Reporting Profiles (Modders)

I see lots of modders that mod/hack tons of trophies. Mainly all of those Level 100 people that randomly show up on the site. Are these people taken care of and removed from the site as soon as possible? I still see some on the dirty leaderboard as I thought these people are to be removed from this site completely. 

I just thought there should be an option to report the profile as a whole instead of a single game or two. It would make my job sending a report a lot easier. That way they get taken down sooner or in case they arn't noticed at all the job will be done! Or am I missing how it's being dealt with as of right now? I just want these kinda problems solved right away B)

lets not stir up trouble here just a thought

• Like 2

You mean those profiles with

completed in 2015

completed in 2012

completed in 2014

completed in 2013

completed in 2008

completed in 2009

completed in 2014

? I also find them quite ridiculous.

Yes, I see a lot of completed in 2013, then scroll down and see this years trophies. its really obvious lol.

I'm not certain about this, but from what I've as far as leaderboard activity, people at the top who are like level 100 who cheated thousands of trophies to get there are immediately put to the dirty leaderboards and then a few days later are completely removed from the site because their cheating was so blatant. I can't be certain though, I don't venture into the cheater reports area in the backend of the site but that's what it looks like as far as I can tell. :P

I think there's such a steady flow of them daily that there's just always cheaters at the top of the dirty leaderboards before they're removed.

Edited by BlindMango

If you flag about 6 to 8 different games for someone with hacked trophies, especially storyline trophies, they get removed completely. If you report less than that, they go to the dirty board. The speed at which they get taken down is completely up to whoever is processing the reports on the staff side. If anyone is unhappy with the speed at which they get reported, you're welcome to join in. There seems to be about 5 or so people regularly reporting cheaters in that part of the board. Also, don't bother reporting people already on the dirty board, whoever it is processing reports doesn't seem to bother with adding more flagged games if they've already been flagged awhile back for something else.

Edited by damon8r351

I'm not certain about this, but from what I've as far as leaderboard activity, people at the top who are like level 100 who cheated thousands of trophies to get there are immediately put to the dirty leaderboards and then a few days later are completely removed from the site because their cheating was so blatant.

Nah, there are cheaters with ~4k hidden hacked trophies like http://psnprofiles.com/RASHID-KIRA and they didn't get removed from anywhere.

Anyway we have ppl in top-50 who just hide the flagged trophies and return from dirty to clean leaderboards for 10-20 times like this guy http://psnprofiles.com/nasum26 (he just returned after hiding another flagged game).

Edited by ScooloV

Well in the past few days I've been fighting to make a guy be banned and finally is no longer here. He had like:

Completed in 2012

Completed in 2009

Completed in 2015

Completed in 2014

Completed in 2011

Completed in 2015

[....keep going fo a total of 70games]

The only games he didn't hack were PS4 stuff. But fortunately now it's banned ;D

Also I want to mention that the completed in 2012-2015 things can happen even without hacking. For example if you join a new system in which you already got trophies it will happen. You can see it on my list if you check AC 3-4 I got a few trophies on them.

completed in 2015

completed in 2012

completed in 2014

completed in 2013

completed in 2008

completed in 2009

completed in 2014

I have a decent few like this, I can assure you they aren't from hacking. Although since I'm flagged anyway, my word probably ain't worth shit.

With that said, my excuse, will be, The Amazing Spider-Man.

I got the plat on July 13, 2013, yet it is inbetween a stack of games from 2012. Those 2012 games appear in the middle of my 2014 games.

The reason for this, is the same reason I have a fair few without a timestamp. I played a bunch of games in the day on a friend's PS3 before I had one and before he had internet, we both were getting no timestamps from that. However, when I got my own PS3, I synced my trophies from his PS3 onto my account a couple of months after I got it and he came over. So then everything was square, except for the times I would go over to his house and play games on his.

Spider-Man, being something we both enjoy, was played by me on both machines. The last time it got activity on my account, was 2013, and that's the end of it. However, I played it on his machine sometime in 2012, along with several other games. Those games have timestamps because they were played after I hooked his PS3 up to the PSN for the first time. 

Now, I sync'd my trophies from his PS3 to my PSN again sometime in 2014 after I moved back into the area and caught up with him, so although it was from 2012, these were still technically new activities on my profile. So the timestamps are right, but the reason they are in the spot they are, is because of the time they were actually synced to the PSN.

as i stated somewhere else already: i think it would be a good idea to put new profiles (new to PSNP, first time registered here) to some kind of moderation queue before they are actually put into the leaderboards.

just because i think that it is highly unlikely that a psn profile with level 100+, which takes years to complete, never registered his profile here at psnp. a very strange behaviour for a dedicated trophy hunter, so most likely a hacker/modder anyway.

so basically switch from black- to whitelisting in these cases ;)

• Like 1

Nah, there are cheaters with ~4k hidden hacked trophies like http://psnprofiles.com/RASHID-KIRA and they didn't get removed from anywhere.

Anyway we have ppl in top-50 who just hide the flagged trophies and return from dirty to clean leaderboards for 10-20 times like this guy http://psnprofiles.com/nasum26 (he just returned after hiding another flagged game).

He might as well hide another one in Saints Row The Third, Time stamps are off in the story related stuff

The bloke that's on 8th spot has at least a dozen hacked games on his profile. I find it somewhat amusing actually, people going through the trouble of hacking games, especially if they're so blatantly bad at it, that it sticks out immediately.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

There's no hard limit at which a profile gets removed atm. The next site update removes the dirty leaderboard, I'll implement a limit as to how many flagged games can be hidden before you will no longer be allowed to return to the leaderboard.

btw, are you aware of the unhandled exception that is thrown if you compare someone to a "cheater": http://psnprofiles.com/shakka26-2/compare/Sly-Ripper

i'm just mentioning it, because it leaks quite some internal data (server path, sql query...) ;)

completed in 2015

completed in 2012

completed in 2014

completed in 2013

completed in 2008

completed in 2009

completed in 2014

I've never noticed anything like that before, what order do you put them in to check that? "Last Played" or just the default? If you're looking at profiles with the "Percent" order then the majority of them will look like that.

Edited by LeetWolf2

I have a decent few like this, I can assure you they aren't from hacking. Although since I'm flagged anyway, my word probably ain't worth shit.

With that said, my excuse, will be, The Amazing Spider-Man.

I got the plat on July 13, 2013, yet it is inbetween a stack of games from 2012. Those 2012 games appear in the middle of my 2014 games.

The reason for this, is the same reason I have a fair few without a timestamp. I played a bunch of games in the day on a friend's PS3 before I had one and before he had internet, we both were getting no timestamps from that. However, when I got my own PS3, I synced my trophies from his PS3 onto my account a couple of months after I got it and he came over. So then everything was square, except for the times I would go over to his house and play games on his.

Spider-Man, being something we both enjoy, was played by me on both machines. The last time it got activity on my account, was 2013, and that's the end of it. However, I played it on his machine sometime in 2012, along with several other games. Those games have timestamps because they were played after I hooked his PS3 up to the PSN for the first time. 

Now, I sync'd my trophies from his PS3 to my PSN again sometime in 2014 after I moved back into the area and caught up with him, so although it was from 2012, these were still technically new activities on my profile. So the timestamps are right, but the reason they are in the spot they are, is because of the time they were actually synced to the PSN.

I have a few of that too, but for days, not for years, since I got my vita. It happened once or twice to plat a vita game (no sync), then go to ps3, plat something, sync it and update the site, then returning to the vita and syncing that too and my times were like

completed may 20th

completed may 23rd

Stuff like this is easily ignorable, don't actually mean shit, to be honest. I've activated the auto-update trophy sync and it never happened again since then IIRC. Problem is when someone just goes back and forth like the image I've posted. It isn't that hard to spot a hacked timestamp console, which isn't a matter of savefiles at all, that's plain CFW. Any decent trophy hunter that cares about their trophies wouldn't take an year to sync their trophies (what makes me wonder, why did you take that long to sync yours since you were always competing against that nemesis of yours?).

I've never noticed anything like that before, what order do you put them in to check that? "Last Played" or just the default? If you're looking at profiles with the "Percent" order then the majority of them will look like that.

It's always "Last Played" which is my default. I hate the alphabetical and percentage orders for some reason. I'll link the profile I've screencapped from and you can scroll down and see what I'm saying.

http://psnprofiles.com/FrostyVendetta-

Mayus posted about this profile yesterday on a status update and I went to check it.

I have a few of that too, but for days, not for years, since I got my vita. It happened once or twice to plat a vita game (no sync), then go to ps3, plat something, sync it and update the site, then returning to the vita and syncing that too and my times were like

completed may 20th

completed may 23rd

Stuff like this is easily ignorable, don't actually mean shit, to be honest. I've activated the auto-update trophy sync and it never happened again since then IIRC. Problem is when someone just goes back and forth like the image I've posted. It isn't that hard to spot a hacked timestamp console, which isn't a matter of savefiles at all, that's plain CFW. Any decent trophy hunter that cares about their trophies wouldn't take an year to sync their trophies (what makes me wonder, why did you take that long to sync yours since you were always competing against that nemesis of yours?).

I can't do the auto sync thing because it's a Plus feature I believe, and I'm not intending on being on Plus too often, on top of that rest mode has cause me nothing but trouble so I have that completely turned off. 

Well for one, that nemesis guy, that lasted for probably just a month or so in total, but the reason  I never sync'd my progress on his was location differences. I ended up living intestate for about 9 months and didn't see the guy during that time except a couple of times when I came back for 3 weeks on a holiday thing, but not too much later I ended up moving back anyway and then sync'd up.

completed in 2015

completed in 2012

completed in 2014

completed in 2013

completed in 2008

completed in 2009

completed in 2014

Let's use my favourite example http://psnprofiles.com/EphemeralEcho

3ec6d2d499698ce9904d3fb539027cc7.png

I flagged his Injustice. His Razing Storm is also illegitimate

I've confronted him about it several times in the chat, but he doesn't seem to own the intellect of verbal communication 

People like this should be permanently removed

Edited by Batman
  • Like 1

Let's use my favourite example http://psnprofiles.com/EphemeralEcho

3ec6d2d499698ce9904d3fb539027cc7.png

I got flagged his Injustice. His Razing Storm is also illegitimate

I've confronted him about it several times in the chat, but he doesn't seem to own the intellect of verbal communication 

People like this should be permanently removed

That guy has Assassin's Creed II trophies earned out of order too... I don't understand how someone is so bad a gaming that they had to hack a game that easy.