The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So they originally advertised Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, and Scott Hall to appear on RAW tonight. Apparently they also added Kevin Nash (who was probably kept quiet due to the fear of a torn quad on the way to the airport), and there's a handful of secret guests as well:

Ron Simmons, Jimmy Hart, Billy Gunn and X-Pac.

Should be a good night. SHOULD.

So they originally advertised Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, and Scott Hall to appear on RAW tonight. Apparently they also added Kevin Nash (who was probably kept quiet due to the fear of a torn quad on the way to the airport), and there's a handful of secret guests as well:

Ron Simmons, Jimmy Hart, Billy Gunn and X-Pac.

Should be a good night. SHOULD.

Nash was supposed to appear originally. He had an altercation with his son, so WWE suspended his Legends contract. He just got all the legal stuff cleared up, so they lifted the suspension.

Nash was supposed to appear originally. He had an altercation with his son, so WWE suspended his Legends contract. He just got all the legal stuff cleared up, so they lifted the suspension.

Totally forgot that.

So Lesnar comes out and actually starts something good -- but another 20 minute HHH/Cena promo kicked that to the curb.

Still hopeful about tonight though. 

Show needs to stop, he sell the F5 as one AA. (I know he had some problem with the F5 years ago). It was a good Raw. 

Predications for Sunday:

Outlaws vs. The Ascencion.

Paige n' Natalya vs. The Bella Twins.

The Usos vs. The Miz n' Mizdow.

Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins.

30-Man Royal Rumble Match: Daniel Bryan.

Show needs to stop, he sell the F5 as one AA. (I know he had some problem with the F5 years ago). It was a good Raw. 

Predications for Sunday:

Outlaws vs. The Ascencion.

Paige n' Natalya vs. The Bella Twins.

The Usos vs. The Miz n' Mizdow.

Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins.

30-Man Royal Rumble Match: Daniel Bryan.

Seems pretty solid, though I'd rather see the Bellas lose given Nikki's current leg injury.

I'm more interested in the strong rumors that DDP is gonna make a Rumble appearance.

The Ascension segment has me torn.  On the one hand we had "we were born and bred to rip and shred".  On the other, it spawned an APA appearance, which I will mark out for 100% of the time for the rest of time.

Anyways, the go home RAW was great.  Lesnar got busy, Sting showed up and, of course, the APA made an appearance (WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!).  Some bad time in there, like Rusev squashing Truth again and Cesaro/Kidd taking another pin but whatever.

Hopefully the WWE is going to want to pull out all the stops for the Rumble to try and sway the salty English and Irish fans that got burned a little while back with the delay.

Edited by skidmarkgn

The weakest parts were certainly the six-man tag and R-Truth/Rusev.

My thoughts on the former would simply be because they're trying to salvage the efforts put into repackaging Langston, Kingston and Woods. Unfortunately for them, no one gives a shit. Not on RAW, not on Smackdown; not even on MLK Day. They're too much of an aged gimmick that it just doesn't work the way they probably wanted it to.

As for Truth/Rusev -- I get that they're trying to say that anyone can be victorious in the Royal Rumble (shown by Truth dropkicking Rusev over the top rope to start the "match") -- but the match was shorter than the oral presentation. 

If anything, to avoid making Truth look less of a jobber (you know, that thing Justin Gabriel does), they should have made him win via DQ; just have Rusev hit him with the stairs or something. Instead, they went with a poorly executed submission. Again.

I'm especially excited for this year's Royal Rumble though. The triple threat title match, who's going to win the rumble and main event at WrestleMania... I love wrestlemania season! :D I just hope Cena doesn't win the title, and Reigns doesn't win the Rumble. I sort of, kind of like Roman Reigns, but damn it, he needs work before he's ready to main event a WrestleMania.

• Like 1

So of course I missed Smackdown due to not getting home until there was ten minutes left in the show, but apparently they're saying that Reigns almost completely obliterated his Wrestlemania chances due to a horribly botched promo.

Seriously though, is someone intentionally writing shitty promos for him?

In the end, all I can remember is this: the company can do whatever they can, strap the rockets on someone and point them in a direction, but it's ultimately up to the performer if they go over safely, or crash and burn. 

EDIT:
Watching Thursday's Smackdown right now thanks to Hulu Plus, and honestly speaking, I actually liked his promo.

Sure, it's no Macho Man promo; it's softly spoken and casual, but it does it's job. Seems that a ton of bloggers are overreacting yet again. Typical. 

Edited by KitsuneChaos

EDIT:

Watching Thursday's Smackdown right now thanks to Hulu Plus, and honestly speaking, I actually liked his promo.

Sure, it's no Macho Man promo; it's softly spoken and casual, but it does it's job. Seems that a ton of bloggers are overreacting yet again. Typical. 

Over reacting on the Internet :o That is literally the stupidest thing I have ever read. Yes I completely DESTROYED Kitsune with that statement :P

Okay peeps. Royal Rumble is going down today. Let's get the chatter going. B)

We've obviously given our opinions, but let's talk about individual predictions. I predict that Cena will pin Lesnar, (sorry, but WWE has got to make it seem like Cena finally has conquered The Beast and saved the day :facepalm:) But then I predict that Rollins will cash in at the end of that match and win the WWE championship, probably with The Authority's help.

As for the Rumble itself... It's really hard to say. A part of me thinks that Roman Reigns is still going to win the Rumble. But if Daniel Bryan doesn't win, what will he do then? It could be possibly this year's Royal Rumble to be a do-over of last year's. They realized that having Batista win and be in the main event at WM30 was a total mistake. So this year, possibly, could be what last year's Rumble should have been?

My two cents.

Title Match

I have a bad feeling that Cena will pin Brock and then Rollins will cash in and beat Cena. This would be the worst scenario though as it is anti-climatic having Cena be the one to defeat the 1 in  21 and it makes Rollins win look cheap.

What I would love to have seen happen (if WWE knew what they were doing) would have been to have Ambrose win the briefcase at Money in the Bank. Then that could have set up Rollins winning the title at the Royal Rumble, Reigns winning the Royal Rumble match and Ambrose cashing in to make the Wrestlemania main event a Triple Threat for the title between all 3 Shield Members.

But of course that would have taken long term booking and we know how much they hate that.

I still think Sting will interfere in the title match, and cost Rollins a win. He will also stop any cash in attempts. I hope Brock beats Cena, that last thing we need is another Cena Wrestlemania main event.

But I'm sticking with my original predictions from a couple weeks ago. Brock wins the title match. Bryan wins the Royal Rumble. Reigns will be on fire in the Rumble, only to be eliminated by Rusev. That'll set up their rivalry for Wrestlemania.

While I'm all for Rusev v Reigns, I'm pretty sure they're still making Rusev v Ryback a thing.

Aside from that, I'm 99% sure that they'll be using Sting to set up for his appearance at 'Mania.

In other news: we've lost our official jobber, as Justin Gabriel has quit the WWE.

EDIT:

http://www.givemesport.com/539719-wwe-promotional-leak-reveals-john-cena-as-future-champion?autoplay=on&utm=3

Edited by KitsuneChaos

Good for Justin. I can see him in Lucha Underground. 

There's some rumours that Lesnar retains and The Rock win the RR match. But I think It'll be Reigns. 

I would rather shove a wire coat hanger into my pee-hole than see Rock win the Rumble.  If they haven't learned by now to quit pushing part time talent to the top while every day workers get screwed then there's officially no hope.

Don't know what to predict for either match.  My heart says Bryan for the Rumble while my head says Reigns.  Same with the title match.  Heart - Rollins, head - Lesnar.

• Like 1

You know what? As much as we've been following this all up, I think once the clock hits 9:30 (1:30 hours into the show), I'm just gonna shut off my brain and enjoy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'mma go watch the pre-game show so I watch the oh-so pretty Renee Young lisp her way through all her dialogue. xD

Also, Corey Graves doing pre-show commentary, so I wouldn't be surprised if they utilize more than just the Ascension from NXT.

Guys I'm looking forward to:

Damien Sandow

Goldust

Dean Ambrose

Randy Orton (?)

Sami Zayn (?)

Adrian Neville

Dolph Ziggler

Adam Rose

The Ascension

New Age Outlaws

I feel like Daniel Bryan wins the Rumble...I can still remember it like it was yesterday, when Rey walked in as #30(when everyone was expecting it to be Bryan); and people just booed the hell out of poor Rey(Since they were so pissed about Bryan being excluded from the rumble).

As for the "Triple Threat" match, I feel like it might go as:

Regardless of the winner, and whether it works or not; Seth Cashes in the MITB...it just feels like he'll cash in and either get the title or interfered by Reigns or Orton(when Show or Kane tries to help him).

I guess whatever happens, "happens" ._.

Edited by DarknessKey92