Paragon Glitch?

TigressLion

Not a glitch, Jack can only be won over with Renegade.  The guide I used stated that you must focus on Renegade from the start (or use the infinite Paragon/Renegade glitch early in the game) to have enough Renegade points to keep both of them loyal.  Also, the Paragon/Renegade bars are a sliding scale in ME2, despite graphically appearing full, the 'max' fluctuates as you progress through the game.

It's also been a while since I platinumed the game, but I kept everyone loyal and got all the trophies, so the guide must have been correct.

Not a glitch, Jack can only be won over with Renegade.  The guide I used stated that you must focus on Renegade from the start (or use the infinite Paragon/Renegade glitch early in the game) to have enough Renegade points to keep both of them loyal.  Also, the Paragon/Renegade bars are a sliding scale in ME2, despite graphically appearing full, the 'max' fluctuates as you progress through the game.

It's also been a while since I platinumed the game, but I kept everyone loyal and got all the trophies, so the guide must have been correct.

Why is there a paragon option choice then?

You can keep her alive even if you lose loyalty. Just don't put her in charge of anything and don't take her with you to the final battle.

I'll do this then, thanks for the input.

Why is there a paragon option choice then?

I just looked it up again to refresh m memory.  As I mentioned your bars are misleading and major choices are based on points percentage, not totals, and not the graphical representation of your bar.  If you need 100% of the possible Paragon points, you could have all but 1 and still not get the Paragon option, even though you'd have 99.9%.  I couldn't find the exact numbers, but a lot of people claim it's impossible to get enough Paragon points legitimately to unlock that option for Jack, that's why I said you must go with Renegade.  My assumption is that Paragon is at, or close to, 100% needed for Jack, whereas Renegade probably requires much less, perhaps 70-80% (pure speculation).  It's much easier to focus on Renegade for a playthrough and reach that percentage than earning 100% of the possible Paragon points.  Again, I couldn't find exacts, but I'm sure they exist out there if you want to track them down.

While looking into this I realized that when I did my playthrough I diffused the situation and didn't need to regain anyone's loyalty afterward.  It has been a while since I played, but now I want to replay the game, lol.

Always go renegade, no one will question your decisions ;)

No seriously, I think it is tied to wether you have done her loyalty mission and of course full points on Paragade /Renegon.

The fight doesn't occur until after you do both Miranda and Jack's loyalty missions.  It's tied directly to Paragon point percentage, as I wrote above.

The fight doesn't occur until after you do both Miranda and Jack's loyalty missions.  It's tied directly to Paragon point percentage, as I wrote above.

I went the neutral route when breaking up that fight by telling them both to stop arguing and focus on the mission and both stayed loyal.

Sometimes, staying on the Paragon path isn't always a good idea and you have to think about the answers you choose before selecting them.

I went the neutral route when breaking up that fight by telling them both to stop arguing and focus on the mission and both stayed loyal.

Sometimes, staying on the Paragon path isn't always a good idea and you have to think about the answers you choose before selecting them.

Whether you go Renegade or Paragon you can break it up when it starts and not lose anyone's loyalty.  I don't remember there being a non-moral option for this other than siding with one over the other.  I remember a Paragon and Renegade dialogue option only, but it was a while ago, so I could be wrong.

Whether you go Renegade or Paragon you can break it up when it starts and not lose anyone's loyalty.  I don't remember there being a non-moral option for this other than siding with one over the other.  I remember a Paragon and Renegade dialogue option only, but it was a while ago, so I could be wrong.

I looked it up and yeah, you're right both the Paragon and Renegade choices were "neutral" and I picked the Paragon choice.

I remember it being neutral and not either extreme but I guess that's me remembering it wrong too.

Edited by Quaedam_Animae

You're wrong. I was a full Paragon and I secured both Miranda's and Jack's loyalty. As you said the choices are based on a percentage of Renegade choices and Paragon ones. OP made too many Renegade choices which is why the option is locked out.

OP here's a tip for ME1 & ME2. Choose to be either Paragon or Renegade and stick with it fully. Don't be neutral or flip flop between them. Otherwise you'll miss out on choices.

You're wrong. I was a full Paragon and I secured both Miranda's and Jack's loyalty. As you said the choices are based on a percentage of Renegade choices and Paragon ones. OP made too many Renegade choices which is why the option is locked out.

OP here's a tip for ME1 & ME2. Choose to be either Paragon or Renegade and stick with it fully. Don't be neutral or flip flop between them. Otherwise you'll miss out on choices.

Read what I wrote after that.