The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Anyone Notice Seth & Dolph(Mainly Seth) Took A 4-6 min Ref-Bump before that pin Finish, during the whole Sting(He took his time to reach the ring..lol) & HHH SegmentI Would have understood the Pin Finish if Sting Picked up Seth & Scorpion Death Dropped him too, but to simply just switch the hands for the cover?....I was literally left asking myself "Really? I'm supposed to believe After 5 min(Not counting the time during HHH's Beating on Dolph) of resting, he couldn't kick out; when minutes before the segment started, he was rolling around the ring(During the HHH beating)?".

I feel like that 1's going on Botchamania somehow.

I'm not trying to bash the PPV, I just found that very odd. Would have believed the angle if Sting @ least did anything(even a close line) on Seth to make me believe that Pin finish.

If they are going for a Triple H/Sting Angle for Wrestlemania, it's going to be terrible. WWE/Triple H will bury Sting at Wrestlemania just to prove that they can. Both wrestlers have nothing to prove in their career (they have many accolades) but it goes to show how Triple H has pull to bury any wrestler (He's been doing in for years) SMFH....

If they are going for a Triple H/Sting Angle for Wrestlemania, it's going to be terrible. WWE/Triple H will bury Sting at Wrestlemania just to prove that they can. Both wrestlers have nothing to prove in their career (they have many accolades) but it goes to show how Triple H has pull to bury any wrestler (He's been doing in for years) SMFH....

I think the match can be good, if done right. Don't let the 'HHH buries everyone' stuff get to you. Sting will win the match. Do you think he'd ever sign with the WWE if he knew that he would lose his (maybe only one) Wrestlemania match?

I think the match can be good, if done right. Don't let the 'HHH buries everyone' stuff get to you. Sting will win the match. Do you think he'd ever sign with the WWE if he knew that he would lose his (maybe only one) Wrestlemania match?

If it was against Taker I could see Sting losing (or at best going to a no Contest). Against HHH he better win.

If it was against Taker I could see Sting losing (or at best going to a no Contest). Against HHH he better win.

Funny thing is: if it's against Taker (like everyone, Steve Borden included, want it to be), Taker doesn't have to win

It's one of the only opportunities where you can main event a match, and it just doesn't matter who wins.

So Sting not being on Raw.... does this mean he was a one time thing?

Not the best answer but I found this quote from wrestlingnewsworld.

"Sting does indeed have an agreement with WWE to work and is very much in the conversation for Wrestlemania 31.

The reason we aren’t “confirming Sting for Wrestlemania” is because we haven’t heard the latest plans for the show next year. However, based on the booking at Survivor Series, the company is clearly testing the waters for a potential singles match against Triple H. Sting has made it quite clear he wants one more match, a match against The Undertaker. Such a bout hinges in large part on Undertaker’s desire. The fact “the streak” is no more will not factor into the decision for such a match."

Not the best answer but I found this quote from wrestlingnewsworld.

"Sting does indeed have an agreement with WWE to work and is very much in the conversation for Wrestlemania 31.

The reason we aren’t “confirming Sting for Wrestlemania” is because we haven’t heard the latest plans for the show next year. However, based on the booking at Survivor Series, the company is clearly testing the waters for a potential singles match against Triple H. Sting has made it quite clear he wants one more match, a match against The Undertaker. Such a bout hinges in large part on Undertaker’s desire. The fact “the streak” is no more will not factor into the decision for such a match."

To speak honestly, IMO, it does make a difference that The Undertaker's streak is no longer intact. What's the point of Taker vs Sting at a Wrestlemania now? The Streak was what would have raised the stakes and suspense even higher because it would be almost positive certain that Taker's streak would be ended by Sting .... or would it? But with The Streak gone, it might as well be Triple H vs Sting.

To speak honestly, IMO, it does make a difference that The Undertaker's streak is no longer intact. What's the point of Taker vs Sting at a Wrestlemania now? The Streak was what would have raised the stakes and suspense even higher because it would be almost positive certain that Taker's streak would be ended by Sting .... or would it? But with The Streak gone, it might as well be Triple H vs Sting.

Because, now that Taker lost the streak, the match can be more suspenseful. Instead of him having the streak, and everyone saying "Of course Taker will win, a WCW guy can't break the streak." I would still like to see the 2 in the ring, at the same time. I know, once the initial wow factor wears off, a match between them would be very slow and boring. Both guys are in their late 40s and Taker can barely move, at least not how he used to. While it would be a cool moment to see, even as just a face off, I think HHH vs. Sting is the better option right now.

While I agree Sting vs. HHH would be better for storyline/entertainment purposes, it's really really difficult to say no to the sheer spectacle of Taker/Sting facing off.  Honestly, I'll be happy no matter who Sting goes against.

Because, now that Taker lost the streak, the match can be more suspenseful. Instead of him having the streak, and everyone saying "Of course Taker will win, a WCW guy can't break the streak." I would still like to see the 2 in the ring, at the same time. I know, once the initial wow factor wears off, a match between them would be very slow and boring. Both guys are in their late 40s and Taker can barely move, at least not how he used to. While it would be a cool moment to see, even as just a face off, I think HHH vs. Sting is the better option right now.

Taker's in his late 40's (49), Sting, on the other hand, is 55.  Both guys would have to borderline kill themselves to put on the match we'd all be expecting, and there's a good chance the match could fall flat but still, like I said above, Sting and Taker, the WWE guy vs. the WCW guy, they could bill it as the last bullet of the Monday night wars, heck, they could probably dedicate an entire episode of The Monday Night Wars (which you can watch on the WWE Network for only $9.99!) to that historic match alone.

• Like 2

Taker's in his late 40's (49), Sting, on the other hand, is 55.  Both guys would have to borderline kill themselves to put on the match we'd all be expecting, and there's a good chance the match could fall flat but still, like I said above, Sting and Taker, the WWE guy vs. the WCW guy, they could bill it as the last bullet of the Monday night wars, heck, they could probably dedicate an entire episode of The Monday Night Wars (which you can watch on the WWE Network for only $9.99!) to that historic match alone.

I honestly thought Taker was older, I just guessed they were both in the late 40s. Taker looks way older than Sting, I would've never guessed Sting was 55.

While I agree Sting vs. HHH would be better for storyline/entertainment purposes, it's really really difficult to say no to the sheer spectacle of Taker/Sting facing off.  Honestly, I'll be happy no matter who Sting goes against.

That part about the final battle of the monday night wars, is a brilliant idea. I'd pay to see that.

A shame it's looking like we won't get the Sting vs Undertaker match, one of the last potential dream matchs for fans from the late 90's. Even though Taker looked bad at Wrestlemania I have no doubt they could put on a great/entertaining match, similar to Hogan/Rock. I'm not a huge Triple H fan but honestly he's the only other option for Sting, especially if it's a one match deal. Just hope his persona will be similar to '97. Keep him mysterious, showing up just to play mind games with HHH, we don't need him doing 15 minute promos.

I liked the main event of Survivor Series, rest of the show was very dull. I did quite enjoy the Tag match, suprising as WWE gives you no reason at all to care about any of those guys involved. I Fast forwarded though RAW, what I did see was awful as usual. It's not going to happen but that show needs a complete overhaul, cutting it down to 2 hours would still be an hour too long.

I'll skip the show for a while until the build up for the Rumble (unless I here of Brock or Sting doing something).

http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/27599/details

GO LISTEN NOW!! CM Punk gets everything off of his chest and tells his story! :huh:

Listening to it now, thanks for the link. For those who can't download the app that is linked here, you can maybe find this on YouTube or ITunes. It's called Art of Wrestling podcast #226: Cm Punk. It's Colt Cabana's podcast show.

Well I just finished it, it was about 2 hours long, but definitely worth it. So much information, so much of Punk sqaushing dirt sheet rumors. Just some of the major points that were really interesting (for those who won't listen to it.)

1. The Shield was Punk's idea. It was supposed to be Rollins, Ambrose, and Chris Hero. They were supposed to be a heel stable led by Punk. WWE changed their mind, and went the way they did.

2. Ryback is dangerous to work with, and he sounds a like a huge asshole. Breaking Punk's ribs on purpose, and botching multiple times in high risk spots.

3. Punk had 2 bad knees, got surgery on one. He had a concussion, broken ribs, messed up elbow, and a staph infection. All the WWE doctors offered him was antibiotics, and he kept having to wrestle through all of it.

4. He technically didn't quit the company. He told Vince and HHH that he was miserable, hurt, and he hated wrestling. He left and got all the rehab and medical attention needed.

5. He was fired from the company on his wedding day. So that whole "Punk is a quitter" stuff that Stephanie loves to bring up on Raw, is bullshit.

6. He got a concussion during the Royal Rumble match, Kane had to pull him out early. He was supposed to face Kane and eventually HHH at Wrestlemania (He was going to go over HHH). He didn't want to do either, because he's faced Kane too much, and because he doesn't like HHH and HHH doesn't like him.

7. He is friends with Batista, and they both told Vince that bringing Batista in as a face was an awful idea. The original WM main event was Orton vs. Batista. Punk argued with Vince over why Daniel Bryan wasn't in the main event, when he is white hot. The same way Punk wasn't in the main event when he was white hot. He's happy that Bryan got that moment, because they can never take it away from him.

Finally, he said the WWE made him hate pro wrestling, and he's lost the passion for it. He said he's retired, and won't be wrestling again. He's happy being married, watching hockey, and just enjoying his life.

Lost of other information in there. About Kofi, Bryan, Cena, Rusev, Lesnar, Undertaker, the money he was making, the Wrestlemania main event he never got, etc. Definitely worth the listen, for anyone interested.

About The CM Punk Podcast with Colt:

I Couldn't hear it through johnclark12's Link, So I found A separate Link from the same Site:

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/art-of-wrestling/e/36106222?autoplay=true

Instead of the Shield it was going to originally be A Heel Stable including "Big Show, Daniel Bryan, and Seth Rollins", but Punk wanted to bring up 3 guys from FCW "Dean, Seth, and Chris Hero" to serve under him to bring a Fresher angle in....But HHH Declined Hero & wanted The Pretty boy Roman Reigns instead.

Punk has Pitched many intriguing ideas that would bring more eyes to the product, but were declined by Vince...then later implemented by other guys behind his back(Orton being in 12 Rounds(it was going to be punk, but HHH put Orton instead without asking Punk), HHH Walking Floyd, and lots of things done by Cena).

He also pitched the idea to Make WM 29's Main Event "Rock Vs. Cena Vs. Punk" for the Title or even Main Event with Taker where he could Drop the Belt(i guess while still achieving his 500th Days Milestone). Punk had no issue dropping the belt to Anyone of those 3 @ that time, since he was under incredible need for a break to recover his body's injuries pilled up).

Punk's Dream in the WWE was to Main Event Wrestlemania, and he even said Vince told him after "That was the best match, it should have went last".

He also wasn't being paid the amount he felt was deserving(everyone else was being payed even more) for stealing the show from all those matches @ WM29(while being injured & Turning Heel to Help Set up the match for Cena Vs. Rock as a Favor to Vince).

The talent is frightened to question the Written Script/Booking, due to fear of getting punished/pulled from events/Shows(Where they end up not making money @ all).

Bookers/writers Like to screw talent over for being rude to them.

WWE Likes to pay their talent, less money then they should be paid("Undermine their true worth"); and work them to unbelievable lengths, while clearing them behind their backs(without their consent/knowledge, at least in Punk's case).

They had him Wrestle so many crazy matches injured, practically not truly caring for his health(he told them so many times he needed a break to recover & they declined him each time, and only offered him less then the needed time(days) to try to recover; thus booking him back to a Crazy match fest injured, until he decided as many trend "Took his ball & went home" or became "A Quieter"...lol). 

He was Fired For trying to get his "Royalties money" that they owed him anyway(From all those Shows he did before going home) in his reply to HHH's Text, and was 2 days later sent his termination Papers(saying "He was in breach of contract on Jan. 27, and he was forfeiting his royalties"; with an added "no compete clause for UFC") on his Weeding Day.

He never actually quit, but was Suspended the whole time(for trying to get his own Break from the Constant events they pilled up on him, while being incredibly injured & dealing with illnesses that the WWE refused to properly address; like having a Concussion during his final Match @ Royal Rumble, and yet clearing him when he wasn't fit to compete the following day)....Leading to Him Counter Suing the WWE, and getting What he asked for.

I also found it funny how he mentioned Chris Jericho's comment & 2k's Tweet "do we have your attention now?".

There's A lot of things I left out, but just listen to the Podcast; it's a very interesting one to be honest.

So Basically The WWE Completely Over Worked Punk, and was pushing him to compete(House Shows, Raws, TV Tapings, PPVs...etc) while having so many injuries & Illnesses just pilling up on him(that I honestly lost count of them all).

They Sucked dry the "Passion for Wrestling" right out of him, and will not be Wrestling anywhere(He is Retired, I guess).

But this does not mean Punk is not Happy right now, He is Happier then ever Married to AJ & FINALLY!! getting the time to Recover all the Fucken injuries Suffered throughout the Years.

Also he will still be doing another Podcast episode with Colt next week, addressing any questions left this week for him.

Edited by DarknessKey92