The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I cant believe I wasted my time watching Money in the bank... I skipped most of it but I still felt it was a big ass waste of my time. Cena being champion again is a fucking joke. They cant be serious with him. Are they seriously gonna piss on Ric Flairs 16 time world championships and let Cena pass him? Anyway, I'm done watching wrestling for a good while!

If you skipped most of it then you did yourself a disservice.  The undercard and the traditional MitB match by far carried the card.  As for Cena being champ again, what would you suggest?  Especially knowing that the overall plan is to strap Lesnar at Summerslam.  Would you rather see some one with huge potential like Reigns or Bray carry the title for a month then lose to Lesnar?  Or would you rather see Lesnar job at Summerslam and completely waste the ending of the streak?  Right now the options are so limited that Cena is the only logical choice.  The WWE is in a bind right now and Cena (whether you like it or not) is the guy.  And Flair... Flair has already pissed on his own legacy enough that losing the 16 time thing isn't that big of a deal.  If people want to complain about it then look at it differently, look at the number of days a champ instead of number of times as champ.  Title reigns don't last for years and years anymore.  There's no way that Flair's record is gonna hold forever when guys have multiple title reigns that only last a grand total of a week... combined.  Wrestling is in a new age now and some things need to be let go.

• Like 1

i thought last nights ppv was great. I was rooting for Roman Reigns but i'm happy with Cena winning. I just hope his Summerslam fight against Brock Lesnor will be as epic as their brutal fight at Extreme Rules 2012 was. :D

• Like 1

If you skipped most of it then you did yourself a disservice.  The undercard and the traditional MitB match by far carried the card.  As for Cena being champ again, what would you suggest?  Especially knowing that the overall plan is to strap Lesnar at Summerslam.  Would you rather see some one with huge potential like Reigns or Bray carry the title for a month then lose to Lesnar?  Or would you rather see Lesnar job at Summerslam and completely waste the ending of the streak?  Right now the options are so limited that Cena is the only logical choice.  The WWE is in a bind right now and Cena (whether you like it or not) is the guy.  And Flair... Flair has already pissed on his own legacy enough that losing the 16 time thing isn't that big of a deal.  If people want to complain about it then look at it differently, look at the number of days a champ instead of number of times as champ.  Title reigns don't last for years and years anymore.  There's no way that Flair's record is gonna hold forever when guys have multiple title reigns that only last a grand total of a week... combined.  Wrestling is in a new age now and some things need to be let go.

I did watch the ladder matches of course. So nothing missed there. I dont see if Lesnar is supposed to become the new champion at Summerslam why the hell didnt they wait until Summerslam? They could of had the belt vacant until then and do something original. If they are just gonna let someone carry it for a week it's gonna make the title look cheap.

About Flair, I'm a big fan of him and love to laugh at everything he does, I think they should keep him there xD

Edited by LovesAnInjection

Does someone really believes that Cena is not going to break Flair's record? Sorry to break it to you, but he will.

I always thought if anyone was gonna break Flair's record it would have been Triple H. I suppose Cena breaking it shouldn't really be a shock anyway. All records have to be broken at some point.

Well, Flair won some of his titles outside of WWE so it's not really a surprise that someone like Cena (true company man) would break the record. I've never had anything against Cena, so I don't have problem with that. The fact is that Cena is at the moment bigger than any other superstar. That's the reason why I "knew" that he is going to win at Money in the Bank. If Brock Lesnar is challenging the champion in SummerSlam there isn't really another option than Cena. Kind of shitty situation at the moment, because WWE has to rely on one man so much. Post-Cena era is going to be interesting because then they really have to make something to keep people (kids) around.

I seriously wonder what WWE would do if Cena got hit by a buss. I'm not trying to joke around. I'm serious. They would be so fucked because they DONT have anyone else whos big enough. They've dug them self into a hole!

If Cena were to leave right now they might be in a bit of trouble but it wouldn't last long.  Once Bryan comes back Cena won't be as important and he can be used to build other upcoming talent, much like he did with Bray, while Bryan was main-eventing for the title.  Wyatt and Reigns could be fast tracked to the top and potentially be successful but it's better for them to get a slower build and a bigger payoff.  The WWE is in a much better overall postion right now with future talent than they have been in years, the timing they had losing 2 of their top 3 faces so suddenly is the only reason they're dealing with this temporary speedbump.  By the way, if a bus were to hit Cena he'd probably only be out for a week or two anyways with his super-human ability to heal.

Also, waiting until Summerslam means going the entire summer with no champion.  That would have meant two PPV's  with no title match, The MitB and Battleground PPV's wouldn't have had a main event that could draw and the briefcase would have been useless until September.  When you add in the time they stalled before stripping Bryan of the title it would have been an absurd amount of time with no champion.  They need to provide us with a reason to watch and suspending the title for that long isn't one.

Edited by skidmarkgn

I had the same expression as this guy, cus I already knew this was gonna happen even months before Bryan became champion.

@ this point I no longer care what WWE does, but If ROH/PWG/NJPW didn't exist....then I'd be pissed off.

Let's Just hope people's prediction of Brock beating Cena @ SummerSlam for the titles happens. Opening up for the "Bryan Vs Lesnar" "David and Goliath" Feud, where Bryan has to truly overcome the odds with a couple of PPV loses to win the belts again. 

I don't really care if Cena breaks Flair's record. I always thought it was a pretty dumb record to keep anyway. 16 time champion just means he lost it enough times, to win it back 16 times.

Didn't Triple H add 3 reigns to his record in one night? I remember him losing, winning, losing, and winning again in one PPV.

A much better record is holding the title for a long time. For example, CM Punk's 343 day reign is much more impressive than Cena becoming a 15 time champion.

I don't really care if Cena breaks Flair's record. I always thought it was a pretty dumb record to keep anyway. 16 time champion just means he lost it enough times, to win it back 16 times.

Didn't Triple H add 3 reigns to his record in one night? I remember him losing, winning, losing, and winning again in one PPV.

A much better record is holding the title for a long time. For example, CM Punk's 343 day reign is much more impressive than Cena becoming a 15 time champion.

Well Cena held it for 380 days so its as impressive and also punk held it for 434 not 343

• Like 1

You might be thinking about the "Championship Scramble" match back at Unforgiven 2008. Anybody winning a pin during the match only became "Interim Champion" and it didn't count as a reign. It was only whoever held the belt at the end of the time limit that mattered. As Triple H entered and left the match with the belt it counted as the same reign. I remember (The) Brian Kendrick was Interim Champion at one time during that match. :P

Edited by Stevieboy

That's the point I've been trying to hammer home since debating about Cena and the WWE with Darkness back before Wrestlemania.  The number of title reigns a worker has today is completely different that it was back in the territory days.  A lot of the reigns were WHC reigns back when the belt was barely the status of the IC title and it was being passed around like a hot potato, not to mention the 24 hour reigns that more than one worker has had.  Add in the MitB briefcase and you almost guarantee that no one is gonna hold the title for over 6 months and someone is going to have a meaningless and short run.

Flair's record is a thing of the past and it will be broken, probably more than once.  Record like Sammartino's zillion day run are the ones that matter and they'll never be broken.

• Like 1

Well Cena held it for 380 days so its as impressive and also punk held it for 434 not 343

Right 434, lol I got my numbers mixed up there.

You might be thinking about the "Championship Scramble" match back at Unforgiven 2008. Anybody winning a pin during the match only became "Interim Champion" and it didn't count as a reign. It was only whoever held the belt at the end of the time limit that mattered. As Triple H entered and left the match with the belt it counted as the same reign. I remember (The) Brian Kendrick was Interim Champion at one time during that match. :P

I don't think that was it. I'm thinking of HHH being in 3 separate title matches in one PPV. I think he wrestled Umaga, Orton, and Orton again back to back to back. It was some weird thing where somehow they kept cashing in their rematch clauses? It's very blurry in my head, but I just remember something like that happening.

I don't think that was it. I'm thinking of HHH being in 3 separate title matches in one PPV. I think he wrestled Umaga, Orton, and Orton again back to back to back. It was some weird thing where somehow they kept cashing in their rematch clauses? It's very blurry in my head, but I just remember something like that happening.

It was No Mercy 2007. Here's some info:

Triple H Works Three WWE Championship Matches at WWE No Mercy 2007

Following an extended reign as WWE Champion, John Cena was forced to vacate the title due to injury, which lead to Randy Orton (his would-be opponent for No Mercy) being gifted the championship to kick off the pay-per-view.

Orton would only reign for several minutes as Triple H challenged and defeated him for the WWE Championship.

Triple H was still slated to face Umaga, and the match would be changed to a WWE Championship encounter that Triple H barely won. 

Following two grueling contests, Randy Orton opportunistically used his rematch clause to challenge Triple H for the WWE Championship, eventually dethroning the Game in a Last Man Standing match after a WWE Championship reign of less than three hours.

Triple H ended up with just 1 reign, while Orton ended up with 2.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

I thought I would be annoyed if Cena won the championship once again, but I actually feel completely indifferent. It would have been nice to have someone new win the WWE World Title, but it wouldn't of felt special because the match was built around so many different guys. 

I'm looking forward to the inevitable Cena/Brock match at Summerslam. Hopefully we see Lesnar taking the strap! Would definitely breathe some fresh air into the title picture.

Also props to Rollins and Ambrose and hell, pretty much everyone that competed in the two Money in the Bank ladder matches last night. Some really brutal bumps and innovative and interesting spots! Looking forward to see what Seth does with the case and how the break-up of The Shield will progress.

The "Pop" for Jericho's Return was awesome, had a lot of fans going crazy.

Much Respect to Jericho for Once again Returning to put over young Talent.

People can say what ever they want about him, but the guy is a true man of the Business; he didn't have to return, but did.

OMG Jericho is going to create a good feud with Wyatt.

• Like 1

Good Raw this week.

I was happy to see Jericho back, and it looks like he's going to put Bray over (something Cena can't do). At first, I was worried he was going to waste his time with Miz, glad that didn't happen.

AJ return was a big surprise too, guess those rumors of her pregnancy were wrong.

Looks like the stupid Adam Rose gimmick was a flop. He's already doing advertising with Santino.

Swagger vs Rusev should be good. Took them long enough to put this obvious feud together.

Ziggler is actually getting into a storyline again. It's a love triangle, but it's still something.

Sandow must've pissed someone off pretty bad. I wonder if this will eventually lead to something.

Battleground main event is interesting. I wonder why HHH put Reigns in it, after he tried to keep him out of the MITB match? Oh well, we all know Cena will win. Then HHH's plan B (Brock) can take the championship.

So Supposedly Emma is a dancing thief :(

On June 30, 2014 at approximately 1:00pm, Hartford Police Officers were contacted by Walmart Security (asset protection) Officers regarding a potential Larceny/shoplifter. Based on the investigation by HPD, Tenille A. Dashwood, 25, of Australia and Winter Park Fl. was arrested and charged with Larceny in the 6th degree, with a referral to the Hartford Community Court. Dashwood was booked at HPD and issued a WPTA. The unpaid item for which the larceny charge was applied was an “iHome ‘Slim Swivel’ iPad mini case” color red with a value of $21.14. Mug shot attached.

According to her it was a mistake

An attorney handling her case, Hubert Santos, stated that the arrest stemmed from a mistake Dashwood made while using a self-service checkout machine. She had purchased $30 worth of merchandise, but had accidentally forgotten to pay for "an ipod or ipad case", leading to her arrest.

She was still found guilty and got community service

When she appeared in community court earlier today, WWE Diva Emma was told that upon completion of an online course and her community service, the seventh-degree larceny charge and her arrest will be thrown out.

She was barely getting pushed before, I think this might hurt her even more. Knowing WWE they will probably use it in story-lines and have her new gimmick be that she likes to steal things backstage or something.

I think it was a mistake with the self serve lane. I don't see why she would pay for $30 worth of stuff, but steal a $20 item. I've also never heard of anyone being arrested for stealing something under $100, usually you just get removed from the store and are given a fine.

I would hope the big wigs at WWE are smart enough to see it was a mistake. It would suck for this to hurt her career.

I think it was a mistake with the self serve lane. I don't see why she would pay for $30 worth of stuff, but steal a $20 item. I've also never heard of anyone being arrested for stealing something under $100, usually you just get removed from the store and are given a fine.

I would hope the big wigs at WWE are smart enough to see it was a mistake. It would suck for this to hurt her career.

Well she was fired and then rehired today :(

http://pwinsider.com/article/86685/update-on-status-of-released-wwe-diva.html?p=1

WWE has announced the following:

Upon further evaluation, WWE has reinstated Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) but will take appropriate punitive action for her violation of the law.

Earlier in the day, WWE announced that Emma had been released.

http://pwinsider.com/article/86688/why-diva-was-reinstated-cena-title-win-a-mistake-major-rock-film-to-open-week-after-wrestlemania-31-diva-to-host-new-series-and-more-.html?p=1

In asking around, one of the beliefs as to why Emma was reinstated was that other talents have been arrested for far more serious crimes and were not let go, which could have left the door open for questions to WWE about why she was let go for a far lesser offense. A few wrestlers also believed that TMZ running a headline noting she was let go for a $22 item could have led to WWE re-thinking the release as it made them look bad. The release did catch a lot of people within the company by surprise today since it seemed to have blown over by yesterday once it was ruled that if she followed the orders of the court, the charges would be thrown out. WWE did note she would be undergoing punishment for the issue but did not specify what that could be.