PSNProfiles Steam Group

Parker

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Joined the group as well!  If you're a fan of PSNProfiles and PC Gaming, please check out my SteamTrophies project (www.steamtrophies.com).  You don't need to register for it, just sign in with your Steam account using Steam's OpenID login, and you'll automatically get scanned hourly, and your friends will get scanned daily as well.

It's a week old now since inception, and the end goal is to have something on par with sites like TrueAchievements and PSNProfiles for Steam users.  It's using a TrueAchievements style system to rank steam achievements based on their rarity, but a PSN trophy system to actually give them scores.  It's moving along quickly, and having more users will definitely help iron out kinks in Steam's API inconsistencies for certain games.

• 2 weeks later...

Steam's API is pretty slow during the holidays, so its taking quite a long time to pull in achievement data.  More than 50% of API requests are timing out, and due to how Steam's system works, the site must make a separate call for each game you own.  Most of the backlog is caught up as of this post.

Once you're in the database, future updates go quite fast since it is able to see your playtime of each game, so it only has to make API requests for games you've played since the last scan.  If the site is actually missing some of your achievements, PM me on this forum (I haven't setup an email server for SteamTrophies yet) so I can take a look.  I know a few Steam games actually have achievements that don't show up in their own UI until you have them.

EDIT:  It also doesn't use the same method as Steam for completion %, it's closer to PSNProfiles.  It gives a different weight to Bronze, Silver, and Gold, so if you have all but 1 trophy, but that 1 trophy is gold and the others are bronze, your completion % is significantly lower.

Edited by Eleuthria

Steam's API is pretty slow during the holidays, so its taking quite a long time to pull in achievement data.  More than 50% of API requests are timing out, and due to how Steam's system works, the site must make a separate call for each game you own.  Most of the backlog is caught up as of this post.

Once you're in the database, future updates go quite fast since it is able to see your playtime of each game, so it only has to make API requests for games you've played since the last scan.  If the site is actually missing some of your achievements, PM me on this forum (I haven't setup an email server for SteamTrophies yet) so I can take a look.  I know a few Steam games actually have achievements that don't show up in their own UI until you have them.

EDIT:  It also doesn't use the same method as Steam for completion %, it's closer to PSNProfiles.  It gives a different weight to Bronze, Silver, and Gold, so if you have all but 1 trophy, but that 1 trophy is gold and the others are bronze, your completion % is significantly lower.

Just joined, I know you are probably working on it but, if not, do make sure to get the forums as the next addition :D

Just joined, I know you are probably working on it but, if not, do make sure to get the forums as the next addition :D

Got sicker over the holidays, so I slowed down a bit on development.  Forums are on the list, but I have a few other things before them.  I'm a very paranoid programmer who has watched sites get hacked for almost two decades now, forum software being one of the most vulnerable types.  As such, I'm likely going to be making mine from scratch.

• Like 1

Got sicker over the holidays, so I slowed down a bit on development.  Forums are on the list, but I have a few other things before them.  I'm a very paranoid programmer who has watched sites get hacked for almost two decades now, forum software being one of the most vulnerable types.  As such, I'm likely going to be making mine from scratch.

Yeah, I understand. Well, Good luck anyway :D

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...