PS4 Trophies for Final Fantasy VII unveiled

Xugashi

Doesn't look overly difficult. I'm a bit disappointed with the trophy images, but this is just a minor gripe.

I feel the same way, looks a little too ordinary if you ask me! :(

There is a rumor (whisful thinking) that it will be released during PSX.

Rumors should always be taken with a pinch of salt my friend! :P

Nothing too complicated. Looking forward to playing it.

It can all be done in one playthrough! B)

Pretty stock trophies. Standard grind out levels stuff. <yawn>

I don't think I ever got close to level 99 on the PS1, and did everything else here (relatively) easily. Why must we be bored with crap like "Get 99,999,999 Gil!"?

It's very doable if you know what you are doing. :)

I'm not sure why you're quoting me. I didn't say anything about the trophies not being "doable". I said they were stock and boring.

Congrats that you "know what you are doing" when it comes to grinding, I guess?

But they aren't too much of a grind?  If I recall I was in the 90s and had long since made that much gold when I was finally done with everything that there was to do.  A grid would imply that you finished everything else, and only need run fights for money or xp.

But they aren't too much of a grind?  If I recall I was in the 90s and had long since made that much gold when I was finally done with everything that there was to do.  A grid would imply that you finished everything else, and only need run fights for money or xp.

I was nowhere near the 90s when I beat the super weapons. I think I was in the 70s, and even that was over-leveled (I still have the save files for the PS1 version, so I'll check). It seems like nothing but a grind to me. It may not be Star Ocean, but it's still a drag. 

Why not have more interesting trophies that show some of the cooler aspects of the game? Oh right - this is Square, who is hardly known for innovation any more. But I guess the fans will play it again, so as long as there is a market...

By the way, this isn't meant as a knock to Xugashi (or anyone else here for that matter). I'm sure he's a great guy. I'm just so sick of Square re-releasing the same crap, over and over and over and over and...

Edited by starcrunch061

I was nowhere near the 90s when I beat the super weapons. I think I was in the 70s, and even that was over-leveled (I still have the save files for the PS1 version, so I'll check). It seems like nothing but a grind to me. It may not be Star Ocean, but it's still a drag. 

Why not have more interesting trophies that show some of the cooler aspects of the game? Oh right - this is Square, who is hardly known for innovation any more. But the fanboys will lap this (literally) decades-old crap up, so it doesn't matter.

By the way, this isn't meant as a knock to Xugashi (or anyone else here for that matter). I'm sure he's a great guy. I'm just so sick of Square re-releasing the same crap, over and over and over and over and...

In one fell swoop you have just decided to insult an entire fanbase.  It is fine that you think this game is crap, but it is a little bit of a stretch for you to talk down to the tens of thousands of players who loved this game, and will be more than happy to play it again.  If I were to look back at my favourite games on any console, this game would absolutely make the list.  Now, I may have some nostalgia tied to that, as this was the game that introduced me to the big open world RPGs, and by no means do I expect everyone to like it, but I am also not about to hand out a veiled insult because you don't like it.

As for releasing the same crap over and over, almost every final fantasy game they have released has had changes made to the battle system, the way the story is presented, and the world it exists in.  No sane person could point to VII, X, XII, XIII, and XIV and convince anyone that they are the same game over and over.  I cannot speak for games outside of the FF series, but even XIII 1, 2, and 3 were all different enough to justify the new game.

Yes, this game came out 2 decades ago, but if you were to ask any final fantasy fan to rate their top three final fantasy games, almost every single one of them would have VII in their list.  So clearly, even though you may not want it again, many other people do.

In one fell swoop you have just decided to insult an entire fanbase.  It is fine that you think this game is crap, but it is a little bit of a stretch for you to talk down to the tens of thousands of players who loved this game, and will be more than happy to play it again.  If I were to look back at my favourite games on any console, this game would absolutely make the list.  Now, I may have some nostalgia tied to that, as this was the game that introduced me to the big open world RPGs, and by no means do I expect everyone to like it, but I am also not about to hand out a veiled insult because you don't like it.

As for releasing the same crap over and over, almost every final fantasy game they have released has had changes made to the battle system, the way the story is presented, and the world it exists in.  No sane person could point to VII, X, XII, XIII, and XIV and convince anyone that they are the same game over and over.  I cannot speak for games outside of the FF series, but even XIII 1, 2, and 3 were all different enough to justify the new game.

Yes, this game came out 2 decades ago, but if you were to ask any final fantasy fan to rate their top three final fantasy games, almost every single one of them would have VII in their list.  So clearly, even though you may not want it again, many other people do.

1. I love Final Fantasy VII. I don't know where you got any other idea.
  2. When I speak of "releasing the same crap over and over", I literally mean RELEASING THE SAME CRAP OVER AND OVER. This is yet another remaster for Square.
  3. That's fine that you want to pay money to play the same game again. Do what you want. I'll continue to call out Square for this. If that's somehow insulting to you, ummm, I don't know what to say.

Or were you insulted that I mentioned "fanboys"?

Anyway, this is my last post in the thread. It was about trophies, and all I wanted to say was that they were stock and uninteresting. Feel free to have the last word, though I would ask that you read more carefully my meaning (although you are free to read it any way you wish - as I said, this is my last post here).

Edited by starcrunch061

I'm not sure why you're quoting me. I didn't say anything about the trophies not being "doable". I said they were stock and boring.

Congrats that you "know what you are doing" when it comes to grinding, I guess?

I was bored and couldn't resist the urge to quote for no reason! :P  It won't feel like a grind if you enjoy it, trust me dude! :)

Edited by Xugashi

So look's like word going around is FF7 will cost $14.99 i personally think it should be lower the hd port isn't really adding anything unless it's like the ios version where you can turn on level 99 character's and no random battles. Actually thinking about it ios is also $14.99 so ya.

what are you talking about it? It is not just a simple HD port.... should be happy if its even 14.99...

I'm happy it's not the same list as the Steam version (this is the port of that, hopefully everyone remembers this isn't the remake yet) and is a bit more imaginative. Also, yay, another FF platinum trophy :D

is it odd that there's no trophy for defeating ultima weapon?

Yeah, none for Ultimate and instead Diamond Weapon has one and it's a gold trophy xD

I believe you can also take Cid and Vincent if you play your cards right! xD

Unfortunately, you can't :P

Yes, this game came out 2 decades ago, but if you were to ask any final fantasy fan to rate their top three final fantasy games, almost every single one of them would have VII in their list.

I'm one of the FF fans who don't have FFVII in their top 3 ^^

Yeah, none for Ultimate and instead Diamond Weapon has one and it's a gold trophy xD

Ultimate Weapon is easy, same goes for Diamond Weapon too though.

99.999.999 gils ?! Everybody says that it's going to be easy but even with the proper technic it's gonna be long as hell ...

If the dupe glitch is available, very little of the grind trophies are going take long.

If it's not available, then you can always get this one specific set-up and go to the submarine and make it so your controller makes you walk into a corner and goes back and forth over and over so you actually meet enemies. With the correct set-up you auto morph all enemies, and if you aren't able to kill them easily and made it so you can barely even get a game over, and end battles etc with a turbo X button. All enemies there morph into stat increasing items! In fact, they got all the stat increasing items there.

List looks quite doable.  My biggest problem oddly enough will be getting Barret for the date in the Gold Saucer.  Had FF7 on PS1 since it was released and in all that time, in all the playthroughs I did of it, I think I got him for the date maybe one time (if that).  Everything else on that list I've done.

There are some few things that give you a plus in this direction.

One of them would be a thing you'd do with one of the other trophies, namely to get picked by Don, but then also mention Barret in one of the conversation. Yeah, go think about that for a while!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/2385

Edited by MMDE

I'm sad to admit this but about a year ago I purchased this as a ps1 classic so I could play it on my vita. I did everything you could in the game for no trophies. I even maxed out all my materia and stats. Yes I went in the submarine and fought all the battles that dropped plus 1 items to your attack defense luck, ext. I did EVERYTHING possible. Loved this game. I haste to admit it but I'll be playing this again for the trophies. What's wrong with me? LOL

Ultimate Weapon is easy, same goes for Diamond Weapon too though.

Right, but that wasn't the point of what I was saying anyways :P Diamond Weapon is a *story* boss, Ultimate Weapon is an optional one (well, finishing him off is) yet Diamond gets a gold trophy and Ultimate gets none xD

Right, but that wasn't the point of what I was saying anyways :P Diamond Weapon is a *story* boss, Ultimate Weapon is an optional one (well, finishing him off is) yet Diamond gets a gold trophy and Ultimate gets none xD

I think you don't get it before you finish the boss off, so not the story-line fight I think. I could of course be wrong about this, but that's what would make sense.