The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

The streak may in fact never end. The WWE is only going to end the streak on Taker's terms, in which he will hand pick who he gives the most illustrious distinction too. I do not believe it should go to any current superstars but to whomever is being groomed to take the helm as the face of the WWE from Cena. Bc this will shoot whomever he loses too straight to superstardom and will go down as the greatest Wrestlemania moment ever. Which is currently held by the Hulkster at WM3 when he slammed Andre and 90K went ballistic for him and at WM17 when Hogan and Rock met in what is my fave match of all time. Hardy just signed a contract with TNA so he will more than likely finish his career there or if he does finish out in the WWE Taker's streak will already have ended or he will have walked away undefeated at Wrestlemania

I assumed as much. That's why i said or Undertaker :P

• Like 1

Been a huge fan all my life! Until they get ACTUAL wrestling writers and not soap opera writers the product will continue this way.. PG TV can have great storylines just need a wrestling mind to put it together. On another note just got my 8th row tickets for Money In The Bank! Had to see RVD return live bc the arena is going to go nuts when he comes out! ECW ECW ECW!

Funny you say that because the past few months have been some of the best shows the WWE has put out.  One thing actual wrestling writers are notorious for is not having a long term plan resulting in storylines getting abruptly ended or abandoned completely... followed by the WWE treating us like we're idiots and assuming we'll just "forget".  His writing (can't remember his name off the top of my head) has caused a jump in ratings (although the work of D-Bry, The Shield, Kane, Orton etc etc has to be contributing as well) has even caused Vince to ease up on the last second changes to the script that he loves to do, which is an equivalent to moving a mountain with a wheelbarrow. 

Right now stories are being created by whats-his-face, the soap opera guy, then filtered through Heyman, Punk, Cena, HHH, and finally, Vince.  That's a perfect chain of command in my eyes.  Combine that with HHH's new mentality of focusing on signing high profile indy guys like Rollins, Ambrose, Zyn, Ohno (both those guys are working in NXT at the moment), and Cesaro and a pretty stellar product has been the result.

Oh yeah, RVD!! RVD!! RVD!!

The streak may in fact never end. The WWE is only going to end the streak on Taker's terms, in which he will hand pick who he gives the most illustrious distinction too. I do not believe it should go to any current superstars but to whomever is being groomed to take the helm as the face of the WWE from Cena. Bc this will shoot whomever he loses too straight to superstardom and will go down as the greatest Wrestlemania moment ever. Which is currently held by the Hulkster at WM3 when he slammed Andre and 90K went ballistic for him and at WM17 when Hogan and Rock met in what is my fave match of all time. Hardy just signed a contract with TNA so he will more than likely finish his career there or if he does finish out in the WWE Taker's streak will already have ended or he will have walked away undefeated at Wrestlemania

I may be the one that ends the streak..

Funny you say that because the past few months have been some of the best shows the WWE has put out.  One thing actual wrestling writers are notorious for is not having a long term plan resulting in storylines getting abruptly ended or abandoned completely... followed by the WWE treating us like we're idiots and assuming we'll just "forget".  His writing (can't remember his name off the top of my head) has caused a jump in ratings (although the work of D-Bry, The Shield, Kane, Orton etc etc has to be contributing as well) has even caused Vince to ease up on the last second changes to the script that he loves to do, which is an equivalent to moving a mountain with a wheelbarrow. 

Right now stories are being created by whats-his-face, the soap opera guy, then filtered through Heyman, Punk, Cena, HHH, and finally, Vince.  That's a perfect chain of command in my eyes.  Combine that with HHH's new mentality of focusing on signing high profile indy guys like Rollins, Ambrose, Zyn, Ohno (both those guys are working in NXT at the moment), and Cesaro and a pretty stellar product has been the result.

Oh yeah, RVD!! RVD!! RVD!!

Except they are treating cesaro very badly, him being in colter's stable will not help, and ohno is skinny fat, it's disgusting.

RVD!rvd!rvd!

Edited by drummerklg

I may be the one that ends the streak..

Except they are treating cesaro very badly, him being in colter's stable will not help, and ohno is skinny fat, it's disgusting.

RVD!rvd!rvd!

They were treating Cesaro very badly.  Partnering him up with Zeb (to me) is showing their growing confidence in him.  Remember, Zeb was right along side Jack Swagger while he was in the middle of a pretty big WHC level push.  Swagger screwed himself and now his spot looks like it is going to slowly be given to someone else, hopefully it'll be Cesaro.  Colter, like it or not, is over.  He draws a ton of heat and, most importantly, the attention of people who otherwise wouldn't spend 2 seconds viewing the WWE's product. 

As for Ohno's look, yeah, it's pretty bad BUT the man is talented.  The match he and Regal had about a month ago was a five star affair, plus he's a good talker.  He's proven for years that he's got what it takes to make it.  He and Cesaro were an amazing tag team for quite a while and he could offer a great mid-card program working with the likes of a Christian or Jericho (who seems to be looking for some newer talent to put over).  Not every program needs to aspire to be main event level, I know plenty of people (myself included) who would love to revisit the days when a feud over the IC title was meaningful to watch and used as a way to scout who could possibly be elevated to the top of the card in the future.

Right now there's plenty of things to be excited about.  The PG era isn't "over" so-to-speak, especially when everyone cries and complains when they actually do something a bit edgier (see Zeb Colter, or Heyman imitating Paul Bearer) but they also aren't stopping matches to wipe a speck of blood off of a performers face anymore either.  They've found a good happy-medium with actual thought out storylines involving smaller, but extremely talented, workers while still giving those that are afraid of change their usual top guys to cheer for.  Not everything is a homerun of course but out of the 7 hours of WWE programing a week I watch, I probably enjoy 5 and a half and fast forward through 1 and a half... pretty good ratio considering what it was about a year ago.

They were treating Cesaro very badly.  Partnering him up with Zeb (to me) is showing their growing confidence in him.  Remember, Zeb was right along side Jack Swagger while he was in the middle of a pretty big WHC level push.  Swagger screwed himself and now his spot looks like it is going to slowly be given to someone else, hopefully it'll be Cesaro.  Colter, like it or not, is over.  He draws a ton of heat and, most importantly, the attention of people who otherwise wouldn't spend 2 seconds viewing the WWE's product. 

As for Ohno's look, yeah, it's pretty bad BUT the man is talented.  The match he and Regal had about a month ago was a five star affair, plus he's a good talker.  He's proven for years that he's got what it takes to make it.  He and Cesaro were an amazing tag team for quite a while and he could offer a great mid-card program working with the likes of a Christian or Jericho (who seems to be looking for some newer talent to put over).  Not every program needs to aspire to be main event level, I know plenty of people (myself included) who would love to revisit the days when a feud over the IC title was meaningful to watch and used as a way to scout who could possibly be elevated to the top of the card in the future.

Right now there's plenty of things to be excited about.  The PG era isn't "over" so-to-speak, especially when everyone cries and complains when they actually do something a bit edgier (see Zeb Colter, or Heyman imitating Paul Bearer) but they also aren't stopping matches to wipe a speck of blood off of a performers face anymore either.  They've found a good happy-medium with actual thought out storylines involving smaller, but extremely talented, workers while still giving those that are afraid of change their usual top guys to cheer for.  Not everything is a homerun of course but out of the 7 hours of WWE programing a week I watch, I probably enjoy 5 and a half and fast forward through 1 and a half... pretty good ratio considering what it was about a year ago.

I think you confuse that heat with people just being bored of him and wanting to go away, besides, anyone can get heat talking bad about other people, look at del rio, the guy is the most boring guy on the roster, all he does is call the crowd "perro" and they boo him.  And about the more edgy thing, yeah, the attitude era was just so fantastic, so magical, that family friendly product is bullshit, I was 5 years old watching puppies and the rock saying he was going to kick someone's candy ass, I turned out just fine, I wish Vince would grow a set and bring us back.  Orton and bryan got fined a hefty sum for using chair shots to the head?  How do you feel about that?  I don'

t mind because as a future pro wrestler myself, health is the most important thing.

I think you confuse that heat with people just being bored of him and wanting to go away, besides, anyone can get heat talking bad about other people, look at del rio, the guy is the most boring guy on the roster, all he does is call the crowd "perro" and they boo him.  And about the more edgy thing, yeah, the attitude era was just so fantastic, so magical, that family friendly product is bullshit, I was 5 years old watching puppies and the rock saying he was going to kick someone's candy ass, I turned out just fine, I wish Vince would grow a set and bring us back.  Orton and bryan got fined a hefty sum for using chair shots to the head?  How do you feel about that?  I don'

t mind because as a future pro wrestler myself, health is the most important thing.

So far you're the only person I've seen on any forum or wrestling site that's bored of Zeb.  Zeb is damn good at his job and he's bringing in attention from outside main stream sources that normally couldn't give 2 craps about pro-wrestling.  Del Rio is being shoved down our throats because the WWE wants someone to replace Rey.

I'm completely okay with the chair shot ban, but If some of the top guys want to break the ban from time to time and eat the fine for the sake of telling a good story, they're grown men and know the risks so I say more power to 'em.  I just hope they don't get carried away and try to recreate a Rock/Foley situation because they think that's the only way people will care.

Finally... bring on the Wyatt Family already!!

So far you're the only person I've seen on any forum or wrestling site that's bored of Zeb.  Zeb is damn good at his job and he's bringing in attention from outside main stream sources that normally couldn't give 2 craps about pro-wrestling.  Del Rio is being shoved down our throats because the WWE wants someone to replace Rey.

I'm completely okay with the chair shot ban, but If some of the top guys want to break the ban from time to time and eat the fine for the sake of telling a good story, they're grown men and know the risks so I say more power to 'em.  I just hope they don't get carried away and try to recreate a Rock/Foley situation because they think that's the only way people will care.

Finally... bring on the Wyatt Family already!!

It's just, he is a good talker, but he says the same thing every time, immigration, immigration, immigration, and he used to bring in mainstream media, no longer.  Yes, the Wyatt family needs to debut monday, I fear if they don't, people will start losing interest with all of the promos.

It's just, he is a good talker, but he says the same thing every time, immigration, immigration, immigration, and he used to bring in mainstream media, no longer.  Yes, the Wyatt family needs to debut monday, I fear if they don't, people will start losing interest with all of the promos.

By that logic Stone Cold (who I never really liked anyways) is the single most bland character the WWE has ever had.  Honestly, how much "variety" did he bring to the table?  Stunner, beer, finger, stunner, beer, finger, stunner, and so on.

By that logic Stone Cold (who I never really liked anyways) is the single most bland character the WWE has ever had.  Honestly, how much "variety" did he bring to the table?  Stunner, beer, finger, stunner, beer, finger, stunner, and so on.

Have not read this forum in a few days....

In regards to your post about storyline writing.... I agree that the past few months have been great television for once. Within those months the new head writer just came in but he is also leaving after Summerslam for someone else. I am bad with names and also Stephanie has reduced her role backstage along with Vince. Its nice to HHH finally starting to take over the reigns of running the company, bc change is needed within the E. 

I agree with Drummer that Cesaro is very underutilized the guy is a straight beast. I do however like the pairing with Colter bc Colter is a genius on the mic and is legit as good as Bully Ray in getting the crowd worked. Now Bubba Ray in ECW was the greatest "heat" generator this sport has ever seen. If you ever had the privilege to see him back in the ECW days this guy legit would start riots.. AMAZING. Back to Cesaro he needs Colter to speak on his behalf and draw to heat until he becomes better on the mic. Also they are doing this to salvage what is left of Swagger bc plain and the simple the guy is good in the ring but lacks charisma and is boring to watch. 

The Wyatt family will debut no doubt by the Raw after MITB. And I expect them to begin working a program with the Sheild immediately for this reason.... The Sheild needs competition plain and simple. I look for the Wyatt family to make a huge splash and possibly cost Reigns, Rollins, and Ambrose the tag and US title maybe even as early as the MITB paperview and then have them feud hard into Summerslam. WWE was in desperate need of stables and now they have a GREAT one and another GREAT one on the way and what better way to play off the strengths of both groups is to have them feud like the days of old with the Freebirds and Von Erichs!! Which if you have not seen any of these matches you have to check them out! 

Either way the WWE is starting to FINALLY find its creative niche within the PG environment and it is starting to become compelling again which is why I am so pumped for MITB bc Philly wrestling crowds are white hot and are going to play off of this slow rebirth of the product.

Biggest reactions expected at MITB:

Cheers:

RVD - Hometown talent  ECW ECW ECW

Daniel Bryan - When was the last time someone was this over consistently Austin and Rock?

Paul Heyman - The city of brotherly love is a Paul Heyman guy and to us this genius mind help fuel the competition in the 90's

CM Punk - ?? Will get cheered but then will get cheered louder after Lesnar cost him MITB with a beatdown

Mark Henry - Dude is so over especially after that pseudo-retirement angle on Raw

Jeers:

Cena - Bc his gimmick is stale and he more fun to boo than cheer

Miz - I have seen him booed and cheered here before so this will be interesting

Have not read this forum in a few days....

In regards to your post about storyline writing.... I agree that the past few months have been great television for once. Within those months the new head writer just came in but he is also leaving after Summerslam for someone else. I am bad with names and also Stephanie has reduced her role backstage along with Vince. Its nice to HHH finally starting to take over the reigns of running the company, bc change is needed within the E. 

I agree with Drummer that Cesaro is very underutilized the guy is a straight beast. I do however like the pairing with Colter bc Colter is a genius on the mic and is legit as good as Bully Ray in getting the crowd worked. Now Bubba Ray in ECW was the greatest "heat" generator this sport has ever seen. If you ever had the privilege to see him back in the ECW days this guy legit would start riots.. AMAZING. Back to Cesaro he needs Colter to speak on his behalf and draw to heat until he becomes better on the mic. Also they are doing this to salvage what is left of Swagger bc plain and the simple the guy is good in the ring but lacks charisma and is boring to watch. 

The Wyatt family will debut no doubt by the Raw after MITB. And I expect them to begin working a program with the Sheild immediately for this reason.... The Sheild needs competition plain and simple. I look for the Wyatt family to make a huge splash and possibly cost Reigns, Rollins, and Ambrose the tag and US title maybe even as early as the MITB paperview and then have them feud hard into Summerslam. WWE was in desperate need of stables and now they have a GREAT one and another GREAT one on the way and what better way to play off the strengths of both groups is to have them feud like the days of old with the Freebirds and Von Erichs!! Which if you have not seen any of these matches you have to check them out! 

Either way the WWE is starting to FINALLY find its creative niche within the PG environment and it is starting to become compelling again which is why I am so pumped for MITB bc Philly wrestling crowds are white hot and are going to play off of this slow rebirth of the product.

Biggest reactions expected at MITB:

Cheers:

RVD - Hometown talent  ECW ECW ECW

Daniel Bryan - When was the last time someone was this over consistently Austin and Rock?

Paul Heyman - The city of brotherly love is a Paul Heyman guy and to us this genius mind help fuel the competition in the 90's

CM Punk - ?? Will get cheered but then will get cheered louder after Lesnar cost him MITB with a beatdown

Mark Henry - Dude is so over especially after that pseudo-retirement angle on Raw

Jeers:

Cena - Bc his gimmick is stale and he more fun to boo than cheer

Miz - I have seen him booed and cheered here before so this will be interesting

At a point in time I would have disagreed with you about pitting the Wyatts against the shield, but I think the shield has run its course, their song plays, they come out to beat someone up, and leave, and I am really excited for the solo careers of these three, and a fued between Rollins and Ambrose with Rollins as the face would be epic, so I agree with you.

I would book the Shield to help Ambrose win the money in the bank, Imagine the Shield carrying that briefcase around!  You could even have someone like Rollins or Reigns knock Ambrose out and take the money in the bank contract for themselves, imagine the tension that would build between the group. :yay:

At a point in time I would have disagreed with you about pitting the Wyatts against the shield, but I think the shield has run its course, their song plays, they come out to beat someone up, and leave, and I am really excited for the solo careers of these three, and a fued between Rollins and Ambrose with Rollins as the face would be epic, so I agree with you.

I would book the Shield to help Ambrose win the money in the bank, Imagine the Shield carrying that briefcase around!  You could even have someone like Rollins or Reigns knock Ambrose out and take the money in the bank contract for themselves, imagine the tension that would build between the group. :yay:

I still love the shield and think it would be a waste to break them up this early, but this match... :yay:

• Like 1

I still love the shield and think it would be a waste to break them up this early, but this match... :yay:

That is the match I had in my head while I was typing =), idk, I guess it's just the fact that I want to see Ambrose with his old gimmick of being crazy.

Edited by drummerklg

Any predicts for the Wyatt's 1st main roster angle? 

I'm giong with a feud between the Wyatts and Kane/Orton/Bryan.  Hell no-Orton are three top guys who can help build the Wyatts into a big deal right off the bat and their storyline of not getting along could continue with a team implosion - that would allow the Wyatts to get over, thus establishing them as a force to be reckoned with.

Any predicts for the Wyatt's 1st main roster angle? 

I'm giong with a feud between the Wyatts and Kane/Orton/Bryan.  Hell no-Orton are three top guys who can help build the Wyatts into a big deal right off the bat and their storyline of not getting along could continue with a team implosion - that would allow the Wyatts to get over, thus establishing them as a force to be reckoned with.

I don't like that idea, that would be exactly what the Shield did, I say they kidnap Vince Mcmahon.

I don't like that idea, that would be exactly what the Shield did, I say they kidnap Vince Mcmahon.

You don't like it... cool, no problem.  But.  How is it exactly the same?  The Shield would run-in on random matches and attack anyone and everyone.  They had no real consistency with who they had matches with... aside from it being a thrown together rotating door of singles "supermen".

I'm proposing an actual feud with the same three guys for a while.  No run in after run in (aside from the usual mid-match distractions and post-match beat-downs of the same three guys), attacking what appeared to be random people.  No talking about cleaning up the WWE as a whole by bringing the sword of justice.  No being paid by Paul Heyman (which went absolutely nowhere) to put anyone over.  Instead it would be one continuing focused feud with one dis-functional team of the same three guys.  It would allow Kane/Orton/Bryan to continue their current storyline by screwing with each other during the matches and be a convincing way to get the Wyatts over as a top tier threat without ten weeks of having them squash 3MB.  Two birds with one stone.

Also, kidnap Vince and...

You don't like it... cool, no problem.  But.  How is it exactly the same?  The Shield would run-in on random matches and attack anyone and everyone.  They had no real consistency with who they had matches with... aside from it being a thrown together rotating door of singles "supermen".

I'm proposing an actual feud with the same three guys for a while.  No run in after run in (aside from the usual mid-match distractions and post-match beat-downs of the same three guys), attacking what appeared to be random people.  No talking about cleaning up the WWE as a whole by bringing the sword of justice.  No being paid by Paul Heyman (which went absolutely nowhere) to put anyone over.  Instead it would be one continuing focused feud with one dis-functional team of the same three guys.  It would allow Kane/Orton/Bryan to continue their current storyline by screwing with each other during the matches and be a convincing way to get the Wyatts over as a top tier threat without ten weeks of having them squash 3MB.  Two birds with one stone.

Also, kidnap Vince and...

It's the same because the shield just feuded with team hell no/orton for like a month..

It's the same because the shield just feuded with team hell no/orton for like a month..

That's what makes it exactly the same?  Teams/individuals feud with each other for a while then move on all the time.  In fact, that's the structure of the entire business.  Are Orton/Kane/Bryan off limits to everyone now because it would be exactly the same as the Shield (which I still don't quite buy)?  Workers need other workers to work with, it's the nature of the business.  The Wyatts are primarily a 3-man team and they will benefit the most by working with other 3-man teams.  The Shield are currently heels so a feud with them won't really work -assuming the Wyatts are going to work heel-.  Kane/Orton/Bryan are currently established in a storyline with one-and-other so there won't be any need to try and throw together a new group of singles guys, it practically writes itself.  It obviously won't last more than a month or two and I'm sure they can establish a story among the 6 of them that would be different than the brief work between the Shield and Kane/Orton/Bryan.

Believe it or not, I'm not trying to convince you that I'm right and you're wrong or anything, I'm just confused with your reasoning and would like to hear more, especially when it comes to the "kidnapping Vince" thing.  They abduct Vince and...?  What's the motivation?  Who do they work against?  What's the payoff?

The Wyatt family will debut like this, the Mcmahons are giving Vickie her review, and then it plays, "you want to hear something really scary" they creep everyone out, and just take out the Mcmahon family, they will be involved in the biggest storyline going on out right now, and that is the Mchmahon family, triple h will put up a fight and then recruit two more guys, but it won't be enough, thus putting the Wyatts over big time.

You could even have the wyatt family debut like this:

A lot of people in sheep masks attack the money in the bank all stars when they are in the ring, the wyatts come down behind them and take out the all stars, then wyatt can cut a monster promo to end the show, but I think what should and will happen is something involved with vince.

The Wyatt family will debut like this, the Mcmahons are giving Vickie her review, and then it plays, "you want to hear something really scary" they creep everyone out, and just take out the Mcmahon family, they will be involved in the biggest storyline going on out right now, and that is the Mchmahon family, triple h will put up a fight and then recruit two more guys, but it won't be enough, thus putting the Wyatts over big time.

I like the premise but it leaves one gaping hole.  All of the work they've been doing with the McMahon in-fighting and power struggling would become moot.  They've been investing quite a bit of TV time in having all three of them (Vince, Steph, and HHH) telling Vicki three different things and undermining one-and-other so, what happens to that?  All of a sudden they're holding hands with a united front and we're supposed to forget about the storyline they've been working at for about a month now?  If they're gonna war with the McMahons I'd rather it be a slow burn.  Start with a Vince attack and tease that Steph was behind it... until she becomes next, then it had to be HHH right? Wrong!  He was taken out 3rd, eventually they realize they have a common enemy and put their differences aside... for now.  Then, have the Wyatts  attack a random main event face (Shaemus comes to mind since he never seems to be involved in an actual feud with anyone) so Vince and HHH can have a 3rd team-mate to participate in an actual match.  Hell, they could even try to build a team Wyatts (+2 more heels) vs. team McMahon Survivor series match where the fued can have the stamp put on it with a Wyatt win.

I would have Henry beat cena for the title, becoming the first pure african american to hold it, and he deserves it as well, and then have big e beat him to put big e over big time as him as a face is really entertaining.

I agree that Henry should win it as lets face it hes done alot more in his career than Cena. (No i'm not just saying that as I can't stand Cena.) Also he was and still is Sexual Chocolate, no one who has that name doesn't deserve not to hold all the titles at least once.