The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

NXT

Interesting how they made that match between Tony D and Dijak work considering Tony D has a guy at ringside who can help him. Stacks rather than attacking Dijak was taking all manner of shots from Dijak meant for Tony. As someone who really likes D'Angelo it was great to see him get a big win like this.

Bron fits in really well with the Creeds. Bron vs Melo is the biggest possible match they can do. Only thing I'm iffy on is both men should really move up to the main roster soon and whoever wins likely will have to stick around longer than the other.

Gargano as a match for Waller... let down and if Gargano beats him... oh dear. Waller needs to be moved up to the main roster after this show. He is older than the norm in NXT and already has all the tools.

A bit weird of a finish for the main event. They had Meiko largely demolish Roxanne who only won in the end with a lucky pin. After the match it all had the look of Meiko attacking Roxanne... but then Roxanne collapses, presumably due to all of the many kicks to the head she took within the match and is stretchered out as Meiko seems to blame herself for going so hard on this young 21 year old. I suppose the idea is Roxanne retains the title but Meiko retains the whole "final boss" thing as while she was pinned yes, she beat the champion so badly that they collapsed afterwards. I'm sure Roddy was pleased to have the company considering in kayfabe he is still hospitalised from the attack by Damon Kemp (what a beast).

11 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Attitude Era is gone. Never coming back. I'm not bias toward any company, so if you miss the blood, gore, hardcore stuff, and swearing check out AEW. 

WWE has gotten better but it will probably forever stay PG with some boundary pushing during Mania seasons like every year due to bullshit sponsorships like Be a Star.

Yeah. If you want Attitude era stuff then AEW would be the closest thing to it. Personally my view of it is you quickly realise that you can't maintain that stuff going for too long as it just numbs you to things and then it all gets dull. Guys bleeding for example is now a joke and not worth a reaction in AEW they've done it so much and so stupidly. 

Back to Wyatt. There is bad news for him coming out. The thing with Lashley is apparently off and worse the rumour goes that its Bray who doesn't want to go forward with things. Always the chance that Lashley has joined others in not wanting to work with Bray of course. This has made some people believe that Bray may well not be lasting much longer in the WWE. Some are blaming Vince as they think he is vetoing HHH on Bray.

Whatever the case. Bray needs to realise the situation he is in and try and get this sorted. If he gets fired again from WWE then he likely ain't getting a job there again. AEW exists yes but I actually think they wouldn't be interested for a number of reasons. That leaves small promotions which would let Bray do whatever he wanted yes, but cannot pay him anywhere close to what he'd be worth.

AEW would be perfect for Wyatt. Tony Khan will pay him whatever he wants and let him book his weird hippy ideas, it'll be "awesome". Hardy's teleporting would look tame compared to what Wyatt could unleash. He could have a feud with Pockets - one will no sell the kicks, the other will no sell the horror shit.

23 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

AEW would be perfect for Wyatt. Tony Khan will pay him whatever he wants and let him book his weird hippy ideas, it'll be "awesome". Hardy's teleporting would look tame compared to what Wyatt could unleash. He could have a feud with Pockets - one will no sell the kicks, the other will no sell the horror shit.

As I said, not so sure Khan would go for Wyatt. While true that some of the things he does makes even the likes of Meltzer go "What are you doing?", he largely trusts in the views of the dirtsheetz which largely put down Wyatt as being bad TV that ultimately hurts your show, which I've never seen evidence of but its an idea floated out there. Khan cares a lot about what'll reduce ratings hence why he'll only run the one obligatory woman's match a show as he believes they reduce ratings and nothing he can do will ever change that, and its also why you'll get guys like Orange/Garcia/whoever who do one random good number and suddenly they are on show after show until Khan figures out whatever everyone else already knew which was the rating was a fluke, not because people really liked Orange/Garcia/whoever.

There is also the issue of Wyatt having built up a reputation at this point. Miro is apparently doing nothing because he thinks what Khan wants him to do sucks (the implication seems to be he wants to job Miro out) and getting paid all the while, so its very possible the same thing would happen with Wyatt. Granted, Khan is a terrible manager so perhaps this doesn't even come up for him, but if it does then its another risk.

As for Wyatt another place he could go would be NXT, that being if he is willing to retool himself. I personally think that initial character he came back with, of a bad dude who wants to be good, would have worked well in a feud with the likes of Joe Gacy.

8 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

Not if it's his buddies the EVPs. 1f601.png

Ah yes, can't forget that. Though being fair I don't think Kenny has used his possible influence (beyond getting some Japanese women hired at the start when Khan was hiring anybody with a pulse) nefariously and its just the Bucks. Omega's want was to fill AEW's women's division with Japanese women and have them as the centre piece, and while he got a number hired they might as well not exist in AEW as Khan simply won't even give the meagre TV time that he gives the women to Japanese women. 

Considering the sort of person Kenny is I don't think he has it in him to try and manipulate even someone as weak as Tony. The Bucks on the other hand I can certainly believe know how to work Tony to do whatever they want.

On 13/03/2023 at 7:23 AM, Infected Elite said:

Attitude Era is gone. Never coming back. I'm not bias toward any company, so if you miss the blood, gore, hardcore stuff, and swearing check out AEW. 

WWE has gotten better but it will probably forever stay PG with some boundary pushing during Mania seasons like every year due to bullshit sponsorships like Be a Star.

I'll check out awe I do watch wwe but only ppvs to many adverts on smackdown and raw. It's a 4 hour show yet 2 hours is just commercial breaks. And yes the wrestling is better today but storylines, roster, match types, tag team division, and promos where all better in the attitude era, the only reason why we will never get it again is because of the Monday night wars at the time. If wcw never spent big it would have never of happened. We would still have tax men clowns and repo men coming down to the ring lol ??

On 3/21/2023 at 8:14 PM, LukeTheGooner said:

I understand that it's been awful so far, I love Bray but this run has been a disaster

I think it's a mental illness thing. Uncle Howdy is the possessing sickness. "I am all of us" Howdy said in that episode of Firefly Funhouse. What it means is any form Bray takes, Eater of Worlds, Fiend, etc, it is always Uncle Howdy underneath. Howdy controls everything Bray does. At least, that's what I think is going on.

11 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

I don't follow NXT but that means Bron will be on the main roster now, probably show up on the Raw after Mania

probably but i think he needs a few feuds in NXT without a title so he can adapt.

So far ive only been wrong on 1 prediction for wrestling today. I expected Dragon Lee to win but he didn't. See how my predictions go by the end of night 2.

On 01/04/2023 at 8:10 PM, GoldenShaka said:

I felt terror when Charlotte got that suplex, horrific. What a great match, best of the night by far. 

she took 2 real bad ones, but that second one she had her arms by her waist so only way to soften(?) that impact was... her face? damn.

MOTN for sure. Going to be extremely hard for KOZayn vs Usos to top it. Itll be better than Bianca vs Asuka as well. But damn, 5 Stars.

KoZayn vs Usos was good. Glad the Usos lost. They deserve some time off for the work they put in. But Match of the Night and easily the BEST womens match at Mania of ALL-TIME, is Ripley vs Flair.

Can't wait till Roman gets dethroned tomorrow. 

EDIT: Night 2

- Brock vs Omos meh

- Womens 4 way was bad but expected that ending

- Lashley came out for some stupid reason. 

- Gunther retaining vs McInshit & Sheamus was amazing. Going to hard to top that. Even the commentary team gave a standing ovation. I can't recall the last time i have ever seen that. 5 stars but i will put it below Ripley vs Flair still.

- Bianca def. Asuka..... why? Bianca is so boring. If Asuka didn't beat her, who the hell will?

- Ugh Shane McMahon. LOL he got injured asap! Now Snoop Dogg wrestling.... what is this shit? Snoop def. Miz for no reason other than saying "Celebrities do this better than our stars!"

- Edge vs Balor started slow. Had a really stupid spot with a bit of blood and temporary stop. It's hell in a cell.... its a tiny bit of blood. A decent match but Edge lost it a long time ago. He can barely pace himself. Edge won.... why? This match was decent, but had a weird pace and the wrong guy won. meh.

- Cody Rhodes vs Roman Reigns. Wrong guy won again. 0 out of 5 stars. So sick of Roman.

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 2

What is happening with The judgment day is the same that happened with Damage Ctrl. It's incredible how boring are all these I'm the next big thing be afraid of me. The last credible/entertaining group we had was Hurt Business. JD is probably going to split now that Ripley is champion. I really thought they were going to give the win to Balor, I hope they keep the Demon streak at Summerslam. And yes I thought Asuka was going to become champion. With exception of IC match Bad day 2.

59 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

What is happening with The judgment day is the same that happened with Damage Ctrl. It's incredible how boring are all these I'm the next big thing be afraid of me. The last credible/entertaining group we had was Hurt Business. JD is probably going to split now that Ripley is champion. I really thought they were going to give the win to Balor, I hope they keep the Demon streak at Summerslam. And yes I thought Asuka was going to become champion. With exception of IC match Bad day 2.

Damage CTRL, buried. Balor as demon, buried. Cody, the only fucking logical person to beat Roman, buried. Asuka, the one to beat Bianca, nope.

This entire event aside from Ripley and Gunther smelled of Vince McMahon. Putting the same old fuckin sacks of shit over. 

- Brock beating Omos as if we havent seen him F5 a bigger guy before....

- Gunther winning was right move

- KO/Zayn was good choice but they'll probably drop the titles back to Usos

-Becky sucks as does two old past their prime "vets",

- Seth is fine beating Logan

- Ripley vs Flair was best match overall. right choice.

- Womens 4 way and Mens 4 way were dumb no matter who won

- Balor lost to Edge in one of the worst HIAC matches in history 

- Snoop Dogg, Shane McMahon and the shit Miz was involved in... no comment.

- Roman beating Cody was bullshit.

Hopefully Bray "health issues" are a cover up and he's planning to leave this shit fuckin company.

• Like 1

I had planned to talk of all of the matches, including NXT but... nah, I can't. Some are saying "look Vince is back" but please, no. Vince at least has the excuse of being old and increasingly spiteful to explain why he transformed the WWE, which way back in the day used to be one of the few babyface promotions in a sea of heel ones, into an aggressively miserable heel promotion. HHH is even worse than that as being a southern wrestling mark and career heel when he was wrestling is all in on heel domination. He ain't doing this sort of stuff out of spite, he actually thinks this is good stuff.

Unlike @Infected Elite I actually do like Roman. Even back when people would say he was horrible I was someone who always said that he was good, just really let down by management. As someone utterly sick of heel domination even I gave it a chance as Roman was having an incredible run and well, it is expected he likely won't be in wrestling long after he loses the belt. I was never on the Sami should win train because I mean, Cody is right there. Now they've gone and pissed that away and for what? So Roman can be at 1000+ days at the Saudi show? Let me guess, people will think that as he has that number he'll lose the belt and then SWERVE, he retains still. What about Summerslam? Well people will expect him losing the belt there too so SWERVE again, retains. Why stop there, the next Wrestlemania too. When does this end? Who'll beat him for the title anyway? Bron? I'm supposed to buy that after Cody lost that HHH is going to have Bron, nephew of Scott Steiner who HHH loathes, go over? Not to mention that if Bron wins the title with his current development as a babyface he'll likely get babyface Romaned anyway.

Heat? I don't feel hot about the decision, I feel apathy. I'm just so tired of heel promotions. The news of UFC's owner likely being the one to get WWE doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that will change any time soon either. I'd hope the wrestlers protest any such sale considering with how badly treated and paid UFC's roster largely is (even worse than WWE), being under that umbrella is almost certainly going to be bad for work conditions and pay.

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

The only logical one is Cody at Summerslam. Roman can face Dwayne non title at Mania 40.

So out of the entire event, 2 must watch matches and a ton that didnt deliver.

Watch Ripley vs Flair, and Gunther vs Sheamus vs McInshit

Oh hell. Just reminded me of the whole Rock thing. I'm not sure what'd be worse between that and them having Brock get the win, getting that big rub he has so desperately needed at last. 

While I don't wish physical ill upon them (Vince/HHH), I hope we hopefully can get Michaels (the real booker of the year) in charge sometime soon. Notice how I have no problem with Melo winning the title because under Shawn NXT hasn't been completely heel dominated. That is how it needs to be. Heels can have wins, just don't have babyfaces be losers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rozalia1 said:

Oh hell. Just reminded me of the whole Rock thing. I'm not sure what'd be worse between that and them having Brock get the win, getting that big rub he has so desperately needed at last. 

While I don't wish physical ill upon them (Vince/HHH), I hope we hopefully can get Michaels (the real booker of the year) in charge sometime soon. Notice how I have no problem with Melo winning the title because under Shawn NXT hasn't been completely heel dominated. That is how it needs to be. Heels can have wins, just don't have babyfaces be losers. 

I have no issue with Breakker on main roster but i say do it after Summerslam. Let him get a few non title feuds in nxt. Maybe give another guy a rub.

As for main roster. All i am being reminded of is years ago, Bray Wyatt: "Anybody but you Roman".