Who wants to play Freedom Wars?

Superbuu3

Important please read:

I know people will likely want to play through this far ahead or just join in on the playthrough even if they've beaten the game, if you're playing with high level equipment, please let people you are joining . I will need someone who is starting a clean save to help me out in terms of making discussion points as I really really don't want ot play the first couple of chapters again. First Checkpoint will be chapter 3, I don't know how many chapters are in the game, but lets just make sure we're not holding people back from progressing.

Intro:

Anyone who wants to join, you may use this sign up thread, until it is closed. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM or consult this thread here. Anyone who invades the We Play thread breaking this simple request or who is needlessly rude to other players will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

This is the sign up topic, the actual topic will be full of spoilers etc so i'm keeping them seperate.

Hey guys I'm Superbuu3, not sure if people know me, but i'm relatively new (I copy paste deal with it ) to the forum.  As I and many of us have a huge backlog to improve motivation being able to play at the same time and discuss with people should help move things along.  I'm considering putting up some gameplay including boss fights and cutscenes so people who can't play can give there input on the game to.

If you want to see how this works in practice we already have done Okami which you can see here and Bioshock here. Check the We play subforum there's loads now.

Why sign ups you may ask well we're going to be starting in a few days and I thought would be nicer if we have a group of us if possible.  I know a lot of people have difficulty getting into a game or struggle to finish for various reason I thought this would be a good idea to motivate.  If you signed up i'll send you a reminder if need be, I also think if you commit to the topic you'll be more likely to follow through on keeping up the pace.

This will be starting beginning of December. If you don't want to go for the platinum no one is forcing you to, essential info for a platinum run will be explained in the opening post for the topic.

PS: No limit to how many people want to join.

Guidelines:

1. We only play up to the agreed milestone, I think if we leave people behind the group will fall apart, if people fall behind we will continue, but i do hope he others will try to keep up.

2. If you do meet an agreed story milestone, try to focus on any collectibles, checkpoints will be closer together for this.

3. Let us know in the thread if you meet a milestone so we can tell if everything is running smoothly, if you're having trouble with a boss or particular enemies try to ask in the thread first before consulting a guide, this is mainly to keep the talk on the game still open.

4. If you have any suggestions I'm completely open to them.

Current Members:

1. Superbuu3
  2. cybershark91
  3. Edunstar84
  4. Han_the_Dragon
  5. Kishnabe
  6. Kurorac
  7. Mendant909
  8. NullRay85
  9. ryansvader
  10. skateak
  11. Super-Fly Spider-Guy
  12. YaoiGod

Late Joiners:

Maybes:

Estimated starting Date Tuesday 1st December

No one is expected to go for the platinum and the checkpoints will only really be in place for the inital run, unless you guys request it, I can put a different structure for the following

This will start some time next week, I have pushed it back slightly due to a request.

FAQ:

Can I join if I beat the game before?

Yes. However, no spoilers or you'll be blacklisted as I've mentioned before.

Can I play on a different platform?

Yes

Can I ask stupid questions that have already be answered?

Yes, because no matter what I write someone will always choose to just not read a thing

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

Google'd it, this works on PSTV, which is all I've got in the ways of Vita tech at the moment, so I'll at least give it a go.

My stupid question, is "if I get bored and leave, which is quite possible, will anyone in the group get fucked over by my leaving, or can everything be done without Dylan?"

I'll give it a go for sure and if I like it I'll at least beat the campaign, but there's a high chance I won't like it so.

Google'd it, this works on PSTV, which is all I've got in the ways of Vita tech at the moment, so I'll at least give it a go.

My stupid question, is "if I get bored and leave, which is quite possible, will anyone in the group get fucked over by my leaving, or can everything be done without Dylan?"

I'll give it a go for sure and if I like it I'll at least beat the campaign, but there's a high chance I won't like it so.

Its never an issue, everyone else will continue regardless.

Would like to join even though I've platted. Would like to play some Co-op with members here...and help out in the online portion of the game.

yeah I think it would be a great help, this game looked like it might have some tough spots

I actually have to play this for Effdeegee's lottery, but I think I want to play it at my own pace. I'll think about joining ^<>^

no problem i'll likely just put checkpoints up really fast for this one so people can have freedom to do all the quests with each other.

I'd like to join and I'll have to check later as to how far I got in the story, but I think I passed Chapter 2. From the looks of it there's only eight chapters in total and it looks like postgame consists mainly of retribution quests and maxing weapons.

Cool I think we're both in the same situation

I'd like to join, but I want the physical copy so I wouldn't be able to join until 8th December, would that be okay? 

Tats completely fine, glad to have you on board

I know this is EUs Vita PS+ game but if it get announced for NA too I will join for sure.

it was announced for US so I'll take that as a yes :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/25/ps-plus-free-games-for-december-2015/

• Like 1

If you put start of the ch3 as the first checkpoint, it equals claiming CODE 2 and CODE 3 clearances.

The game has 8 story chapters that start with claiming the chapter+1 CODE clearance + one "post-story" chapter, so, if you keep the 2 chapters per checkpoint (chapter 1 is just introduction and tutorial so I don't consider that =D) you should have 4 checkpoints (CODE 3, CODE 5, CODE 7, all Simeon paths) and then post-grind.

Yes, as this game takes multiple playthroughs for the plat feel free to do your additional playthroughs. However, no spoilers or you'll be blacklisted as I've mentioned before.

Actually... it just takes one =D

If you put start of the ch3 as the first checkpoint, it equals claiming CODE 2 and CODE 3 clearances.

The game has 8 story chapters that start with claiming the chapter+1 CODE clearance + one "post-story" chapter, so, if you keep the 2 chapters per checkpoint (chapter 1 is just introduction and tutorial so I don't consider that =D) you should have 4 checkpoints (CODE 3, CODE 5, CODE 7, all Simeon paths) and then post-grind.

Actually... it just takes one =D

This is what happens when you copy paste and don't proof read :P

I'll join and I can help with the discussion points if possible, Buu.

I have already beaten the game with high gear, is it best to start a new game or keep my current save?

Up to you, unless you got the plat though I don't really see any need to restart. Unless you want to play at the same level as everyone else. But you can just lower the level of your equipment in that scenario to.

Up to you, unless you got the plat though I don't really see any need to restart. Unless you want to play at the same level as everyone else. But you can just lower the level of your equipment in that scenario to.

Ok, then I'll stick to my current equipment. Hope I can be of help along the We Play!

I'd be willing to answer questions about the game/trophies if people had questions or needed some strategies for some of the different missions or enemy types. I've got the plat already. I can also help some people in-game if they're having trouble with any of the later missions (I'm not gonna just finish the early missions for people because that wouldn't be fair.)

For checkpoints, like satoshi said clearing code 3, clearing code 5, clearing code 7, and clearing Simeon's Missions would be good milestones. Keeping it spoiler free, Simeon's Missions are the last story related trophy in the game so that would make a good fourth and final milestone.

How is the planning for this project going? Will download the game today.

The topic will be up tonight, or tomorrow morning GMT time, which will be before the store updates. We're planning to play up to Code 3 for the first checkpoint. So don't hesitate in starting theres no missable trophies as you can just replay missions.