The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I understand why the crowds chant for Punk. He was one of the best things in WWE for the last 4 years. So of course people are missing him, especially since the product is shit right now. But I don't think they should chant his name during AJ stuff. Chant his name during boring matches, or stupid segments. Whenever the Bellas are on screen, whenever Adam Rose and the bunny are on screen, etc.

As for Punk, I see him coming back within the next 2 years. His situation feels the same as Jericho's situation in 2005. He's burnt out, he's hurt, and creative has nothing for him. So he just leaves to enjoy his life. Just like Jericho, he's "retired". Both men have been wrestling their whole lives, and they can't stay away from it. Jericho needed a break, and I'm sure Punk just needs a break.

So, The Rock coming back was a huge surprise last night. Even bigger surprise is that it looks like he'll be feuding with Rusev. I can't believe WWE actually got a monster heel gimmick to work, it's been so long. Rusev is obviously on his way up, which is great. I was worried they would just ruin it.

Also, I have no idea what's happening with the Wyatt's. The promos from a couple weeks ago made it look like Harper was breaking off. But now it just looks like creepy promos about how Bryan saved Harper and Rowan. The pregnant belly, and Bray saying "It's coming" makes me think we'll see a new member of the family soon.

It's weird how WWE got some things right (Shield, Rusev) yet they managed to fuck up the Wyatt family. Rookies need to stay away from storylines with Cena. Let's see if Ambrose and Rollins make it out alive.

So, The Rock coming back was a huge surprise last night. Even bigger surprise is that it looks like he'll be feuding with Rusev. I can't believe WWE actually got a monster heel gimmick to work, it's been so long. Rusev is obviously on his way up, which is great. I was worried they would just ruin it.

Also, I have no idea what's happening with the Wyatt's. The promos from a couple weeks ago made it look like Harper was breaking off. But now it just looks like creepy promos about how Bryan saved Harper and Rowan. The pregnant belly, and Bray saying "It's coming" makes me think we'll see a new member of the family soon.

It's weird how WWE got some things right (Shield, Rusev) yet they managed to fuck up the Wyatt family. Rookies need to stay away from storylines with Cena. Let's see if Ambrose and Rollins make it out alive.

I was reading that Vince wants to break the family up and push Harper because he thinks Harper will be a bigger star that Bray.   HHH is, of course, against it but didn't resist because Vince is dead set on the split.

• Like 1

Ambrose v. Rollins MUST happen at Hell in a Cell.

From recent news, The Rock returning seems to be hype for Brock v. Rock match; likely at Survivor Series. Which will lead to a cash-in from Rollins in order for Dwayne and Lesnar to depart for outside tenures. Alternatively, Rock v. Cena III (please, no).

I'm waiting for the Rusev and Cesaro team up on the 'Main Roster.

If the The Wyatt Family is possibly being separated, perhaps Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt will become a dual tag team, pursing the WWE Tag Team Championship. They are brothers, after all.

tumblr_lpygnaBaq91qlb2lvo1_500-1246494.j

The newest rumors are that Bray is going to be put with a new tag team (c'mon repackaged Ascension!!), which is why Harper and Rowan have been "set free".   Also, another gap between Vince and HHH over what to do with the Wyatt family.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/discombobulated-state-wyatt-family/

Edited by skidmarkgn

yes but how disrespectful is that to AJ. Here is a woman who is busting her ass in the ring but the stupid crowds would rather ignore her and cheer for her husband. You know the guy that walked out on the company without even the concern of saying bye to the fans.

He said bye haha I was at Royal Rumble when he was walking back after being eliminated he waved to our section.

Is Lesnar even going to have a match at Hell in a Cell? I know he's only contracted for occasional appearances but i thought he would at least wrestle at every PPV while he is the WWEWHC.

It's kind of ridiculous that the main 2 titles in WWE have become one and now it only gets defended once every few months...this is WWE, not UFC.

I reckon Lesnar will continue to reign as WWEWHC until Wrestlemania 31 where he'll probably pass the torch to Roman Reigns.

Is Lesnar even going to have a match at Hell in a Cell? I know he's only contracted for occasional appearances but i thought he would at least wrestle at every PPV while he is the WWEWHC.

It's kind of ridiculous that the main 2 titles in WWE have become one and now it only gets defended once every few months...this is WWE, not UFC.

I reckon Lesnar will continue to reign as WWEWHC until Wrestlemania 31 where he'll probably pass the torch to Roman Reigns.

No he's not, and I'm OK with that. Honestly, who would he wrestle? Cena again? Big Show, for no reason? He doesn't need to be at every PPV, especially if he would just get some worthless throwaway match. Plus, with him being out, it gives the other guys a chance at the spotlight. Look at it this way, would Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins be main eventing the PPV if we had a WWEWHC match?

No he's not, and I'm OK with that. Honestly, who would he wrestle? Cena again? Big Show, for no reason? He doesn't need to be at every PPV, especially if he would just get some worthless throwaway match. Plus, with him being out, it gives the other guys a chance at the spotlight. Look at it this way, would Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins be main eventing the PPV if we had a WWEWHC match?

He could wrestle Orton, i've been wanting to see that for years. But then again, i guess it wouldn't work very well right now considering they're both heel.

The WHC match for Wrestlemania is dependent on a couple things right now.  Vince wants to do Rock/Brock (worst idea ever) and even that is up in the air if it's gonna be for the title.  It looks like Brock/Reigns (the match HHH wanted) is off the table because of Reigns' injury, and Brock/Bryan is a complete mystery because no one knows when D-Bry will be back.  Seems like we'll just have to wait and see right now.  As much as I hate to say it, they need to take the title off of Brock ASAP.  They honestly blew a golden opportunity at the last PPV with the failed cash in.  Rollins could have defended against Cena at Hell in a Cell and finished with Ambrose interfering, leaving the WHC program with several options moving forward.

The WHC match for Wrestlemania is dependent on a couple things right now.  Vince wants to do Rock/Brock (worst idea ever) and even that is up in the air if it's gonna be for the title.  It looks like Brock/Reigns (the match HHH wanted) is off the table because of Reigns' injury, and Brock/Bryan is a complete mystery because no one knows when D-Bry will be back.  Seems like we'll just have to wait and see right now.  As much as I hate to say it, they need to take the title off of Brock ASAP.  They honestly blew a golden opportunity at the last PPV with the failed cash in.  Rollins could have defended against Cena at Hell in a Cell and finished with Ambrose interfering, leaving the WHC program with several options moving forward.

Agreed but Reigns isn't going to be out for that long with his injury, he should be able to return on time for the Royal Rumble to win and face Lesnar at the main event of Wrestlemania.

I really hope we don't see Rock main eventing another Wrestlemania, i can't stand the guy, he returns to steal the spotlight from the active roster at the biggest PPV of the year, this is why CM Punk left.

Agreed but Reigns isn't going to be out for that long with his injury, he should be able to return on time for the Royal Rumble to win and face Lesnar at the main event of Wrestlemania.

I really hope we don't see Rock main eventing another Wrestlemania, i can't stand the guy, he returns to steal the spotlight from the active roster at the biggest PPV of the year, this is why CM Punk left.

Don't blame the Rock for that, blame Vince for not creating new guys and blame the roster for not being as over as the Rock.

The Rock (despite what you might think of him) is one of the all time greats and there is a reason that PPVs do a huge jump when he is on them. There are very few legit PPV draws in wrestling history and The Rock is one of them.

Also anyone on the roster complaining about the Rock coming back should really have their heads examined. Rock coming back means more eyes on the products. More eyes on the product means that that roster has more people checking them out. It is now their jobs to make sure they take advantage of all those eyes watching and steal the show. That way they can become the next Rock/Austin/Cena etc.

Also anyone on the roster complaining about the Rock coming back should really have their heads examined. Rock coming back means more eyes on the products. More eyes on the product means that that roster has more people checking them out. It is now their jobs to make sure they take advantage of all those eyes watching and steal the show. That way they can become the next Rock/Austin/Cena etc.

I agree that the younger guys shouldn't complain about Rock (and others) coming back. But they should complain when those guys come back, and steal the Wrestlemania main event. If you're someone like Bryan, Punk, Cesaro, Ziggler, etc. and you work all year, only to have a movie star walk in and get the main event of the biggest show of the year, would you be pissed?

Part timers making returns is great, as you said, it gets some older fans to tune back in and see the new talent. But then the new talent is pushed aside in 2 or 3 minute matches, so these part timers can get 10-15 minutes for their match.

Now, what happens after these guys leave again? A small percentage of the older fans stick around, because they are interested. The majority goes back to not caring. For those who stick around, WWE rewards them by completely ignoring who they want to see (example, Cesaro after WM30) and they continue to push guys like Cena and Orton.

So, in the end, what did any of that accomplish? The part timers stole match time and main events from the younger talent. The talent got nothing out of it. Since, regardless of how popular they became, Vince will push who he wants anyway. And the part timers are gone again, along with all the older "fans" who don't really care about wrestling anymore.

So... the 08/25/2014 RAW wasn't a burial of The Wyatt Family you said?? Yeah okay. All the Cena pussies have no argument anymore. Vince is a senile old man who needs to let go now. Let Steph & HHH call the shots. 

Someone here posted about old wrestling fans coming back and getting hooked on the new talent? I was one of them. The WWE '13 game brought me back into it. Then I familiarised myself with WWE of the last 10 years 2002-2011-ish. Cena this, Cena that. I started watching RAW and Smackdown again until 08/25/2014 happened. The Wyatt Family was so awesome to me. THAT was my thing. THEY were my guys too root for. I was SOLD on The Wyatts. And Vince (or whomever) just pissed it all away with more Cena garbage. Now I've lost interest in the "product" again. The video games are cool. The show sucks.

Looks like they aren't, we're getting another generic Cena vs Orton main event.

Cena vs. Orton is the second main event, Ambrose vs. Rollins is still ending the night. The contract match last night implied that the match with Rollins was more important, seeing as how the winner gets Rollins. The loser gets Orton in a consolation prize match, I don't see that ending the PPV.

Also, WWE needs to stop hyping Cena/Orton as this generations Rock/Austin. Orton is probably only Cena's 3rd best rival. Even then, I never really saw it as a great rivalry.

I agree that the younger guys shouldn't complain about Rock (and others) coming back. But they should complain when those guys come back, and steal the Wrestlemania main event. If you're someone like Bryan, Punk, Cesaro, Ziggler, etc. and you work all year, only to have a movie star walk in and get the main event of the biggest show of the year, would you be pissed?

Part timers making returns is great, as you said, it gets some older fans to tune back in and see the new talent. But then the new talent is pushed aside in 2 or 3 minute matches, so these part timers can get 10-15 minutes for their match promos.

Now, what happens after these guys leave again? A small percentage of the older fans stick around, because they are interested. The majority goes back to not caring. For those who stick around, WWE rewards them by completely ignoring who they want to see (example, Cesaro after WM30) and they continue to push guys like Cena and Orton.

So, in the end, what did any of that accomplish? The part timers stole match time and main events from the younger talent. The talent got nothing out of it. Since, regardless of how popular they became, Vince will push who he wants anyway. And the part timers are gone again, along with all the older "fans" who don't really care about wrestling anymore.

There, fixed it for you  :P

• Like 2

Cena vs. Orton is the second main event, Ambrose vs. Rollins is still ending the night. The contract match last night implied that the match with Rollins was more important, seeing as how the winner gets Rollins. The loser gets Orton in a consolation prize match, I don't see that ending the PPV.

Also, WWE needs to stop hyping Cena/Orton as this generations Rock/Austin. Orton is probably only Cena's 3rd best rival. Even then, I never really saw it as a great rivalry.

Cena vs Orton is the main event and is ending the night actually, they said on Raw last night. Even though Ambrose won he's still not over enough for Vince/HHH to let him main event a PPV.

Also, Orton is a much better wrestler than The Rock. The Rock is nothing but a sell out suck up.

Cena vs Orton is the main event and is ending the night actually, they said on Raw last night. Even though Ambrose won he's still not over enough for Vince/HHH to let him main event a PPV.

Also, Orton is a much better wrestler than The Rock. The Rock is nothing but a sell out suck up.

If someone came up to me and said "hey, you can either be on the road working, destroying your body for a minimum of 300 days a year while being endlessly criticized by the internet minority.  Or, you could work a few months out of the year every few years, have other people take your lumps, make triple the money and actually be more famous... while still being criticized by the internet minority."  I'd be a sell out suck up too.  Pretty sure 99% of the worlds population would be too.

I'm not a huge Rock fan, and would prefer he either come back to help a fresh talent (like he did with Rusev) and stay out of the title picture, or just stay gone, but ragging on him for leaving the industry to be a (still) famous gazillionaire is insane to me.  

Almost forgot.  What was more impressive:  Ziggler/Orton's RKO spot

or Rusev's dropkick to show?

http://i.imgur.com/jaWvmnd.gif

I can't decide, they were both freakin' amazing.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Almost forgot.  What was more impressive:  Ziggler/Orton's RKO spot or Rusev's dropkick to show?  I can't decide, they were both freakin' amazing.

Rusev's dropkick. Orton's RKO was cool, but really, he just put his arms around Ziggler before he fell. Rusev's dropkick really impressed me, had no idea he could get that high.

Rusev's dropkick. Orton's RKO was cool, but really, he just put his arms around Ziggler before he fell. Rusev's dropkick really impressed me, had no idea he could get that high.

The timing it would take to grab Ziggler's head and fall simultaneously so they both land flush at the same time is incredible to me.  Not to mention Ziggler's ability to go from sitting on Orton's shoulders to being parallel to the ground before coming down... amazing.  But yeah, I agree.  The athleticism it takes for a guy Rusev's size to be able to get high enough to dropkick a 7 foot man is more impressive to me too now that I think about it.

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins -feud really good all around. Big show never liked him. Rusev is a joke. Roman Reigns needs some practice with his mic skills and you can't teach charisma. John Cena has to put over younger talent and that's the bottom line. Isn't 9-10 years at the main spot enough for him?

• Like 1