The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So, that Rollins heel turn was unexpected. I'm curious as to where they'll take it. I just hope they have a good reason for Rollins' heel turn, something that makes sense. They just beat Evolution every time for a month and a half, so why would Rollins join the losers?

I am intrigued by the Seth Rollins heel turn. I must admit lately I have been hugely impressed with him in the ring and on the mic so I am hoping this is leading to a huge push for him, maybe something simular to what WWE did for Randy Orton when he first joined evolution.   

-LOVE the swerve last night.  The Shield has done everything they could do as a group and it's time to shake things up and head into the summer with a strong storyline.  It allows HHH to step back from in-ring competition for a while and let Rollins and Orton battle with Ambrose and Reigns while HHH manipulates from his "throne" and eventually lead to HHH/Reigns and Ambrose/Rollins matches at Summerslam.  Most importantly, Batista was written off of TV!!!

-Cody/Goldust should be fun.  Watching all of Goldusts partners getting pinned should lead to a Cody turn after realizing he wasn't the problem, his brother was.

-Uso's/ Wyatts (minus Bray) is giving Harper and Rowen a chance to step out of Bray's shadow and show they, especially Harper, can talk and work at a high level too.

-Bray/Cena should be done now and hopefully Bray can work with D-Bry when he returns.

-Hearing the plan for Cesaro at Summerslam is a match with Lesnar which would be insane.  Still hoping the current feud between him and Shaemus leads to a double-turn in the end with a heel Shaemus and face Cesaro, also really wish they would quit tacking stupid shit (like a sparkly jacket and a dumb walk to the ring) onto Cesaro's character and just treat him like the throwback bad-ass he is.

Normally summertime is a time the WWE just kind of mails it in and Summerslam is a habitual disappointment but I'm actually looking forward to see what they can do while HHH is calling the shots.  He has a lot of good ideas and seeing them put into action has substantially  improved the product so far.

I know this is not WWE but if there are any TNA fans here that want to see them live...there are plenty of tickets available

a645f8554e3bf2d19b9ca9e072a50710_crop_no

This is from the June 6th event and there were supposedly other events recently that were getting 100-200 people to watch. Not a good time to be a TNA wrestler :(

I know this is not WWE but if there are any TNA fans here that want to see them live...there are plenty of tickets available

a645f8554e3bf2d19b9ca9e072a50710_crop_no

This is from the June 6th event and there were supposedly other events recently that were getting 100-200 people to watch. Not a good time to be a TNA wrestler :(

Man this is just embarrassing as a wrestling fan in general :( I really do hope TNA can sort out there problems and become a real competition for WWE as competition always help benefit both companies to put out the best product :)

Edited by razza123-
  • Like 2

WWE just released a few superstars.

JTG

Drew McIntyre

Jinder Mahal

Aksana

Teddy Long

Curt Hawkins

Brodus Clay

Yoshi Tatsu

Evan Bourne

It seems like they are updating the list every hour, so we may see some more soon. The only one I don't understand is Aksana, she was improving so much in the ring.

JTG

Drew McIntyre

Jinder Mahal

Aksana

Teddy Long

Curt Hawkins

Brodus Clay

Yoshi Tatsu

Evan Bourne

It seems like they are updating the list every hour, so we may see some more soon. The only one I don't understand is Aksana, she was improving so much in the ring.

Some of those people should have been released awhile ago (aksana) but I am really surprised about JTG...I mean that guy was being primed for a world title run :lol:

Also I bet Zack Ryder is getting a little nervous about now

• Like 1

JTG

Drew McIntyre

Jinder Mahal

Aksana

Teddy Long

Curt Hawkins

Brodus Clay

Yoshi Tatsu

Evan Bourne

you can add 

Camacho

and

Marc Harris (referee)

Sucks to see Teddy Long get released, on a count that he's the one who'd been working for the company the longest in that list. For me over the years Long had become the face of Smack Down, as he was the good/face General Manager. Not to mention the many roles he had to play in his career with the company. I actually found Long entertaining, even if he wasn't a wrestler.

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that they released Drew and Jinder was the biggest mistake so far. They were one of the only ones that I found talented. They could have been the future, well that's WWE logic nowadays. Also Slater is now a singles competitor and has turned face.

The Shield just fully disbanded during the June 16th's Raw. Now Abrose is feuding with Rollins while Reigns is now after the WWE WHC title, I will miss them. I will remember a lot of my favorite/epic moments they had.

Sucks to see Teddy Long get released, on a count that he's the one who'd been working for the company the longest in that list. For me over the years Long had become the face of Smack Down, as he was the good/face General Manager. Not to mention the many roles he had to play in his career with the company. I actually found Long entertaining, even if he wasn't a wrestler.

Amen to that.

Is everyone mentally prepared so see Cena walk out of MitB as WHC yet?  If not, there's still a week left to get there.  Guessing Brock/Cena at SS so they can strap Brock and payoff the ending of the streak.

If that's what it takes for Brock to be champ, then I'm all for it. I'm a huge Lesnar fan, so it will be cool to see him as champion again. It will be even cooler to see Bryan take it off him eventually.

If that's what it takes for Brock to be champ, then I'm all for it. I'm a huge Lesnar fan, so it will be cool to see him as champion again. It will be even cooler to see Bryan take it off him eventually.

Bryan's 2nd Wrestlemania moment... maybe he'll get a WHC win that actually sticks.  3rd time's the charm right?

Bryan's 2nd Wrestlemania moment... maybe he'll get a WHC win that actually sticks.  3rd time's the charm right?

Yeah poor Bryan. He finally got his huge moment, after a year of build up, and then he just runs into bad luck. Hopefully WWE will actually have opponents for him after he wins again. Don't just put him in another pointless feud with Kane.

Well technically 4th

Won the belt at Summerslam, Randy cashes in (total 6 minutes)

Won the belt at Night of Champions...stripped next night (total 1 day)

Won the belt at Wrestlemania...stripped of the belt 1 month later

So 3x WWE Champion...about a month and a half total reign :(

Does anyone know where I could buy wwe merchandise cheaply?
I'd like to buy:

http://shop.wwe.com/CM-Punk-%22Best-Since-Day-One%22-Baseball-Hat/W06473,default,pd.html?dwvar_W06473_color=No%20Color&start=1&cgid=shop-wwe-products-men-hats&prefn1=superstar&prefv1=CM%20Punk

in wwe shop total its £10 but I know that I could buy it cheaper somewhere

Edited by Scorpions444

Does anyone know where I could buy wwe merchandise cheaply?

I'd like to buy:http://shop.wwe.com/CM-Punk-"Best-Since-Day-One"-Baseball-Hat/W06473,default,pd.html?dwvar_W06473_color=No%20Color&start=1&cgid=shop-wwe-products-men-hats&prefn1=superstar&prefv1=CM%20Punk

in wwe shop total its £10 but I know that I could buy it cheaper somewhere

you could try Ebay but i doubt you'll find it if it's new

Any predictions for MITB?

I had Barrett winning the briefcase, but now he's injured (Thanks a lot Swagger). So, unless he can make a return, it'll probably be Rollins.

As for the WWEWHC match, I hope Bray wins it. The only person I don't want to win it, is Kane. Nothing against Kane, he's a hard worker and a loyal company man. He just hasn't been a legit threat for years, in my opinion. The last few years have been: mask off, mask on, embrace the hate, team Hell No, mask off, corporate Kane, mask on, THE DEMON Kane.

I'd be fine with Cena winning, but only if it leads to Lesnar as champion. Otherwise, Cena better not win.

I had Barrett winning the briefcase, but now he's injured (Thanks a lot Swagger). So, unless he can make a return, it'll probably be Rollins.

As for the WWEWHC match, I hope Bray wins it. The only person I don't want to win it, is Kane. Nothing against Kane, he's a hard worker and a loyal company man. He just hasn't been a legit threat for years, in my opinion. The last few years have been: mask off, mask on, embrace the hate, team Hell No, mask off, corporate Kane, mask on, THE DEMON Kane.

I'd be fine with Cena winning, but only if it leads to Lesnar as champion. Otherwise, Cena better not win.

I think Cena will win and then go against brock lesnar

Kane - definitely won't win it because he doesn't have anything to do with the match, he was just put in it because HHH just felt like putting him. I also think he will feud with Reigns after.

Sheamus - He isn't likely to win it because he already has US championship.

Del Rio - No storyline with him to championship, was put in match just because he won in a tournament match.

Cesaro - Winning the championship wouldn't be good for him now as he would have to break away from Heyman which wouldn't be ''best for business''.

Bray - Not likely to win because he would have to break away from rest of Wyatts ( if they won't win titles from USOS what is unlikely) and it also wouldn't suit him now.

Orton - He had almost NO build to the match and was just put in to it like kane was.

Reigns - He has a LOT of chances of winning but I think he won't win it and will feud with Kane after MITB judging from recent activities between them.

Cena - I think he will win it although he didn't do much stuff relating to title, the reason why I think he will win is because of this poster

summerslam-2014.jpg?w=600

My prediction for title match:

I think Cena will win and then go against Brock Lesnar in Summerslam.

Kane - definitely won't win it because he doesn't have anything to do with the match, he was just put in it because HHH just felt like putting him. I also think he will feud with Reigns after.

Sheamus - He isn't likely to win it because he already has US championship.

Del Rio - No storyline with him to championship, was put in match just because he won in a tournament match.

Cesaro - Winning the championship wouldn't be good for him now as he would have to break away from Heyman which wouldn't be ''best for business''.

Bray - Not likely to win because he would have to break away from rest of Wyatts ( if they won't win titles from USOS what is unlikely) and it also wouldn't suit him now.

Orton - He had almost NO build to the match and was just put in to it like kane was.

Reigns - He has a LOT of chances of winning but I think he won't win it and will feud with Kane after MITB judging from recent activities between them.

Cena - I think he will win it although he didn't do much stuff relating to title, the reason why I think he will win is because of this poster

summerslam-2014.jpg?w=600

Summer Rae over Layla because why not.

Rusev over Big E. (not clean)

Dust Bros over Ryback/Axel because Cody's new character is awesome!!

Paige over Naomi after Cameron screws her partner

Wyatt's over the Uso's but the feud continues

Rollins over everyone to get the briefcase.  Very tempted to go with Ambrose but the possibility of a (or several) run-in(s) ultimately gives Rollins the win

Cena wins one of the titles, Bray wins the other and we run with two title again for a brief period

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

I feel like Rollins and Ambrose will screw each other's chances up, and feud to Summerslam. But then I look at the other participants, and I just don't see anyone else holding the case. Maybe Ziggler, to give him another chance after Swagger injured him last time.

As for the other matches, I forgot to predict.

Layla defeats Rae. Only because, mmmmm Layla.

Rusev defeats Big E. I just can't see Rusev's first loss come to Big E.

Dusts defeat Rybaxel. Stardust has to show he's better than Cody.

Paige defeats Naomi. For the exact reason skidmarkgn said.

Wyatts defeat Usos. Usos need a legit team feud.

The show was better than I expected.  Cena going over was lame (and predictable) but right now there's not a whole lot of options.  Bray and Rollins deserve a proper build and "big win" type of payoff, much like the one they gave Daniel Bryan, and strapping one of them them right now would have been too soon.  Knowing the plans for Lesnar I'd much rather see Cena go over than Orton. Cesaro could have been an interesting choice with the Heyman guy vs. Heyman guy angle but SummerSlam is too big of an event to take that kind of risk with the casual viewer. I personally don't give a crap about this being Cena's 15th reign.  The way things are done these days it's inevitable that title reigns are going to add up quickly and the number of times a worker holds a title doesn't mean much anymore.  The tag title match was awesome, the traditional MitB match was awesomer (thought Seth was gonna die during the back body drop spot) and Big E vs. Rusev was a surprisingly good match.  My only real complaint is that the title match seemed like a 3 man show.  Cena, Orton and Shaemus took up almost all of the screen time and Bray  and Cesaro were criminally underused.  The booking of the divas title match was a little weird with Cameron doing nothing and the other two undercard matches could have easily been on RAW.

Still, the show was better than it looked on paper.

I cant believe I wasted my time watching Money in the bank... I skipped most of it but I still felt it was a big ass waste of my time. Cena being champion again is a fucking joke. They cant be serious with him. Are they seriously gonna piss on Ric Flairs 16 time world championships and let Cena pass him? Anyway, I'm done watching wrestling for a good while!