Benevolent Leader Easy

LiNSiCKeL

This will be easy but should still take time.

The reason you don't want to use sanctuary is because of all the named NPCs who can't be assigned. 

So basically anyplace else works, just make them free of companions as well, ditch the companion when raising the happiness as well. Red Rocket just outside sanctuary is nice as it already has lots of stuff so you have to build less. Yes the size refers to only the bar during building not people, you will only do 6.

As well if you already tried sanctuary you can probably save and sell all as you will only need 5 level 3 clinics. Sell all your ammo and weapons if you need to. 

Set up the 6 mutifruit plants and the 5 clinics. Only need 6 water and 6 beds as well. Place the beds under roof. My defense was only 40.

Fill the place till the size bar in the workshop is yellow. You should just be able to use crates, I had a mixture of paintings and other random crap I could build to get it full ASAP.

Now go to other areas and sending people or set up a broad cast for people to come untill you have 6, if you use the tower make sure you stop it 

Assign 1 person to the food and the other 5 to clinics. 

Place your bell and a chair nearby. 

Ring the bell wait until they slowly saunter off, sit and wait 22-24 hours and ring the bell again. I always did around 10AM. It did take me 2 hours to raise it up. 

I just got it doing this and you will need a lot less than others, it should be a lot less hassle.

Edit:

Size may not matter, although unconfirmed. If you don't move your size up and it works let me know. 

Food does not matter, potentially using 6 clinics will raise your happiness faster. If you try no food, do not place unworked mutifruit. 

Paintings do nothing, so fill your size bar with what ever you can build. 

I also had a supply line going to Red Rocket Station from another place for my building and it remained on during achievement. 

Edited by LiNSiCKeL
  • Like 2

I'm doing this method in Tenpines Bluff minus putting in crates and stuff since I read that doesn't matter. But I have been wondering how many points did it go up for you after a while. I feel like it only goes up one point every 20-30 minutes.

Edit: Ugh, their happiness went down for no reason after it got to 84. I guess I'll load up another save and try for Red Rocket Station. This is by far one of the most annoying trophies I've done since you're just supposed to wait around. I would almost rather grind another 10,000 Damage with X from New Vegas.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

This didn't need its own thread. As it's been said by a couple of ppl including me in the original thread.

That being said, I did it in Sanctuary with Named NPC's.

And Food DOESNT matter.

Disagree strongly, there is nothing in the other thread saying what I am saying, including yourself. Everyone goes on about 20 people 16 clinics and such way higher than required. This will even help those people so far along in that as they can literally sell and ditch Sanctuary and move on to a new place. As well a clear concise less hassle method won't get lost on this thread because it is the thread, so isntead of reading 3 pages and somewhat understanding I can read 1 paragraph and understand. 

I'm doing this method in Tenpines Bluff minus putting in crates and stuff since I read that doesn't matter. But I have been wondering how many points did it go up for you after a while. I feel like it only goes up one point every 20-30 minutes.

Edit: Ugh, their happiness went down for no reason after it got to 84. I guess I'll load up another save and try for Red Rocket Station. This is by far one of the most annoying trophies I've done since you're just supposed to wait around. I would almost rather grind another 10,000 Damage with X from New Vegas.

They took quite a while, although I hear you don't have to wait the ~24 hours before you ring the bell, but 98-99 took 3-5 bell rings and waits. 99-100 was only 2 I think. They all took a couple some more than others and it went up pretty slowly, hence the ~2 hours of raising it.

I did leave the place while people were there, although it was early (around 50 happy) and I went quick to other places to get some wood and such to ensure my size was big enough, although I heard also that you don't need it to be in yellow. 

Unsure what is with yours, I have read many people having that problem and there is potential there is synths living in the settlement? Unsure if this is a confirmed thing, or else it is just buggy, hopefully your retry works for you man. 

So do you ring the bell then wait for 24 hours or do you have to wait for them to get to the bell then do it or does it not matter ? And how long do you wait ?

I rang the bell and waited the 5-10min (until they left and went back on about their day) for them to come and enjoy me in all my glory then sit and wait, repeat.

I have read that the waiting isn't required and just ringing the bell will do, but I have no conformation. 

They took quite a while, although I hear you don't have to wait the ~24 hours before you ring the bell, but 98-99 took 3-5 bell rings and waits. 99-100 was only 2 I think. They all took a couple some more than others and it went up pretty slowly, hence the ~2 hours of raising it.

I did leave the place while people were there, although it was early (around 50 happy) and I went quick to other places to get some wood and such to ensure my size was big enough, although I heard also that you don't need it to be in yellow. 

Unsure what is with yours, I have read many people having that problem and there is potential there is synths living in the settlement? Unsure if this is a confirmed thing, or else it is just buggy, hopefully your retry works for you man. 

That's what makes this trophy so confusing. It's hard to tell how many bell rings or how many days you have to wait. What I do is I ring the bell, wait for them all to go away, wait for 24 hours, ring the bell again and repeat. It usually goes up every few times I do that. I also feel like doing settlement quests for that settlement raises the happiness, because when I did the Tenplines Bluff experiment, I did their quest, came back and then the happiness meter went up. But now that there's a chance that leaving them alone for five seconds will cause them to get unhappy again, so now I'm worried to go anywhere.

I haven't heard about the Synth thing. I imagine someone would bring it up with you if something like that would happen, or someone would pull out an Institute pistol and open fire. I think my problem is I messed around with Sanctuary too much beforehand and moving all the resources from there to Red Rocket would be annoying because I have so many there. They should have had it where resources carry over to every Workbench. And yeah, I've also read it doesn't have to be in the yellow. Or the size itself doesn't really matter. I got to 84 in Tenpines Bluff and they were hardly that big of a settlement. I just wish I knew what caused their happiness to go down.

It should also be noted that the points gained decreases every 10 points. Like it went from 55 to 64, and then 64 to 73. I'm not really sure what that's about. Did that happen with yours?

That's what makes this trophy so confusing. It's hard to tell how many bell rings or how many days you have to wait. What I do is I ring the bell, wait for them all to go away, wait for 24 hours, ring the bell again and repeat. It usually goes up every few times I do that. I also feel like doing settlement quests for that settlement raises the happiness, because when I did the Tenplines Bluff experiment, I did their quest, came back and then the happiness meter went up. But now that there's a chance that leaving them alone for five seconds will cause them to get unhappy again, so now I'm worried to go anywhere.

I haven't heard about the Synth thing. I imagine someone would bring it up with you if something like that would happen, or someone would pull out an Institute pistol and open fire. I think my problem is I messed around with Sanctuary too much beforehand and moving all the resources from there to Red Rocket would be annoying because I have so many there. They should have had it where resources carry over to every Workbench. And yeah, I've also read it doesn't have to be in the yellow. Or the size itself doesn't really matter. I got to 84 in Tenpines Bluff and they were hardly that big of a settlement. I just wish I knew what caused their happiness to go down.

It should also be noted that the points gained decreases every 10 points. Like it went from 55 to 64, and then 64 to 73. I'm not really sure what that's about. Did that happen with yours?

Oh it is so confusing. I read many different things and this was what worked. Yea I did exactly what you said, but it would be varying, some were 5 rings others less. I However I always had an up arrow on the happiness which was very encouraging when I hit 99. Others seemed to also say about the quest, but as you allude to people are having bugs with leaving. 

Edit: I always had the up arrow 100% through it, I did not in Sanctuary, it stalled at 94 I got more clinic and stalled at 96. So if you aren't doing what I have laid out and it changed from up you may not have enough stuff to get 100, although it seems buggy for some. 

The synth thing could just be something people thought, I haven't seen anyone confirm it, but people were saving and killing all their settlers to see if any dropped synth parts, some were saying they did. Honestly really cool if that can happen, but pretty annoying. Might be worth a try if your happiness tanks for no reason. Well if the size bar in building doesn't need to be yellow then there really isn't much a requirement, although maybe it can't be like two people only. 

You can still ditch Sanctuary, if you were farther than me even better, I only had like 9 shops ready so I got less from selling, but I just sold all ammo and such to get the caps I required for 5x1800 clinics. Just sell everything and scrap it all around there and then supply line to sanctuary (I guess you need the perk, if you don't have it I would just carry it all and slow walk it down to red rocket). Like I am not saying it won't suck, I had to spam that salvage way too much, but may be only thing to do. To complete the size full I went to another place and cleared it and set supply line to get that extra wood/steel to fill the remaining (although this probably isn't needed). It's probably a good choice to do so as sadly Sanctuary is basically the worst place to do this as you need way more people and it seems to add to the difficulty. 

That is exactly what happened and I assume always will. It was 48 I believe then like 56 and 62 and 70 so on, eventually it was 90 and then it only would go up in 1s, maybe did so from 85 actually. That was the biggest grind, pre-90 would jump a few often on 1 bell, but post-90 could be 2-5 per, hence why it takes so long. Do as other says just ring, go do something, wait 24 hours and repeat. As for getting 84 somewhere, I wouldn't think much of it, post-90 is all that matters and is when you need the shops and such. 

I believe I had video of me earning it and doing some the grinding, could show the place I have although there isn't anything to see as I just threw stuff all over the place to fill the bar. 

Edited by LiNSiCKeL

Oh it is so confusing. I read many different things and this was what worked. Yea I did exactly what you said, but it would be varying, some were 5 rings others less. I However I always had an up arrow on the happiness which was very encouraging when I hit 99. Others seemed to also say about the quest, but as you allude to people are having bugs with leaving. 

Edit: I always had the up arrow 100% through it, I did not in Sanctuary, it stalled at 94 I got more clinic and stalled at 96. So if you aren't doing what I have laid out and it changed from up you may not have enough stuff to get 100, although it seems buggy for some. 

I'm not sure if I had a problem where I leave and it goes down. I know it's gone down in other places like Sanctuary because I leave to do other quests and I didn't care to mess around whatever it was they wanted. I'd rather not risk leaving though.

That is exactly what happened and I assume always will. It was 48 I believe then like 56 and 62 and 70 so on, eventually it was 90 and then it only would go up in 1s, maybe did so from 85 actually. That was the biggest grind, pre-90 would jump a few often on 1 bell, but post-90 could be 2-5 per, hence why it takes so long. Do as other says just ring, go do something, wait 24 hours and repeat. As for getting 84 somewhere, I wouldn't think much of it, post-90 is all that matters and is when you need the shops and such. 

I believe I had video of me earning it and doing some the grinding, could show the place I have although there isn't anything to see as I just threw stuff all over the place to fill the bar.

Alright, just making sure. I guess it's to encourage you to build more stuff for the settlement, but I don't know. All that should matter is they aren't getting attacked and they have enough food and water. It's stupid that you have to make a settlement look like a cluster of Surgery Centers and turrets to max out the happiness. It would be great if quests were confirmed to actually increase it too, or there was some kind of Peace Walker mechanic that contributed to it.

That would be great if you could find it.

I'm not sure if I had a problem where I leave and it goes down. I know it's gone down in other places like Sanctuary because I leave to do other quests and I didn't care to mess around whatever it was they wanted. I'd rather not risk leaving though.

Alright, just making sure. I guess it's to encourage you to build more stuff for the settlement, but I don't know. All that should matter is they aren't getting attacked and they have enough food and water. It's stupid that you have to make a settlement look like a cluster of Surgery Centers and turrets to max out the happiness. It would be great if quests were confirmed to actually increase it too, or there was some kind of Peace Walker mechanic that contributed to it.

That would be great if you could find it.

Well I did have some of it going down too, but that could just be over time and never being there as your prese

I agree, it is pretty stupid that this is what you need to do. Should just be keeping food water and such and require to have many people and then shops and some paintings or something for the last leg. I don't know how they didn't realize this themselves. It is dumb you need to build all 1 shop, basically last thing I did and it was new save cause I was about to ruin my little place I made during the course of my game play that was a fun component. I think it is as some have alluded to, this was a feature tacked on late in the game, they may have not got to do all the testing they wanted. I just doubt this is what they intended us to be doing.

I have the videos (1 look around and 1 grinding/when I got it), but they will take decent time to upload sadly. 

Well I did have some of it going down too, but that could just be over time and never being there as your prese

I agree, it is pretty stupid that this is what you need to do. Should just be keeping food water and such and require to have many people and then shops and some paintings or something for the last leg. I don't know how they didn't realize this themselves. It is dumb you need to build all 1 shop, basically last thing I did and it was new save cause I was about to ruin my little place I made during the course of my game play that was a fun component. I think it is as some have alluded to, this was a feature tacked on late in the game, they may have not got to do all the testing they wanted. I just doubt this is what they intended us to be doing.

I have the videos (1 look around and 1 grinding/when I got it), but they will take decent time to upload sadly. 

I feel like they got the idea from the New Vegas mod called Wasteland Defense. But that's just my guess.

I got the trophy just now though! I'm glad to get that out of the way. Now the only thing I'm concerned with are the collectibles and the 5 large enemies. Never thought I would be glad to go after collectibles. But thanks for your help man :)

These were my stats

People - 7 (6 for the Stations, 1 for the food)

Food - 12 (I wound up planting more food when it got to the 90's range)

Water - 15 (I also put in more water as it went on just to be safe)

Power - 0

Defense - 36

I added more food and water because it got stuck on 97 for about 30 minutes and once I put more food and water down it went up again. I figured that's what solved it but who knows at this point.

• Like 1

I feel like they got the idea from the New Vegas mod called Wasteland Defense. But that's just my guess.

I got the trophy just now though! I'm glad to get that out of the way. Now the only thing I'm concerned with are the collectibles and the 5 large enemies. Never thought I would be glad to go after collectibles. But thanks for your help man :)

These were my stats

People - 7 (6 for the Stations, 1 for the food)

Food - 12 (I wound up planting more food when it got to the 90's range)

Water - 15 (I also put in more water as it went on just to be safe)

Power - 0

Defense - 36

I added more food and water because it got stuck on 97 for about 30 minutes and once I put more food and water down it went up again. I figured that's what solved it but who knows at this point.

Nice, grats. Yea who knows really what is up with it. I had exact amount of stuff they needed some say they had no food lol.

I would not be concerned with the 5 big enemies, unless it is about bugs or something? As this was very easy to do.

Only one bobble head is a pain, I don't really think its miss-able, but you gotta do a few quests first and I guess you could screw that up potentially. 

• Like 1

Nice, grats. Yea who knows really what is up with it. I had exact amount of stuff they needed some say they had no food lol.

I would not be concerned with the 5 big enemies, unless it is about bugs or something? As this was very easy to do.

Only one bobble head is a pain, I don't really think its miss-able, but you gotta do a few quests first and I guess you could screw that up potentially. 

Thanks :) I actually did have my food in the red up until it got to the 80's I believe, but I put more food up just to be on the safe side.

I'm sure it won't be that bad, especially since I'm fairly OP as it is, and now I have Enclave Power Armor for extra defense.

I think I know which one you're talking about. I looked at a guide and it said there's a specific place I have to go to for the story to get it.

Disagree strongly, there is nothing in the other thread saying what I am saying, including yourself. Everyone goes on about 20 people 16 clinics and such way higher than required. This will even help those people so far along in that as they can literally sell and ditch Sanctuary and move on to a new place. As well a clear concise less hassle method won't get lost on this thread because it is the thread, so isntead of reading 3 pages and somewhat understanding I can read 1 paragraph and understand. 

Disagree strongly, too. You're splitting the discussion. Now we have to read two threads to get the full impression of the problem. There are posts in the other thread with less than 20 persons and it is a discussion, not a tutorial. We still don't know how many people are optimal. Your way isn't the best way as well as most likely all other ways posted so far aren't. I hope these threads can get merged so we can continue the discussion to find the best way.

Disagree strongly, too. You're splitting the discussion. Now we have to read two threads to get the full impression of the problem. There are posts in the other thread with less than 20 persons and it is a discussion, not a tutorial. We still don't know how many people are optimal. Your way isn't the best way as well as most likely all other ways posted so far aren't. I hope these threads can get merged so we can continue the discussion to find the best way.

I don't really expect much discussion about it anymore. This should work for people and the discussion present is mostly just details of how things happened. 

If You happiness has a upwards arrow sleep for 48 hours (in game) then leave the build menu up for 5-10 mins and it will go up, I sat like this for about 2-3 hours on a spare TV, 

It was the last trophy I needed for the Platinum

I have heard the waiting doesn't matter, but bringing up the workshop surely doesn't. I only did this every couple bell rings to make sure it was still going up. 

I have heard the waiting doesn't matter, but bringing up the workshop surely doesn't. I only did this every couple bell rings to make sure it was still going up. 

Well I can tell you it worked for me thats all I'm saying

Edited by Hanzoadam

I have to say your method worked like a charm. I used Red Rocket as well. Got some basics set up - 2 clinics, 7 people, minimum green levels of water, food, defense, power. Left my PS4 on overnight and throughout the next day. When I came back from work, it was up to 89, but going down. Spent some time gathering caps and put in 4 more lvl 3 clinics. Assigned people and then hung around ringing bell and just standing there and crafting random crates/water pumps and other things to get the size up to yellow level. Within 2-3 hours of playing/just leaving the game running, I got to 100. Never stopped going up after adding the other 4 clinics.

This should be the method touted in trophy guides. Sanctuary is way too finicky, as are many other settlements. I abandoned ship in sanctuary and less than 24 hours later, got the trophy at Red Rocket. Thanks for you guide! It's the best out there I think.

I am stalled at 86 in The Castle. Here are my stats:

People - 18

Food -21

Water - 52

Power - 37

Defense - 92

Beds - 21

I have 4 clothing shops, and 5 clinic shops, because I heard all that matters is clothing, health, and power (TVs, to be specific). I built up the defense for the quest for defending the Castle. I might scrap some of those turrets since I am at max settlement size right now, and build more shops. And since food doesn't matter, maybe I'll take some away and install shops instead.

Besides that, does anyone have any tips as to how else to bring this up to 100%?

I am stalled at 86 in The Castle. Here are my stats:

People - 18

Food -21

Water - 52

Power - 37

Defense - 92

Beds - 21

I have 4 clothing shops, and 5 clinic shops, because I heard all that matters is clothing, health, and power (TVs, to be specific). I built up the defense for the quest for defending the Castle. I might scrap some of those turrets since I am at max settlement size right now, and build more shops. And since food doesn't matter, maybe I'll take some away and install shops instead.

Besides that, does anyone have any tips as to how else to bring this up to 100%?

In my case power didn't matter so long as they had enough food, water, and I stayed at the settlement. Although since you are at the Castle I guess the requirements are high since there are more people. I read there's a glitch though where TV's for some reason decrease happiness, so I would remove the TV's and see what happens then. I would also say try to plant food anyway, since when I did it I feel like the Happiness increased when I put more food and water down. I also only had clinics and nothing else.

In my case power didn't matter so long as they had enough food, water, and I stayed at the settlement. Although since you are at the Castle I guess the requirements are high since there are more people. I read there's a glitch though where TV's for some reason decrease happiness, so I would remove the TV's and see what happens then. I would also say try to plant food anyway, since when I did it I feel like the Happiness increased when I put more food and water down. I also only had clinics and nothing else.

I removed TVs and some turrets, as my defense rating of 92 was unnecessary. Also, when I did the Minuteman questline, the attack from the Institute killed a few settlers, which also dropped the happiness level to 71%. So I have 14 settlers, and 71 defense, but everything else remains the same. I also got rid of a weapons shop and replaced it with a clinic.. All of those changes took my happiness from 71% back up to 86%, where it has stayed. I think I can pull it off. I also have 6 people in Sanctuary, with a happiness rating of 82%, and there is a bell there. Maybe if I build some walls up there around the perimeter, and stay awhile, I'll hit max happiness. I am trying a few things. The only other trophy I need is getting to Level 50, so if my exploration has to cease in order to stay at a settlement, I'll do that.

I have to say your method worked like a charm. I used Red Rocket as well. Got some basics set up - 2 clinics, 7 people, minimum green levels of water, food, defense, power. Left my PS4 on overnight and throughout the next day. When I came back from work, it was up to 89, but going down. Spent some time gathering caps and put in 4 more lvl 3 clinics. Assigned people and then hung around ringing bell and just standing there and crafting random crates/water pumps and other things to get the size up to yellow level. Within 2-3 hours of playing/just leaving the game running, I got to 100. Never stopped going up after adding the other 4 clinics.

This should be the method touted in trophy guides. Sanctuary is way too finicky, as are many other settlements. I abandoned ship in sanctuary and less than 24 hours later, got the trophy at Red Rocket. Thanks for you guide! It's the best out there I think.

Glad it worked for you, I do agree, this should be the method to try and seems to present the least hassles. I can't understand all the underlying problems, but just seems to work the best. 

I removed TVs and some turrets, as my defense rating of 92 was unnecessary. Also, when I did the Minuteman questline, the attack from the Institute killed a few settlers, which also dropped the happiness level to 71%. So I have 14 settlers, and 71 defense, but everything else remains the same. I also got rid of a weapons shop and replaced it with a clinic.. All of those changes took my happiness from 71% back up to 86%, where it has stayed. I think I can pull it off. I also have 6 people in Sanctuary, with a happiness rating of 82%, and there is a bell there. Maybe if I build some walls up there around the perimeter, and stay awhile, I'll hit max happiness. I am trying a few things. The only other trophy I need is getting to Level 50, so if my exploration has to cease in order to stay at a settlement, I'll do that.

It may sound like a pain, but if you haven't figured this out. Make a new save, dump the place and scrap all you need to get the reosources and caps required and follow the plan laid out in this thread. It seems to be the best and work the most consistent for people (at least the posters, may be many more it helped who didn't post). It could be because of there being 0 people there or no named NPCS? I believe there is a named NPC at the castle? Don't forget to ditch your follower somewhere when you go to raise just in case. Good luck to ya. 

Glad it worked for you, I do agree, this should be the method to try and seems to present the least hassles. I can't understand all the underlying problems, but just seems to work the best. 

It may sound like a pain, but if you haven't figured this out. Make a new save, dump the place and scrap all you need to get the reosources and caps required and follow the plan laid out in this thread. It seems to be the best and work the most consistent for people (at least the posters, may be many more it helped who didn't post). It could be because of there being 0 people there or no named NPCS? I believe there is a named NPC at the castle? Don't forget to ditch your follower somewhere when you go to raise just in case. Good luck to ya. 

Thanks. yeah, I have not been ditching my followers. And the castle has unnamed NPCs because I moved them all over from Sunshine Tidings Coop. I'll try dumping the place, and starting over using the methods in this thread. I also have started using the methods in this thread at the Warwick Homestead. So I think I'll be alright. I am mainly just impatient with how long it takes.

I'm not sure about the defense rating being unnecessary. I always read that it was supposed to be more than all the other stuff. But it's confusing enough as it is, so maybe you're right. Not sure about building walls though. You could try that, especially since you said there's only six people there. I feel like the less people there are the easier it is to increase the Happiness, but that's just a theory so far.