PS4 Trophies for Final Fantasy VII unveiled

Xugashi

The challenge is kinda gone once you get it though, and don't even get me started on Omnislash! :P

That's true. By that point, Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon are all that's left...and Omnislash is useless against Emerald Weapon. ;)

(It's still going to be plenty useful in Smash Bros., though!)

Edited by darkamdusias
  • Like 1

3 things that stick out 1 I never beat Ruby 2 Aeris's ulimate... 3 I want to date Tifa!

Get to Lv 99 by then you should have it. I think.

1. Ruby is easy if you go in with the right strategy: MP Turbo + Knights of the Round/MP Absorb/HP Absorb Combo + Final Attack/Full Life Combo + Two Pre-KO'd teammates = Easy Mode fight (It only takes more than five minutes because KOTR's animation is so long.)

2. It's really easy to get if you know how to get it. 

3. Alternate save files are wonderful things! I've already gone out with Tifa, Yuffie, and Aeris, so I'm pretty excited about hanging with Barret. 

4. Not necessarily, because you can actually level really quickly in the game. That's not to say that getting 99,999,999 is going to be particularly hard, though. ;)

From a quick search (because I forgot.. didn't play this for ages..)..

Selling "All" materia at master level, gives 1.4 million Gil each (and it takes just 35k AP), if I'm not wrong it doesn't take to long to get several of those mastered to sell.. or maybe the fact that I used to grind EXP/AP back then to master a lot of pointless stuff (I got a Master Command materia by mastering all other Command materias, same for magic.. only didn't got the Master Summon because KotR take forever to master..)...

Really looking forward to this.. (well, mainly because of P5 delay.. and nostalgia, I guess..)

...It is just a hd port what are you talking about theirs a reason every site is calling it a port.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-gameplay-and-battle-system-will-differ-original-how-much-469473

http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-wont-be-exactly-the-same-1711909183?utm_expid=66866090-68.hhyw_lmCRuCTCg0I2RHHtw.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

How is it just a HD port if they are changing stuffs that isnt just graphics, new better battle system, more added to story, and who knows what more surprises SE will add to FF7.

“I can’t share details, but we’re changing it to a more realistic system,” said Nomura originally. He also said, “We can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn. That would be bizarre. Of course there will likely be changes there.”

edit: 

Even a simple trailer dont look anything close to a simple PC "port" from some sites try to say.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-gameplay-and-battle-system-will-differ-original-how-much-469473

http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-wont-be-exactly-the-same-1711909183?utm_expid=66866090-68.hhyw_lmCRuCTCg0I2RHHtw.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

How is it just a HD port if they are changing stuffs that isnt just graphics, new better battle system, more added to story, and who knows what more surprises SE will add to FF7.

“I can’t share details, but we’re changing it to a more realistic system,” said Nomura originally. He also said, “We can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn. That would be bizarre. Of course there will likely be changes there.”

edit: 

Even a simple trailer dont look anything close to a simple PC "port" from some sites try to say.

This isn't the remake, this is a port of the PC version.

• Like 1

Selling "All" materia at master level, gives 1.4 million Gil each (and it takes just 35k AP), if I'm not wrong it doesn't take to long to get several of those mastered to sell.. or maybe the fact that I used to grind EXP/AP back then to master a lot of pointless stuff (I got a Master Command materia by mastering all other Command materias, same for magic.. only didn't got the Master Summon because KotR take forever to master..)...

I remember I always had "All" equipped, because it's a really really great materia. Anyways, it usually was far from mastered by the end of the game. You'd have to do AP grind to do that quickly.

Besides, you'd want to offer up all your mastered materia for master materia, but there are more than one way to get those IIRC.

This isn't the remake, this is a port of the PC version.

Yup, that it is, but it's the remastered PC version made for Steam. The game was initially released on PC alongside the PS1, or at least only some months later. Same goes for FF8.

Edited by MMDE

I remember I always had "All" equipped, because it's a really really great materia. Anyways, it usually was far from mastered by the end of the game. You'd have to do AP grind to do that quickly.

Besides, you'd want to offer up all your mastered materia for master materia, but there are more than one way to get those IIRC.

Yup, that it is, but it's the remastered PC version made for Steam. The game was initially it was released on PC alongside the PS1, or at least only some months later. Same goes for FF8.

Yup, I'm aware ^^ Kind of hoping VIII would get the same port treatment, too xD

Man, if I could upload my original PS1 save, I'd have to plat lol I'd just have to date Barret  :lol:

I remember the clock stopping on my original file lol

Yeah, but I'd be 10 times more excited for FFIX, FFVI or FFV, but that's me I guess. :P

FFIX in HD and trophies would make me do backflips. 

• Like 1

Yes, that way is the hard way (it was to Red XIII grandpa planetary or something in the canyon town), the easy way is missable if I'm not wrong, and would allow you to get 1 of each Master materia (or at least Master Command and Magic, not sure if there was an easy way for Master Summon..).

As I said, I did tons of grind back then for AP (not sure if it was only for AP, but probably was), so my sense of the required AP/time to master them could be way off..

If we would get FFVIII and IX with this treatment it would be great as long as no trophy for getting the Excalibur II on FFIX.. that would make for 1 of the rarest trophies ever (or at least I'm not sure if it was possible to get without manipulating everything, including opening the system cover to stop/start the disc reading to skip cutscenes or something.. that's the only thing I never got in FFIX and doubt I would be able to do anyway..)

Yes, that way is the hard way (it was to Red XIII grandpa planetary or something in the canyon town), the easy way is missable if I'm not wrong, and would allow you to get 1 of each Master materia (or at least Master Command and Magic, not sure if there was an easy way for Master Summon..).

As I said, I did tons of grind back then for AP (not sure if it was only for AP, but probably was), so my sense of the required AP/time to master them could be way off..

If we would get FFVIII and IX with this treatment it would be great as long as no trophy for getting the Excalibur II on FFIX.. that would make for 1 of the rarest trophies ever (or at least I'm not sure if it was possible to get without manipulating everything, including opening the system cover to stop/start the disc reading to skip cutscenes or something.. that's the only thing I never got in FFIX and doubt I would be able to do anyway..)

Nah, Excalibur II isn't that impossible to get, but the better speedrunners do the entire game in under 10 hours. What about all equipment? =D

A trophy that perhaps would be even more insane would be max card collector rank. Those requirements are pretty insane.

There would definitely be a max treasure hunter rank trophy, perhaps one for max rope skip rank too. xD The latter there is what I would have had the hardest time with.

Edited by MMDE

Nah, Excalibur II isn't that impossible to get, but the better speedrunners do the entire game in under 10 hours. What about all equipment? =D

A trophy that perhaps would be even more insane would be max card collector rank. Those requirements are pretty insane.

There would definitely be a max treasure hunter rank trophy, perhaps one for max rope skip rank too. xD The latter there is what I would have had the hardest time with.

Maybe.. But all equipment would probably be impossible, because I think there's quite a few missables, and going out of your way to get them would probably ruin the speedrun target time :lol: , unless Excalibur II wouldn't be necessary, in that case it would just be a long grind with a lot to collect..

As for the max card collector rank, it would be a pain! But I did liked that game (along the one in FFVIII)..

The treasure hunt is the chocobo minigame, right? I can see there being a trophy for it, but it wouldn't be to bad..

As for that rope skip minigame, I think I never went to far in it (and I remember that there were 1-2 unique cards for the card minigame in it..).. Ya, that wouldn't be cool to do at all!

Good old times!

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Maybe.. But all equipment would probably be impossible, because I think there's quite a few missables, and going out of your way to get them would probably ruin the speedrun target time :lol: , unless Excalibur II wouldn't be necessary, in that case it would just be a long grind with a lot to collect..

As for the max card collector rank, it would be a pain! But I did liked that game (along the one in FFVIII)..

As for that rope skip minigame, I think I never went to far in it (and I remember that there were 1-2 unique cards for the card minigame in it..).. Ya, that wouldn't be cool to do at all!

I think all equipment is doable. There's just some few missable equipment.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197338-final-fantasy-ix/faqs/21725

Most doesn't require too much extra time, but yeah, you'd run very close to not making the Excalibur II I guess.

I think the rope skip mini game had a key item prize at 2000 skips. :P I've only made it to some few hundred.

But all key items could have been one as well. You get various key items for certain side quests etc.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Key_Item#Final_Fantasy_IX

^ many of those are very missable.

Edited by MMDE

Yeah, but I'd be 10 times more excited for FFIX, FFVI or FFV, but that's me I guess. :P

Nah, that's me as well (IX and VI at least, those are in my top 3, V isn't) :D

I think all equipment is doable. There's just some few missable equipment.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197338-final-fantasy-ix/faqs/21725

Most doesn't require too much extra time, but yeah, you'd run very close to not making the Excalibur II I guess.

I think the rope skip mini game had a key item prize at 2000 skips. :P I've only made it to some few hundred.

But all key items could have been one as well. You get various key items for certain side quests etc.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Key_Item#Final_Fantasy_IX

^ many of those are very missable.

I've done all the rope jumping requirements on only one of my several IX playthroughs (only done Excalibur II once as well as it's another part of the game I do not wish to have "ruining" the experience on each playthrough) and I did not enjoy that part at all (I usually only go for the Alexandria card, sometimes Tiger Racket as well), but I honestly used to hate the Hippal parts a lot more than it due to always having hated such rapid button mashing xD

Nah, that's me as well (IX and VI at least, those are in my top 3, V isn't) :D

Ah, I love FFV's job system etc, and it did so many great upgrades from FFIV, especially battle system and gameplay wise. Just love playing that game, even if the story might not have been the best.

• Like 1

edit: 

You do realize this whole topic we haven't talked about the remake what you pointed out is the REMAKE this one coming out in dec. is a HD PORT you won't see the REMAKE for many many year's i hope that cleared it up for you.

I forgot to ask, Is it going to be digital only or is there going to be a physical as well?

digital

Besides the other games in the series coming to PSN with platinums as well, I really hope they release Tacticts WotL on PSN with a plat, though a trophy for mastering all jobs would not be fun to get. I don't see why this hasn't come out yet, it's on iOS so they should be able to port it no problem. 

Man, if I could upload my original PS1 save, I'd have to plat lol I'd just have to date Barret  :lol:

I remember the clock stopping on my original file lol

FFIX in HD and trophies would make me do backflips. 

I would love to see that happen! :) It was actually my favorite!

Oh okay, I wish it was physical like GTA: San Andreas but I am just so happy this game is coming out and with a Platinum trophy. Hopefully it is released soon.

Spring 2016! B)

• Like 1