The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So, how much is the network again? $9.99?  Is it $9.99?  Can't quite remember, I think it's $9.99.  If only they would air an episode of RAW that would clear up the pricing of the Network because I can't remember if it's $9.99!!  ...$9.99.

Maybe this will help ^_^

• Like 1

I actually thought that 9.99 stuff was funny, when HHH was doing it & the crowd participated. But then Lawler had to ruin it by saying it every 30 seconds, in a 3 hour show.

The opening promo was great, felt very DX'y the way HHH was delivering it.  They definitely should have left it up to him to drive home the point instead of the announce team.  It reminded me of heel announcer Michael Cole, when he dominated every show and his character was everywhere, during every segment, or letting "fandango'ing" go from something that was growing organically to shoving it down our throats every chance they got.  Sometimes they need to know when to back off.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

My wife wanted to throw her bottle of tea at the TV after like the 15th time the WWE network was mentioned last Monday LOL. I couldn't blame

her. It was just downright disgraceful. Just shameless. And annoying.

I think it was when JBL held up a sign that said 9.99 is when it became pathetic.

Well, WWE just fired Del Rio for unprofessional conduct with an employee. Rumors are, he slapped an official.

Del Rio was going to leave when his contract expired later this year anyway, so I'm not too upset. I always liked his in ring work, but he was so boring as a heel.

I'm just now hearing about this. Now what could of possessed Del Rio to slap an official? And by "official" do you mean referee?

I would think it would be someone higher up than a referee. I can see him getting suspended for slapping a ref, but not fired. It was probably someone with way more power.

I'm just now hearing about this. Now what could of possessed Del Rio to slap an official? And by "official" do you mean referee?

Well his contract is expiring and he has been pretty clear he is not resigning, he is probably annoyed about his position on the card and finally his friend Ricardo was just let go by the company. So all of that could have led him to snapping. I am not condoning what he did, but just offering some reasons.

Del Rio's gone? Adios! Maybe TNA will pick him up. "What's Antonio Del Rojo doing in the Impact Zone?!".

Del Rio's SummerSlam stats. 

2011 SummerSlam - Wins WWE title
2012 SummerSlam - Worked World title match
2013 SummerSlam - Retains World title
2014 SummerSlam - Released 

I heard a rumour that the employee was The Miz.

Update on the ADR situation. From F4W  http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0809/579819/report-on-identity-of-the-wwe-employee-alberto-del-rio-was-fired/

The name of Alberto Del Rio remains a hot topic after the four-time world champion was released from his WWE contract on Thursday.

Shortly after WWE announced that Del Rio was let go "due to unprofessional conduct and an altercation with an employee," Ring of Honor founder and RF Video owner Rob Feinstein claimed that Del Rio slapped a member of WWE's social media team at a television taping this week. This claim was backed up by both F4WOnline.com and PWInsider.com. To add a new layer to the story, the identity of the person Del Rio had the backstage altercation with has apparently been revealed.

As members of the F4WOnline.com message board were discussing Del Rio's termination and speculating which WWE employee was on the receiving end of his slap, Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer remarked "Cody Barbierri."

On LinkedIn and Twitter, Barbierri identifies himself as WWE's manager of social media live events. Though not identified by name, F4WOnline.com's updated story on Del Rio's termination says the altercation involved the social media manager of WWE.

According to the new report, WWE's social media manager was supposedly asked to wipe his plate clean following a meal in catering. He allegedly joked that it was Del Rio's job to clean the plate, which could be perceived as racist by Hispanic people. Del Rio was informed of the comment, and confronted him. The individual did not apologize for his remark and then smiled at him. Fuming, Del Rio slapped him.

Addressing the matter Friday evening, WWE released a statement via Twitter asking fans to direct their anger toward Del Rio since he did not conduct himself in a professional matter: "@VivaDelRio is responsible for his own actions. If you're angry at anyone, be angry at Alberto. There's no excuse for a pro athlete not to conduct themselves in a professional manner."

Paul "Triple H" Levesque, WWE's Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events and Creative, re-Tweeted the comment in its entirety.

If this is true that Social Media Manager should have been fired as well.

Del Rio's gone? Adios! Maybe TNA will pick him up. "What's Antonio Del Rojo doing in the Impact Zone?!".

I think he'll go back to Mexico, and wrestle as Dos Caras Jr. again. Plus, TNA is done in October (unless they find a new TV deal) so I doubt he'd want to go there.

Spike TV decided not to renew their TV deal. So TNA ends on the first of October, unless they find a new network to buy them.

Aren't you jumping the Gun a Bit saying the company will just "End" because Spike didn't renew the Broadcasting Deal.

You know Spike Isn't the TV Deal that Broadcasts TNA throughout the World.

They have other Broadcasting Partnerships with Networks like "Challenge", "Viva Sports", "FuelTV" who handle different country tv broadcasts. 

So I strongly doubt the idea of them not being able to get someone to agree to a deal.

I Don't expect their company dying especially after Bringing back the 6 Sided Ring & delivering Great Quality Shows as of late.

IDK why people are believing the same dirt sheets that have been claiming A CM Punk Return every Raw Weekly.

The only thing that can be taken as true is "Spike is no longer Broadcasting TNA"

This is big news because Spike has been broadcasting the show Since 2005 for over 9 years, and who broadcasted before that?... Fox Sports Net, and when they declined a renew Deal; TNA managed without it till they found Spike(even @ a smaller budget then they have now).

So I Don't in the slightest believe none of these rumors of the company going out of business any time soon. 

Even a company like PWG with a small Budget has been going strong without a TV Deal @ all, so Don't think TNA can't either.

They'll Simply TV Broadcast again Under another Umbrella.

I thought I'd give RAW another try last night for the first time in months, stopped watching due to it being overly long (it could be an hour long in terms of worthwhile content) Nothing of note seems to ever happen, piss poor matches with very rare exceptions, and commentary which I find to be very cringe worthy. (To think there was a time when King was actually entertaining!)

My thoughts... Paul Heyman is still great as always, Stephanie has actually got me sort of interested in a woman's match for the first time ever, and the Nash is finally starting to look his age.

I shall definitely just stick to watching the major PPV events from now on, I'm looking forward to SummerSlam purely to watch Brock Lesnar win.

• Like 2

Face-palmed last night when they tried to play the Daniel Bryan cheated on brie with his physio-therapist. I mean he is probably the most humble/nicest guy in the business. 

They hired Jaida(Real Name Chelsea Green) to play Megan, here's her twitter:

https://twitter.com/chelseaagreen

LOL @ Lance Storm for leaking this info.

Anyway I Predicted this Angle being played the moment Steph put the picture of Bryan & Her on the Screen.

I was literally calling every single spot they made while Face Palming the fact that I was being right with it.

Honestly that was the worst part of Raw for me to the point I was Disgusted @ them Damaging Bryan's Real life Nice guy Credibility playing this Affair Card just to pull the File Charges Angle later.

That Angle really pissed me off, and the chat i was in didn't like it either(Chat practically bashed the WWE during the last hour, was more entertained by the chat over the whole show TBH).

They hired Jaida(Real Name Chelsea Green) to play Megan, here's her twitter:

https://twitter.com/chelseaagreen

LOL @ Lance Storm for leaking this info.

Anyway I Predicted this Angle being played the moment Steph put the picture of Bryan & Her on the Screen.

I was literally calling every single spot they made while Face Palming the fact that I was being right with it.

Honestly that was the worst part of Raw for me to the point I was Disgusted @ them Damaging Bryan's Real life Nice guy Credibility playing this Affair Card just to pull the File Charges Angle later.

That Angle really pissed me off, and the chat i was in didn't like it either(Chat practically bashed the WWE during the last hour, was more entertained by the chat over the whole show TBH).

It's super dumb that they even bothererd with this thing. This is the same thing they did with AJ Styles a little over a year ago in TNA.