PSVita or PS4

firepork08

33 members have voted

1. 1. PS Vita Borderlands vs PS4 Borderlands

• PS Vita
    • PS4

So I wanted to start playing borderlands but I thought should I get the handsome collection or PS vita borderlands 2? So I started this poll these are some pro's + cons on both of them.

Borderlands PS Vita

Pros

• I can take it away with me wherever I go (I am going away for new year so it would be ideal for then)
  • Something to play on my Vita
  • Its cheaper price (I don't have a job so it might be easier cheaper)
  • Saves space on my PS4 (I am struggling with space)

Cons

• Might accidentally click wrong buttons when playing
  • Occasional Lag Spikes
  • Small Screen

Borderlands PS4

Pros

• Bigger Screen
  • Get 2 Games (Borderlands 2 + The Pre Sequel)
  • All in Game Add Ons
  • Better Graphics

Cons

• Uses Space On PS4
  • More Expensive
  • Its Not Portable

The PS4 version is more stable than the PS3 version and the PS3 version is more stable than the vita version. If you want to play without having to close and reopen the game, the PS4 version would be best.

This part is more of a personal preference, but the vita controls on the game aren't as intuitive as the PS3/4 versions.

Or you could be like me and have all three versions.

The Vita one is alright, but it has problems. When playing, sometimes the text would get all messed up (it was all jarbled up, different colors, completely unreadable), and towards the end and in the DLC, it would sometimes just lock up. If you're really into trophies, the Vita one has a bugged trophy, the one for exploring all the areas in the "Captain Scarlett and her Pirate Booty", won't unlock even when you've uncovered the maps in every area. They know about it and never bothered to fix it.

I'd really only suggest the Vita version if you have the PS3 version to avoid any problems you might encounter or make things easier, since they both share the same trophy list and have cross-save.

Edited by Caesar Clown

Definitely pick the PS4 version, it runs better, has better controls, you can play in 4-player co-op, comes with every DLC + Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, etc.

The Vita version will lag, you can only play in 2-player co-op (as far as i know), the 100% is impossible because the DLC is not available (you'd need to get the PS3 version in order to 100% the game since they share the same list), it doesn't have a proper R2/L2 button so it may be clunky. 

The Vita version would only be ideal if you're very busy (i.e not home) and can only play in short periods of time. But if it's your 1st time playing the game and you pick the Vita version then it will be a very mediocre experience. If you're worried about space on your PS4, then you can simply delete any game(s) you don't play very often, i think Borderlands is worth of the huge space it will take on your PS4, it's a very fun game! Especially with friends. :)

PS4 version, no question.

Out of curiosity, do you have the original 500GB HDD or have you upgraded?  If you're having space problems I'd definitely recommend upgrading to 2TB.  You can get the right one from Amazon for about $60 these days, so you may wanna check that out.

PS4 no question. I have a bias towards my Vita since I've always been a core handheld gamer, but it just doesn't run very well on the system.

Additionally, if you want all the DLC in the Vita version, it comes in the form of a code and is separate from the game. I have a retail copy and it still takes up 2.2GB of space.

• 2 weeks later...

I clicked Vita. 

Sure, it's fine on a big screen, but on there, it's in competition with so many better games, as far as portable shooters go, Borderlands 2 is king.

Killzone sure is pretty, Duke 3D sure is a great port, but Borderlands 2 Vita is the most sexy of all.