DON'T BUY THIS GAME ON PS3!

ToxicRedBull1

Rant time...

I spent £17.99 on WRC 5 for PS3 because it was 40% off and it was a massive mistake. The graphics looks like some shitty PC port, the physics engine is beyond terrible, the game looks and feels like the developers just hasn't bothered with because of how terrible it is. I looked at PS4 gameplay footage and the PS4 gameplay looks way better than the PS3 gameplay. And what's even worse is that I can't get a refund... I. Can't. Get. A. Refund... So, that £18 I spent on the game thinking it would look good and be good is now gone. But, what's bugging me the most is the fact that they even decide to put it on PS3 looking like shit and expecting everyone to go, in a posh accent, 'that WRC 5 game on PS3 looks almost like real life' when it doesn't. Like I said the game doesn't even look like the developers have even bothered at all with it making it almost identical to Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 gameplay and graphics on PS3... Waste. Of. Fucking. Money.

I should also mention that the game is 4.4 GB big. So whatever that other 4.3 GB is associated with, I don't know.

• Like 1

as your in the uk there's a chance of getting a refund as there's new rights for digital content, i'd say this pretty much covers it

As for digital goods offered from digital distribution portals? Well, if the product doesn't work or you're unsatisfied with your purchase because it didn't meet the criteria of the description, then you're eligible for a refund or replacement, as stated in the bill... 

taken from the link below.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Digital-Refunds-Reinforced-By-Consumer-Rights-Bill-UK-64690.html

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

Rant time...

I spent £17.99 on WRC 5 for PS3 because it was 40% off and it was a massive mistake. The graphics looks like some shitty PC port, the physics engine is beyond terrible, the game looks and feels like the developers just hasn't bothered with because of how terrible it is. I looked at PS4 gameplay footage and the PS4 gameplay looks way better than the PS3 gameplay. And what's even worse is that I can't get a refund... I. Can't. Get. A. Refund... So, that £18 I spent on the game thinking it would look good and be good is now gone. But, what's bugging me the most is the fact that they even decide to put it on PS3 looking like shit and expecting everyone to go, in a posh accent, 'that WRC 5 game on PS3 looks almost like real life' when it doesn't. Like I said the game doesn't even look like the developers have even bothered at all with it making it almost identical to Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 gameplay and graphics on PS3... Waste. Of. Fucking. Money.

I should also mention that the game is 4.4 GB big. So whatever that other 4.3 GB is associated with, I don't know.

WRC 4 was better graphically than this crap.

They took a step back IMO......loading times are better though...at least I heard.

as your in the uk there's a chance of getting a refund as there's new rights for digital content, i'd say this pretty much covers it

taken from the link below.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Digital-Refunds-Reinforced-By-Consumer-Rights-Bill-UK-64690.html

The thing will Sony Comply if this is a digital purchase. Last thing you want is your account to get banned.....

• 1 year later...

I bought the Game in the actually January Sale at the PSN Store for 10€. I wasted my money in spite of Warning here. :facepalm:

This Game is a big Joke! Physics and Graphics are a complete Disaster.

I own all 5 WRC-Titles for PS3. At this Moment I only played WRC2, and that was very good. WRC5 is... :shakefist:

So please stay well clear of WRC5.

...the only good Thing is the easy Plat! :hmm:

Edited by Aurvandils_ta
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

So... How is this game if you don't pay anything (extra) for it?

It's going to be on PS+ next month. I'm tempted with putting this on my backlog list because I usually like racers for a while.

The WRCs since 2010 game always were a little lacking, but they shouldn't be so bad if WRC 4 is of any indication. Glad it's "free", even when it's on sale this game costs a lot.

It's free on PS+ next month (June 2017), so I'll play it for sure, at least is a A++ game and I don't care if graphics are not great, when you buy a cross generation game you should bear in mind that the older console gets a downgraded version.

If you are not sure, watch comparative videos on Youtube instead of purchasing it without even checking a gameplay video.

20 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

So... How is this game if you don't pay anything (extra) for it?

It's going to be on PS+ next month. I'm tempted with putting this on my backlog list because I usually like racers for a while.

20 hours ago, ElBolovo said:

The WRCs since 2010 game always were a little lacking, but they shouldn't be so bad if WRC 4 is of any indication. Glad it's "free", even when it's on sale this game costs a lot.

It's not this one. The one you're thinking of is "WRC 5: World Rally Championship"