DON'T BUY THIS GAME ON PS3!

ToxicRedBull1

It's not just the graphics. Have you even played the game? I did, on the Vita, and it was terrible.

Random crashes so I had to restart the career a total of 3 times.

A crash every time you try to view the online leaderboard.

Audio glitches with random squeaks and chirps constantly.

Objects pop in to notify a corner is coming up, too late to actually break in time.

The framerate at the German and some other rallies is 10 fps at best.

When you are too fast, the co-driver can't keep up with you, so you have to actually slow down to get the correct directions again.

Wrong and inconsistent directions by your co-driver even when he (or she) manages to keep up. "Left" when they actually mean "right".

And what is with that completely uninspired voice? It's like someone is reading a weather forecast.

At one point my car started bottoming out for no good reason. My co-driver was constantly yelling "woah" and telling me "that was dodgy" until the car finally fell apart completely. I have to admit, that was actually quite funny.

The AI is fake and its times are based upon your own final stage times. Try it by starting a stage first and driving as hard as you can, then go as slow as you can. The AI will always be a couple of tenths til a couple of seconds slower.

This probably explains the odd time differences at the Franse stages, they made a mistake "calculating" the times there.

It also means that there are no split times either (as opposed to WRC 4 and before), which means the vertical bar indicating your sector splits on the left is fake as well.

Tyre degradation is fake as well. It will always be the same which becomes very apparent when you have a day with 3 stages. Even when you just coast along the first 2 stages the car will be undrivable on the third stage of the day.

All the tracks look the same just with different textures.

This becomes especially funny when the game is telling you that "Finland is almost flat out all the way" but in the game it actually feels like the slowest rally of them all, with only a rare 3 or 4 corner and no actual flat out bits.

Awful car handling that makes completing a stage nothing more than a chore. At no point will driving any car feel enjoyable. It just does not feel like a rally car at all, it just floats over the road.

You won't believe how slow Junior WRC and WRC 3 are. The handling gets slightly more balanced with WRC 2 and that is why I did all the quick stages with that, because WRC itself is far worse again.

The worst thing is, I could go on...

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

I rarely go wrong with racing games... but ugh, this one. Gameplay wasn't very exciting - constantly alone... I was always 0.1 ahead of 2nd, regardless of whether I played well or badly. The menu was also very over-complicated... then I saw it was made by the same developpers as for Motorcycle Club and Truck Racer (both rubbish games I only played when bored). Unexpectedly, I will be dropping this game. 

• 5 weeks later...