The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Okay we're hours away from TLC 2014. Let's start the predictions talk and whatnot.

We all know Ryback will come out victorious tonight, but will it even matter? I think it does, as long as the match doesn't fall flat. And ryback needs to keep his momentum going. If he falls flat again, I'm going to bet there won't be much future left for the big guy.

I hope Nikki keeps the Divas title.

Ambrose and Wyatt should be awesome. I hope tonight isn't the end of this feud. It should go on well into the Royal Rumble. There's some people who believe this feud has went cold. I disagree, but to each is own.

Couldn't care less about the tag team titles right now.

A match with Cena in it actually has me interested. Rollins Vs. Cena should be awesome. But will Randy Orton return to ruin Rollins tonight?

Okay we're hours away from TLC 2014. Let's start the predictions talk and whatnot.

We all know Ryback will come out victorious tonight, but will it even matter? I think it does, as long as the match doesn't fall flat. And ryback needs to keep his momentum going. If he falls flat again, I'm going to bet there won't be much future left for the big guy.

I hope Nikki keeps the Divas title.

Ambrose and Wyatt should be awesome. I hope tonight isn't the end of this feud. It should go on well into the Royal Rumble. There's some people who believe this feud has went cold. I disagree, but to each is own.

Couldn't care less about the tag team titles right now.

A match with Cena in it actually has me interested. Rollins Vs. Cena should be awesome. But will Randy Orton return to ruin Rollins tonight?

My 1st prediction - TLC... and stairs! won't hold a candle to R Evolution.

Now, serious predictions:

MizDow over the Uso's - Sandow is far too over to take the belts off of him... and his partner I guess.

Rowan over Big Show - Kind of going off of wishful thinking here.  Rowan needs a win to establish his singles run and hopefully Big Show puts him over.

Nikki over AJ - I still don't know if they've explained Brie's turn or not (I tend to tune out when a fully clothed Bella is on my screen) but, she costs AJ a win again.

Rusev over Swagger - I see no reason to kill Rusev's momentum by jobbing him to Swagger.

Ryback over Kane - Personally, I can't stand Ryback, never could, he needs a win to keep his push going and Kane is another "doing the honors" type of worker that can help him get over.

Harper over Ziggler - Thinking match of the night here.  Ziggler's hot right now but the WWE has proven that they have no problems cooling him off at a moments notice for whatever reason.  Harper's push continues.

Bray over Ambrose - Ambrose has been the 1-up'er during the build so Bray takes a much needed win here.  Don't think a loss would affect Ambrose's stock with the fans, Bray, on the other hand, would.

Cena over Rollins - With plenty of shenanigans afoot.  I'd love for Rollins to win.  He could have a match with Brock, lose, attack afterwards, cash-in, and win.  That would solve their part-time champion problem and give Rollins the boost needed to cement him as the top heel in the company.  But,Cena will win and blah blah blah.  Still, should be an extremely entertaining match and I'm curious to see how they'll finish it.

Pretty good PPV by my standards; certainly better than I'd anticipated.

Only two things that I have to pick out of it:

1) Ziggler needs to have some matches in which he maintains offense; he spends too many matches as the intentional underdog, taking beatings but then coming out on top. Sooner or later, he's just going to become too cliche.

2) Anyone else tired of the Rusev push? 'Cause I sure as hell am. The guy puts on the worst camel clutch (anyone can easily drop their arms over his knees and just slide or roll out for God's sake...) and we're supposed to eat it up. Are they expecting this guy to be as successful as the Iron Sheik? I don't see it working; it just eats time at this point, and I don't ever see this putting the guy over into a main event superstar with these tactics.

But yeah -- that's it for me.

I'm particularly a fan of how Roman Reigns makes his first "I'm back" promo and immediately botches it, with the mic skills of Sycho Sid and Scott Steiner. xD

• Like 1

2) Anyone else tired of the Rusev push? 'Cause I sure as hell am. The guy puts on the worst camel clutch (anyone can easily drop their arms over his knees and just slide or roll out for God's sake...) and we're supposed to eat it up. Are they expecting this guy to be as successful as the Iron Sheik? I don't see it working; it just eats time at this point, and I don't ever see this putting the guy over into a main event superstar with these tactics.

I would love to see the Iron Sheik return just to put this clown in a proper Camel Clutch, and Scream "I MAKE YOU HUMBLE!!!"..,"I would buy tickets just for that alone"

Edited by DarknessKey92

Anyone else tired of the Rusev push? 'Cause I sure as hell am. The guy puts on the worst camel clutch (anyone can easily drop their arms over his knees and just slide or roll out for God's sake...) and we're supposed to eat it up. Are they expecting this guy to be as successful as the Iron Sheik? I don't see it working; it just eats time at this point, and I don't ever see this putting the guy over into a main event superstar with these tactics.

I'm actually a big fan of Rusev. It's the first foreign heel character in years that is interesting. He just needs more opponents. Swagger, Henry, Show, etc. Are all done. To keep the story interesting, they need to give him someone new. Maybe Ryback, or Reigns, anyone who is a bigger star. As long as Rusev goes over, and he keeps winning fairly, I can see him be a legit threat to the WWE title picture.

They just keep doing what they are doing, and Rusev can be a huge star. As soon as they feed him to Cena, or make him a generic coward heel, then it's over.

• Like 1

I may be the only one who didn't like this PPV. Did you guys watch that Stairs Match? and that Chairs Match with 'dumb as fuck'? Both could not be on PPV, even the Tag Team Match. Maybe because of R Evolution, I excepted more of the Main Roster, but I already know they can't give us a good show like the NXT roster.  Ambrose vs. Bray could be better too, that end sucked so much. It's like Russo's days.  xD

• Like 1

@atlasnoel oh no sir. You are not the only one who disliked this PPV. Read the comments section on bleacher report. EVERYBODY seems to have literally hated this, even if it is ridiculous. I thought it was pretty damn good myself. Except for the Rusev match, tag titles match, and Ryback & Kane match.

People are really giving Roman Reigns a lot of shit for stuttering during his comeback promo. But yet, if it had been Randy Orton who returned instead of Reigns, everyone would say "predictable". Wrestling fans are whiners, myself included at times. But I enjoyed TLC for the most part.

@atlasnoel oh no sir. You are not the only one who disliked this PPV. Read the comments section on bleacher report. EVERYBODY seems to have literally hated this, even if it is ridiculous. I thought it was pretty damn good myself. Except for the Rusev match, tag titles match, and Ryback & Kane match.

People are really giving Roman Reigns a lot of shit for stuttering during his comeback promo. But yet, if it had been Randy Orton who returned instead of Reigns, everyone would say "predictable". Wrestling fans are whiners, myself included at times. But I enjoyed TLC for the most part.

Speaking of Orton, they have him booked for a match against Rollins for December 26th in MSG, so I can only assume that he'll make his return sometime between tonight's RAW or the next.

I may be the only one who didn't like this PPV. Did you guys watch that Stairs Match? and that Chairs Match with 'dumb as fuck'? Both could not be on PPV, even the Tag Team Match. Maybe because of R Evolution, I excepted more of the Main Roster, but I already know they can't give us a good show like the NXT roster.  Ambrose vs. Bray could be better too, that end sucked so much. It's like Russo's days.  xD

I really like the Bray/Ambrose finish.  Bray was in dire need of a PPV win and he got it without making Ambrose look weak.  Ambrose got overly aggressive and made a mistake that cost him a win, perfect finish to a match with those two personality types.

Can't speak to the PPV on a whole because I fast-forwarded through a lot of it.  The 3 big matches all delivered though.  Ziggler and Harper put themselves through the ringer to open the show and the IWC got a Ziggler momemt to enjoy, Cena and Rollins turned what was expected to be a predictable Cena win into an interesting Cena win (I thought for sure we were getting a triple threat result when they both went through the table) and a surprise-ish return with Reigns.  Bray and Amrose, in my opinion, tore the house down.  I'm also surprised to see that no one has mentioned they got a near 30 minute match to end the show.  That seems like a pretty big deal to me.  

• Like 1

Calm your tits. They didn't say he is going to be Dumbo from Disney yet. I think they'll give him an generic gimmick and left him in the Mid-Carder till he got release. Vintage Vince.  

Here's the thing, why do you think they said "it's time for him to move up to the main roster" along with the Ascension? Because they liked Adrian Neville(The Gimmick he's achieved to get over with the Crowd), and not whatever they plan to present him as now(but if you asked me, this is just so he doesn't out-due a lot of the main roster's guys).

It makes no honest sense to change a guy you were planning to use based on what your developmental product has established all this time @ the last min.

He was fine as "The Man That Gravity Forgot".

I can see HHH & Vince getting in an argument over Vince wanting to change one of HHH's guys he's had high expectations for.

Edited by DarknessKey92

I heard that since Pac/Adrian Neville is coming up to the Main Roster soon...They decided to, just like The Ascension; Change his gimmick...I heard The Hobbit(OMG No!).

The Ascension's gimmick didn't seem all that different based on the one vignette I've seen.  They dialed it up a bit but the overall feel seemed the same.

The Ascension's gimmick didn't seem all that different based on the one vignette I've seen.  They dialed it up a bit but the overall feel seemed the same.

I've heard people call them The Road Warrior Knock off already(and they haven't even debuted yet, just based on the vignette)....Apparently people are also calling them Illuminati(Which i feel they can make excellent use of that angle, because unlike the USA Vs Soviet Union Rusev Story line....is actually more modern, and has excellent heel potential).

I've heard people call them The Road Warrior Knock off already(and they haven't even debuted yet, just based on the vignette)....Apparently people are also calling them Illuminati(Which i feel they can make excellent use of that angle, because unlike the USA Vs Soviet Union Rusev Story line....is actually more modern, and has excellent heel potential).

There's a certain kind of wrestling fan out there.  They scream and complain that no one new ever gets pushed.  Then, when a new face comes along, they immediately look for something to criticize so they can deem them a failure before giving the gimmick a chance.  Those are the ones I suspect are going on about The Ascension being Road Warrior clones.

The Ascension has their own thing going.  The Road Warriors had their spikes and post-apocalyptic vibe, The Ascension has a more gothic/medieval one.  The difference between the two is very noticeable.  Also, of the most recent NXT call-ups that I can think of (off the top of my head at least), only a couple have had major gimmick changes and one was Seth Rollins, which worked out great.  Big E was 90% the same (the 5 count was removed), The Wyatts stayed the same, Paige stayed the same, Xavier Woods kinda changed but not enough to call it a repackaging (until now).  Adam Rose is the only total change and the character was his own creation that he specifically wanted to use.  Hopefully Neville will continue the trend and his character won't undergo a major transformation.  And if it does, that's not the end of the world.  Just ask Dolph "NICKY!" Ziggler.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Hey, I also think Dolph Ziggler looks like Billy Gunn.

Out of curiosity, was the vignette your only exposure to The Ascension or have you watched them work in NXT at all?  I only ask because it makes me wonder if seeing their gimmick already over the last couple years has skewed my vision of them and is causing me to not see something that's obviously there.