PSNProfiles Steam Group

Parker

I just created a group on Steam for our wonderful website here. I hope Sly doesn't care (if so just let me know and I'll delete it) and for the PC gamers on here I'd like to all be part of the group.

http://steamcommunit...ups/psnprofiles

Again, Sly, AF or Ebruk, let me know if this isn't okay and I'll delete it.

Parker

Edited by Parker
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for joining everyone. My computer is taking longer than expected to be built (this is why you don't let lazy friends do it...) but I should have it soon and I can set some games and such up on Steam. Just hang in there.

Parker

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Alright, I finally have a decent computer and should be able to play some PC games. I'll be upgrading my graphics card soon to be able to play BF3 and the like but as of now I should be able to play Borderlands, BF2 and most other games on my Steam list.

I'm trying to set up a PSNP Steam Game Night so if you're a member of the group you can post in the discussion on Steam or in this thread to give me ideas, and if you're not a member of the group go ahead and join, we'd love to have you.

Parker

• Like 2

I am definitely interested in joining, but I want to connect my steam account to my PSN account, and I'm not quite sure how to accomplish this. I believe it has to do with playing portal 2 on PS, which I bought specifically for this reason (although the game does look awesome), but I need to do some more research to actually accomplish this. 

Is the community really mostly interested in playing first-person shooters? If so, my membership to the steam group may be lost on that. I'm not one to play those often.

I am definitely interested in joining, but I want to connect my steam account to my PSN account, and I'm not quite sure how to accomplish this. I believe it has to do with playing portal 2 on PS, which I bought specifically for this reason (although the game does look awesome), but I need to do some more research to actually accomplish this. 

Is the community really mostly interested in playing first-person shooters? If so, my membership to the steam group may be lost on that. I'm not one to play those often.

From what I've seen, connecting your PSN account to your Steam account does nothing outside of Portal 2. There are no other benefits other than being able to play co-op on Portal 2 with a PC buddy but you can't play other Steam games or even access Steam from any game other than Portal 2.

As far as the Steam group goes, we're up for all types of games. I just got a computer so I've never been able to set anything up before but I think most members would prefer to play something other than an FPS.

Parker

From what I've seen, connecting your PSN account to your Steam account does nothing outside of Portal 2. There are no other benefits other than being able to play co-op on Portal 2 with a PC buddy but you can't play other Steam games or even access Steam from any game other than Portal 2.

As far as the Steam group goes, we're up for all types of games. I just got a computer so I've never been able to set anything up before but I think most members would prefer to play something other than an FPS.

Parker

Cool. I will definitely message you on here once I get my steam account set up. 

You're welcome to suggest other games to play.  It just happens many of the best coop games are FPS's in some way, shape or form (Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, Borderlands 1/2, Portal 2, etc...), so if you see me suggest any of those in the group... don't be immediately turned away by it.

I'm pretty open minded...

Edited by Dreakon139

Okay, so I joined the group, but my computer is horrible and I haven't bought anything on Steam because I know I can't play most of the games on there. So I will probably only be playing the free-to-play games. My Steam ID is kevinmorchesky23, by the way.

ou're welcome to suggest other games to play.  It just happens many of the best coop games are FPS's in some way, shape or form (Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, Borderlands 1/2, Portal 2, etc...), so if you see me suggest any of those in the group... don't be immediately turned away by it.

I'm pretty open minded...

Unfortunately, I think you may be right. I think the only games I've played on Steam are Torchlight 1 and 2 (I guess I would recommend a TL2 session if enough people had it, but I doubt it) and a little Alien Swarm, a free to play game, but other than that I think a lot of the co-op games are FPS :( Oh well. I'll do some research and see if I can't find any cheap, appealing co-op games that steam has to offer.