opportunity to have Nikkita Lyons vs Lash Legend IV in the final. Now yes, Nikkita has beaten Lash 3 straight times already... but only just each time, and it is all going to start catching up with Nikkita eventually. Amari Miller had just the 1 match with Lash and she was put out for two months because that is what happens to a normal woman who steps into the ring with the Lash. Nikkita is a big girl so she has been holding up better, but everything has their breaking point. Truly this match up is the irresistible force meets the immovable object. Speaking of Amari Miller, good to see her back, hopefully the oddly competitive match she had with Alba Fyre means they'll have her be more than a jobber going forward as she is a great looking young babyface. I was a bit surprised that Alba didn't get Kay Lee Ray chants, maybe the entrance and new gear cancelled them out. 

• Like 1

Sasha and Naomi got into a spot of bother on RAW, big news. I hope it all goes well for them, and I imagine it will. Sasha is big time and Naomi is family to Roman.

NXT 2.0

Solo Sikoa continues to be massively over, just straight up the crowd chanting for him near all match. He looked strong in the match and got the pin as he should. Strap him up and give the crowd what they want.

Is Tatum Paxley's finisher the Electric Chair? Went for the thing 3 times and failed on each because Lash Legend is a whole lot of woman. The result was never in doubt as it shouldn't have been, Lash may have jobbed three straight times to Nikkita, but that doesn't make her a jobber for losing to the maybe top face at this point. Roxanne her next opponent might beat Lash to set up a babyface match in the final with Nikkita but... sorry no. If Nikkita and Lash keep clashing then it'll mean WWE are indeed doing my suggestion to make it a best of 7. This would be their 4th match, though if you discount the tag then it'd be the 3rd. On one hand Nikkita should really win... but Lash does need to pick up a win over her at some point... ummm... on the show Elektra did badmouth Roxanne and told her that Lash was going to beat her. They've also made it clear that the winner gets a shot at either the singles or tag title... could be Elektra interferes in the final to help Lash win with the understanding that Lash will choose to have a shot at the tag titles. That'd make some level of sense I guess... or... we do it even better. Nikkita and Lash have their finals, it is a war as always, and afterwards after gaining so much respect for each other in their fights they choose to go for the tag titles together as monster babyfaces who squash Toxic Attraction. 

Brutus Creed needs to drop the cannonball because bloody hell. Boy is going to break his arse or ankles with that thing. He bounced off the floor and seemed to legitimately not be able to remain on his feet under his own power for a period of time. Having the challengers for the titles lose a match before their title match is usually bad booking but I'm not too fussed, all part of the story with Strong.

Sarray has seemingly joined Chase U. Good for her. 

Strong if he was smart/cared would try and get someone in WWE to help him out with promos because, and it ain't all his fault because some people just do not have the voice for this stuff, but he needs so much work in that department. 

Sanga is back next week because Wes Lee took offense at him saying that Von Wagner is a bad dude for picking on people smaller than him. Sanga seems to be a face now which is good because if they want an Indian superstar then BOOK THEM AS FACES! 

Gang war story is continuing well. This the first time I can recall that Tony has been booed. The people do seem to really like Legado.

Gacy claims that winning the NXT title will allow him to not only control the brand, but the world. Why not. Something I'll say is a really like the camera work they do with Gacy which combined with his facials is great stuff. That Legado/D'Angelo family segment a while back was also shot really well. As for the match stipulation itself, some people have taken issue with it being added to the match that if Bron is DQed then he loses the title... but could you believe Gacy has a chance if not for that? If they are going to rush Bron to the main roster then this is a good way to get the title off him without him actually doing a job for another guy.

Hoping Sasha and Naomi get released. Or forced to sit out the rest of their contracts. Just because work doesn't go your way, you don't throw a hissy fit and walk out. Naomi probably followed Sasha, and Sasha has done cried enough times in the past, but honestly losing these 2 wouldn't hurt the women's division at all.

Trim the fat.

4 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm tired of hearing shit like this honestly. Looking forward to seeing them on AEW tonight and WWE going into a downward spiral that they can't climb out of 1f644.png

Can WWE just go out of business already so I don't have to hear about this shit anymore? kthxbye

Blame Roza. he keeps giving massive updates on crap.

Also WWE put everything into Roman. No plan B if the idiot gets injured. 

Seem to have rumbled yourself there @SelectiveGamer. Okay good, this silly gimmick you have of stating that WWE is doomed makes more sense if you're a big AEW mark. As I have told you before and will again as I'm responding to you anyway. WWE is making more money than ever before. WWE hasn't been in any sort of trouble in a very long time. Anyone who goes to WWE is either misused or simply doesn't mean much. Also, you don't just leave a show and get on another the next day unless your contract timed out and for whatever reason they used you until your final day. Contracts exist. 

Drop the gimmick kid, rotten stuff. Take a shower, hit the weights, get a clue.

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Hoping Sasha and Naomi get released. Or forced to sit out the rest of their contracts. Just because work doesn't go your way, you don't throw a hissy fit and walk out. Naomi probably followed Sasha, and Sasha has done cried enough times in the past, but honestly losing these 2 wouldn't hurt the women's division at all.

Trim the fat.

What fat? The women's division on the main roster has never been more barren in the modern day. You should try and keep up with things so you don't keep revealing yourself as being ignorant. Your response to Sasha and Naomi standing up to management is very telling because your type is obvious. You're no doubt one of those "People should stand up to Vince" yet react like this. As I said, telling.

36 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Blame Roza. he keeps giving massive updates on crap.

Also WWE put everything into Roman. No plan B if the idiot gets injured. 

I rarely speak about main roster WWE or AEW though...?

Random Roman hate again. Dull. Perhaps it wasn't he took your girl which got you mad, maybe you just really hate Samoans. Perhaps more likely a reason why you want him dead/heavily hurt as you've said in the past.

3 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Seem to have rumbled yourself there @SelectiveGamer. Okay good, this silly gimmick you have of stating that WWE is doomed makes more sense if you're a big AEW mark. As I have told you before and will again as I'm responding to you anyway. WWE is making more money than ever before. WWE hasn't been in any sort of trouble in a very long time. Anyone who goes to WWE is either misused or simply doesn't mean much. Also, you don't just leave a show and get on another the next day unless your contract timed out and for whatever reason they used you until your final day. Contracts exist. 

Drop the gimmick kid, rotten stuff. Take a shower, hit the weights, get a clue.

What fat? The women's division on the main roster has never been more barren in the modern day. You should try and keep up with things so you don't keep revealing yourself as being ignorant. Your response to Sasha and Naomi standing up to management is very telling because your type is obvious. You're no doubt one of those "People should stand up to Vince" yet react like this. As I said, telling.

I rarely speak about main roster WWE or AEW though...?

Random Roman hate again. Dull. Perhaps it wasn't he took your girl which got you mad, maybe you just really hate Samoans. Perhaps more likely a reason why you want him dead/heavily hurt as you've said in the past.

Ive never said people should stand up to Vince. I can barely sit through WWE its all about the bloodline. Yeah Cody is back, give it a year and they screw that up. Ronda already was mishandled at Mania. Sure she's champ now.

You just love to argue plain and simple. You're like a Christian, its your opinion or no opinion. 

As far as Naomi, i never saw the appeal to her. In terms of Banks, she has tremendous talent, she's just got attitude issues when things don't go her way. In terms of Roman, i don't hate Samoans because i like Dwayne, i like Solo Sikoa, I like Usos. Romans booking is just Brock 2.0. He has no worthy challengers anytime soon. Dont even try and tell me McIntyre because hes been wasted in a feud with Zayn and Corbin. Nakamura is so far lost in WWE its embarrassing. So yea maybe a fresh champ would be nice hence why i hate Roman.

You do realise it is a scripted show right? 

AEW has flaws too, i just enjoy the wrestling on it more. Unless this ROH thing happens and blows up soon, AEW has a massively stacked roster and yea they could lose a few as well. 

Wrestling isnt a perfect business by any stretch of the imagination and it never will be.

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Ive never said people should stand up to Vince. I can barely sit through WWE its all about the bloodline. Yeah Cody is back, give it a year and they screw that up. Ronda already was mishandled at Mania. Sure she's champ now.

You just love to argue plain and simple. You're like a Christian, its your opinion or no opinion. 

As far as Naomi, i never saw the appeal to her. In terms of Banks, she has tremendous talent, she's just got attitude issues when things don't go her way. In terms of Roman, i don't hate Samoans because i like Dwayne, i like Solo Sikoa, I like Usos. Romans booking is just Brock 2.0. He has no worthy challengers anytime soon. Dont even try and tell me McIntyre because hes been wasted in a feud with Zayn and Corbin. Nakamura is so far lost in WWE its embarrassing. So yea maybe a fresh champ would be nice hence why i hate Roman.

You do realise it is a scripted show right? 

AEW has flaws too, i just enjoy the wrestling on it more. Unless this ROH thing happens and blows up soon, AEW has a massively stacked roster and yea they could lose a few as well. 

Wrestling isnt a perfect business by any stretch of the imagination and it never will be.

Up to a year for you huh, I suppose saying a week or month at this point would be pretty silly. That is something at least. Just constant negativity. Cody literally has "countdowns to Cody" on the show. They're all in on him clearly. You should be happy, Cody is basically the only person on the roster who could perhaps defeat super heel Roman. Though really, please stop mucking this place up with this sort of overdone and boring talk. You know what I could say about AEW's booking and the dozens of people they've handled horribly? A lot, but I'll let you off because as I said. Positivity > Negativity. You should watch NXT 2.0. It might make you happy for once. AEW apparently doesn't.

I'm the one who loves to argue? You're the one who keeps picking fights with me for whatever reason, likely because I used to point out all the terrible flaws AEW has that the marks love to ignore because it ain't WWE. AEW has a thread. Go there and share all your happy thoughts about it and then perhaps others can share theirs and you can all be happy regarding little Tony's playhouse. Can you do that? Be positive? Trust me, it ain't good to be this negative all the time. Hurts you.

It is a big roster that much is true. "Stacked" in the sense of being good is another thing entirely. Whatever the talent, you got to be able to take advantage of it and I'll say no more than that.

NXT 2.0

Is Lyons injury shoot or kayfabe? Reads more kayfabe than shoot to me right now with how muted it is and the fact it has not been said what it is... though if it is Kayfabe... why not have Lash be the one to put her out? I'm heavily disappointed as I wanted the madness that would be a Nikkita vs Lash finals and a continuing of the best of 7 series. With Nikkita removed I knew at that point that Lash, with her nemesis out, was not going to be as motivated to beat her opponent. As standard with Lash, she completely no sold the finisher after getting beat. Lash would be unstoppable in 5 count or last woman standing matches.

Sanga won his first match and seems to be some manner of little man protector, not being a fan of other big men picking on smaller people. Finally, someone was smart enough to realise that if you want an ethnic hero wrestler then you should make them I don't know, a face and not a heel. Funnily enough this is contrasted with his former tag partner, Veer, who on RAW does nothing but beat down smaller people.

Tiffany Stratton keeps improving and is the type of person WWE is looking for, someone who improves extremely quickly as they are naturals. She likely will lose in the finals but nevertheless, it is almost certain she will be something in the future.

Strong not on the show because of the storyline or he causing trouble as he wants out supposedly? Not sure how I feel about the tag match coming up between Pretty Deadly and Creeds. Both teams are in essence in "must win" situations. Best result is probably Strong getting involved and attacking the Creeds so they are protected in their loss to Pretty Deadly.

Turf war continues. Tony implies that he might get another goon in their next sit down meeting. Interestingly on the show they showed vignettes for an Italian guy debuting soon, a Giovanni Vinci, but rather than a mobster he is a high class fashionable man. Likely the former Fabian Aichner. We'll see what he can do with it, might well be good for his career down the line being broken away from Imperium.

• 2 weeks later...

NXT 2.0

It was good to see Pretty Deadly in the ring again. I liked the spot where Prince messes with Damon which then lead Damon into going into quite a tear which certainly had some fun energy to it. I think him and his more famous brother likely certainly could be exciting in the ring... but they are both so massively unprepared for the charisma and talking part of things which in the WWE is especially important that... yeah. Doesn't help they've stuck him in Diamond Mine which is just full of bad talkers. Ivy Nile as good as she is loses a lot of her star power once she speaks due to her voice. Strong, the leader and veteran is having to do more talking than he has ever done and is just not a good example to the people in his group as they're learning nothing on the charisma/speaking end of things. The Creeds are the best talkers by default even if largely by virtue of not being automatically hurt by their voices. Back to the match I'm not a fan of Pretty Deadly's finish as they have like 3-4 moves that'd be better finishers and "Spilt Milk" as they call it has zero impact.

A QUINCY sighting is always nice.

I'm intrigued by the added stipulation to the gang warfare feud that whoever loses has to join the others faction. I'm unsure who'd win that... Legato has had the upper hand thus far so generally in wrestling that actually means that the D'Angelo Family should be winning, but who knows. I'd have D'Angelo go over if no other reason that he is significantly younger than Santos. Depending on how long they're keeping Bron down in NXT he could well be the next champion with a faction that large. I mean D'Angelo will be able to have 6! heels ringside for his matches.

Sanga continues to be a good guy. This is a good spot. It is so nice to have a nice giant for once.

Roxanne likely is winning as she is extremely talented, if undersized, but her package got hilariously torn apart by Tiffany Stratton who herself has such massive potential. 

• Like 1

I've been getting back into the old 90's Attitude Era and watching documentaries of that time and shoot interviews from Bret Hart, Stone Cold, Mick Foley, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels etc. It's really fascinating hearing all these old backstage stories as an adult now when it kinda flew over my head back when I was a kid watching those matches back in the 90's as back then, kayfabe was still very much alive and well and the curtain hadn't been completely lifted yet. As well as reading up on the in depth WCW vs. WWF Monday night wars. Those were the days. 

3 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

I've been getting back into the old 90's Attitude Era and watching documentaries of that time and shoot interviews from Bret Hart, Stone Cold, Mick Foley, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels etc. It's really fascinating hearing all these old backstage stories as an adult now when it kinda flew over my head back when I was a kid watching those matches back in the 90's as back then, kayfabe was still very much alive and well and the curtain hadn't been completely lifted yet. As well as reading up on the in depth WCW vs. WWF Monday night wars. Those were the days. 

I was too young back then to really know what was going on at the time. 

I’ve been watching those old matches with The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin. WWE knew how to build up rivalries. 

If I can find a wrestling product that is half as good as the WWE was, I’m an automatic subscriber.

4 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I was too young back then to really know what was going on at the time. 

I’ve been watching those old matches with The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin. WWE knew how to build up rivalries. 

If I can find a wrestling product that is half as good as the WWE was, I’m an automatic subscriber.

Nah, I don't think anybody alive to have witnessed the Attitude Era as it happened will find any of the new wrestling half as good as that was. That was the peak. Mid-card guys received bigger pop back then than the biggest superstars of today do. It was just a different time. 

Wrestling was designed for that period. Before social media and the rise of the internet and everything else. Once they ushered in the PG era, that was the final nail in the coffin for wrestling for me. 

3 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Nah, I don't think anybody alive to have witnessed the Attitude Era as it happened will find any of the new wrestling half as good as that was. That was the peak. Mid-card guys received bigger pop back then than the biggest superstars of today do. It was just a different time. 

Wrestling was designed for that period. Before social media and the rise of the internet and everything else. Once they ushered in the PG era, that was the final nail in the coffin for wrestling for me. 

I was in my mid/late teens during the attitude era and I'm now a huge AEW fan (don't worry, not trying to recruit or anything).  I also have a different memory of the era though.  The top of the card was an anomaly to me, you had 3 "once in a generation" stars (Rock, Austin and Taker) all together at once on top of mega stars of the, kinda, past (Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart etc.) and future (HHH, Kurt Angle).  I wasn't ever really a fan of Rock or Austin, I won't deny the charisma and I get why they rose to the level they did, they just weren't for me so I'm sure that's a huge part of it.  I also don't remember the mid-card being that strong (Val Venis, Godfather, the hand birth) it just didn't matter because of the amount of star power they could put on every show.

10 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

I still think other wrestling products have the potential to be good though. I’ve been a long time viewer of UFC. Comparing apples with oranges here, but it’s probably the most exciting thing I watch that’s modern and relevant. 

Linda McMahon’s political run had Vince change the product to PG, and that was basically it. 

These days I find podcasts like this one far more entertaining….

I love this man to death.

19 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

I was in my mid/late teens during the attitude era and I'm now a huge AEW fan (don't worry, not trying to recruit or anything).  I also have a different memory of the era though.  The top of the card was an anomaly to me, you had 3 "once in a generation" stars (Rock, Austin and Taker) all together at once on top of mega stars of the, kinda, past (Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart etc.) and future (HHH, Kurt Angle).  I wasn't ever really a fan of Rock or Austin, I won't deny the charisma and I get why they rose to the level they did, they just weren't for me so I'm sure that's a huge part of it.  I also don't remember the mid-card being that strong (Val Venis, Godfather, the hand birth) it just didn't matter because of the amount of star power they could put on every show.

When I say midcard, I was thinking Hardy Boyz, Edge & Christian, all those classic TLC matches they put on back in the early 00's and even into the Ruthless Aggression era. The Brood and that whole gimmick was amazing. Gangrel's entrance and gimmick still remains one of my favorites of all time. There were just great storylines and rivalries all up and down that card at that time. The star power was just off the charts. 

Modern wrestling can have that same star power, they just need to give the wrestlers more creative freedom to do what they want with their character and not be limited to reading off a script all the time and following that script even during matches. It makes the whole product sterile and lifeless. As much of an oxymoron it is to say it but it's too scripted and controlled nowadays and it shows greatly. 

Edited by mega-tallica

18 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

These days I find podcasts like this one far more entertaining….

I've been obsessed with Bret Hart interviews. That guy was a magician in the ring and had an understanding of what the fans want to see in wrestling than most other guys. Him talking candidly about the Montreal Screwjob, trashing crappy wrestlers like Goldberg who cut his career short by concussing him with a botched kick, and his time in WCW where they completely wasted his star power because the WCW creative team was absolutely clueless. Stuff that happened 25 years in the past, still fascinating to hear today from the perspective of an insider. How cutthroat and messed up everything was behind the scenes but yet you would never know it watching the show they still managed to put on. 

14 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

When I say midcard, I was thinking Hardy Boyz, Edge & Christian, all those classic TLC matches they put on back in the early 00's and even into the Ruthless Aggression era. The Brood and that whole gimmick was amazing. Gangrel's entrance and gimmick still remains one of my favorites of all time. There were just great storylines and rivalries all up and down that card at that time. The star power was just off the charts. 

Modern wrestling can have that same star power, they just need to give the wrestlers more creative freedom to do what they want with their character and not be limited to reading off a script all the time and following that script even during matches. It makes the whole product sterile and lifeless. As much of an oxymoron it is to say it but it's too scripted and controlled nowadays and it shows greatly. 

I'll give you the Hardyz, E&C and the Dudley's as the tag division was also pretty sweet back then, it's the mid-card singles workers from the AE that I've always thought were overrated and just get a pass because of the period they wrestled in.