The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I was wondering why the f*** everyone was cheering for a match they've seen multiple times.

They were cheering because they just saw one of the best matches of the year. Results aside, that match was a WM main event quality match. I'm not into what they do with Cena at all but c'mon, you can't deny the quality of the work those two put in. Not to mention the crowd was probably already fired up from the Bock/HHH opener. Edited by skidmarkgn

Punk is always willing to push someone on a match, and Cena (no matter how much I hate him) can put some decent work on the mat. I'm just sad they didn't go for the triple threat chance at WM, instead they decided to repeat Cena vs Rock, sigh.

BTW, since like Jack Swagger got lucky, his WM push is still on.

CM Punk performing a banned WWE move on Cena...the piledriver :o that should of ended the match in my opinion...news around backstage is that Vince wasn't too happy with Punk for using an illegal move Wtf-_-

Why is it banned? Awesome move IMO, I remember when HBK used to use it.

That match was good, it was very nice seeing the piledriver, but i have witnessed many serious injuries with that move, if I become a pro wrestler, that is one move I will never do to somebody or have done to me, but Vince is mad at both because Cena had to ok the move before Punk did it.

I am just glad Punk kicked out of the AA, I am sick of Cena kicking out of Finishers repetitively but others being only doing it a PPV, but it was a good match. Cena's Hurricana Frankenstiener was funny I think he it just too big to pull that off.

I agree on the piledriver it was oldschool but if preformend wrong it will end careers so I have no problem with its banning.

It looks like Orton takes up where he left off when Cena replaced him in the shield feud. To give Orton, Shaemus and Ryback their involvement in WM.

Edited by spectre51

The match was great but I just didn't want to see it for the umpteenth time. The hurricana was kind of a WTF moment because I did not expect that. If it was me I would've went with the Triple Threat match at Wrestlemania for the WWE Championship. I mean when was the last Triple Threat match for a championship at Wrestlemania?  :hmm: Maybe they will do something to make it a Triple Threat.

Hmm, my Wrestlemania match-card prediction now would have to be (in now specific order)...

Pre-show Option #1

Will probably be a #1 Contender's Over the Top Rope Battle Royal for the I-C or US Championship. Bo Dallas will probably be in this, win, and then face Wade Barrett a week or so later.

Pre-show Option #2

Mark Henry vs. Great Khali (Will most likely be TERRIBLE)

John Cena vs. The Rock (Greatness vs. Redemption aka Rock-Cena II)

The Miz vs. Antonia Cesaro (The Miz wins)

The Shield vs. Orton, Ryback, and Sheamus (Possible Orton Super Heel turn?)

Swagger vs. Del Rio (Not sure how this match will go)

Undertaker vs. CM Punk (if Taker is up for it) <-- I know Taker returned at a house show.

...and that's all I got for now

I wouldn't consider myself as a fan right now, but i was back in the days of Stone Cold flipping off McMahon.

Waiting for Wade Barrett to become WHC and eclipse the Bulldog in terms of achievement. He's a brilliant wrestler, he deserves the chance more than Sheamus and Big Show.

Man that is rough. Most of the time it's hard to me to see wich moves are pure act and wich ones are seriously dangerous. So, only Undertaker is allowed to use it now? Or is he back to using the Last Ride?

i'm sure he still uses it as a finish, his version is ALOT safer then Owens was.

Man that is rough. Most of the time it's hard to me to see wich moves are pure act and wich ones are seriously dangerous. So, only Undertaker is allowed to use it now? Or is he back to using the Last Ride?

The story (according to Austin) is, Owen was supposed to do the "tombstone" version of the move and drop to his knees instead of his butt. Owen either forgot or changed his mind and did the traditional version instead. Austin wasn't prepared for it and got legitimately pile-driver... ed... pile drive'd... pile driven?

Doubt the tombstone is banned. Everyone (except Kane of course) probably just doesn't use it out of respect for the dead man. Just like Punk not using the Pepsi plunge when he came into the WWE (although I doubt respect was a factor in that one. Probably more out of fear of losing his job :P)

I've been a fan since 2004, I was used to watch every week both RAW and Smackdown, and I watched the ppv too. I own several official dvd.

My favourite wrestlers are The Undertaker and Triple H. I respect HBK (real master). I go crazy whenever Stone Cold come back. I've always had a soft spot for Edge (too bad he had to retire) and I really appreciated the evolution of Randy Orton, which I find at the top of his game in theese last two years. Among the newcomers I like Seamus a lot.

I cheered for Brock Lesnar comeback (too I was sad about his retirement from UFC).

On October 2012 I stopped watching, because I didn't find it fun or interesting anymore: both Triple H and Lesnar appear so rarely and every week I ended up to watch the same match (Orton VS Seamus) over and over again.

Edited by Ligeia2010

So I watched RAW and at first though I had recorded the wrong thing, old school RAW certainly fooled me.

So Punk/Undertaker finally confirmed.

Also it looks like a possible Henry/Ryback with the Big Show replacing Ryback against the Shield.

Loved Punk walking through Mae young birthday was weird seeing Khali and Henry standing next to each other and Henry chatting to Truth.

Also liked Rocks Armstrong jab.

Hopefully the stare down between Ryback & Mark Henry gives me a sign that they might have a WM match, if so i hope Henry destroys Ryback... I also expect the Shield to face the team of Orton, Sheamus & Big Show... Btw The Rock quoting lance Armstrong was freaking hilarious lol

Just heard that Paul Bearer died. Was just saying the other night it would of been cool if he was on the old school Raw. One of my favourites as a kid :( R.I.P.

The one thing I am worried about is if they make it part of the story line. I can just see Punk using the death of Paul to Bearer get heat against Taker

• 2 weeks later...

I was really into pro-wrestling in the mid to late 1990s. I still watch on occasion, but it's gotten less engaging since a lot of my favorites have started retiring. I don't think it's going to be the same for me now that Shawn Michaels is gone. I did however, attend Wrestlemania XXVI. That was pretty cool. Seeing Bret Hart again was a blast. 

I thought the CM Punk - Undertaker feud would have no appeal to me, sure a great match but base on entertainment? Wasn't expecting much, but the turn they take with Paul Bearer (R.I.P.) made it very interesting. Even in death, he helped push Undertaker once more.

• 2 weeks later...