The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

On 6/3/2022 at 7:39 AM, mega-tallica said:

I don't see any harm in watching older shoot interviews about stuff that happened well in the past and is no longer relevant at all to the current product. The beauty of the older stuff is that you can get the perspectives of everybody involved and formulate your own conclusions on what happened based on everybody's testimony combined. 

The curtain has already been completely lifted, there is no way to completely shut it out and pretend that everything happening in the ring is organic and just blindly go along with the script. 

This is why I say wrestling, as an entertainment medium, was meant for the 90's and before the internet and social media which blew the whole facade wide open. Like Seinfeld, how many storylines in Seinfeld could've been squashed if cell phones existed back then? There's a reason all those old-school wrestlers took kayfabe so seriously because they knew once it got blown open, the whole lure and mystique of wrestling would go with it. Not saying everybody in the 90's thought wrestling was real because that's definitely not true but it was just more easily protected and hidden and as a kid back then, I could totally attest to the fact I thought wrestling was real. I thought wrestling was real up until I was about 10 years old. Now, even kids know it's all scripted. 

Modern wrestling could still be enjoyable though even knowing all the backstage politics that go on. You just have to have a product that intrigues people enough to supersede that knowledge. If it's good enough, you'd easily forget the fact the stuff is scripted because you're being entertained so well. Distracting yourself from a distraction. Hard to do in this age, but possible. 

This should be second nature to everybody. Anybody can go watch old vintage material on YouTube. It is readily available to everyone, including us and including the Zoomer generation who weren't around to see this stuff happen first hand.

I posted that podcast because I love Chris Jericho, but someone else may have a differing view of him. But up until the internet became mainstream, it was very hard for an outsider to really see what was going on behind the scenes. Stone Cold Steve Austin did some bad stuff that I didn't know about until over a decade later after it happened, and that was when the news broke out about it. As a kid, I couldn't of cared less. He was a great performer and at age 11, I was hooked to the WWF product partly because of him and Triple H.

Note: I'm referring to when it was called WWF, not WWE as it stands today.

On 6/3/2022 at 8:01 AM, Rozalia1 said:

As for the matches... it would be good if more people tried to maintain kayfabe during those too. Whenever you see a bunch of goofs outside a ring waiting around for ages for whichever fool to moonsault on top of them, well, that just screams "this is fake" doesn't it. WWE wrestlers being better trained tend to be better in respect to this, but Indy/AEW guys are a nightmare on this aspect.

They started doing acrobatic stuff back in the 1990s. Older people tend to blame acrobatics as helping ruin wrestling, but this is just biased thinking from an older generation who think that most everything that came before was better.

Incredibly easy to do nowadays with YouTube and the entire internet giving you a glimpse of the past with just a couple swipes and a couple mouse clicks.

Edited by AJ_Radio

WWE Main Roster

I don't think there has been a wrestler in WWE as low as Cedric is currently. Ali, who WWE on purpose wants to make look like a loser and weakling by having him beaten again and again... looks 10x stronger than Cedric does. His sneak attacks are legendary in how ineffective they are as victims of them simply no sell all of his offense and dispose of him, and now it has been shown that Cedric can't even beat a manager in a match. 

Elias made his big return and it was great stuff. Seems like he might have another match next week before he drifts away again.

Vince McMahon. Just Vince McMahon. Him coming out on Smackdown was one thing, but to make a surprise appearance on RAW was another. Just straight up taunting with his presence all of the people who hate him and telling them that all this stuff going down is nothing and he is untouchable. I'm not surprised that Vince has taken this approach, and anyone who is either not aware enough of who Vince is, or has gotten so used to the modern person/company that instantly wilts to pressure and lets online mobs walk over them that they're shocked whenever someone just gives them the middle finger and tells them to try and take him out. The "backlash" to him acting like this has been Smackdown and RAW doing high numbers, funnily enough at a time that AEW is getting record lows (Smackdown's bump in ratings was almost as large as everyone who watched Rampage).

NXT 2.0

I was surprised they had Waller go over Sikoa, but I was suppose they want to make the title match with Carmelo a multi-man match so they can then do the singles match between him and Sikoa afterwards.

Roxanne going after the tag titles occurs as many, including myself, predicted. They do need to clear up some things because is the contract actually getting used? They literally got put into a number 1 contenders match which... if they have the contract then they need to have no such match.

I know I'm one of the few, and I know that it certainly isn't good for her opponents, but just keep giving me more Lash Legend. You thought Alba Fyre would get an easy win here? Nah, Lash getting a rare DQ (after it happened it dawned on me how much less DQs happen in NXT compared to the main roster) to protect herself. Hopefully the protection is because they need to keep her strong so they can continue her epic best of X with Nikita who returns next week. Sure, Nikita may win near enough all of their matches together, but just you wait until Lash gets a win. She'll be crowing about how nobody can beat Lash 17 times in a row like nobody else on that roster can.

I hope the D'Angelo story isn't getting dropped due to them losing a member and D'Angelo apparently being hurt. There are ways to keep it going in the background.

• Like 1

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/06/nxt-ratings-highest-demo-6-21-2022/

I'm going to be brief. I was right on the direction NXT needed to go in. Many thanks to Tony Khan for causing Vince to finally take a look at what a terrible job HHH was doing, and if Dunn/Prichard/Ace/Khan helped in that then many thanks to them too. Speaking of the so called booker of the year, Shawn Michaels is the real booker of the year for his booking of NXT 2.0.

HHH is also apparently back in NXT. Hopefully he will stick to simply being a mentor and nothing more.

9 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Legal sharks are circling WWE after the Vince story came out.

This still won't make any difference and cause the 'change' that everyone seems to be crying for

Always happens in notable cases, means little to nothing.

Who is "everyone"? The people wanting Vince gone and hating him are very clearly a minority of people. 

Edited by Rozalia1

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit Liv Morgan!

I'm happy but again that's a waste of womens MITB briefcase. 

Morgan pinning Ronda and Ronda actually hugging saying you deserve this, makes me wonder if Ronda takes a break for awhile or is done. Sure theres the 1 v 1 Ronda vs Becky but meh.

She got her match with Natalya she wanted.

Lets hope Liv gets a good 3-4 month reign. She can be in the chase for again come Mania.

If that's it for Ronda, thank-you. I read a report recently she came back won rumble and was intended to be a heel, cut that promo on Raw. But Vince being Vince decided "ah they cheered big once. you need to be smiley and a good guy". Honestly more money in Heel Ronda imo, but whatever.

Liv winning was good. Something shocking. I expected her to cash in on Ripley once Ripley dethroned the worst-est promo in WWE Bianca.

Theory added to MITB was a great shock, as i think for whatever reason when Pierce said 1 more, they wanted Rhodes even though hes not cleared. Theory being added fits his character. Kid has a ton of upswing in his future. Rollins and McIntyre dont need MITB to challenge Reigns.

Theory can cash in and win whenever.  Maybe even hold it PAST Mania 39. Beat Cena CLEAN at Mania. Win title later after Mania 39 happens. Build him more. If Reigns is leaving, and Cena wanting to pass the torch to Theory and Vince legitimately behind him as a future star, what better way than to strap a rocket to his back. I expect to see Theory in the main event or one of them at Mania 40.

FB_IMG_1656818543549.jpg

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Holy shit Liv Morgan!

I'm happy but again that's a waste of womens MITB briefcase. 

Morgan pinning Ronda and Ronda actually hugging saying you deserve this, makes me wonder if Ronda takes a break for awhile or is done. Sure theres the 1 v 1 Ronda vs Becky but meh.

She got her match with Natalya she wanted.

Lets hope Liv gets a good 3-4 month reign. She can be in the chase for again come Mania.

If that's it for Ronda, thank-you. I read a report recently she came back won rumble and was intended to be a heel, cut that promo on Raw. But Vince being Vince decided "ah they cheered big once. you need to be smiley and a good guy". Honestly more money in Heel Ronda imo, but whatever.

Liv winning was good. Something shocking. I expected her to cash in on Ripley once Ripley dethroned the worst-est promo in WWE Bianca.

Theory added to MITB was a great shock, as i think for whatever reason when Pierce said 1 more, they wanted Rhodes even though hes not cleared. Theory being added fits his character. Kid has a ton of upswing in his future. Rollins and McIntyre dont need MITB to challenge Reigns.

Theory can cash in and win whenever.  Maybe even hold it PAST Mania 39. Beat Cena CLEAN at Mania. Win title later after Mania 39 happens. Build him more. If Reigns is leaving, and Cena wanting to pass the torch to Theory and Vince legitimately behind him as a future star, what better way than to strap a rocket to his back. I expect to see Theory in the main event or one of them at Mania 40.

FB_IMG_1656818543549.jpg

I honestly thought after Carmella attacked Biance after their match that it was sitting up for Liv to cash in. After it didn't happen, I was thinking Okay she is going to hold on to it. I had though if she won and Rhea beat Bianca then that would be when she would cash in. I am happy that Liv is finally a champion. Hopefully her reign is better than what they did with Nikki last year. I don't know how much Nikki was over with the fans but I know Liv really is.

For me the tag team match was the match of the night for me.

I'm not a fan of Theory, but I do see the potential and can see why they are giving him the push.

The fear with Liv is that yeah, Charlotte is a buzzsaw. We saw what happened to Nikki Ash when she ran into Charlotte, where as champion she was made to look like a joke and not on Charlotte's level. Granted, Liv has a lot more fan support, seems very liked backstage, and is more marketable. They do need to improve Liv's credibility going forward certainly as Liv for a start seems to have the roster's worst finisher for how often and easily it gets countered... plus also being a silly move anyway. A flatliner to an opponent on the ropes? What advantage is gained from the opponent being on the ropes? All it does is also opponents to easily counter the move by you know, just holding on to the ropes.

I'm pleased that they have kept this Theory push going because we all know how easy it is for WWE to drop a push for a new star. I have noticed that among a certain crowd Theory is getting some hate for being a "chosen one", but thankfully that group of hate watchers has dwindled heavily to where they are largely irrelevant. Theory has a good look, personality, size, youth, and is a prodigy in the ring. Has the air of being Orton's successor in WWE. As for if he uses the briefcase soon or holds onto it for a long time... on one hand Roman has been unbeatable. On the other it would make some sense to transfer the titles, or at least the WWE title (No need to even beat Roman considering how easily justifiable it'd be for Roman to just let Theory have it after Vince calls in a favour), to Theory so you can run the story for Wrestlemania of "the unwanted Cody Rhodes vs Vince's handpicked champion".

Edited by Rozalia1

Bittersweet stuff with Liv winning.

I mean the build up was good. People was pissed off after her putting aside in the matches over and over so the hype when she showed up was fantastic.

But, idk, you can say it is because we are in post pandemic times but the celebration after she won the title was opaque. As I said I kinda understand she didn't celebrate with the public but not even one close up from the public during replays, really?

At least it's not the worst female mitb, that goes to Nicki and the best to Bayley.

Is Theory any good? I've been out of watching wrestling for so long and just glimpsing at the odd major results, I'm really falling behind on a lot of the new talent on the main roster. Only saw glimpses when he was Austin Theory. I had no idea who 'Madcap Moss' was either.

Liv was always going to get pushed at some point and get a title run just for sticking around, due to being a loyal performer for the company like Naomi (well...perhaps not so much now with the recent walking out), Natalya, Carmella etc but not be that big star in the division like Ronda/Becky/Bianca/Sasha/Charlotte. Although never thought she would go over Ronda, if a rematch does happen I can only see Ronda winning the belt back. 

I'm happy for Liv Morgan. Really. I am. LONG overdue. But there's no chance in hell (haha) that she gets out of this month with the title. She'll lose it to either Charlotte, Bayley, or Ronda in a rematch at SummerSlam.

Also I feel like they are pushing Theory FAR too fast. The only viable outcome here is a failed cash in. Cody needs to be the one to topple Reigns. End of story.

13 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm happy for Liv Morgan. Really. I am. LONG overdue. But there's no chance in hell (haha) that she gets out of this month with the title. She'll lose it to either Charlotte, Bayley, or Ronda in a rematch at SummerSlam.

Also I feel like they are pushing Theory FAR too fast. The only viable outcome here is a failed cash in. Cody needs to be the one to topple Reigns. End of story.

Plan is heel Ronda vs Liv at SummerSlam but Ronda also insisted she dropped to Liv (Rondas camera dude spoiled it in the crowd lol).

Theory may be the guy who cashes in on Rhodes after he "finally wins it for daddy" 

2 hours ago, Glorious Fury said:

Is Theory any good? I've been out of watching wrestling for so long and just glimpsing at the odd major results, I'm really falling behind on a lot of the new talent on the main roster. Only saw glimpses when he was Austin Theory. I had no idea who 'Madcap Moss' was either.

Liv was always going to get pushed at some point and get a title run just for sticking around, due to being a loyal performer for the company like Naomi (well...perhaps not so much now with the recent walking out), Natalya, Carmella etc but not be that big star in the division like Ronda/Becky/Bianca/Sasha/Charlotte. Although never thought she would go over Ronda, if a rematch does happen I can only see Ronda winning the belt back. 

Theory was one of the few people from HHH's NXT that Vince kept and while HHH had Theory as a comedy jobber, Vince promoted him to the upper midcard and has given him a good spot on the main roster. Jim Cornette for... 2 years now? Has raved about Theory like he does for Bron, FTR, and other favourites of his. There are however a group of wrestling fans, maybe simply hating (they tend to be AEW marks) or being "untrained eyes" (considering some of the people they think are good in the ring and certainly aren't) who think that he is nothing special because he ain't doing silly stuff.

Madcap Moss was a guy down in NXT a long while serving as a jobber and that HHH did nothing with or for. In 2020 he was randomly promoted to the main roster (I'm not checking, but I imagine like a number of NXT guys at the time he had a dark match and Vince saw a rare NXT 1.0 guy with size and a good look and promoted him). He was later paired up with Corbin to serve as his lackey and built towards a face turn which has been successful. Has good energy to him, decent in the ring, and seems to be liked in the back. A notable incident that earned him a lot of respect was in a match with McIntyre he took a nasty bump that could have easily broken his neck, but thankfully didn't and he even continued the match which as we know goes down massively well with Vince himself also as he loves that sort of toughness.

Liv actually has an interesting stat going for her this year. She has the most matches for the women (including the men she is only behind Riddle by a handful of matches), the most wins of any of the women but also the most losses of any of the women. As for her losing the title to someone... the one it'd make the most sense would be Rhea, who is currently injured, as they have an in built story and before being injured it was likely they were going to have Rhea go over Bianca for one of the Women's titles.

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Plan is heel Ronda vs Liv at SummerSlam but Ronda also insisted she dropped to Liv (Rondas camera dude spoiled it in the crowd lol).

Theory may be the guy who cashes in on Rhodes after he "finally wins it for daddy" 

Some people think this is Ronda trying to get some respect/make up for previous incidents from the locker room by showing she ain't selfish. Possible, but even if so, as Charlotte has shown, it doesn't really matter what the other women think about you running them over constantly so she didn't need to do that.

I really hope not as it'd be so deflating. A good compromise that would be perfect would be to have Theory cash in, lose, but then as he is Vince's boy have Vince make some excuse to give the case back to Theory (faulty refereeing, Roman who now respects Cody interfering, whatever).

2 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I don't disagree on Cody being the one who should topple Reigns. Why do you feel Theory is being pushed too fast though? He is a prodigy and has already spent time in NXT.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Theory was one of the few people from HHH's NXT that Vince kept and while HHH had Theory as a comedy jobber, Vince promoted him to the upper midcard and has given him a good spot on the main roster. Jim Cornette for... 2 years now? Has raved about Theory like he does for Bron, FTR, and other favourites of his. There are however a group of wrestling fans, maybe simply hating (they tend to be AEW marks) or being "untrained eyes" (considering some of the people they think are good in the ring and certainly aren't) who think that he is nothing special because he ain't doing silly stuff.

Madcap Moss was a guy down in NXT a long while serving as a jobber and that HHH did nothing with or for. In 2020 he was randomly promoted to the main roster (I'm not checking, but I imagine like a number of NXT guys at the time he had a dark match and Vince saw a rare NXT 1.0 guy with size and a good look and promoted him). He was later paired up with Corbin to serve as his lackey and built towards a face turn which has been successful. Has good energy to him, decent in the ring, and seems to be liked in the back. A notable incident that earned him a lot of respect was in a match with McIntyre he took a nasty bump that could have easily broken his neck, but thankfully didn't and he even continued the match which as we know goes down massively well with Vince himself also as he loves that sort of toughness.

Liv actually has an interesting stat going for her this year. She has the most matches for the women (including the men she is only behind Riddle by a handful of matches), the most wins of any of the women but also the most losses of any of the women. As for her losing the title to someone... the one it'd make the most sense would be Rhea, who is currently injured, as they have an in built story and before being injured it was likely they were going to have Rhea go over Bianca for one of the Women's titles.

Some people think this is Ronda trying to get some respect/make up for previous incidents from the locker room by showing she ain't selfish. Possible, but even if so, as Charlotte has shown, it doesn't really matter what the other women think about you running them over constantly so she didn't need to do that.

I really hope not as it'd be so deflating. A good compromise that would be perfect would be to have Theory cash in, lose, but then as he is Vince's boy have Vince make some excuse to give the case back to Theory (faulty refereeing, Roman who now respects Cody interfering, whatever).

I don't disagree on Cody being the one who should topple Reigns. Why do you feel Theory is being pushed too fast though? He is a prodigy and has already spent time in NXT.

Well Charlotte being gone is a good thing. Let Ronda be heel, lose by DQ to Liv or something. Keep Liv on SD and hold the belt until Nov. Lose to Charlotte, win womens rumble and beat Charlotte at.Mania 39. Meanwhile Ronda can go kick Beckys head in at Mania 39.

Theory, i just saw someone have well, a Theory. Roman beats Brock, Theory comes out and asks to cash in. Roman hands him the WWE Title per Vince's orders. Titles are split again.

Seems Romans next challengers will be Drew at Clash Castle whatever, and then Seth. I always figured if Cody wins the title, he should win off Seth BUT have Cody go 4-0 on Seth? ehh.

As for handing titles, Eric did it with HHH in 2002. 

Either way i hope Theory has a successful cash in and win. Bout time.WWE starts making new stars and letting them have lengthy runs (2-6+ months depending on reactions etc).

One day they wont have Drew, Orton, Roman, Brock. They'll need to focus on more for the future. Especially a passing torch. If guys arent built credible enough to be in the ring with top talent now, people may have a hard time accepting "talent A" and "talent b" as main event caliber

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Well Charlotte being gone is a good thing. Let Ronda be heel, lose by DQ to Liv or something. Keep Liv on SD and hold the belt until Nov. Lose to Charlotte, win womens rumble and beat Charlotte at.Mania 39. Meanwhile Ronda can go kick Beckys head in at Mania 39.

Theory, i just saw someone have well, a Theory. Roman beats Brock, Theory comes out and asks to cash in. Roman hands him the WWE Title per Vince's orders. Titles are split again.

Seems Romans next challengers will be Drew at Clash Castle whatever, and then Seth. I always figured if Cody wins the title, he should win off Seth BUT have Cody go 4-0 on Seth? ehh.

As for handing titles, Eric did it with HHH in 2002. 

Either way i hope Theory has a successful cash in and win. Bout time.WWE starts making new stars and letting them have lengthy runs (2-6+ months depending on reactions etc).

One day they wont have Drew, Orton, Roman, Brock. They'll need to focus on more for the future. Especially a passing torch. If guys arent built credible enough to be in the ring with top talent now, people may have a hard time accepting "talent A" and "talent b" as main event caliber

The thing with Charlotte is that her reputation actually works to get people over if they can get past her. One of the big reasons Becky got as over as she did was that she feuded with Charlotte and rather than jobbing she beat Charlotte all the time be it in segments or matches.

One of my posts above has that idea in it yeah. It is very easily justified to have Roman hand the (WWE, not both) title over or lie down for Theory on Vince's request.

WWE to their credit has in fact been building up their new stars to be on top for the coming 10+ years. Theory is the most noticeable due to being on the main roster, but NXT 2.0 has a whole host of new young stars being built to takeover. 

I agree completely. The Ziggler/Kofi/Miz generation of guys is a good example of this as it had so few successes and the successes it had never reached that top level (which is more than winning the top title, you got to sustain yourself at the top). The reason being that they kept guys in the midcard for too long and/or jobbed them out against the older more established guys so they became losers in people's eyes that couldn't be respected at the top. As you said, if guys are going to be respected in people's eyes then you have to give them wins over credible established opposition.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

The thing with Charlotte is that her reputation actually works to get people over if they can get past her. One of the big reasons Becky got as over as she did was that she feuded with Charlotte and rather than jobbing she beat Charlotte all the time be it in segments or matches.

One of my posts above has that idea in it yeah. It is very easily justified to have Roman hand the (WWE, not both) title over or lie down for Theory on Vince's request.

WWE to their credit has in fact been building up their new stars to be on top for the coming 10+ years. Theory is the most noticeable due to being on the main roster, but NXT 2.0 has a whole host of new young stars being built to takeover. 

I agree completely. The Ziggler/Kofi/Miz generation of guys is a good example of this as it had so few successes and the successes it had never reached that top level (which is more than winning the top title, you got to sustain yourself at the top). The reason being that they kept guys in the midcard for too long and/or jobbed them out against the older more established guys so they became losers in people's eyes that couldn't be respected at the top. As you said, if guys are going to be respected in people's eyes then you have to give them wins over credible established opposition.

In terms of NXT its hard to determine, there have been just as many failures there as there has been successess. Breakker seems fine but damn i hope he goes to Steiner on main roster. Solo apparently joining bloodline which ugh, i just want that story to end. Plus there new 90 day improve or released thing if true doesnt help.

Charlotte is great, and i get what they are aiming to do (16+ titles, claim shes better than her dad lol), but she could honestly take on a Lesnar-esque schedule and be fine. I do recall Liv and Charlotte feuding on SD a few years ago. Would be nice to eventually revisit it and have Liv win clean (no roll up please), similar to how when Kofi was WWE Champ he revisited the story with Orton calling him stupid and holding him down via politics.

But we will see, ive stuck to ppvs (premium live events after my entire life calling them PPVS seems weird still haha), and I'm curious about Theory with the case. It harkens back to what MITB used to be and SHOULD BE, a chance to push a talent to the top of the card who normally wouldn't get there. See how they handle it. Sink or swim.

Also annoying how WWE is calling Roman vs Brock LMS match the final meeting ever..... until one retires or something, its never say never and the rate these 2 fight, lol.... expect a few more rounds I'm sure.

But people hating on Theory winning the case (not me, im all in!) is funny. They want new talent, they get it, they boo. But most fail to realize in wrestling, generating THAT kind of heat, where its just crowds booing the hell out of you, means as a bad guy you're doing your damn job! So whenever Roman leaves WWE, Theory can be the top heel. 

Ziggler i thought had issues with bragging, then he got concussed, lost his title and aside from his shock NXT win, wwe has kept him average to low card teams except his tremendous feud with Rollins over the IC Belt a few years back.

Whats interesting to me currently though is Cena. He's made hints that he wants world title #17, hes here for awhile (final run?) and he also wants the IC belt. Now should he beat Gunther to drop it back for a grand slam thing? i say no. Should he eventually get world title 17? yes. But who does he beat, when, and would a Cash in after on him work if he broke a record ? Or would titles be split up again by that time?

Time will tell. 

7 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

In terms of NXT its hard to determine, there have been just as many failures there as there has been successess. Breakker seems fine but damn i hope he goes to Steiner on main roster. Solo apparently joining bloodline which ugh, i just want that story to end. Plus there new 90 day improve or released thing if true doesnt help.

Charlotte is great, and i get what they are aiming to do (16+ titles, claim shes better than her dad lol), but she could honestly take on a Lesnar-esque schedule and be fine. I do recall Liv and Charlotte feuding on SD a few years ago. Would be nice to eventually revisit it and have Liv win clean (no roll up please), similar to how when Kofi was WWE Champ he revisited the story with Orton calling him stupid and holding him down via politics.

But we will see, ive stuck to ppvs (premium live events after my entire life calling them PPVS seems weird still haha), and I'm curious about Theory with the case. It harkens back to what MITB used to be and SHOULD BE, a chance to push a talent to the top of the card who normally wouldn't get there. See how they handle it. Sink or swim.

Also annoying how WWE is calling Roman vs Brock LMS match the final meeting ever..... until one retires or something, its never say never and the rate these 2 fight, lol.... expect a few more rounds I'm sure.

But people hating on Theory winning the case (not me, im all in!) is funny. They want new talent, they get it, they boo. But most fail to realize in wrestling, generating THAT kind of heat, where its just crowds booing the hell out of you, means as a bad guy you're doing your damn job! So whenever Roman leaves WWE, Theory can be the top heel. 

Ziggler i thought had issues with bragging, then he got concussed, lost his title and aside from his shock NXT win, wwe has kept him average to low card teams except his tremendous feud with Rollins over the IC Belt a few years back.

Whats interesting to me currently though is Cena. He's made hints that he wants world title #17, hes here for awhile (final run?) and he also wants the IC belt. Now should he beat Gunther to drop it back for a grand slam thing? i say no. Should he eventually get world title 17? yes. But who does he beat, when, and would a Cash in after on him work if he broke a record ? Or would titles be split up again by that time?

Time will tell. 

I wouldn't count HHH's NXT in the equation as he used it as his own personal Indy fed that he filled up with largely undersized older Indy talent (that Vince would hate on sight alone, and then really hate them when he heard them speak) rather than WWE's developmental. As for the 90 days thing... We're not seeing that go down so it is coming off like something the dirtsheetz came up because so many people believe any bad thing said about WWE. If there was a 90 day span like that then Von Wagner, Lash Legend, and some others would all already be gone and yet they keep trying with them.

Yeah I've been utterly baffled by some of the comments out there including from some who do shows where they present themselves as experts. "The crowd hated Theory winning the case so that shows Theory shouldn't have won". Uh, hello, Theory is a heel so them hating it is the correct reaction. It seems some people are so used to heels getting cheered that now if a heel gets hated when he wins a big match then it must mean he ain't over. Bizarre stuff.

Ziggler did get a reputation for whining about his spot for a period of time but I don't think that had anything to do with it. Ziggler was heavily over and someone that for years people wanted to be elevated to the main event. Two events really hurt him though. The 1st was his biggest win at Survivor Series where he beat the Authority 3 on 1, which he clearly only got because Roman was supposed to get the spot but he couldn't do the show so Ziggler got it instead. They kept Ziggler in the midcard even after such a massive win which tells the fans that it does not matter whatever success they might give Ziggler, he'll go to that next level. Then came the Ambrose feud which... bloody hell. Ambrose told him that Ziggler is going to tell everyone that he is going to steal the show... and then he is going to lose like he always does, which is what happened. At that point the fans gave up and Ziggler has been a heel since as he got killed as a babyface.

It is plausible they'd have Cena go over Gunther for the IC title as it'd be a repeat of him going over Rusev for the US title. I hope that doesn't happen as Cena can win the IC title in 10 years or whatever if he really wants it, but it is plausible. As for the top title... he certainly should win it at some point but if he does it'll hopefully be with a young guy. It shouldn't be with Roman/Brock as that'd be such a waste.

Sounds nice but we have to remember that in the context of Sasha and Bayley being out long term, and even Charlotte taking an extended break, it was pretty much inevitable that it'd happen unless they kept reverting the titles back to Becky. Also to be fair to WWE if Paige/AJ Lee/Nikki Bella/Alexa Bliss hadn't all been hurt into retirement (unofficial and temporary in Alexa's case) they likely would have had a fresher Women's division.

A lot of good young talent in NXT 2.0 to replace the current top women though. Roxanne Perez (20), Cora Jade (21), Nikkita Lyons (22), and Tiffany Stratton (23) are the front runners at the moment.

• Like 1

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2022/7/8/23200148/vince-mcmahon-nda-scandal-report-hush-money-payments-former-wrestler-contractor-coerced-sex

You know... if Vince actually thought this would just 'blow over' and 'go away' and not get worse... that's extremely laughable.

But Vince is the Trump of WWE. He'll continue to be there until he's literally thrown out. Does something need to be done at this point? OF COURSE. It's just not going to happen until he's literally thrown out. By force.

NXT 2.0

Very good result putting the tag belts on Team 2001. I'm interested to see if this in essence a consolation prize for Roxanne or if they are actually going to make her a double champion. If they do make her double champion then the likely story would be building up to a Cora heel turn. On the other hand Nikkita is another strong contender for the title and if Roxanne wins it then Nikkita is going to have her spin her wheels for ages.

Trick if he works out the in ring stuff will be a excellent talent as he has everything else down. The boxer look is something different and I think looked good on him. I liked the trickery with the water bottles. He should keep that going forward as a heel tactic he is known for and use other heel tricks, after all, he is Trick Williams.

Waller has been showing that he ain't just a promo and can bring it in the ring too. That flipping Unprettier or whatever it was looked devastating and could easily be a finish.

On 08/07/2022 at 10:13 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2022/7/8/23200148/vince-mcmahon-nda-scandal-report-hush-money-payments-former-wrestler-contractor-coerced-sex

You know... if Vince actually thought this would just 'blow over' and 'go away' and not get worse... that's extremely laughable.

But Vince is the Trump of WWE. He'll continue to be there until he's literally thrown out. Does something need to be done at this point? OF COURSE. It's just not going to happen until he's literally thrown out. By force.

Someone clearly wants Vince gone, but he ain't going to sell it. Why would he anyway if you think about it? Vince has been hated by the people angry right now for decades, and when that is the case there is no reason to care about whatever they think. Then you have the rich people of "polite society" reading the Wall Street Journal who Vince's haters want to do away with him. Vince has wanted to join their club for decades, and for decades they have looked down on him as "that low class wrestling guy", so they aren't going to influence him.