The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I watch every once in a while but always keep updated with reviews or summaries of the events.

The last PPV I watched as it happened was this year's Wrestlemania; 18 seconds truly pissed me off beyond all reason, but the crowd chanting Daniel Bryan's name for so long, plus Taker beating Haitch and Rock beating Cena turned it around and I left me happy lol. It also helps that DBD exploded with the YES chants and now the anger management thing, but it sucks that on the other hand Sheamus has become another face that is difficult to get behind and cheer. I don't hate Cena but find him and Sheamus extremely boring, it's gotten to the point that heels not only seem to be on the right but also seem more like heroic underdogs than the supposedly good guys.

• Like 1

I watch every once in a while but always keep updated with reviews or summaries of the events.

The last PPV I watched as it happened was this year's Wrestlemania; 18 seconds truly pissed me off beyond all reason, but the crowd chanting Daniel Bryan's name for so long, plus Taker beating Haitch and Rock beating Cena turned it around and I left me happy lol. It also helps that DBD exploded with the YES chants and now the anger management thing, but it sucks that on the other hand Sheamus has become another face that is difficult to get behind and cheer. I don't hate Cena but find him and Sheamus extremely boring, it's gotten to the point that heels not only seem to be on the right but also seem more like heroic underdogs than the supposedly good guys.

Agreed.

I've found myself rooting for the heels as well. The problem with faces in WWE today are that they are always predictable and booked to win everything. It ruins the hype and suspense. Seriously, when was the last time Sheamus lost a match? And his feud with Del Rio has been a complete bore. He's beaten him like 5 PPV's in a row each time. I hope Sheamus loses his title to someone like Orton or Barrett. Orton is one of the very few faces I like because he's not as predictable, though I heard he might be turning heel soon.

Sheamus has become completely boring, what was the point of banning the brogue kick only to re-instate in just before the ppv, Del Rio just isn't generating that much heat. Hoping Barrett gets back into the title picture soon.

I am quite enjoying the Kane and Bryan partnership I am hoping it means a rejuvenated tag team I miss the Dudley's, Hardy's & E&C TLC matches. Ah the good old days "Devon, Get The Tables".

Me! I'm not as big as a fan as I was years ago, I mean, the characters are just so bland, and everything is just so expected, back then even jobbers had characters. And main eventers formed tag teams and went into the tag division, it seems they're slowly improving the TT division now a days with Kane and Bryan (IMO best story in WWE currently.)

I've found myself rooting for the heels as well. The problem with faces in WWE today are that they are always predictable and booked to win everything. It ruins the hype and suspense. Seriously, when was the last time Sheamus lost a match? And his feud with Del Rio has been a complete bore. He's beaten him like 5 PPV's in a row each time. I hope Sheamus loses his title to someone like Orton or Barrett. Orton is one of the very few faces I like because he's not as predictable, though I heard he might be turning heel soon.

Sheamus has become completely boring, what was the point of banning the brogue kick only to re-instate in just before the ppv, Del Rio just isn't generating that much heat. Hoping Barrett gets back into the title picture soon.

I am quite enjoying the Kane and Bryan partnership I am hoping it means a rejuvenated tag team I miss the Dudley's, Hardy's & E&C TLC matches. Ah the good old days "Devon, Get The Tables".

Take out Randy "I never put anyone over ever" Orton and replace him with Ziggler and I'm on board. The last thing the company needs right now is another Orton run. Ziggler has more than proven that he has what it takes to break through to the top and there's no better time than now for it to happen. The WWE seems to be in a transitional phase right now and guys like Rey, HHH, HBK, Jericho, etc. etc. are fading away. Cena and Orton can only be on top for so long before people are gonna get bored (most of the fanbase already is) and it's time to give the Sandows and Zigglers of the company a chance to grab that brass ring.

Oh yeah, I'd rather slam my wiener in the door than see Goldb... er, Ryback get a main event push (which looks like is what's gonna happen). I know he qualifies as one of the young talents I referred to above but the guy looks like he's dangerous in the ring and I'm counting the days until he hurts someone with his stiff, sloppy work. Just like Barrett and his "wasteland" finisher.

Orton has put over Mark Henry at Night of Champions, Wade Barrett at Survivor Series, Kane at Wrestlemania 28, as well as Daniel Bryan and Ziggler on several Raw/Smackdown episodes. If there's anyone in WWE who hasn't put anyone over it's Sheamus. Even Cena has put more guys over than him. Orton hasn't even been in the main event spot since 2011 so I don't know what anyone has against him. He may be an asshole in person at times but he's a good performer and that's all that matters when watching WWE.

• 2 months later...

I was a big fan of the Atittude era, and I enjoyed a lot on the Ruthless Agression era, then I turned pg and a lot of superstar leave for one reason or another and it just wasnt the same.

I feel the current rooster to lack of something that the older superstars got, I dont know if its charisma or what, but almost all the wrestlers look the same to me now, they all go by the regular names and use the same outfits, the divas division sucks big time now ( Lita I miss you : ) I check raw from time to time anyway to see how its going.

Masked Kane rules!!

• 1 month later...

Been watching it for as long as I can remember(mainly Raw and its various incarnations). Huge stone cold fan growing up, the take no nonsense straight up toughest S.O.B around. I'm an insomniac so i will often watch Raw live but its mainly on in the background while I am doing something else as it has just become so bland and predictable these days. As for Cena, he is the face of the PG era, the kids favourite star*, I have no personal love/hate reaction to the guy.

• 3 weeks later...

I just started watching WWE again not too long ago. I really haven't been into wrestling hardcore since WWF/WCW/ECW were all still around. I mainly started watching again because I loved CM Punk and Bryan Danielson when they were in Ring of Honor. Since I started watching regularly again I've been getting into the Wade Barret character

Interesting road to Wrestlemania ahead... Will we see the inevitable Cena vs Rock II, HHH vs Lesnar II and CM Punk vs Undertaker .. is it 3? I have no idea. Or will they swerve us into another direction.. I'm hoping the latter, time will tell.

I've probably posted here before but I'm a big WWE fan haven't missed raw in a year.

I wonder if The Shield is gonna face somebody at WM, they Vs Sheamus, Ryback and Randy Orton could be an interesting match.

Already happening at elimination chamber =), really hope the shield wins.

I wanna see a match between...Ryback vs Mark Henry @ WrestleMania...cuz i would like to see Henry destroy Ryback=P

Ryback would win that match unfortunately. =/

I've been a fan forever, but it's really bad now, wish it was like it used to be.

WWE has become wholly predictable. Even more worryingly, it seems like they've completely taken control out of the wrestlers' hands in terms of character development; all of the greats had a firm say in how their character developed, acted and was portrayed - they were the predominant creative force behind their character, the primary example of that would obviously be one Stone Cold Steve Austin. Moreover, they also seem at a loss as how to create future stars for the company, and almost afraid to give up-and-coming a real chance to steal the show, instead they continue to opt for older wrestlers for the main events.

I've been keenly watching wrestling again recently, as the Royal Rumble was always my favourite PPV and Wrestlemania season was something to savour growing up. But, after watching the Royal Rumble it just really highlighted WWE's ineptitude and unwillingness to take a chance. John Cena didn't need the Rumble win, nor frankly did he deserve it. Why didn't WWE use the opportunity to surprise the fanbase and help push a younger star by letting someone like Ziggler, Cesaro, Rhodes or Shadow win the Rumble? I know it's a money bracket, and Rock vs Cena would obviously garner more financial interest than, say, Rock vs Rhodes, but WWE has to take a chance soon; Cena's not getting any younger, after all.

Also, if Punk did retain his WWE belt it would have cemented his status as best in the world; having him drop the belt to The Rock really did undo all the fantastic work Punk had done in the past year of making the belt prestigious, which it hasn't been in years. Again, why not have a younger star win the belt off Punk? I'm just hoping the team of Punk Heyman, The Shield and Lesnar can create something special during this Wrestlemania season.

• Like 2

Can anyone proof or debunk this rumor that Jeff Hardy TNA's contract is due to expire this month, and rumors are floating that he might rejoin WWE and wrestle CM Punk @ WrestleMania...any truth to this???...

btw the match on Raw between Y2J & CM Punk was a classic =D...

Edited by ZeRoCoOL06

Can anyone proof or debunk this rumor that Jeff Hardy TNA's contract is due to expire this month, and rumors are floating that he might rejoin WWE and wrestle CM Punk @ WrestleMania...any truth to this???...

I don't know if its true but I hope it isn't, I never liked Jeff for some reason, maybe because I only saw him during that time when WWE was reaaaally bad (around the time HBK left) and his character had no apeal to me.

Jeff has resigned a long-term contract with TNA, so he will not be back at the WWE.

I just started watching WWE again not too long ago. I really haven't been into wrestling hardcore since WWF/WCW/ECW were all still around. I mainly started watching again because I loved CM Punk and Bryan Danielson when they were in Ring of Honor. Since I started watching regularly again I've been getting into the Wade Barret character

If you can (and haven't yet), try and check out NXT. Chris Hero, aka Kassius Ohno, is on the roster there and El Generico just got signed... he should be showing up real soon. Not to mention the work of guys like the Bray Wyatt family, Bronson and, more recently Adrian Neville (the man that gravity forgot). NXT is kickin' ass lately.

• Like 1